Veritaville
we are the Veritas. By definition, the Veritas are not a cult, we are a political party dedicated to trying to make the fandom a better place. Or just chatting. Whatever strikes us.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
Ariadne's Twine

My DRAMA teacher showed me this... You say a little bit of a story, then live it to the free will of the next participant. That person continues the story however they want, then passes it on again (usually you're supposed to call on somebody, but I don't know how that'll work here...)

Oh, and write at least a paragrah, okay? And, when we're done, I wanna post it as a story ^_^. AND NO COMMENTING! Please?

I SHALL BEGIN:

---

The clouds in the night sky looked menacing... Deadly, even. It definitely set a dreary mood for what they were about to do. Nico looked up at the overcast sky, feeling a since of dread overcome him. He couldn't believe they were about to do this. He looked at Percy, Annabeth, and Thalia. They each looked as grim about the situation as he felt. But, this was they only way. They didn't have any other choice.

6/28/2010 . Edited 11/20/2010 #1
storm-brain

"Well," Thalia said- and Nico was sure he was imagining the tremor in her voice. After all, Thalia didn't get scared. "Let's go."

Still, no one moved for a moment. Waves crashed below them.

"Come on." Thalia finally marched forward, lieutenant band glowing in the fading light. Gulping, Nico followed.

6/28/2010 #2
Aventine Hill

Because today was the day. The day. The day they would finally have to perform the unthinkable. The day they would have to kill Chiron. It had come down to this, with no other choice left to them. After a mad bout of rabies spread by a vicious hellhound, a companion of Mrs. O'Leary, Chiron was completely insane. Killing him was all they could do. For the safety of the rest he could not survive.

6/28/2010 . Edited 6/28/2010 #3
storm-brain

Annabeth didn't move. She just stared at the beach.

"Come on," Nico said, tugging at her sleeve. "We have to do this."

She flinched back, glaring. "I'm coming."

6/28/2010 . Edited 6/28/2010 #4
Ariadne's Twine

Annabeth had the worst of it. She had grown up with Chiron. He was like her father.

Now she had to kill him.

She looked at her knife, reflecting the moonlight. The knife that had killed so many things. Luke... And now Chiron was next.

6/28/2010 #5
storm-brain

"He's two thousand years old." Nico muttered. "He's had a long full life. He's probably ready to take a break."

"Shut up, Nico." Ice cracked under Annabeth's feet as she took several large steps forward and shoved him. "Shut up!"

He balled his fists. No one should speak to him like that. Ever. Why couldn't Annabeth see what he could?!

6/28/2010 #6
Thursday 13

Nico was getting anxious, they didn't know a thing about what he was doing. They didn't know that he would run after they had killed. How long had he been waiting for this? It was his big chance, Camp Half Blood would be weak and he could strike.

6/28/2010 . Edited 6/28/2010 #7
Ariadne's Twine

But she had Percy and Thalia to think about. She couldn't just leave them. They were sticking it out, why shouldn't she? So, Nico was evil. She wasn't. Or was she? There had always been that nagging feeling at the back of her mind. Kill Percy. He's the only thing standing in our way. She shuddered, and looked at Percy, who looked like he was trying his best to refrain from crying.

6/28/2010 #8
Thursday 13

Annabeth had killed before, but this was almost heartless, She had known for a time now, but Nico had been the guilty party. He had made sure that Chiron would get the disease, now after he was dead Nico would run and join the Titans, then strke Camp Half Blood at it's weakest. Annabeth had seen him Iris messaging Luke. She didn't know why she kept silent, maybe there was a part of her that wanted to run too, run away from it all and end it all.

6/28/2010 #9
Karma's Inferno

Thalia sighed. "I don't like this." It was the simplest way to say what she had been feeling. She didn't like it; no one did. They had to do it, though. For the good of the camp, they said. Chiron would've wanted it to be done if it was for the good of the camp.

There was a sprinkling of mumbles and agreement. No one liked what they were about to do. Even Nico, whose life was rooted in death, was having second thoughts.

6/29/2010 #10
storm-brain

But he had to push those thoughts away. "Come on." He marched forward, putting his hand on his sword. Reluctantly, the others followed.

6/29/2010 #11
Karma's Inferno

The foursome marched through the bitter, whipping wind. As they nursed chilled fingers and aching feet, thoughts swirled.

Is it necessary?

Why do we have to do this?

There's got to be a cure.

Does it have to come down to murder?

I'm going to be a killer.

6/29/2010 #12
Kay Celestine

Was there really no other way?

Nico could see Annabeth struggling in her mind next to him. He was the least attached to Chiron, and it was obvious he was going to be the least affected by this. He wasn't a killer... no, he wasn't. He was doing this not only for his safety, but also for the others. If only they could see that.

