Nagato Yuki
Because she's absolute win, and there was no forum. Discuss her pairings, her faults, her characterization, her orientation... Anything at all. Off-topic is fine, too.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Robert Varulfur

You'd have to have read the light novels to understand what I'm talking about. For those of you who have what do you think? Kyon constantly states that he prides himself in being the only one who can read Nagatos emotions. Yuki seems to only have conversations with Kyon and after the fourth book (I think it was the fourth one anyways) The Dissapearance of Haruhi Suzumiya when she recreated the world it appeared as though she had a crush on him.

Anyone else have the same view? Or an opposing view?

7/18/2009 #1
Crouching Tiger Hidden Shizuru

He also stares at her all the time, tends to go overboard on everything that includes her and constantly worries/frets/concerns himself with her business.

PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME RANT MY SELF-CONTROL CANNOT TAKE THIS.

7/20/2009 #2
Robert Varulfur

No, please be my guest and rant up a storm. I just love reading rants, they are always so interesting no matter the subject.

Oh I just watched the the new (but repeated) episode Endless Eight for Suzumiya Haruhi. Have you seen it? So far the third time is my favorite because there is a scene (well how the scene was portrayed) where Itsuki suggests they go goldfish catching with the girls when Kyon says no and looks over at Yuki who is standing at the mask stand and he walks over to her. I have no idea why but that scene was almost romantic in nature. What do you think?

7/21/2009 #3

He ignores Asahina to ask Nagato to eat with him.

7/23/2009 . Edited 7/28/2010 #4
Robert Varulfur

Wow. That was amazing. I could convert the entire world using this to Kyon and Yuki lovers. Seriously I could.

If you had more rants you sould create a topic or a forum or something because this geniusness should be shared with the world.

I was glad you mentioned the whole Yuki smiling thing. That was why the fourth book is my favorite is that part right there.

Not that I think you'll mind but just in case its okay if I use any of this as . . . insperation for my stories right? Techinally I already have because it was something that you said that made me think to write the story I just published, Yuki's Variation.

7/23/2009 #5

Haha, merci, mon cher.

Of course you can.

7/24/2009 . Edited 11/19/2010 #6
Robert Varulfur

Vous etes bienvenue.

LoL, they're amazing, to be sure.

I give you much thanks.

7/24/2009 #7

Bon fran├žais, haha.

They really are. Can you see how beautiful we make everyone except Yukari because no-one can make her in the least bit attractive?

There's no problem at all, man. I don't even care if you credit me or not.

7/25/2009 #8
MullerCherry

I don't think they are.

I also don't think that Yuki can feel emotion, but it's clear she can in the fourth novel. I guess it's a matter of time.

9/27/2009 . Edited by Crouching Tiger Hidden Shizuru, 7/28/2010 #9

...Um.

10/1/2009 . Edited 7/28/2010 #10
MullerCherry

I was referring to Yuki, who is the main topic of discussion here.

"She can't" is a reference to all of the novels, so you should be sure of what I'm talking about.

Use proper grammar? I'm too lazy.

10/1/2009 . Edited by Crouching Tiger Hidden Shizuru, 7/28/2010 #11

...Ahhhhh.

I was so horrible.

10/5/2009 . Edited 7/28/2010 #12
sanakito

I wonder...can Yuki even love at all? Although she seems to be at Kyon's command...hmm...I wonder...

10/22/2009 #13

Her character songs say "oui".

10/26/2009 #14
Cha-Cha-Cheesecake

I honestly love the couple Kyon and Yuki, and it makes me so happy every time I read the fourth book because there's so much pointing out that Yuki has a school-girl crush on him! It's pretty obvious that the way Kyon boasts about being the closest member in the brigade to Nagato, and how concerned he always is about her that he likes her too. So I say, let's do our best to bring them together in the fanfics we write!

- Ruka-Pyon fangirl -.- (Drooling face XD)

11/21/2009 #15
Principis Languoris

Haha, well, I prefer Ryoko/Yuki. Those Love/Hate relationships are so adorable...

But yes, I agree. It is a cute pairing, made even cuter by a cute character involved in it! Have you read Nagato Yuki no Shoushitsu? It's a manga spinoff based around the fourth novel.

11/22/2009 #16
Cha-Cha-Cheesecake

Haha! I suppose you're right! Yuki x Ryouko (I've never really thought about it before now) are quite cute in Haruhi-Chan, although otherwise I've never really given it much thought... But Ryouko does look out for Yuki a lot in the fourth book, doesn't she... Hmm...

I haven't read the manga version of the fourth book yet, no. Is it in english, on mangafox? If so, I have to start reading!

- Ruka-Pyon Fangirl x

11/23/2009 #17
Mare Hiemis

Yes, I think it is. I don't frequent MangaFox, but it's on OneManga if you want a link.

If you consider it, Asakura looks out for Nagato a lot. And for Nagato to assign the role of protecting her perfect world and to even make alt!Asakura her best friend... It seems that it must be reciprocated a little.

11/27/2009 #18
The Hidden Lostar

Yuki Nagato is definitely one of my favorite characters in the series. I have to say one of my favorite chapters involving her was the Snow Mountain Syndrome. To be more specific, the scene where Nagato passed out grabbed at me the most... mostly because there were a ton of questions that popped up in my head that remained unanswered. More than anything, I totally want to know what caused Yuki to faint! Let's think about it this way:

My theory of that whole apparational matter is this: The apparition that appeared in each character's rooms was most likely to be the person whose hearts the original responds to the most... for example, on Itsuki Koizumi's case, Kyon appeared in his room. While that fact still amuses me, it makes perfect sense. I mean practically the only times you see Koizumi talking is towards Kyon or being the yes-man to whatever demands Haruhi has to make. Simply put, the only time I can recall Koizumi associating with Nagato and Asahina was during the times everyone gathered during the endless eight loop... needless to say, that is what one would call a dire emergency in which Koizumi had few alternative options.

