Veritaville
we are the Veritas. By definition, the Veritas are not a cult, we are a political party dedicated to trying to make the fandom a better place. Or just chatting. Whatever strikes us.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
storm-brain

Hey look, I got it honestly this time and everything.

The Speech, which is to be pasted at the top of each new Ghost Town thread, goes as follows:

Welcome to the Ghost Town, town of the dead inboxes, randomness, and various other things. Do not post unless you are prepared for a daily two or three hundred emails, or maybe more. Please turn off your forum alerts. If you are confused about the Verita family tree and how everyone is related, see

http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr22/stormbrain_photos/RVAGFVfamilytree.jpg

The rules: (And yes, you do need to read these. Sorry.)

1. You do not need to consider yourself a Verita to hang out here, however, you must tolerate Veritas and not be here just to piss us off. Because seriously, you have better things to do with your time. (You know who you are.)

2. We do not discuss Skype or give away skype usernames of another FF member. All Skype buisness is to be conducted via PM, 'cause a lot of people have their real names on Skype. Thank you.

3. You do not diss Storm's bold. Nor do you question Storm's bold. Nor do you wonder why she sometimes bolds and sometimes doesn't.

4. Don't feed the trolls.

5. Please do not post a new topic without first clearing it with Storm. Thanks.

6. Okay, dudes and dudettes, let's get something straight: Here at the Veritas, we are too awesome for these so-called "awkward silences". Any silence here is a direct result of all the members simultaneously entering deep, cleansing trances.

7. Newbs, don't get super offended if everyone doesn't love you right away. Just hang out and let us get to know you better before you pitch hissyfits.

8. Veritas, don't hate on the newbs.

9. We respect grammar and spelling here. Talk in chatspeak (chtspk) and you will get your ass banned.

10. No shipping Veritas publicly while said people involved in the relationship is there. If they don't like it and ask you to stop, stop. This extends to Skype, and if Theia gets any reports about it seriously annoying people, you will be banned from the forums for an hour. Respect their wishes, and keep your real-people!ships to yourself. Thank you for understanding.

11. Okay, I really shouldn't have to say this, but apparently I do. Cyberbullying is not okay. Newb hate, whatever, yes you have a Very Valid Reason, I don't want to hear it. We're not a high school bitch!clique, so grow the fuck up.

10/27/2011 . Edited 10/30/2011 #1
St. Elsewhere

Blast you, Storm!

-

First post twice in a row.

10/27/2011 . Edited 10/27/2011 #2
Cezariaz

Brilliant timing, Storm. XD

10/27/2011 #3
storm-brain

AND NOW I'M REALLY, HONEST TO GOD, GOING TO GO GET SOME FUCKING SLEEP. GOODBYE.

10/27/2011 #4
Proud to be Plug

Hi!

Ed: 4rth place!! Why, fate, cruel fate!! //leaves

10/27/2011 . Edited 10/27/2011 #5
President Snow

nooooooo

10/27/2011 #6
Musafreen

All the GT number-substitutes make me feel dumb. XD

10/27/2011 #7
nathan-p

I need to copy my Russian playlist over to my iPod, make sure I have money for bus + a little food, pack my messenger bag, and oh shit my clothes are still in the dryer, fuck.

(yes this is a to-do list, go chase yourself)

10/27/2011 #8
St. Elsewhere

Merggg.

Subway for dinner. Back laaaaaaaaaaaaterrrrrrrrrrr.

10/27/2011 #9
Musafreen

Does anybody want to give me a review?

/is review whore

10/27/2011 #10
President Snow

Plug just came and he got a post before me, the fuck. -_-

-

Musa, because I feel like reviewing and procrastinating, which story?

10/27/2011 . Edited 10/27/2011 #11
Musafreen

Plug just came and he got a post before me, the fuck. -_-

Crumbling cookies. /nods wisely/ That is life, alas.

-

Musa, because I feel like reviewing and procrastinating, which story?

Oh, take your pick. 8D I have Bianca angst, Nico angstish thing, Thalico fic, Rachel/Nico oneshots and drabbles, Percabeth drabbles, Sally/Poseidon and Apollo/OC. And probably others I'm forgetting. XD

10/27/2011 . Edited 10/27/2011 #12
St. Petersburg

I guess I missed it again.

Leaving for more math.

I had better get a 100% this time, or I'll sink into a life-long sulk.

