Veritaville
we are the Veritas. By definition, the Veritas are not a cult, we are a political party dedicated to trying to make the fandom a better place. Or just chatting. Whatever strikes us.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »
sasukeXnarutoforever

I would have to say Lie.

--

Have you ever given CC, to only have it mistaken for a flame?

(Extra points if you were then yelled at ((by more than one person, for extra extra points)) for being a flamer when you weren't)

7/14/2011 #301
EmeraldUnicornHorn-Perstia

Yup.

---

What song can you listen to over and over and never get sick of? If there isn't one, what's your favourite song right now?

7/15/2011 . Edited 7/15/2011 #302
Code Purple

Oh hey Emer. Anything by Kelly Clarkson, Cristina Perri, or Avril Lavigne.

What hair color would you like to have?

7/15/2011 #303
SerendipitousSerenity

I like my black hair, but I'd love some brown highlights. Pfft. Not that it really matters, since I cover my hair all the time.

-

The first song you can remember singing?

7/16/2011 #304
FreyjasThirteenth

Vennilachandanakinnam. When I was four/five or so, people used to prod me into singing it. It's a melody with a basis in kid's songs.

-

Q: Favourite fictional crush, if any.

-

HEY NUR. IT'S MUSA!ALT.

I wanted to talk to you about an AU thing I was thinking of.

7/16/2011 . Edited 7/16/2011 #305
SerendipitousSerenity

Uh, I usually don't really have crushes on fictional characters. But there was this time when I played a game on my brothers PS2 console and there was this really handsome (well, in my opinion anyway) boy. Since it was MegaTen game, he didn't have a name, but damn if he's not good looking. Especially in the cutscenes....

-

Dead fanfic (as in, hasn't been updated in years and the author probably won't continue it/is no longer on FF.net) you really wish it would be updated?

7/16/2011 #306
Musafreen

Plenty.

Scorpious Malfoy and the Improbable Plot, a bunch of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe fics (especially the one where Adam's injured and Randor goes on a quest to save him because family drama is all kinds of awesome and goddamn it I wish the 2002 MotU series was never cancelled because I was looking forward to MotU!Adrora. And because I so ship Adam/Teela.), a travel-to alternate universe HP thing, an HP medieval AU...

And a lot more I'm forgetting. I'm sure of that.

In the PJO fandom, I would love it if dnrl updated her fics. :/

--

Q: Which is the most interesting intepreatation of a magical creature that you can recall. It may even be a completely new creature coined by whoever created it.

7/16/2011 #307
SerendipitousSerenity

Hmm, that's kinda hard, but my favorite fanfic-interpretation of vampires was the one in Miranda Flairgold's ASCAL trilogy. I really wich she would continue it. *sniffle* I mean, damn, that has to be the best HP fanfic I've read. And her interpretation of demons was interesting too. Sygra has to be my favorite character, you sarcastic, lovable wyvern, you...

-

Randomest plot bunny you've had?

7/16/2011 #308
Musafreen

The Animorphs send out a letter to Visser Three, outlining all the ways in which he's massacred the Evil Overlord List.

Alternatively, girl!Fix and girl!Harry meet at a bar to bitch about fucking faeries and their goddamned spells and having to deal with PMS.

I think the Applejack/Rarity pony femslash counts too. :/

--

Q: The Book you want to read next?

7/16/2011 #309
SerendipitousSerenity

Q: The Book you want to read next?

Right now? Trying to begin reading Speaker for the Dead, by Orson Scott Card. It's the sequel to Ender's Game (which is awesome). So far I've managed to read the first few pages...

That really doesn't speak much for my attention span, right? Yeah. Me and my lack of concentration.

But what I really wanna read right now? Do you need to ask? HURRY UP AND PUBLISH GHOST STORY ALREADY!!

-

Have you ever encountered a fic with a really, really weird pairing, yet it actually works? If the answer is yes, what is the name of the fic? If no, give me your weirdest pairing and an idea to make it work.

7/16/2011 #310
Musafreen

JKR/Giant squid.

It does not fucking get weirder than that. But whoever wrote it did it well. It was definitely a fucked up realationship, but damn, it was interesting. I don't remember the name; not even sure if it has one- but it's up there in the fucked up pairings (I forget the actual term) section of tvtropes.

Then, of course, there are the Grim Olympian Tales. Percy/everybody. Love 'em.

Also, I think there was this Morgan/Charity (of all things) fic in the DF kinkmeme I may have to read sometime soon...

--

8D Give me your weirdest pairing and an ideato make it work.

7/16/2011 #311
SerendipitousSerenity

JKR/Giant squid.

What- I- That's-

Fucking weird. That's what.

--

8D Give me your weirdest pairing and an idea to make it work.

I have little imagination for weird pairings (since I don't even want to know what kind of fucked-up mind can conceive something like JKR/Giant Squid, talk about a metapair), but I had this idea of Rei (no, not Persona, not yet)/Mikan pair. Mikan fell out of the time-window during the Timetravel arc, when she tried to save her father, right? So I was thinking, maybe she couldn't get in and got stuck in the past. And somehow, she met Rei who was crying after Izumi died. It all goes from there. (Mikan was mute and physically unable to tell anyone about the future, so everything went as it had)

7/16/2011 #312
Musafreen

Mikan couldn't write, either? 8D

-

Q: Give me an Olympian/Olympian PJO pair you like. And if you don't like any, give me a random pairing anyway, and tell my why you picked them.

