Veritaville
we are the Veritas. By definition, the Veritas are not a cult, we are a political party dedicated to trying to make the fandom a better place. Or just chatting. Whatever strikes us.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Lieutenant Of Artemis

This summer, one of my best friends and I weren't getting along. We used to be really close friends but she was so rude now and she changed a lot. Finally, we decided that we just can't get along anymore and after a mouthful of cusses at me, we weren't best friends anymore. I felt so sad and hard to breathe through all my problems, but two of my FF.net friends and another close friend of mine comforted me and pushed me out of the gloom, letting me see the light again. I'm so grateful for them, and they GMH

9/24/2010 #61
PaperSky95

Last summer I visited my hometown. After my 14-hour flight across the Atlantic Ocean, the moment I stepped out of the airport my old friends took me away for a sleepover (jetlag and all). They skipped study time, crammed projects, and canceled appointments to make my entire month back home worth while.

They bawled like babies when I left.

But even with a half-a-day time difference, we still talk every weekend (ain't the internet grand?). The sleepless hours and early mornings are SO worth it :D

Friends that stay with you forever GMH :3

10/4/2010 #62
El Vagabundo Solitario

Living GMH.

10/12/2010 #63
Infinity Blues

I'm reading the GMH site, and I came acroos one that strikes me a different way, beause it is about online friends.

Two years ago, I tried to kill myself by swallowing a bottle of painkillers. My online friend, who I'd never met, was the only person who knew. He called 911, they pumped my stomach to save my life. Today, I got my bachelor's degree in sociology. I'm now going to grad school. GMH

10/12/2010 #64
compilationerror

I have broadband.

Now, that Gives Me Hope...

10/12/2010 #65
Lieutenant Of Artemis

Last night I felt lonely and sad; full of stress. I felt like no one understood me, or even cared for me. After writing down my feelings and leaving it on the table, my parents saw it, read it, and supported/comforted me. My friends also helped me. Friends and family GMH.

10/13/2010 #66
compilationerror

My report card was decent, if not top-notch.

This GMH that I can get a job in this beleaguered country... xP

10/20/2010 #67
LionessAmaya

I never meant for my friends to find out about my blog.

Somehow, I found the courage to hit 'Post' even knowing they would read it.

The thought that just maybe they'll care GMH.

11/5/2010 #68
flying in the rain

One of my best friend's had a fight with her mom that she was really cut up about. However, she still managed to squeeze out my feelings about a bad group situation for a project and console me, even when she was in a much worse situation. Caring friends GMH.

11/5/2010 #69
deleteddecember2014

The things that GMH are music and the fact that anonymous people on the internet actually care. So few people IRL really care, and coming here is like coming home. These both depress me and GMH at the same time. And a last thing that GMH is the fact that my aunt, who I haven't seen for years, came last Sunday AND the Sunday before last.

11/5/2010 #70
LionessAmaya

So let me get this correct - Larry King is getting his 8th divorce, Liz Taylor is possibly getting married for a 9th time, Britney Spears had a 55 hour marriage. Jesse James & Tiger Woods are screwing EVERYTHING, yet the idea of same-sex marriage is going to ......destroy the .........institution of marriage?? Really? REALLY...?? Re-post to your page if you agree - Proud to support equal rights for ALL.

^ Posted on facebook by my 65-year-old grandmother.

Love you, Grandma.

12/15/2010 #71
hecates

KAYLA.

:D

Can I talk to you on Skype?

12/15/2010 #72
LionessAmaya

Uh... no. It's uninstalled 'til monday.

Gmail is slashfangirlxx though. *halo*

12/15/2010 #73
Clockwork of Time

You guys GMH. 'Nuff said.

12/16/2010 #74
Musafreen

My brother and I find the same things funny.

It GMH. :) Even when we want to claw each other's faces off.

12/16/2010 #75
Midnight Sol

I got hurt by a boy. Everyone on Ghost Town gave me support, and lifted me up. Simple and silly things were said, but they made all the difference for me. All my friends on FF GMH

I was depressed. Maddie took time out of her day to talk to some girl, thousands of miles away, over the Internet. That gave me confidence. She made it better. She GMH.

