Veritaville
we are the Veritas. By definition, the Veritas are not a cult, we are a political party dedicated to trying to make the fandom a better place. Or just chatting. Whatever strikes us.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Poll
How did you find the Veritaville forum?
1 other (please explain)
2 I was on the profile of one of the admins
3 On the forum list
4 Someone sent me here to troll
5 I was given a link by a current forum-goer
6 through fanmortals
View Poll Result. Please vote for one of the choices.
storm-brain

So, I realized that we don't have an introduction thread, and there is a dramatic increase in new people. Because I'm tired of trying to remember who's who, and because some of the newcomers seem a little... overwhelmed, they can come here to introduce themselves and see who everyone else is, who they should obey, and who they can ignore. (jk)

If you're already a regular on the forum, please post here anyway so that they will be less confused.

--------

So. storm-brain has been knocking around the PJO fandom for the last two years. If you don't know her, well, you should, seeing as this is her forum and all. She was here before, during, and after Honest101's Reign of Terror. She was here with the original Veritas- Jason, Allie, Ellen- and knows that the Good Old Days wern't as good as people like to claim they are. She herself was one of the horrid authors of that time, as anyone who read the original Years of our Titans or Wasted Wishes can attest to.

When she isn't writing, Storm is usually saying things along the lines of "I should write." She is also an obsessive photographer, and updates her flickr on a regular basis. Along those lines she also has a book cover-making thing.

Storm doesn't like romance novels, chick flicks, Mary Sues and bad writing. It's gotten to the point where she doesn't read Percy Jackson fanfic anymore unless it is already someone her alerts list. Actually she doesn't want to write fanfiction anymore either, however, she keeps writing because... well, she doesn't really know. She also doesn't like writing bios about herself.

Given any oppertunity, or even if an oppertunity is not given, she will talk your ear off about the World Cup, the Seattle Sounders, and soccer-y things in general. Because she is the moderator you must roll your eyes and pretend to humor her.

On the Verita family tree, she is engaged to Theia, ex-sister of Zoe, and adopted mother of Kal, Lion, Des, and her twins, Ave and Thorn. Her cousins are Kay, Jess and Reese, and she is rather protective of everyone on that tree, including her sister-in-law Theia, and if you go on and diss them she will ban you.

6/23/2010 . Edited 11/19/2010 #1
asimplecritic

asimplecritic Critic is a thirteen year old who lives in Delaware. (aka the most unknown state ever) She enjoys reading, talking to friends, punching friends, foruming, and watching murder mysteries. She's the one who randomly spams people's FS with questions like: Tralalalaaa! She's the person who CCs people's fics. She is the resident ghost of the Veritas/Rising/Ghost house. Critic is the girl who writes, forums, IMs friends, watches TV, and plays text twist all at the same time. She's the one that always replies to PMs. She's the one that is looking over your shoulder right now.

6/23/2010 . Edited 7/14/2010 #2
skies never so blue

Fleur Hazel: I am Cara. Cara is twelve and lives in Virginia. She loves to read, and she has a few stories. Caution: Cara can be annoying, and sometimes thing come out the wrong way. Cara get mad at trolls often, and yeah. Cara has two brothers, and an annoying little sister. Gabi adopted Cara! :D!

That is an introduction to me.

6/23/2010 #3
Karma's Inferno

So I'm being pressured into doing a biography. And I am bored.

So, the basics. My name is Karma. Or Lola. If you've been on these forums for a while, and I mean long enough to know why I was called Inferno in the first place, you may call me Inferno.

I have two brothers. My mom is expecting and the due date id December 22nd. (Baby names that start with a vowel, anyone?)

My brother plays baseball, therefore I have no life.

I read. I read a lot. I would be very happy to read good Artemis Fowl fanfiction, so suggest some to me by PM or something.

I make avatars. I will make you one if you ask nicely enough.

And now, I bid you adieu.