He watched his friends' features closely, and he could tell. None of them wanted to do this. But, could they do it? Could they stand there and fight, and destroy someone that was so close to them; someone that had helped them so much. Maybe Percy, most likely Thalia... but Annabeth? Nico stopped for a moment. Annabeth couldn't do it. She couldn't with Luke, and definitely not with Chiron. She was the weakest. If it ever came down to her, quite frankly, they were all screwed.

6/29/2010 #13
Ariadne's Twine

Thalia looked around desperately. No, she hadn't ever really known Chiron. No, she wasn't attached to him. No, this wasn't going to alter her life completely. So, why is this so hard for her?

Even before she asked, Thalia knew the answer. Annabeth loved Chiron. Percy gave him his complete respect. Nico, she wasn't so sure about. But knowing how this was going to affect two of her friends? That was what made this so tough for her.

They all looked at each other, one more time, before stepping through the threshold of the Big House. What they saw there, they did not expect. At all.

The front room was a mess. The furniture was turned upside down, papers were scattered everywhere, but there was no sign of Chiron. They checked the other rooms on the bottom floor, to no avail.

"Oh crap." Percy muttered.

"Where is he?" Annabeth exclaimed, somewhat relieved. "This is bad. Real bad."

Nico just stared at the mess in front of him in awe. Thalia drew her sword. "Well, I guess it's hunting season."

They all turned to stare at her. She shrugged and left the Big House, the rest of the group in tow.

6/29/2010 #14
Thursday 13

"Not so fast," said a voice right behind Annabeth. She and the others turned around only to see Mr.D, glaring at them. He had that crazy fire in his eyes, the one that Annabeth knew you only saw when gods where furious. But Mr.D wasn't looking at her, no, the glare was meant only for Nico.

6/30/2010 #15
Karma's Inferno

Nico stood up straight, trying to look proud and powerful, but Annabeth could see the tremble in his shoulders.

Mr. D. snarled. "You think I don't see it? You couldn't make it any more obvious, Death Boy."

"I-i don't know what you're talking about." There was a quiver in the boy's voice.

"You will be punished." Mr. D. hissed.

Nico was about to reply with something clever, witty almost, when Percy threw himself in front of the boy.

6/30/2010 #16
storm-brain

Just as he did so, an explotion rocked the building. Automatically, Nico dropped, as the repeated earthquake training in one of his schools had taught him, and rolled under a table.

Or maybe it wasn't the explotion that was so loud but Percy's scream.

He stared at the underside of the table above him. Percy wasn't strong, like Thalia, but he wasn't a screamer either. Heart climbing into his throat, he made himself look over to where his friend was.

Had been.

The screams were becoming less and less human, as was Percy's general physique. His kicking legs fused together, grew flippers, his nose....

"No!" Annabeth darted out from behind a sofa, throwing her knife at Mr. D, who casually flicked it away. Thalia drew her bow, just as the light died.

A bottlenose dolphin was lying on the floor, slapping his tail indignantly. Either it remembered who he had been and was protesting this new form, or was just a dolphin out of water.

"Take that, Nick de Antonio." Mr. D gloated. "how do you like water?"

Nico gulped, forcing himself to stand, though his legs were trembling. "I'm okay with it, sir."

Mr. D spun, and his eyes darted from Nico to the Dolphin to Nico again. "Oops."

6/30/2010 . Edited 6/30/2010 #17
Ariadne's Twine

The ground shook, lightning flashed, and rain started to pour from everywhere. "DIONYSUS!" Everyone covered their eyes as a great flash covered their entire spectrum. When they opened their eyes, they saw what everybody feared. Standing in front of them was a very angry, very tall, god of the sea.

Poseidon transformed himself into his mortal size. He strode forward, closing the distance between him and the lesser god. "Dionysus! What gives you the right!? That is my son. You had better change my son back now!"

6/30/2010 . Edited 6/30/2010 #18
storm-brain

Dionysus's sneer slipped off his face about as easily as graffiti from a wall. That is to say, not very fast. There were still traces of it when he looked at the angry god, which probably wasn't good for him.

"It was an accident. Why did your son jump infront of the Hades spawn?"

6/30/2010 #19
Ariadne's Twine

Poseidon rubbed his brow. "Maybe because he's loyal? Di Angelo is a good kid, Dionysus. Maybe you can learn a few things from him."

Dionysus' sneer returned. "Good kid? Have you met him? Maybe I can tell you a thing or two about him. Like how--"

"What the hell is wrong with you two?" Annabeth screamed, then realized her mistake. "I- I'm so sorry. It's just, Percy's a dolphin right now. Can you please continue your conversation later?"

The gods seemed to remember that they had an audience. "Just fix my kid and we'll continue this conversation on Olympus." Poseidon said, then disappeared with a flash of light.

