Veritaville
we are the Veritas. By definition, the Veritas are not a cult, we are a political party dedicated to trying to make the fandom a better place. Or just chatting. Whatever strikes us.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »
x Death by Torchwood x

Me: *trying to splash my sister with water still on the dishes while unloading the dishwasher*

Six-year-old sister: *shrieks with laughter and runs past* I HATE YOU!! XD

Me: *grin* I hate you too, sissy!

--

Ah, my family. XD

8/9/2011 #211
Musafreen

"Did you just see a tall wizard and a short, frizzy-haired, one-man polka band ride by on a zombie Tyrannosaurus Rex?"

Matt just stood there a moment, rain flattening his hair onto his head and drizzling into his open mouth and wide eyes. "No," he finally yelled back with a finality that left no room for discussion.

I turned back to the path of destruction. "Yeah," I said. "Me neither."

- Dead Man's Witch, DF Fanfic.

8/10/2011 #212
Violet Reverie

"So, first I was team Edward. Then, I was team Jacob. Then, I was like, what the fuck? This has nothing to do with Twilight. So now I'm team Starkid."

"Team Starkid?"

"Team Starkid!!"

"Starkid!"

"What's Starkid?"

"Ignore her, she's stupid. Team Starkid!"

"Find!"

"Hufflepuff!"

"Cedric Diggory!"

"Oh, did I tell you this story? So, first, I was team Edward..."

~A bunch of friends and I

8/10/2011 . Edited 8/10/2011 #213
x Death by Torchwood x

"I'm a motherf*cking bear and I love my Snuggie more than I love dear meat!"

--That One Picture From Hyperbole and a Half

*is obsessed*

8/11/2011 #214
conjure-at-your-own-risk
My friend on seeing my fan art of Dumbledore's Army on DeviantArt: We are all members of DA. Well, everyone on DA is. I'm not the only one who noticed that, right?
8/11/2011 #215
cortexiphans

"They can be real hardass dickheads. Hey, what's the matter with you guys? oh, shit! You guys are kids! I better watch my damn mouth around you little bastards!"

8/11/2011 #216
conjure-at-your-own-risk
There was a sound of impact, a raspy, dry scream, and the vampire went down hard. It lay on the ground like a butterfly pinned to a card, arms and legs thrashing uselessly. Its chest and collarbone had been crushed. By an entire frozen turkey. A twenty-pounder. The plucked bird must have fallen from an airplane overhead, doubtlessly manipulated by the curse. By the time it got to the ground, the turkey had already reached its terminal velocity, and was still hard as a brick. The drumsticks poked up above the vampire's crushed chest, their ends wrapped in red tinfoil. The vampire gasped and writhed a little more. The timer popped out of the turkey. Everyone stopped to blink at that for a second. I mean, come on. Impaled by a guided frozen turkey missile. Even by the standards of the quasi-immortal creatures of the night, that ain't something you see twice. "For my next trick," I panted into the startled silence, "anvils.". -Dresden Files
8/11/2011 #217
cortexiphans

"But killing people doesn't make them like you...it only makes them dead."~Voldemort, A Very Potter Musical (best AVPM quote ever...)

8/12/2011 #218
the tiniest pyre

"Good grief."

"That's an oxymoron."

"You're an oxymoron!"

"Your mom is an oxymoron!"

"Your face is an oxymoron!"

"Your MOM's face is an oxymoron!"

"Your mom's HAIRY face is an oxymoron!"

"Your--"

"What are you two fighting about?"

"... Charlie Brown?"

~ Two friends and myself, with me being the one to point out the oxymoron.

8/12/2011 . Edited 8/12/2011 #219
Musafreen

The most serious threat to democracy is the notion that it has already been achieved.

8/13/2011 #220
Violet Reverie

"DOES NO ONE WANT A REDVINE? HAS THE WORLD GONE INSANE?!"~ AVPM

8/13/2011 #221
storm-brain

I walk, I talk, I shop, I sneeze. I'm gonna be a fireman when the floods roll back. There's trees in the desert since you left and I don't sleep on a bed of bones.

Restless (BTVS 4.22)

8/14/2011 #222
Musafreen

There are those who so dislike the nude that they find something indecent in the naked truth.

Francis Herbert Bradley

8/15/2011 #223
Her.Royal.Cheesyness

"I don't really get the point of saying to people 'good luck' when they get their results. I mean, the exams are already done and marked, so there's nothing that can be done there. What is there to wish good luck about? Hope you don't get a paper cut and bleed to death when opening your envelope? Okay, then. Good luck, hope the papers don't attack your hand."

8/17/2011 #224
Aventine Hill

"Now I remember. Apart from a slight buzzing in my ear, where Josh whacked me, I felt good. I was running across a field on a Saturday morning, the smell of exhaust and banana milkshake, a slight nausea, heart beating too fast, 'cause I wasn't that fit--all the stuff that tells you you're alive."

~Torchwood season one episode nine, Random Shoes

8/17/2011 #225
queerasheckie

"I'll have spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, baked beans, spam, spam, spam and spam.

"We're all out of baked beans."

"Can't I just have spam instead?"

"Eugh!"

"What's wrong with spam, spam, spam, spam, spam...

*Vikings start chanting* Spam! Spam! Spam!

"...spam, spam, spam and spam?"

"SHUT UP!!"