6/23/2010 #4
paschiel

Willful Destruction: Willful Destruction is to be addressed as Des. She is a twelve year old girl with an emotionally fucked up life. She has a tendency to yell and get pissed off if someone calls her an idiot simply because of her age. Des can handle the truth and has a habit of dissing the truth out when needed. She has very little faith in the next few generations and has a habit of thinking most people idiots upon first encounters, unless they can prove different. Des can always forgive but never forgets. She is the girl who you see in the corner reading a Harry Potter book one moment and then the next jumping around and being a social butterfly. She hates fangirls and idiots and anyone who messes with the Veritas, her sisters, and LionessAmaya (sister, bestie, and Musical Twinsie). Des is the girl who has more guy friends than girl friends and has no problem beating up guys, as she has two brothers. She is very protective of her friends and is to not be messed with. She is the co-owner of the Fork of Death and knows how to stab someone's eyes out with it. She always loves to use the threat "I will stab you with the Fork of Death until you are begging to die. Then I will light you on fire and watch you slowly burn." This girl should come with a warning label. "Caution. Caution. Danger. Step Away From the Psychotic Bitch. Caution. Caution. Danger. Step away from the Psychotic Bitch."

I believe this puts everything into perspective for you...

(I want to delete this, but also it is so funny and reminiscent of my twelve year old self, so I mean... For prosperity?)

6/23/2010 . Edited 12/27/2013 #5
LionessAmaya

LionessAmaya:

Lioness is Canadian, thirteen, and will bite your head off if you so much as mention living in an igloo. Unless you catch her at a bad time, she will generally be nice to you. Des (WillfulDestruction) is her musical twinsie and bestie. Screw with her, and she will decapitate you with The Fork of Death™. Don't ask how you decapitate someone with a fork, it isn't pretty. She has been on the forums since way back when when everyone was friendly to newbies. She has a tendency to be insecure and claim that everyone hates her every few seconds, which really annoys her when she notices how often she does it. She loves introducing herself, because it gives her the chance to talk about herself non-stop without sounding self absorbed. Which she is. If she says something along the lines of "Shut the fuck up" to you, then the chances are that a) you've crossed some serious lines and b) she will apologize later. Profusely. She loves Doctor Who and if you know who John Barrowman and David Tennant are, she will love you forever.

Erm... If you're still curious, then a list of things to know about Lioness:

1. She is an attention whore.

2. You should not be afraid to cyber slap her.

3. She is highly immature.

4. She hates it when people don't get along.

5. She bears deep contempt for any idiot still bothering to read this.

6. She loves grammar but often adapts her own standards to those of the people she's chatting with.

7. She likes making lists.

8. And talking about herself in third person.

9. Yaoi fangirl.

10. She loves making lists of exactly ten things.

/end super long intro

6/23/2010 #6
AC Thorn

*sighs* Must I do this? ...Yes? Fine.

Acacia Thorn:

Acacia Thorn goes by two names and two names only: Thorn or AC. She will not hesitate to rip your head off if you call her Acacia, and then burn said head.

Thorn does not like it when people try to get her to share her feelings, and will most likely go off on an emotional rant.

Thorn has no self-esteem, but that does not mean she is completely soft and will cave at your every command.

Thorn likes to curse. She also likes to talk in third person. ;D

Thorn has her handful of pet peeves, those being: You must always say "Okay", not "OK", "ok", or "Ok". You must know how to use proper dialogue grammar. And you can not and will not call her Acacia.

Thorn can, and will, be a bitch if you piss her off. Which means a lot, because she doesn't like to drag arguments out.

Thorn is a founder of twinsie-ness and pretty much refuses to let anyone else be twins. :P

Thorn tends to be more immature around her "family", and around others she's more...uptight. (Note: Thorn will act like a four-year-old no matter what if she's on a sugar high.) While she's still talking about immaturity - a note to "family" members: If I start acting uptight around you, it probably means I'm pissed off at you for no reason/a reason I don't want to share.

Thorn loves her "family" very much, no matter how annoying and/or bitchy they can be. This "family" consists of: two mothers, Theia and Storm, several sisters: Lioness, Des, Kal, Juliet, and her twin, Ave.

Thorn hates racial stereotypes and will murder you if you dare make one about her.

Thorn lives in a place where racial stereotypes are common and accepted, as are vulgar names for different races. So her version of "racist" and yours are very, very different. If you feel that she's being racist without meaning to because that's simply the way she was brought up, feel free to point it out.

Thorn has now decided to end this intro and go back to her normal cyber-life.

6/24/2010 . Edited 6/24/2010 #7
Auglairesa

*Sighs* Since I must...