10/27/2011 . Edited 10/27/2011 #13
President Snow

I got an 80% for the most important test of the year. D8 Shiteshiteshite.

Good luck, Peter. I'm sure you'll do great.

10/27/2011 #14
nathan-p

Great, don't have any ones. Gotta pay bus fare in change ._.

10/27/2011 #15
Musafreen

PETER!

/TACKLEGLOMP

Ugh. Pressures about Math are the worst kind. I was never bad at it till people told me I was supposed to be good at it even if I was good at nothing else.

Which makes like zero sense.

-

I also have a bunch of misc. tiny, dramatic angst drabbles. An unusual OC's claiming and the starting of a Son of Neptune fic.

10/27/2011 . Edited 10/27/2011 #16
nathan-p

I want to be a doctor and I'm slow at math.

Well. Applied math I'm okay with, but much beyond algebra and I start getting clueless.

Edit: Also, according to the grade sheet I found a while ago, I straight-up failed the "fuck this up and you don't graduate" project senior year.

I did graduate, and was the youngest in my class.

10/27/2011 . Edited 10/27/2011 #17
Musafreen

Mathematical theory is lovely. But that thing about having to practice Maths by doing a gazillion random questions always struck me as a collosal waste of time.

My parents disagreed.

We had words.

XD

10/27/2011 #18
President Snow

I also have a bunch of misc. tiny, dramatic angst drabbles. An unusual OC's claiming and the starting of a Son of Neptune fic.

Gotta go eat dinner now, but I'll get to it right after. :D

-

Also. Peter, your avatar makes my brain hurt. -_-

-

You want to be a doctor? Awesome. :D I used to want to be one, 'cause my parents were like, oh, be a doctor! ...Then I realized how hard it was and all the things you had to do. The one time I told my mum I wanted to be kind of a journalist though, she had a roadrage, so... :/

10/27/2011 #19
nathan-p

You know how dogs do that head-tilt thing when they're confused?

One day in high-school math class I snapped out of a daydream and realized that I had no idea what was going on on the projector.

Immediately after class (or maybe right then, I don't recall) I walked up to the counselors' office and arranged to switch into the lowest math class a senior could take.

Worked out much better, and the point is that unless carefully explained to, math easily makes my head do that too.

Edit:

You want to be a doctor? Awesome. :D I used to want to be one, 'cause my parents were like, oh, be a doctor! ...Then I realized how hard it was and all the things you had to do.

Yes, I am apparently a masochist :V And if I flame out of pre-med, hell, there's other stuff I can do.

10/27/2011 . Edited 10/27/2011 #20
Musafreen

unless carefully explained to

Tell me about it. Put me near anything rewquiring three-dimensional space geometry and I become comatose.

Did like differentiation, though. Intergration, not so much.

I think I miss Math. WTH.

10/27/2011 #21
President Snow

I'm currently in the highest math class in my year, but that's only because the Gifted and Talented class is sorted generally. You have to be good at everything, I think. :/ I'm bad at Science, only okay at Maths, and the only thing keeping me up is English, which I'm not the best at.

Yeah, I'm definitely gonna drop down next year. :/

Okay, going to dinner for realz now.

10/27/2011 #22
nathan-p

Go eat!

I was in special ed from fifth grade through eighth, and then took a lot of AP in high school.

First year of college I had the wonderful realization that I didn't have to be smart, and that I was in fact only of average intelligence. Good lord that felt amazing.

10/27/2011 #23
President Snow

Haha, I did. :D

Special ed? O.o

My parents expect me to stay in the GAT class for the whole of high school, but people below my class get better marks than me all the time. D8

10/27/2011 #24
Celestial Calamity

*apparates* Congrats Storm, for getting the last post. Again. =)

10/27/2011 #25
Lightfall

God fucking dammit.

10/27/2011 #26
Proud to be Plug

Quote: "Plug just came and he got s post before me, the fuck.

Snow! I'm hurt. Thought you'd be happy for your elder brother!

//is hurt.

10/27/2011 #27
President Snow

Well... I was distracted by my obsession of getting a first/last post. Sorreh? :3 *huggles*

10/27/2011 #28
St. Elsewhere

I got first post though, so nurr. :P

10/27/2011 #29
President Snow

-_-

Yeah, thanks for rubbing it in.

10/27/2011 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: storm-brain Your Sugar Sits Untouched, Kay Celestine, Aish Sheva, queenly
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member