Veritaville
we are the Veritas. By definition, the Veritas are not a cult, we are a political party dedicated to trying to make the fandom a better place. Or just chatting. Whatever strikes us.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
storm-brain

Because I'm pretty sure people get annoyed when I show up, quote something, and then disappear, I'm now making a thread for it.

Yup.

This should be self-explanatory. Get all your Kumbyayas out, yeah?

Quotes. Post them here. Books, Fanfic, movies, Theia... whatever.

(The people that recognize the kumbayayas quote pass the awesome!test)

4/16/2011 #1
storm-brain

"Will you still make me waffles when we're married?" "No, I'll only make them for myself, but by California law you will own half of them."

4/17/2011 #2
President Snow

"I had a pet rock once. It died."

4/17/2011 #3
Musafreen

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a dark side, a light side and it holds the universe together."

4/17/2011 #4
Vanished Snowflake

"The light at the end of the tunnel...is an oncoming train."

4/17/2011 #5
an ocean of weltschmerz

"It's alright to have a train of thought...if you have a terminal" ~Richard R. Bowker

"When I was in School, they told me to write what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote happy. They told me that I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them that they didn't understand life."~John Lennon

"What? But we're mortal enemies. I hate your guts. And you have a penis. I cannot in good conscience cooperate with anyone who has a penis. And we're at war here." ~The Years of Our Titans

4/17/2011 . Edited 4/17/2011 #6
moscovitz

"When I was in School, they told me to write what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote happy. They told me that I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them that they didn't understand life."~John Lennon

Ooh I love that qoutes! It's my favorite!

I mean, is 'fat' really the worst thing a human being can be? Is 'fat' worse than 'vindictive', 'jealous', 'shallow', 'vain', 'boring' or 'cruel'? Not to me. ~ J.K. Rowling

4/17/2011 #7
President Snow

"Sometimes I wonder 'why is that frisbee getting bigger?' and then it hits me."

4/17/2011 #8
storm-brain

"You don't need a parachute to skydive. You need a parachute to skydive twice."

4/17/2011 #9
Musafreen

Discworld Quotes;

-

Eric: "What're quantum mechanics?"

Rincewind: "I don't know. People who repair quantums, I suppose."

- Eric

-

"If you put butter and salt on it, it tastes like salty butter."

-On popcorn; Moving Pictures

-

"Why's it called Ming?" said the Archchancellor, on cue.

The Bursar tapped the pot. It went ming.

- Discworld Logic; Moving Pictures

-

What's the good of having mastery over cosmic balance and knowing the secrets of fate if you can't blow something up?

-Reaper Man

-

The above is totally Harry Dresden's motto. 8D

4/17/2011 #10
Musafreen

"Chain letters," said the Tyrant. "The Chain Letter to the Ephebians. Forget Your Gods. Be Subjugated. Learn to Fear. Do not break the chain — the last people who did woke up one morning to find fifty thousand armed men on their lawn."

- COnversion in Discworld!AncientGreece. Small Gods

8D

-

"Not a man to mince words. People, yes. But not words."

-Also from Small Gods

4/17/2011 . Edited 4/17/2011 #11
asimplecritic

"Saying 'I notice you're a nerd' is like saying, 'Hey, I notice that you'd rather be intelligent than be stupid, that you'd rather be thoughtful than be vapid, that you believe that there are things that matter more than the arrest record of Lindsay Lohan. Why is that?' In fact, it seems to me that most contemporary insults are pretty lame. Even 'lame' is kind of lame. Saying 'You're lame' is like saying 'You walk with a limp.' Yeah, whatever, so does 50 Cent, and he's done all right for himself."

- John Green

Nerdfighters! 8D

4/17/2011 #12
pineconeface711

Sometimes I think I was born backwards, you know came out my mum the wrong way. I hear words go past me backwards. The people I should love I hate, and the people I hate...

-Effy 1X08

I didn't eat for three days so I could look lovely.

-Cassie to Sid in season one.

4/17/2011 #13
Her.Royal.Cheesyness

*blinks* Ah...Skins...used to be pretty good. Went downhill from the 2nd gen though...

"I'm Pandora. I'm useless."

"I'm JJ. With regard to mathematic aptitude I'm in the top 0.3% of the population which is an interesting demographic statistic because paradoxically my communication interpersonal and intuitive skills are towards the lower quartiles."

"I'm Katie. I've never not had a boyfriend since I was seven."

"I'm Emily. Never had a boyfriend."

"I'm Naomi. I hate injustice. People tell lies about me."

"I'm Effy and I think my mum's having an affair."

"I'm Freddie. I met a girl I liked today. She's like beautiful. That's it."

(Aww...Freddie...D: Ahem.)

Skins, second generation introducing themselves.

4/17/2011 #14
storm-brain

"I like ice. It's like water. But it's not." (Helpless)

Brilliant, Oz.

4/17/2011 #15
LionessAmaya

"It's not an orgy, it's a dogpile!"

~my teacher

"I will not! NOT be FUCKED, you FUCK you fucking cock-sucking, you haemorrhoid-sucking FUCK, YOU FUCK!"

~Batiatus

"Shut up, nobody likes you. Go die."