Auglairesa/Pandaskis/Reese's Regime:

...All three of those people are me. I got bored of Pandaskis, my parents invaded Auglairesa, and now I'm Reese's Regime. Got it? :D

Me be Reese, the egoistic blonde that will chase you around with a yardstick if you disregard the English language or act just plain newb-ish. I've lately retired the yardstick, since it can get out of hand, and I'm going to wait until I'm really needed to take action. Otherwise, I'm sure my other family members can hold their own just fine. I'm part of fanfiction's favorite dysfunctional family, the Veritas/Ghosts/Risings. My immediate family includes my older sibling Kay, and my fraternal twin Jess. I'm also related to plenty of other people, but I'm far too lazy to list them all right here.

I'm one of the four founders of inbox-killing, meaning I was present on the "Have you Given Up? I Nearly Have," thread back on Honest101's forum that fateful day on March 28th, 2010. I've seen plenty of newbs come and go on the forums, and I'll make one thing very clear. I have that Jersey-girl vibe (yes, I'm from New Jersey -.-); if you get in my face, I will make your life living hell. Other than that though, I'm typically friendly long as you don't try to piss me off XD

Reese

6/24/2010 #8
Aventine Hill

Aventine Hill:

Called Ave.

Enjoys fangirling and British television but also American television. In love with the internet.

Likes history and also biology.

Overprotective of the ~internet friends.

Yeah that's about it.

6/24/2010 . Edited 2/22/2012 #9
Kap487

Kap487: Kap487 is to be addressed as Kap. He is also one of the two guys on the forum, and for some reason as of yet unknown is choosing to refer to himself in the third person. Kap is not in the Veritas family tree. Kap is unable to dedicate himself to his writing, and as such has never written a good fic. Kap, having a limited amount of time on the computer, is not on these forums as often as others.

6/24/2010 #10
ocean101

Well, I'm Ocean. I'm a smart-ass and a CCer. I love to read, write, and draw. I procrastinate alot.

6/24/2010 #11
Ariadne's Twine

Edited, because is was far outdated.

6/24/2010 . Edited 11/11/2010 #12
JessieRedbird

'Ello.

Me is Jess. The best. (They rhyme for a reason, babe ;D). I'm proudly British, mock us and our amazing accents and God help you, I'm serious about that.

I'm the bestie of Reese's Regime, a attention whore and a total softie who secretly ships well written Percabeth. Got a problem? Didn't think so.

One of the first ever Ghosts, I like to make newbs feel...newbish, but only for like, ten minutes. I'm pretty nice when you get to know me. My sisters are Kay and Reese and Ave is my little bean. I'm very overprotective of most people on this forum, especially those I regard close friends. Don't mess with me or them.

-Blows kiss-

-Jess, over and out

6/24/2010 #13
hallowedhalls

HallowedHallsOfWriting:

Main Entry: Juliet

Pronunciation: (Ju·li·et) (ˈjül-yət; ˌjü-lē-ˈet)

Function: Noun

1. a feminine name.

2. the heroine of Shakespeare's tragedy Romeo and Juliet.

3. the satellite of Uranus that is sixth in distance from the planet.

4. a medieval stronghold that is circular in plan; a keep.

5. a mercurial teenage girl who is: a reader of fanfiction, original fiction, and mangas; a writer both original works and fanfictions of original characters; also known as DeathlyHallows, by a select few only; prob'ly one of the nicer originals when it comes to newbs; a pacifist, for the most part; only tolerant of well-written romance that is of various pairings, whether it be slash, het, or femmeslash; prone to referring to herself in various persons and italics; a glomper extraordinaire who likes making up words and nicknames; a maker of banners for various fics of various people on Fireworks; the daughter of Des and sister of Critic; acclaimed older sister of Red; the owner of Kannibalista and her army of sniper!kitties; a forum-slash-Skype-addicted procrastinator extroadinaire; a puller of disappearing acts in critical moments; a rather sadistic little bitch with a taste for hard-core action and dark stories in which she likes to turns things upside-down and reversed; and a flamer - if she actually makes it to the archive without being distracted by the conversations popping up around her.

-

Footnote: A 'Juliet' is synonymous to a 'Jules' or a 'JT'. However, she does not like being referred to as such unless you have permission (and those of you who do, you know who you are). Newbs are asked politely to call her Juliet unless she tells you otherwise.

