Veritaville
we are the Veritas. By definition, the Veritas are not a cult, we are a political party dedicated to trying to make the fandom a better place. Or just chatting. Whatever strikes us.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »
Poll
How did you find the Veritaville forum?
1 other (please explain)
2 On the forum list
3 I was on the profile of one of the admins
4 I was given a link by a current forum-goer
5 Someone sent me here to troll
6 through fanmortals
View Poll Result. Please vote for one of the choices.
hp-not harry potter

HP is NEVER to be associated with Harry-Potter, HP was here first. He writes from time to time, especially in a monthly prompt. He was a reader before s writer, an obsessive human being who begins being obsessive over everything he starts doing. He does not flame in curses but rather in 'polite' words. He is tired of uninteresting and unoriginal writing done usually by new-comers, and the only things he does read are fics that he had already put on alert and favorite list, and books he admires from the same authors over and over again: King, Grisham, Snicket/Handler, Colfer, Delaney, Funke, Jacq, Lukyanenko, Nelson, Riordan, Rolling, Steward & Riddle... and many more he cannot remember. If you are wondering whether he had listed those authors to show off how much he reads, you are half right since it was also to emphasize he has no life. Some things he will not tolerate are insults to the gay/bi/striaght/trans community, insults to dogs (a born dog lover), any mention of the movie: A Fish Called Wanda (which will result in a heartless cruel slaughter with slow death)(Childhood Trauma) and any talk about the middle eastern conflict since although he usually denies it, he is rather patriotic to his country and will not let people call Israel the new Nazis (He Will start a mindless rant about how Israel is the side people should be sorry for, and how right Israel is; he is correct; listen to him). It will be rather dumb to anger him since he himself considers himself very insane and mentally unstable. Thank you for a chance to introduce himself, Hp

Ps: He does indeed have multiple personality issues, even if he does deny so with a passion. (WE DO NOT!!!)

6/28/2010 #31
willful dest

Er, okay. Nice to meet you, HP. I am Des.

6/28/2010 #32
skies never so blue

Uh, hi HP. I'm Cara.

6/28/2010 #33
SilverCyanide

Soooo, I'mma call you Harry Potter. Nice to meet you.

(If it helps, it's not just 'cause you said not to. It's 'cause, uh... I give everyone HP-related nicknames. Like Narcissa and Delacour~)

6/28/2010 #34
hp-not harry potter

To all those who said hi, thanks, although I did notice some hesitation in the writing. I was just joking about being crazy you know. Also, really big fan of most of you here, those I've read the stories of that is.

6/28/2010 #35
willful dest

Sorry if I sounded rude, HP. You should adopt our avatar. =]

6/28/2010 #36
hp-not harry potter

's OK. You mean your avatar? Who are "our"? And as much as like Zoe's writing if that is what the avatar implies, I will remain truly only to an avatar with the words Veritas on it.

Also didn't mean to sound rude if I did when using Italics.

6/28/2010 . Edited 6/28/2010 #37
hp-not harry potter

Also as much as appreciate Zoe's writing, I like Storm's style just a tad more. ;)

6/28/2010 #38
storm-brain

I think she means the Verita avatar. There are a bunch of them posted on fanmortals.

6/28/2010 #39
hp-not harry potter

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Forgot to ask, where on the site can I find it?

6/28/2010 . Edited 6/28/2010 #40
hp-not harry potter

I am dumb; just found it.

6/28/2010 #41
skies never so blue

Please try not to double post? Thanks. :)

6/28/2010 #42
hp-not harry potter

But since I know nothing of computers, how do I make it my avatar?

6/28/2010 #43
hp-not harry potter

Fleur, It is not double posting: I keep forgetting about the edit button.

6/28/2010 #44
skies never so blue

You right-click, press Save As... and then go log in. Click the Avatars button under account and upload it.

ed: Yes, it is double posting. GO to the little button beside reply, click, and you'll see the dit button, okay?

6/28/2010 . Edited 6/28/2010 #45
willful dest

We discourage double posting. Sorry. Click the little wheel by the reply button and then click the 'Edit' option. Thanks. XD

^-^

6/28/2010 #46
Thursday 13

Hello, my name would be Thursday 13, but you can call me Tday, 13, Thursday, Thurs, or whatever else you may wish.

I am most of the time reading or drawing, but that doesn't mean I don't like writing. I am known for claiming to write something, then abandoning it and writing something different.

If you want to talk Greek Mythology, you came to the right girl. In fact, that's all I really talk about. If not talking about I will most often throw in a reference somewhere. That's all I have to say.

-Thurs

6/28/2010 #47
Cereal-Killa

Hi!

