we are the Veritas. By definition, the Veritas are not a cult, we are a political party dedicated to trying to make the fandom a better place. Or just chatting. Whatever strikes us.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »
Vanished Snowflake

3/2/2011 #301

I feel like this a long, long overdue apology. It doesn't really belong on the Rant Thread, but this is better than nowhere, I guess.

I'm sorry for all of the crap I've caused in the past, what with the yardstick and everything. I always made a point to be hostile and bitchy around newbs, which was not only rude, but it was cyberbullying and hurtful. I'd be lying if I said I didn't know why I did it, because I do. I'm a control freak, I feel the need for power, and I feel like I need to have a punching bag. And being a bully online seemed like a better alternative than being a bully IRL. Still, this is no excuse to what I've done. There is no excuse, since it was the wrong thing for me to do.

For the past few months, I really, really have been trying to be a better person. It's so much more fullfilling to be called nice than it is to be called a bitch. Not that I'm quite there yet, since people are still linking me on their profiles as "Bitchy-blonde: don't anger." (Not that I don't deserve it.) I promise that I'm trying my hardest to get there. I don't want my legacy to be, "Reese, the bitchy blonde with an attitude." I promise, my days this with the yardstick are over. I got carried away, and I can't express how sorry I am.

I don't expect anyone to accept this apology, since it's so long overdue and I can't make up months of bullying by writing out an apology on the Rant Thread. Hopefully though, in the months that follow, I'll be able to prove that what I'm saying is not just empty words. I'm really, really trying to change. I hope I'm getting somewhere.

3/2/2011 #302
Lieutenant Of Artemis

I remember someone said they thought that Veritaville was made up of cliques. Here's a clique for you: I'm Going to Harass the Newb Because They're Irritating Me.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm sick of watching the newbs get bullied because they're new. I'm sorry if they bother you, but you don't decide who's in and who's out. Well technically you do actually. But it's not fair to scare them away just because they decided to come and talk. I can understand doing it for fun, but there's a fine blue line between teasing and bullying.

Well said. /newbish

Just. Shut. Up.

You don't get it, okay? I loathe you. Yeah; that's the truth. I frickin' loathe you. Accept it. You think I pretend to not hear things and accuse me of that, but you're wrong. You don't know how wrong you are.

You go around, high and mighty and acting like you're the best. You don't even know what I do even if I'm like, right in front of you. You don't even care to take notice of me when I ask you something.

You. Just. Don't. Frickin'. Care.

Do you?

Yeah. You don't. I accept that and I don't think I care anymore. You're possibly the person that I loathe the most in the house.

And again, shut the heck up. You don't know what I'm going through and how I hide all of my emotions. You're not me, dang it. All I ask is for you to mind our own business.

Oh and guess what? When I accuse you of not hearing anything or just simply say, "Why didn't you answer me?" you just reply, "I didn't hear you." Oh yeah, you didn't. Of course. /sarcasm

The thing is, not just you. The others. You guys don't get me, okay? Just leave me alone in my own world. Sometimes, I feel like I don't need you.

...but I always come back to the fact that I can't hold grudges. Sometimes I wish I could.

3/3/2011 #303
Vanished Snowflake

Fuck my life.

They've always been so freaking strict. She didn't even let me go to the fucking BOOKSTORE on my own while she went to the supermarket. And this...THIS MEANS SO MUCH TO ME BUT NOOOOOO. "We must not spoil the child". This is a freaking different era. I don't care if you were only allowed to go out with your friends at 14 or 16. This is MY LIFE. Stop BEING SO FREAKING STRICT. Will you, for once, just TRUST ME??? Trust me to take care of myself and seriously, you've spent more money on other things before but nooo. "Must not spoil the child."

Fuck my life.

3/3/2011 #304

I lie because I don't want you to know the truth.

I smile because I don't want people to see me hurting.

I smirk because if I act like I'm one step ahead of the game, no one will tease me ever again.

I glare because I'm freaking sick being called an angel.

I hide because I don't want you to see me cry.

I write because I need a way to express my emotions.

I scream because I need a way to let out my frustration.

I am sarcastic because that way, no one will dare to tease me.

I am different because I want to be known as me, not just as 'Philip's sister'.

I stay silent because I just don't want to talk.

I am mean because I would rather be hated than bullied.

I fight because I don't want to lose.

3/3/2011 #305

What the fuck happened? Another newb-hate-emotional-frantic-debate-profanity fest? Oh, good. *goes up to look up GTs*

3/3/2011 . Edited 3/3/2011 #306

No, you do not have the right to be a bitch to the newbs just because you've been around longer. It gives us a bad reputation, and is quite frankly rather embarassing. I sometimes find it difficult to believe that people I'm friends with can be so condescending and downright rude simply because they've never met someone before. Judging someone based on that is remarkably similar to judging someone based on their hair colour or skin colour or age or sexuality. It's not all right, and it makes me very uncomfortable to see it.

Anyway, I'm not around so you won't really notice the difference, but... I'm taking a break. See everyone in two weeks or so.

Reese, I don't think you're a bitch. *hugs*

3/4/2011 #307

Ohdayum. Wrong thread.

3/4/2011 . Edited 3/4/2011 #308

Being angry helps me do math. It boosts my calculational firepower, somehow.

Also, math is a great way to calm down after you just nearly did an F-bomb on your parents...

I'm going to study the fuck out of these books this year. And I'm going to enjoy it.

That's what I tell myself, anyway...