6/24/2010 . Edited 10/27/2010 #14
Infinity Blues

Luna is just a girl trying to figure out her life. She invites to to tag along in the ride.

6/24/2010 . Edited 8/22/2010 #15
pineconeface711

I'm Bii, but I'm not a pest (geddit?). Or at least I try.

Sometimes.

6/24/2010 . Edited 5/21/2011 #16
Auglairesa

Jess- "An attention whore who is really a total softie and secretly ships well-written Percabeth"? :D Aw, I love you too, hun *glomps*

6/24/2010 #17
LionessAmaya

Oh yes: Lioness loathes homophobia with a passion she normally reserves for Hitler and those who murder or molest children. She is bisexual and proud of it. She will get angry if you use the term gay as stupid and probably scream at you if you mention the word "fag(got)". She will also be often found FMLing about her never-ending crush on one of her best friends.

6/24/2010 #18
Aventine Hill

Dearest big sister, just be happy you have a chance of ever having a romantic future. I do not.

6/24/2010 #19
LionessAmaya

-hugs little sister- I haven't managed to find one good guy (or girl) despite dating numerous times. You're not missing out on anything.

6/24/2010 #20
Aventine Hill

*huggles sister back* That's good to know. I'll just end up living at home with Mummy Storm and Mummy Theia for forever. Maybe I'll bother moving out...But why bother? They take good care of me.

6/24/2010 . Edited 6/24/2010 #21
storm-brain

Guys. No talking on this thread, k?

6/24/2010 #22
Cascading Rainbows

Time.Of.Our.Lives: TOOL is a California girl who has a like for popcorn. TOOL is usually nice and will get miffed if you call her a newb. TOOL may be called Joyce as well. TOOL gets mad at trolls that worm into forum threads. TOOL is a Zygogian.

TOOL is tired of using third-person, so she says good-bye.

6/24/2010 #23
Aish Sheva

Aish Sheva is a mostly retired flamer from pretty far back. She will wax nostalgic if you make her.

But please don't.

6/25/2010 #24
Lord Jace

Yuul: Just call me Yuul. I'm in college, and love reading fanfiction as one of my favorite time-wasters.

6/25/2010 #25
Kay Celestine

Welcome TOOL and Yuul :D

6/25/2010 #26
OceanMuse

I'm already a regular. My sis, Fishpony, doesn't really mention me much though.

GOD BE AT ZOE'S SIDE!

6/26/2010 #27
JessieRedbird

Jess- "An attention whore who is really a total softie and secretly ships well-written Percabeth"? :D Aw, I love you too, hun *glomps*

Reese...I meant that I'm an attention whore who is really a total softie and secretly ships well-written Percabeth...0.0 -scratches head- Eh, maybe I phrased that wrong...

(If the twin wars were still happening lets say that that would have allowed Ave and Thorn to kick our buts all the way to Pluto. And Pluto is pretty far away.)

6/27/2010 . Edited 6/27/2010 #28
SilverCyanide

Well I might as well, so...

SilverCyanide, previously KiriharaAkaya, known as Gabi in IRL. Lives in Illinois. Needs to remember that PJO is not her main fandom, since she's an anime/manga girl at heart and has people begging for her to go back. Adores Harry Potter. Also adores Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness. And Ravenclaws, mainly Than's Ravenclaws. And other stuff.

Has been giving CC for years now. Knew those in the Flamer Revolution (if we're going to call it that) for both the first wave (General Iroh and co.--hit anime and manga the hardest) and the second (Flame Rising and such). Feels old because she's been on this site for ages.

Any other information can probably be found on her profile. Because it's obnoxiously long. And she likes it that way.

6/27/2010 #29
The Evil Sniff

Emokid45

Is to be called Draco

And he is not a very huggable, glompable, or hugglyble person

Is random at times and depressing at times

Can be stupid and loud or cool and quiet

It all depends on his mood

Is KayCelestine's and Frankies only child and the only guy in the Ghost family

Will hurt you if you diss the following: Saito Hajime, Severus Snape, Azula, Hades, or anything he's obsessed with

Is known for holding long term grudges

6/27/2010 . Edited 6/27/2010 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: storm-brain Your Sugar Sits Untouched, Kay Celestine, Aish Sheva, queenly
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member