So, I'm a considerably regular on Fanfiction, newbie to this forum. Loved the Percy Jackson novels and I'm looking foward to writing a story maybe... SO yup, that's me!

So it's cool to be here! :D

6/28/2010 #48
willful dest

Oh, cool. Love the name, Cereal! I am Des.

Come on over to Ghost Town and talk to us. =]

6/28/2010 #49
Xed Alpha

This one had best throw his name in too... He's one of the Veritaville Strays, has only been in PJO fandom since the start of this year and been familiar with the Veritas even less. The sort to chill in a room and idly observe the conversation and comment when appropriater rather than struggle for something to say. Is the fellow stray to Shrrgnien, known for excessively long chapters and not the best grammatical skill, which he's humbly learning from. Also a fan of the Artemis Fowl books and looking forward to the upcoming one and also the upcoming Camp Half-blood books this autumn.

*skulks away into the shadows*

Yeah... Guess thats kind of him.

umm... was it really neccesary to refer to myself in the third person?

7/1/2010 . Edited 7/1/2010 #50
willful dest

Yay! New people! Nice to meet you all. =]

7/1/2010 #51
randomgenius

Posted first a year ago, and I don't think that did justice to my amazing personality (it's called sarcasm/snark), seeing as I was only on for about a month in the interim... and never on here :(

NOTE: I didn't name myself randomgenius because I'm a random genius, so don't go there.

Anyways, I'm an ADD book nerd who can swing from bubbling happily about penguins to searing you with the large-vocabularied fireballs of scorn (which usually doesn't happen that often), so please don't make stupid comments. I try to ignore it but... meh.

I'm above all else an HP nerd, and don't like it when people hate the series without reading it. Whenever I hate a series, vocally, I always read it first to lend credence to my hatred. I mean, it's perfectly logical! So, if I hear you doing that- well, see above. I've written a bunch of oneshots (usually around 400, 500 words), and two ongoing (both PJO). I'm mainly a reviewer, so maybe one of you will see me :)

*Looks back* Gee. This is much too angry. Hmm...

Oh!

I love penguins (they're just so awkward!). I will refer to them if at loss for a noun, so be prepared. I'm one of those normally-an-introvert that is crazy chatty online, so you might be seeing more of me.

Ok! Well, that's it. I just didn't feel like leaving my incredibly outdated status up, as it could possibly destroy my oh-so beautiful (non-existent) reputation. That would be just awful.

7/3/2010 . Edited 3/24/2012 #52
Little Miss Hades

Okay. I feel like doing this..

My name is Julia. Well, it's my middle name, but my name's....complicated. I live in Asia, and am a proud asian. I was born in the U.S. I found fanfiction one day when I was surfing the internet and was bored. The first AMAZING fanfic I read was Silver Sycthe, by Storm-Brain.

THE END!!!

7/3/2010 #53
Through the Silence She Sings

Look, we didnt mean to scare you off, Squishy. Storm wont use a whip. Probably. Please dont leave me akone here to die! -cue dramatic effects-

7/4/2010 #54
Hana Ora

Hello All,

My name is Hana Ora, but you can call me Hana. My lil sis, Ashes, (in all actuality, not on the tree) has been begging me to get a fanfic for ages. I finally caved and set one up as a present to her. I can't say that I'll be posting as much as her, and I actually prefer Harry Potter, but PJO is a very close second, but i'll try to write a little here and there. By the way, you can thank me for getting my sister interested in PJO, Before I started reading the books a few years back, I don't think she had even heard of Rick Riordan. I'm a pretty average girl. I love all types of art, music, acting and writing, but most of all READING!

7/4/2010 #55
Georgasaurus

Ohai. I am Georgasaurus, but you can all call me George...or God. Take your pick. I am curious of this place.

7/4/2010 #56
Ten ways to spoil dinner

I'm Ten. I came here a while ago, during that big... thing... that happened. And I stayed neutral. And there was arguing.

T'was fun when the fighting finally subsided.

7/4/2010 #57
willful dest

Hello Ten. You made Rachel sad, I believe, when you left. =]

Hello George person who I refuse to call God. I haven't met you before. I am Des or Destruct or...Nah. Just either of those two will suffice. =]

7/4/2010 #58
Ariadne's Twine

Gah, Des! Stop talking on this thread. No talking, 'member?

ed: And it did not make me sad!

7/4/2010 . Edited 7/4/2010 #59
petrochem

Hello. I am Peter. Can we get along? :P

7/6/2010 . Edited 8/9/2011 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: storm-brain Your Sugar Sits Untouched, Kay Celestine, Aish Sheva, hecates
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member