~my standard response when I'm irritated with someone

4/17/2011 #16
President Snow

"Why should Caesar get to stomp around like a giant while the rest of us try not to get smushed under his BIG FEET? What's so great about Caesar? Hmm? Brutus is just as cute as Caesar. OK, Brutus is just as smart as Caesar. People totally like Brutus just as much as they like Caesar, and when did it become okay for one person to be the boss of everybody, huh? Because that's not what Rome is about! We should totally just STAB CAESAR!"

"I don't hate you 'cause you're fat... you're fat 'cause I hate you"

"I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school. I wish that I could bake a cake made out of rainbows and smiles and and we'd all eat and be happy."

Gotta love Mean Girls. ;)

4/17/2011 #17
Musafreen

I think I'm on a Discworld kick. 8D

---

The trouble with being a god is that you've got no one to pray to.

-Small Gods

---

"That's why it's always worth having a few philosophers around the place. One minute it's all Is Truth Beauty and Is Beauty Truth, and Does A Falling Tree in the Forest Make A Sound if There's No one There to Hear It, and then just when you think they're going to start dribbling one of 'em says, Incidentally, putting a thirty-foot parabolic reflector on a high place to shoot the rays of the sun at an enemy's ships would be a very interesting demonstration of optical principles."

- The many and varied advantages of philosophy;Small Gods

4/18/2011 . Edited 4/18/2011 #18
JessieRedbird

'It kills me sometimes, how people die.'

-Death, The Book Thief.

And I like this thread. Good job Storm :D

4/18/2011 #19
DiamondDragonFrost

"I may not be smart enough to do everything, but I'm dumb enough to try anything."

If you can't guess where I got this from, then clearly you haven't been talking to me. 8D

" Rule one of time travel, you start messin' with the past, you get monkeys ruling the future."

Same as above.

4/18/2011 . Edited 4/18/2011 #20
an ocean of weltschmerz

"Allen. He'd give me a ride if I asked him to."

"Yeah. Except his name is Bob." ~Haven

"Oh, it's the FBI. Well, is this one of the situations where you're here claiming to help, but you're really just here to step on my toes?"

"Not in these shoes" ~Haven

"Can I give you a ride somewhere?"

"Yeah, I guess it's friendlier than if I commandeer your vehicle"

"Probably less paperwork, too. ~Haven

"You took my clothes."

"Good morning."

"You took my clothes"

"Well, now, I laundered your clothes. I saved your life. That's an odd combination when you think about it. I mean, if you think about it" ~Haven

"They're reopening with a menu featuring only local ingredients."

"You can cook pine trees?" ~Haven

4/18/2011 #21
pineconeface711

Amelia Pond there is something you must understand about me. One day your life may depend upon it: I am definitely a mad man with a box.

-The Eleventh Doctor, Doctor Who

*blinks* Ah...Skins...used to be pretty good. Went downhill from the 2nd gen though...

*shrugs* Second gen was my favorite.

4/18/2011 . Edited 4/18/2011 #22
Aanaleigh

Button, button, who's got the button? ~ BtVS (Spike I believe, season seven, Storm, do you know?)

4/18/2011 #23
storm-brain

Season seven, episode three, "Same Time, Same Place.'

My money's on the witch.

4/18/2011 #24
Aanaleigh

Thanks Storm. That's been bugging me for weeks now.

4/18/2011 #25
storm-brain

It's the one where Willow can't see Buffy and Xander, and there's the creepy rapist demon.

Not that I knew that off the top of my head or anything.

"I'm insane. What's your excuse?"

4/18/2011 #26
Code Purple

"Miki's a girl?"

Ran, Shugo Chara!

4/18/2011 #27
LionessAmaya

Before we go any further, who the hell orders pizza under the name of Torchwood?

~Captain Jack Harkness

We're a secret organization hunting alien technology from an underground base, and you want a rota for who drives.

~Captain Jack Harkness

I started looking into devil worship and stuff from that era, see if there's anything about plucking out hearts, and would you believe it, there's nothing! They ate eyeballs, they drank blood, they had sex with animals, but they did not pluck out each others' hearts, because obviously, that would have beenweird.

~Owen

Under any other circumstances, an exuberant Roman soldier would be my idea of a perfect morning.

~Captain Jack

Excuse me, have you seen a blowfish driving a sports car?

~Gwen

Chicks don't have prostates! I looked it up.

~Puck

You might laugh because every time I sign my name I put a gold star after it, but it's a metaphor. And metaphors are important. My gold stars are a metaphor for me being a star.

~Rachel

You look like a Technicolor zebra.

~Kurt

Hello. I'm Kurt Hummel and I'll be auditioning for the role of kicker.

~Kurt

You have to remember something: we're dealing with children. They need to be terrified. It's like mother's milk to them. Without it, their bones won't grow properly.

~Sue

Although I've been grouped with the boys, my allegiance remains with you ladies. They declined my offer to do their hair in cornrows, and all my artistic decisions have been derided as too costly because they involve several varieties of exotic bird feathers.

~Kurt

In fact, I like minorities so much, I'm thinking of moving to California to become one.

~Sue

Rachel was a hot Jew and the good Lord wanted me to get into her pants.

~Puck

4/19/2011 #28
storm-brain

"To save the day, or maybe melt away... I guess it's all the same."

~Walk Through the Fire

4/20/2011 #29
Code Purple

"Kill? I didn't kill anybody, you killed someone!"

~Random girl on the bus when it gets quiet

4/20/2011 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: storm-brain Your Sugar Sits Untouched, Kay Celestine, Aish Sheva, queenly
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member