Veritaville
we are the Veritas. By definition, the Veritas are not a cult, we are a political party dedicated to trying to make the fandom a better place. Or just chatting. Whatever strikes us.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
AC Thorn

So. Like some of us here, *coughcough*Des*coughcough*, I have been stealing ideas from another forum. :) Except, this idea is more writing-oriented than just...talking-oriented. Yeah. Something like that...-is awkward-

But, this is where we can either give out challenges or participate in them. Since I feel a bit uptight today, I will take the time to create a form you guys have to fill out to make your own challenge. And then, to participate...well, just say "I'll do ___________'s challenge," or something, and then edit in the link of the fic when you're done. (Yes, you can take part in your own challenge. Feel special.)

AND - if the challenge is Open, which means it has no deadline, then another person can start a challenge while that one is going on. If there is a challenge with a deadline going on, no other challenges can be created. Does that make sense?

So, without further ado, here's the form:

Title Of Challenge: -insert title-

Word Limit: -insert word limit-

Rating Limit: (Like, whether it can be K-T or K-M)

Description Of Challenge: (What you want the people to do, different ways to approach the challenge, et cetera.)

Bonuses, if any: -insert special stuff people can do if they really want to-

Deadline: (Either Open or due by a certain date)

**If you are a contestant in your own competition, you must have a separate post for your entry and the challenge you've created. Therefore some might see double-posting. I'd appreciate it if people didn't freak over that. ;)**

7/1/2010 . Edited by storm-brain, 11/22/2010 #1
Ariadne's Twine

Title of Challenge: The Great Suethor Challenge.

Word Limit: 750, at most.

Rating Limit: Hey, this is a Suethor challenge. All bets are off. (K-M)

Description of Challenge: Release your inner Suethor. Go all out, make cliche Percabeth, OOC characters galore, Mary Sues, OCs in love with Nico. Oh, and don't forget the crack!pairings. This is your inner fan!girl's time to shine! Release all abandon, and keeping your good friends Grammar and Spelling are up to you.

Bonuss: A bunch of announced, or unannounced Author's Notes.

Deadline: Open (no deadline.)

7/1/2010 . Edited 7/1/2010 #2
Karma's Inferno

Title Of Challenge: Original Cliche

Word Limit: Ah. Whatever.

Rating Limit: K-T

Description Of Challenge: This challenge is to take an otherwise cliche idea (Child of Poseidon, Camp Dance, Mary Sue on a quest) and put a twist on it. Make it less cliche, and more original.

Bonuses, if any: Nothing really...

Deadline: No deadline...

**I'd really like to see your entry!**

7/1/2010 . Edited 7/5/2010 #3
AC Thorn

Title: (-has no ideas-) Weekly Oneshots? Yeah. I have nothing.

Word Limit: *see description*

Rating Limit: K-T, por favor.

Description: Okay. So, the thing is to take a week, any week, it's up to you - but you have to make it before the deadline - and write a set of oneshots, not drabbles, oneshots, with the following prompts:

Fight

Animal

Rain

Dark

Glass

Small

Flames

They can be in any order, but it has to be completed within a week. These are oneshots, so the word limit for each is...900+ words. Got it? Good.

Bonus: Well, it is me, so - the bonus is having at least one crack!pairing. :)

Deadline: November 31, 2010

7/1/2010 . Edited 7/1/2010 #4
Infinity Blues

Title Of Challenge: Are you human?

Word Limit: 5,000 words to a chapter limit.

Rating Limit: K-T

Description Of Challenge: Purposely spell your email/password wrong on fanfic, to receive two words asking if you are human. These two words must be the title of the fic, the fic revolving around it.

Bonuses, if any: No bonuses

Deadline: Open

7/1/2010 #5
hallowedhalls

Title Of Challenge: Snapshots

Word Limit: 1,000 words is minimum

Rating Limit: K to M

Description Of Challenge: Write a drabble series/series of drabbles about freeze-frames in time - an unknown moment of a character's life.

Bonuses, if any: Minor characters only, please - give them another facet, another depth. Extra points for being a generally disliked one.

Deadline: Open until December 31, 2010

7/1/2010 #6
AC Thorn

I have made up my mind. I will take part in my challenge, Luna's challenge, and Juliet's. I'll post all the links later.

7/1/2010 . Edited 7/1/2010 #7
paschiel

I will participate in Karma's challenge. I will post the link once I am done with it.

7/1/2010 #8
paschiel

Title of Challenge: iPod Shuffle

Word Limit: Nonexistent

Rating Limit: K-M

Description of Challenge: Put your iPod on shuffle and write a fic about the first song that comes on. You have to name you fic the title of the song. It would be best if the song and fic went together to some extent. Er, not much else...

Bonuses, if any: Minor characters would be rather fun to read about but not necessary, just preferable.

Deadline: August 1, 2010

7/1/2010 #9
Kay Celestine

I'm doing something similar to that, but for another fandom. I can't wait to finish off my PJO stories and finally get the hell out.

7/1/2010 . Edited 7/1/2010 #10
Ariadne's Twine

I'll do Luna's and Des'.

7/1/2010 #11
Infinity Blues

I'm doing Des' and Karmas.

7/2/2010 . Edited 7/4/2010 #12
hallowedhalls

Title Of Challenge: Epic Fails

Rating Limit: T to M

Description Of Challenge: Write an ironic story - oneshot or multichaptered - about times that much is held at stake and the hero fails. Tragic/Angsty humor is a must.