6/30/2010 . Edited 6/30/2010 #20
Aventine Hill

Meanwhile rabid Chiron was loose upon the world. He had not left camp as they might of thought; he was still on the grounds, hiding in the woods near Zeus's Fist. Somehow he had maintained some form of sanity whilst struggling from the disease, although that was not to say he was not bonkers. Rabid Chiron had instead resorted to a childlike frame of mind and was currently deciding he wanted a puppy, although he was not sure how to get it. He contemplated how exactly to obtain that puppy as he pretended to be The Godfather and stroked a rock as if it was a cat.

6/30/2010 #21
Thursday 13

Not even a few feet away, a tall man stood watching. He was about seven feet at least, and despite the weather he was dressed in a silk tuxedo. The man had been watching the centaur for some time now, he had decided, this would be the perfect time to strike.

"Why hello there," He said, now in clear view as the Chiron stopped petting the rock and turned to face him.

6/30/2010 #22
Thursday 13

Not even a few feet away, a tall man stood watching. He was about seven feet at least, and despite the weather he was dressed in a silk tuxedo. The man had been watching the centaur for some time now, he had decided, this would be the perfect time to strike.

"Why hello there," He said, now in clear view as the Chiron stopped petting the rock and turned to face him.

6/30/2010 #23
Ariadne's Twine

Percy ran the distance between him and Nico. When he caught up with him, he grabbed his shoulder. Nico turned around in a defensive position, before he saw it was just Percy.

"Percy," he growled. "You know not to sneak up on me like that." he finished, in a voice sounding much older than his usual.

"Nico... Are you okay? You sound funny..." Percy said.

Nico shook his head. "Yeah, I'm fine." he said, voice back to normal. "Just a bit worried, y'know?"

Percy sighed. "Yeah. I don't wanna do this either."

"Will you guys shut up?" Thalia said. "If we don't focus, we're never gonna get this done! And this, sadly, has to be done."

"Yeah," Nico said. "Sorry, Thalia. You're right."

Thalia, feeling a bit better about the situation, said, "Aren't I always?"

Annabeth rolled her eyes and continued to glare at Nico with disgust. How dare he pretend to not be a traitor? She laughed drily to herself before picking up her pace and walking into the night with her 'friends.'

7/5/2010 #24
Thursday 13

The moon had now been blocked by a cloud, and the darkness of night was at its worst. Annabeth could barely see what was infront of her, and so it wasn't much of a surprise when stripped and fell. After a few years of war, it felt like nothing, but the sticky liquid that she fell in, made Annabeth's heart skip a beat.

She knew what it was, and she scrambled to get up. Then she saw it, the body from which the blood came from. Even in the darkness, she could tell it was the body of her friend Travis Stoll, laying right in the middle of trail, under a cover of darkness.

She tried to call for the others, who she had gotten in front of, but Annabeth found she had no voice. She could only stare in mute horror at the body of her friend.

7/14/2010 #25
Karma's Inferno

Nico massaged his temples. "This damn buzzing is giving me a headache. Someone's dead. They're being ferried to the Underworld. Now he's being judged."

Everyone listened to the words of the death child as he muttered.

"And he's... he'r going to try for the Isles. He - Travis!" Nico was breathing hard. "Travis... is... dead."

At that time, Annabeth found her voice and screamed. He blacked out.

7/16/2010 #26
Thursday 13

"Chiron," Thalia whispered, Chiron had killed Travis. That means that he had been through Camp, how many more...

Another scream broke through the silence of the night, except this one wasn't from Annabeth.

7/16/2010 #27
Infinity Blues

Posting on the oldest thread I can. :D

Thalia turned to the Camp, turned to the camp to hear the screams of what her mind told him cold only be... Clarisse. She lost all doubt of killing him. She was going to kill him. There was no way she couldnt. Not when he had helped do this to all her friends. She felt no emotion anymore, only the fierce pound of bloodlust.

9/7/2010 . Edited 9/7/2010 #28
Blue Truth

She clicked open her shield and drew her spear. She ran for her life, toward him. Nothing else was in her mind. She heard only two words in her head, echoing around. Kill him. Kill him Kill him.

She arrived at the scene, fear beginning to join the pounding of adrenaline that ran through her veins. "Lets do this," She whispered. Then, before she could tell herself otherwise, she attacked.

9/9/2010 #29
the wise and the brave

Her spear was inches away from Chiron's furry pelt. Chiron was inches away from death.

Inches away, but still not dead.

Yet.

Thalia closed her eyes and thrust down the spear.

But at the last moment, she hesitated.

It wasn't Chiron's fault that he became insane.

Artemis's voice filled her head.

Do not kill innocents. For the moment you do, you lose your innocent.

After a few tense moments, Thalia knew what she had to do.

It was the only way.

10/12/2010 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: storm-brain Your Sugar Sits Untouched, Kay Celestine, Aish Sheva, hecates
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member