7/16/2011 #313
SerendipitousSerenity

Physically unable, remember? The timestream took great measures to prevent a temporal paradox. While preventing Izumi's death probably wouldn't eras Mikan from existence, it changes the future. A big no-no in any story that involves time travel.

-

Eh... Maybe ZeusxHera? Because it's canon, and I feel sorry for Hera because Zeus cheated on her so.many.times. But I absolutely adore Hades/Persephone. I dunno, I think it's because of the whole 'kidnapping' thing. Stockholm Syndrome, perhaps?

-

Most annoying plot device you've met in a story?

7/16/2011 #314
Musafreen

This one's easy, because I've read a lot of romance novels, and a romantic cliches bug the heck out of me.

The one I hate the most is the 'Big Misunderstanding' standby. In this, the hero misunderstands something about the heroine, and she does likewise. Then it grows into this huge gaping chism between them and it makes you want to strangle their bloody selves already. It's a romance novel, dumbasses. TALK TO EACH OTHER. AT LEAST ONCE.

Judith McNaught is a big offender. Which is why I am not a fan of hers. She seems to be pretty popular otherwise. :/

In general stories, the plot device which bugs me is the sudden growth of power. Like in Eldest (Christopher Paolini), there's the dance by the freaky elves and suddenly Eragon's all "fairer than any man but more rugged than any elf" with corresponding skills. Instant Sue. :p

I put Percy-with-Achilles-Curse into the same category, by the way. Because him kicking the crap out of Hades got some raised eyebrows from me.

So yes. Develop your character's skills slowly, please. Or at least tastefully.

-

Q: The most Mary-Sue ish character you've seen in a book? A published book, that is. No fanfics allowed.

7/16/2011 #315
SerendipitousSerenity

Twilight. Anyone in Twilight, maybe minus the mortals. Vampire novels in general, actually.

Hey! I like the Inheritance Cycle. Okay, maybe it's cliched as hell, but it's a fun read at least. In my defense, I first read the series before exposure to other fantasy-series. It's what started my interest in literature.

-

If there's something you can change/get rid of from your favorite series (NO DRESDEN FILES, MUSA), what would it be?

7/16/2011 #316
Musafreen

Vampire novels in general, actually.

Agrees. So much.

Hey! Ilikethe Inheritance Cycle. Okay, maybe it's cliched as hell, but it's a fun read at least.

I like it too, actually. 8D Which is why I cared enough to bitch about that point. I pretty much like everyone except Arya. She's just so... rebellious ultra-beautiful elven warrior princess. SHe makes me want to strangle her.

*apologizes if she's offended Nur*

Also, you should try Codex Alera. It's beautifully original without letting go of all the general fantasy cliches. But it starts off a little slow. 8D

--

If there's something you can change/get rid of from your favorite series (NO DRESDEN FILES, MUSA), what would it be?

Uhm. *prods* Let's see... I'm not changing anything from Discworld or DF. I wouldn't know what to change it into.

Although in Codex Alera, the reason for Kitai's Clymenestra Gambit... it came a little out of nowhere. It didn't go well with the rest of the book, methinks. *nodnod* But I guess it serves to make a political point. :/

--

Q: Favourite Fantasy book? And by 'fantasy', I mean the ones set in alternate universes, not our planet. Contemporary or otherwise.

7/16/2011 #317
Code Purple

Narnia, because I am a sucker for Narnia and Narnia is awesome.

Your worst enemy is?

7/16/2011 #318
not someone of importance

Bikes.

---

Harry Potter Meeets Metal.

How do you feel after watching this?

8/5/2011 #319
Code Purple

Like I should play Guitar Hero.

~

Have you ever watched Avatar: The Last Airbender?

8/15/2011 #320

No. But I want to.

---

Have you ever played Guitar Hero?

8/16/2011 #321
Code Purple

Guitar Hero: World Tour all the way!

Did Miss Lucy have some leeches?

8/16/2011 #322
meaner than my demons

Yes, she did. Her leeches liked to suck, and they drank up all her blood.

-

Emilie Autumn or Snow Patrol?

8/16/2011 #323
Code Purple

Emilie Autumn.

What are you allergic to?

8/16/2011 #324
Your Sugar Sits Untouched

Emilie Autumn. What can I say, I'm a loyal Plague Rat.

~

Last think you ate today?

8/16/2011 #325
meaner than my demons

Um. I'm not sure which question to answer, so I'll just answer both~

What are you allergic to?

Nothing.

Last think you ate today?

A cupcake.

-

Kate Nash or Skillet?

8/16/2011 #326

I Don't know who Kate Nash is, so Skillet. *loves Monster very much*

---

Favourite oneshot?

8/17/2011 #327
SydneyLouWho

The Silendorf one that was written for me by Tzadikim. For the obvious reason that it was written for me. :D

-

*looks through Coke or Pepsi book*

Hair color?

8/17/2011 #328
Aventine Hill

GINGER.

//should not announce it like that but oh well

-

Pen or pencil?

8/17/2011 #329
x Death by Torchwood x

GINGER.

//should not announce it like that but oh well

GINGERS, FTW!!!!! 8D *high fives Ave*

--

Pen. Black ink. Preferably erasable. *nodnod*

8/18/2011 #330
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: storm-brain Your Sugar Sits Untouched, Kay Celestine, Aish Sheva, hecates
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member