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"

----------------------------------------------------------

"We are the keepers of the sacred words: Ni, Ping, and Neeee-wommmm! A SHRUBBERY!!!!"

---------------------------------------------------------

"Stop it! This is getting too silly!"

All from various Monty Python sketches

8/18/2011 #226
cortexiphans

Monty Python FTW.

"Tell me, Wally. Do you know why a woman keeps her diary facing down?"

"Uh-what? Why?"

"It's to discourage prying eyes."

"What does your diary have to do with anything?"

"It's where the thief learned about the rocket before hiring the two men pointing pistols at us behind our backs."~H.G. Wells, Warehouse 13 season 3

8/18/2011 . Edited 8/19/2011 #227
The Angel Fish

"Chicken Man, get the moose!" ~The Red Pyramid. It's only funny in context, though. Ask my mother.

-

Me: *In a mad laughing fit*

Some random guy in my class: Hey, you and Damo should go out!

Me: *Still in a mad laughing fit*

Some random guy in my class: See Damo, she agrees!

8/18/2011 . Edited 8/18/2011 #228
cortexiphans

"I'll find him. It's what I does."~ Claudia Donovan, WH13 season 1 finale

--

"We made a good team...didn't we?"

"Yeah. We did. And then you...I only wished you'd realized sooner."

"So do I."~ H.G. and Myka, Warehouse 13

--

"Everything happens eventually."

"Everything?"

"All that stuff that you think never happens...it happens. You just gotta be ready for it."~Booth and Brennan, BONES

8/18/2011 . Edited 8/19/2011 #229
Aventine Hill

"Here, eat this."

"Why?"

"Because if I eat anymore I am going to puke a rainbow."

"You're a unicorn!"

~My sister and I

8/20/2011 #230
DiamondDragonFrost

"As you slide down the Banisters Of Life, may the splinters never point the wrong way."

8/22/2011 #231
cortexiphans

"So, what's next?"

"Okay, what's next. We gotta be methodical, we gotta narrow down the suspects, we gotta make a list of your enemies."

"All I got are enemies."

--

"Jake? Your ex-boyfriend?"

"My...former business partner."

"...the ex-boyfriend."~Bianca and Harry Dresden, Dresden Files TV show.

8/23/2011 . Edited 8/23/2011 #232
Lightfall

"This tea is nothing but hot leaf juice!"

"Uncle, that's what all tea is."

Made me crack up. Zuko's an asshat sometimes but sometimes he makes me laugh out loud.

8/24/2011 #233
Musafreen

^^

Yes he is. Especially in the first two seasons. /nodnod/ But he and Sokka tie for first place in my ALTA characters-I-love list.

--

Sokka: My first girlfriend turned into the moon.

Zuko: (completely sincere) That's rough, buddy.

--

/luffles/

8/24/2011 #234
Lightfall

XD XD XD

I haven't seen that yet.

What's worse, I'm supposed to be in bed. So cackling out loud is NOT GOOD.

ed: This is getting off topic. We should move to the GT.

ed2: Musa, If you're reading this, I only just realised Zuko has only one eyebrow.

8/24/2011 . Edited 8/24/2011 #235
Musafreen

ed2: Musa, If you're reading this, I only just realised Zuko has only one eyebrow.

It took me till I read the fact that Zuko has only one eyebrow to notice that. XD You are so much better than me.

--

I suppose there's also the possibility that Zuko could get lucky for on- no, sorry, can't even type it. Any genuine permutation of the Avatar-verse must, by definition, have it in for Zuko any time it would result in greater drama, comedy, or angst ;P

-

...Musings on Avatarverse Deviations from somewhere on ffn.

8/25/2011 #236
Incendiarist

Congratulations. You are now in Uberwald. Hope you enjoy your visit.

~ TVTropes on, well, Uberwald. (I can't figure out the accentuation marks on this keyboard.)

-

Landon (the Anti-Hero) [upon meeting Hermes, a syringe]: "Does your knife have a name, too?"

Khione (the Mad Doctor): "Of course not! (beat) It's a scalpel. His name is Asclepius.

~ Something on FP I can't remember the name of.

8/25/2011 #237
Code Purple

"Sure. We can work out after school. If you're not too busy having sex with my mom."

*Giles walks into a tree*

~Buffy The Vampire Slayer

8/25/2011 #238
SydneyLouWho

"So, yeah. I'm a single mother. I have two kids I love more than anything in the world. I drive a Honda, I still have dial-up internet. I got a 2.7 GPA in college, not a 3.4. And while I'm at it telling the truth, I name my kids' poop after you."

~Jennifer Aniston (Just Go With It)

--

"Have you met my friend Ian? He's a computer hacker. He helped me erase your MySpace page, and your band's MySpace page, and your Facebook page. Happy networking asshole!"

~Zoey Dechanel (Yes Man)

--

"If some teenage girl says you guys make a cute couple, just keep in mind that she said the same about Taylor Swift and that Twilight kid."

~Unknown (Life As We Know It)

--

XD

8/25/2011 . Edited 8/25/2011 #239
Code Purple

"Your sister and I have to tell you when a girl is hitting on you, don't we?"

"No, I can tell. I just act like a Richard about it."

"A what?"

"Well, what's a nickname for Richard?"

"..."

~A conversation between my mom and older brother.

8/25/2011 #240
« Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: storm-brain Your Sugar Sits Untouched, Kay Celestine, Aish Sheva, hecates
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member