Veritaville
we are the Veritas. By definition, the Veritas are not a cult, we are a political party dedicated to trying to make the fandom a better place. Or just chatting. Whatever strikes us.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
paschiel

Simple. State the title and name of whatever book you're reading. Maybe say what you think of it so far. Give recommendations.

I am going to say that discussion (should) be allowed but try keeping it primarily about books.

Thanks,

Desmia

9/15/2010 . Edited by storm-brain, 11/19/2010 #1
asimplecritic

Change of Heart by Jodi Piccoult.

Seems pretty interesting so far, some parts remind of the Green Mile though.

9/15/2010 #2
The Midnight Doe

Dreamland by Sarah Dessen.

Anything by her is good :)

9/15/2010 #3
Aventine Hill

In the Path of Falling Objects, by Andrew Smith.

It's decent-ish. Not the best so far. And kind of morbid. As in, the guy ran over a coyote for the hell of it and then cut off its tail with a nail file. It does not make the animal lover in me so happy.

9/15/2010 #4
Infinity Blues

The Fold

Its really good. So a girls aunt wins the lottery, and offers to pay for plastic surgery for her niece. The whole book is her debating whether she should take up the offer.

9/15/2010 #5
Fishpony

I'm rereading Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins.

The third book in the Hunger Games Trilogy. Some people were disappointed with it but I'm mostly happy with the way everything concluded.

God I love Finnick.

9/15/2010 #6
Aanaleigh

Extras by Scott Westerfeld

and

Flyte by Angie Sage

I've read the first one before, I'm just rereading. A great series in my opinion. THe second one is teh seconf in the Septimus Heap series, and I love it so far.

9/15/2010 #7
Lightfall

I'm reading The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak. It's really good.

9/15/2010 #8
Musafreen

Thud! by Terry Pratchett. Funny as hell and made me go all teary-eyed a couple of times.

9/15/2010 #9
Jessavi

The Art of War by Sun Tzu. Not a book to read for pleasure, per se, but it's certainly informative when you want to learn how to take down an enemy or win a battle of any sort. Written by an ancient Chinese general, it has pretty relevant advice that you can apply to just any battle you might encounter.

9/16/2010 #10
paschiel

I JUST finished The Total Tragedy of a Girl Named Hamlet by Erin Dionne and I have to say that I absolutely loved it. Is a really quick read for me (About four hours read over the space of two days.) but it was totally worth it.

Check it out. XD

I am now onto Dragon Slippers by someone-who's-name-I-forgot... *fails* Another one that is way, way below my ZPD range but whatever. ^^;;

9/16/2010 #11
the wise and the brave

The Secrets Of The Immortal Nicholas Flamel: The Necromance - My vertict? I loved it. True, I have read better books in my lifetime but...this was epic. A perfect blend of all kinds of mythology and some historical figures. This one of those got to read books.

9/18/2010 #12
Aanaleigh

I am now reading Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare, and Phyik by Angie Sage.

Clockwork Angel is a really good book, it takes place in the past in the 1800s which just puts a different angle to it. It is a prequel to City of Bones.

9/20/2010 #13
Athena's.Wise.Girl

I'm in the middle of Mocking Jay, the third and final book in the Hunger Games trilogy by Susanne Collins.

It's the shit, gais. Read it immediantly. I'm not kidding.

It blew my mind in every single aspect, and I'm in official fangirl love with Peeta (is shameful). Too bad the fandoms so screwed up... good luck, Cez! Lol

9/20/2010 #14
The Midnight Doe

Just finished Dreamland. I think that it's worth reading. Super short, easy read, but I loved it.

Off to start Avalon High by Meg Cabot. It's a movie, so it has to be good...right? :P

9/20/2010 #15
paschiel

I am reading Fallen by Lauren Kate. It doesn't seem very promising and on first account I swear it was written by P.C. Cast and I went flipping mad (I hate P.C. Cast, for those of you who don't know). Anyway, it seems very... fangirlish but not. I dunno. I'll give a better review of it later. ^^

I also recently finished Dragon Slippers which was a really cute story that I would probably read again. =]

9/20/2010 #16
Lieutenant Of Artemis

Just finished The Watsons Go To Birmingham-1963 and is definitely recommended. A mix of American history and plenty of humor. Read it.