Bonuses, if any: Original characters, please. Minor ones too, I guess.

Deadline: Open

7/8/2010 #13
Aventine Hill

Title Of Challenge: The Anti-OC Challenge (Because OCs are just so overated)

Word Limit: Over 2,000

Description Of Challenge: Write a story using absolutely no original characters. As in, every single person mentioned in the story must be a character that appears in the books. Even, say, the pizza man, must be a character from the story, not made up by you. The story must have an actual plot as well.

Bonuses, if any: Writing a multi-chapter fic following the rules of the challenge.

Deadline: December 21, 2012 (because I could)

7/14/2010 #14
SilverCyanide

Ah, whatevs. Lots of challenges will be in here. Do note, these aren't mine. They've been saved in a Word document for a few years and were originally taken from The Fireplace.

--

Title Of Challenge: No Prepositions

Word Limit: 100

Rating Limit: K-M; If not site posting, K through NC-17.

Description Of Challenge: Write a story of a hundred words or less with absolutely no prepositions in it.

Bonuses, if any: None.

Deadline: None.

--

Title Of Challenge: No 'to be' Verbs

Rating Limit: K-M; If not site posting, K through NC-17.

Description Of Challenge: No "to-be" verbs (any forms of the verb "be", including am, is, are, was, were, be, being, been). Write a 100 words or less with no "to-be" verbs, either as a quality-of-existing verb (She was pretty) or as a helping verb (She was eating tacos).

--

Title of Challenge: Line Inclusion

Rating Limit: K-M; If not site posted, K through NC-17

Description of Challenge: Write a story of a hundred words or less which includes the line "Snow is falling silence and deep this winter afternoon." The line must be the first and last lines of the story.

--

Title of Challenge: ABC Challenge--starting with M.

Rating: K-M if site posted; If not site posted, K through NC-17.

Description of Challenge: Each line in the fic must being with a sequential letter of the alphabet, beginning with M. Meaning: Line one begins with M, line two with N, and so on.

Bonuses, if any: Manage to get all the way back to M.

7/14/2010 #15
Thursday 13

Title Of Challenge: Fallen Idols

Rating Limit: T to M

Description Of Challenge: Write a story about how one character makes a mistake he/she can never fix.

Bonuses, if any: None

Deadline: None

7/14/2010 . Edited 7/21/2010 #16
asimplecritic

What do you do if you do someone's challenge but you don't want to post it?

7/15/2010 #17
paschiel

Title of the Challenge: New Shoes

Word Limit: 1,500

Rating Limit: I have no preference. So, K - M

Description of Challenge: You often here people say, "You'll never understand another person until you've walked a day in his or her shoes." Choose a fictional character and walk a day in his or her shoes. Now write about it.

Bonuses, if any: No OCs allowed, thanks. Deadline: August First 7/15/2010 #18
Thursday 13

asimplecritic- You can send it in a PM, I think.

7/15/2010 #19
paschiel

Critic- If you don't post it then it isn't completed, I guess, because we can't, you know, read it...

7/15/2010 #20
SilverCyanide

If you don't want to site post it, I imagine you can always LJ post or do it on another blog source. *nodnod*

7/15/2010 #21
Karma's Inferno

Hey Thursday, I think I have a sstory that fits your challenge! If you're interested, you can check out Fallen Idol.

7/16/2010 #22
Thursday 13

Thank you, Karma! There is hope for the fandom yet!

7/16/2010 #23
dreamcatcher96

Title Of Challenge: The sun god never gets any credit

Word Limit: none

Rating Limit: k-t

Description Of Challenge: Write a well written fic about Apollo or his half-blood children. May not include Apollo loving Artemis in more than a brother - sister kind of way.

Bonuses, if any: Include Haikus (extra bonus : a decent haiku)

Deadline: post by September first

7/20/2010 #24
LionessAmaya

Title of the Challenge: Ten Sentences

Word Limit: None

Rating Limit: K-M, but bonus for hard T or M

Description of Challenge: Write a ten-sentence fic, no run-ons. Obviously drabble-ish.

ex:

They were only eighteen.

"I love you," she said.

He looked at her wordlessly, turned away.

"Please..."

He pressed the money into her hand. She stiffened with revulsion.

"I won't."

He finally spoke, the quiet words bitter poison.

"What else will you do, keep it?"

They were only eighteen.

Bonuses, if any: Slash gets an A+

Deadline: January 1st, 2011

7/21/2010 #25
hallowedhalls

Title of the Challenge: Quotes

Word Limit: None

Description of Challenge: Choose a quote, or come up with one. Write a story around it.

Bonuses, if any: A shift between dream and reality. Preferably real-life based, because I'm feeling nostalgic.

Deadline: None

8/1/2010 #26
Fishpony

I'm going to take the Original Cliche challenge and combine it with my Quintuple Game idea and the plot bunny I adopted.

Killing three birds with one stone.

8/2/2010 #27
Karma's Inferno

Three? Wow.

8/2/2010 #28
Fishpony

I'm such an overachiever.

8/2/2010 #29
Karma's Inferno

LoL. What's the QG idea?

8/2/2010 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: storm-brain Your Sugar Sits Untouched, Kay Celestine, Aish Sheva, queenly
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member