3/5/2011 #309

Seriously, mother. There's no reason to get mad. I said I wasn't going to live in the dorms if I can help it. So what? What is your fucking problem? So what if I don't have the money right now, I will soon. If you'd stop making me babysit my brother so much, I might actually be able to go get a job. But of course, you can't just be home for four o'clock, can you? So what if you had errands to run? I'm not your live in babysitter for my brother. I'm a teenage girl who used to have her own life until you started dating him. Now I don't have friends, and I don't have time for homework, and I just want to leave.

Yesterday, when Gordie asked you about me living at home, you answered that you weren't sure if I liked living with my family. Well guess what. I hate it. I can't tell you how much I hate it because you start crying and yell at me, telling me I'm worthless, and that I don't appreciate what you've done for me. Tell me, what have you done for me? Except for leaving me behind?

I'm counting down the days until I can leave for good. Don't worry mum. Soon I'll be out of your hair and you can forget I ever existed.

3/7/2011 #310

3/8/2011 . Edited 4/13/2011 #311
Kay Celestine

I'm happy. Yes my classes have gone from funny to boring. Yes my parents hate each other. Yes, I gained an annoying 15 lbs since starting school. But holy fuck, I'm actually happy :3

3/9/2011 #312
Lacy Gently Wafting Curtains

One: it's my birthday tomorrow.

Two: we're putting my dog down the day after tomorrow.

no, that's a pretty way of putting it. we're killing my dog tomorrow. But... but... I think it's time. He's in a lot of pain. still, I can't remember living without him and it hurts. :(

3/9/2011 #313

It's a dog eat dog, human eat human, student-stick-his-or-her-mechanical-pencil-in-another-student's-head-and-kill-the-guy world...

Trust me when I say this week has been the busiest in my life.

Wake up at six, shower, eat some rice and good old cabbage gouk, get the books, pack up, dress up in the fucking uniform, go to school, study, do math homework during recess, study some more, do math homework during lunch time, study some more, do some more math homework during lunch time, go to the blasted mathematics institute, do some more mathematics from four o' clock to eleven without any rest with a bitchy teacher who makes me sit on an 'invisible chair' (Air, my friends, air. My legs still hurt from exercising, playing soccer, and then having to do this shit.), get back home wasted, go to sleep after listening to some Black Sabbath!

Wake up at six, shower, eat some rice and good old seaweed gouk, get the books, pack up, dress up, go to school, study some, do more math...

Drill, drill, drill, drill, drill! Basically, what they're telling me is "Study all day, you lazy motherfucker! You're not gonna get any decent jobs any other way!"

My head is numb from those 2,000 mathematics questionnaires I processed this week.

Right, I'll say this: fuck Korea and the rest of us stupid motherfuckers who believes that drilling sleepy students with a bunch of linguistics isgoing to make some guy start spouting English.

Conclusion: I'm fucking busy, and I hate it. Be back in May.

3/10/2011 #314

I hear ya. Tomorrow, I have to wake up at 5.45, eat, brush teeth, go to school until 2.20, eat lunch, go for extracurriculars until 6.30, rush home, eat dinner, rush off to math tuition, come back at 10 before doing homework and sleeping at 12 midnight.

It's not a dog-eat-dog world, it's a dog-eat-human world. Hell, it's a backstabbing, bitchy, cruel world.

And I just accidentally stabbed myself with my pen. Great.

Thank God there's a week long break next week.

3/10/2011 #315

Thank God there's a week long break next week.

I have science on the weekends. My birthday next month is going to be a four-hour fest of chemical equations. Hooah!

Week long break. :). :(.

3/10/2011 . Edited 3/10/2011 #316

My birthday next month is going to be a four-hour fest of chemical equations.

One of mine consisted of six hours of calculus and chemical equations. :p

3/10/2011 #317

3/10/2011 . Edited 4/13/2011 #318

3/11/2011 . Edited 5/8/2011 #319
Clockwork of Time

3/11/2011 . Edited 9/25/2012 #320

Japan and Korea's strained history must not become racism on either side.

Disgusted by some Korean netizens' comments on the recent earthquake.

3/11/2011 #321

You guys are supposed to be the future of the country.

I dearly hope not. Getting flaming drunk, throwing tantrums and bullying are not characteristics I look for in someone in a position of authority. And I still can't get over the fact that you demand respect. I mean; "We're one year senior to you. You have to put up with whatever shit we do, and put up with it politely." The amount of illogicality in it is staggering.

I think you guys are worth a laugh. And I think you've lost any chances to respect a while ago. Just like so, so many of our professors.

And just to clear up any confusion, this is not about anyone online. -__-

3/12/2011 . Edited 3/12/2011 #322

"We're one year senior to you. You have to put up with whatever shit we do, and put up with it politely."

Old fashioned bastards. Respect is for people who deserve it.

3/12/2011 #323
Aventine Hill

3/12/2011 . Edited 6/5/2011 #324

This isn't like losing K as my friend.

This is like genuinely ripping my heart out.

3/13/2011 #325

I'm tired.

3/14/2011 #326

I have a cold, is tired, sleepy, angry, and feels like someone formatted my hard drive.

3/14/2011 #327

Ah, I'm sick of this.

I need a weekend without science institute homeworks.

3/15/2011 #328

Peter, as your cybermother I grant you permission to procrastinate for a weekend.

3/15/2011 #329

Ah, sorry, mum, but my other mum will kill me if I don't finish the math on time. She even yelled at me yesterday for doing other work 'inefficiently' when I could be doing math.

I had a nice little rant session with my mother. My throat hurts. xPP;;

3/15/2011 #330
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: storm-brain Your Sugar Sits Untouched, Kay Celestine, Aish Sheva, hecates
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member