Currently reading Nobody's Princess and loving it so far. Associated with myths and how Helen of Sparta is different from her sister and grew up into Helen of Troy.

9/21/2010 #17
JessieRedbird

I just finished Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan. It didn't dissapoint, but the overuse of exclamation marks and caps lock did pain my eyes a little bit. But the plotline is pretty awesomesauce, I've never read anything like it. If you're looking for a good teen romance, this is the book :)

9/21/2010 #18
Fishpony

Pet Sematary by Stephen King

I'm on page thirty at the most and it's already creepy. Heck, the prologue was creepy. You have to give the guy props for being able to scare me. I laughed during Scream.

9/21/2010 #19
The Midnight Doe

Currently reading Rhymes with Witches. Only two pages into it...

And I'd recommend both of books Alexis mentioned:D They're awesome.

9/21/2010 #20
elisabeth sladen

The Glass Menegarie. Metaphors galore.

9/21/2010 #21
skies never so blue

Re-reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

9/21/2010 #22
paschiel

I dropped Fallen. Eugh. It didn't really interest me.

Now I am reading The Dark Hills Divide by Patrick Carman for Writer's Club. So, yeah. I haven't finished much. ^^"

9/22/2010 #23
The Evil Sniff

I am reading how to cook chinese food. Becuase I get hungry when I'm alone and the only thing I'm capable of making is one brazilian dish and sandwiches.

I am rereading the Heroin Diaries by Nikki Sixx. I recommend it to all who might be wanting to look into some very scary non fiction. A good book to get a inside look into a serious drugs addict's mind and how he tried to escape it. To see the mental hell a human can pass through with just a srynge.

9/22/2010 #24
SerendipitousSerenity

(Nur Liyah enters)

I'm reading my copy of The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini, for the tenth time. Or is it the twentieth?

One word: epic. It's tragic, poetic, and really well written. Another story I'm reading is The Rainbow Troops. It's in my native language, but it's already tranlated into English. I don't know if it's sold in America or Europe, though. It's a very inspirational story about kids who struggle to receive proper education since they live on an island that is exploited by a big company. It tends to use a lot of purple prose, though, but it's justified by the beauty of it. I mean, not Stephanie Meyer's kind of purple prose. It's just... poetic. Beautiful.

9/23/2010 #25
Cascading Rainbows

I just finished "Found" by Margaret Peterson Haddix.

It's really intriguing, and the concept is so bizarre and interesting.

I *really* need to buy the sequel...

9/23/2010 #26
Lieutenant Of Artemis

I read Found a few weeks ago but dropped it when I got to the message part. Perhaps I should read it again.

Finished Nobody's Princess and is a pretty good book. It has some Greek myths twisted in it.

And now, I'm starting and almost finishing Seekers: Smoke Mountain. It's the third book in the series and pretty interesting, but it could be boring at times.

9/23/2010 . Edited 9/23/2010 #27
hhhfhfhfhfhf

I be reading the Hunger Games, so far? Epic.

9/23/2010 #28
Musafreen

Re-reading Jim Butcher's Cursor's Fury. I love how the most important, most intelligent (arguably), most badass (arguably?) character in this book does not have the superpowers every other member of his species has. This is moment of awesome.

Also, Antillar Maximus is cute. Very. Ehren is worshipworthy. And did I mention the sharks? XD

Love this series. It came waltzing in just as I was about to sigh over fantasy epics.

9/25/2010 #29
Musafreen

The Death God Alliance, a PJO/Kane Chronicles crossover. Love. :)

9/25/2010 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: storm-brain Your Sugar Sits Untouched, Kay Celestine, Aish Sheva, queenly
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member