My dad will be home for Christmas this year. This GMH

12/18/2010 #76
Musafreen

*hugs Fanda*

The boy deserves to be stabbed.

12/18/2010 #77
asimplecritic

*dittos to Musa*

12/18/2010 #78
compilationerror

*pokes Veritaville*

Oh, look! Decent people!

This GMH. xDDDD

Sorry, I'm a bit hysterical. Bloody ski camp.

12/18/2010 #79
SmartKookie

One of my best friends IRL has gone through a lot this year. Back in autumn, she called me and said she had pneumonia. When I first got the call, I cried silently, because that was what my grandmother died of. Because her immune system is so weak, she was sick for almost a month and a half. Out of all my friends, I was the one who called her every day, updating her about everything. She was always so strong, never showed any fear. We gave each other hope.

She has been well for about two months now, but she called me. She told me her hair was falling out, as an after-effect of being so sick for so long. Her voice wavered, the first true sign of fear I've heard from her. She said she might be bald for a while, and sounded a little scared, because she was already made fun of in school, and it could get worse. I remembered how much hope she gave me, so the last thing I said when she was done was "I'm buying you a blue wig," and I hung up and went out to buy her a wig. She said this gave her hope.

1/1/2011 #80
Aventine Hill

These are from the GMH website, but I love them:

In English class yesterday we had to do a presentation. A boy who has a horrible stutter got up and tried to do his. He couldn't make it through the first line, and our teacher told him to stop joking around and just do it. Everyone in class turned to her and stared until she apologized. A class who knows what is right gives me hope

and

Each grade in our school had to decorate a hallway for the holidays. The seniors did an African theme with black birds flying out of a tree. On each bird was a senior's name. Leading them was Dylan R. on a white bird. Dylan died of brain cancer two years ago. Their love for a fallen friend GMH.

1/1/2011 #81
asimplecritic

This was a while ago, but it still makes me happy.

Me and my parents went out to eat dinner, and the lady at the table next to us came up to my mom and said,"I admire your courage."

Her going a little out of her way to give a total stranger encouragement GMH.

1/14/2011 #82
meaner than my demons

My friends GMH. No matter how much I'm picked on, they always stand by me.

1/16/2011 . Edited 5/27/2011 #83
asimplecritic

Hooray smart children!

4/12/2011 #84
SerendipitousSerenity

This was a few months ago, but remembering it still brings me smile.

It was my sixteenth birthday, and it fell on a Saturday. I'm not exactly a social person, I don't even remember my friend's birthday and I didn't expect any presents other than from my family. Then in the evening, I received a text message from a girl I haven't talked to in a long time. We used to go to the same after school club, but I left in the middle of my tenth grade and rarely talked to her again.

She said 'Happy Birthday'

My friend gives me hope.

5/19/2011 #85
SharpenedPencil

This was a while ago.

Critic, me, and a friend went to watch the Lightning Thief movie. During the movie, Critic was freaking out because it sucked so bad and I had to tell her to shut up half the time 'cause she was constantly complaining (love ya Criticcc :D). And the fact that I have friends that always make me smile and laugh till I can't breathe anymore GMH.

6/1/2011 #86
deleteddecember2014

There's this video game called Kudos 2.

In 'Options' or summat, you're given the option to enable same-sex relationships.

That just gives me so much hope, and I don't even know why.

:]

6/1/2011 #87
kaleidoscopeflowers

Darren Criss is a Nerdfighter, and my little sis has started quoting Charlie McDonnell videos to me in regular conversation!

I'm probably way happier than I should be about these developments.

6/1/2011 #88
SharpenedPencil

I was randomly depressed one day and I told my friend and she laughed because I came to her, who happens to be one of the most sarcastic/careless people I know. Her careless laugh made me laugh at my own stupidity. Random friends who encourage you without meaning to GMH.

6/7/2011 #89
compilationerror

In 'Options' or summat, you're given the option to enable same-sex relationships.

Mass Effect. xD

I'm chronically angry in school due to a select choice of, shall we say, socially challenged brutes. I almost hit one today. But that'd get me in severe detention. Dx

6/7/2011 . Edited 6/7/2011 #90
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: storm-brain Your Sugar Sits Untouched, Kay Celestine, Aish Sheva, hecates
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member