Getting back on topic here, Kyon did have Mikuru appear in his room. Although saying Mikuru is the one Kyon is currently attracted to the most would debunk the previous rant, you can't help but wonder why did Mikuru appear in his room above anyone else? I guess for this case let's just say absolute respect (for Yuki) and physical attraction (for Mikuru) are two completely different things.

Now Mikuru had Haruhi appear in her room. I can only speculate as to why it was this for Mikuru. Since she is from the future, she may have trained herself to sever herself romantically from Kyon knowing very well that they have to separate in the future anyways. With that being said, I cannot recall any evidence of Mikuru having any sort of thing for Kyon, nor do they even seem like a good pair. Not to mention, alternate Mikuru socked him in the face. Ouchies! The bonding between Haruhi and Mikuru are actually pretty extreme if you think about it. It's comic relief to us to watch Haruhi fondle and strip Mikuru all the time, but what does that make her feel? If she minded appealling to Haruhi's desires, something may have been done about it long ago. Simply put, the bond between Mikuru and Haruhi seems to justify itself.

Haruhi had Kyon in his room. Enough said... the rambunctious god-like brat secretly has a thing for the main character. We seen this on Pokemon, (Misty) and this has to be one of the most obvious things the light novel has to offer.

Now then, all that's left is Yuki Nagato... who had Kyon appear in her room. I don't know about you, but I pretty much went nuts when she said this before she passed out! Back in Endless Eight, Kyon asked Nagato why she did not make any efforts to break the recursion of time, and Nagato simply replied, "My duty is to observe." Well, Nagato-san, if your duty is to 'observe' then what possessed you to butt in when Ryoko Asakura attempted to assassinate Kyon with a knife? Huh? I'm sorry, but saving his life while eradicating your backup unit doesn't quite seem to fit in the 'observing' category. Putting that aside, there are more little things to consider. The moment Kyon stated that Yuki looks better without glasses, guess what she never wore again?

Oh, and that whole 'Disappearance of Haruhi' dimension? The whole thing was such a beautiful statement from Yuki. I can't exactly speak for her so-to-say, but I sort of gathered it like this: "Kyon, let's just forget about this crazy world... about Haruhi. Let's start over with just us... you and me." She was willing to defy her grand entity just to create a world where Kyon and Yuki would be happy together. The only memory of Kyon the new Yuki kept was the time Kyon got Yuki a library card, (although the sequence of events were a bit altered for obvious reasons). At the same time, she preserved Kyon's memories to make sure he had say in the decision on whether or not Kyon would want it this way. One key on the keyboard would consequentially return things to normal, and any other button would create a new future. I suppose when Kyon pressed enter, she was the closest thing to 'heartbroken' as she could become. Kyon decided to make up for that by speaking from his heart that the Yuki Nagato that he met first was the one he was closest to, not some 'cute' imitation. Yuki was so moved by his words that she said something that was not necessary in her code of minimal communication, but something she felt compelled to say from the bottom of her heart. "Thank you."

Yuki Nagato is just... a completely marvelous character. There's no doubt in my mind that she's extremely close to Kyon based on that evidence and much more that has been already specified. Getting back on topic here, what really got my emotions flaring was that Yuki fainted during the Snow Mountain Syndrome. Thus far just about every action aside from her random book readings have been fairly important through the course of the story. Let's just do a simple process of putting one and one together. 1) A false Kyon appeared in Yuki's room. 2) Yuki somehow fainted after dealing with the false Kyon. To me, that's a tremenously big deal! Now if you think about it, the whole time Yuki Nagato was in that hotel, the connection between Yuki and her boss had been disrupted... meaning, she had no access to grand knowledge except for the little things she learned on her own. What do I think that means? My educated guess is without her entity to enhance her sense of judgment, she may not have been able to see through the false Kyon, meaning... the Kyon apparition successfully done something to her to cause her to faint, and Yuki did not resist in the same manner that Kyon resisted the false Mikuru. Do you sort of see what I'm saying? I feel that without access to her entity, her overall thought processes would become severely impaired. The one (and currently only) fanfiction I made covers roughly what I thought happened to everyone in that instance. Be warned though, I labelled it an M-rated story. I think whatever the ordeal was on Yuki was very rough as I believe Yuki feels very deeply for Kyon...

With that being said, there's something I must confess... I watched the anime before I started reading the light novels, and the light novels blew me away just as much as the anime did... For a really long while, Yuki was my favorite character hands down... I mean seriously. Yuki is a bucket of awesomeness! Can you blame me? But... as I got deeper into the light novels, a certain someone suddenly amplified in the cuteness factor and made me a fan of her... and that person, I feel, would make the cutest girlfriend for Kyon over anyone else. In Yuki's case, I feel that Kyon could only love her so much. I mean you can't really have a successful relationship without full-blown emotions leading the way, right? Also I think Kyon admires Mikuru for her natural beauty and Yuki for her sheer awesomeness... but the story has revealed a couple of times that Kyon's tastes in women were mostly the weird & social. This is what subconsciously attracted Kyon to Haruhi and Sasaki after all. In my book, out of everyone I seen, I think there is clearly one person who is the most compatible with Kyon, and that's none other than the easily amused Junior SOS Brigade Member herself.

12/4/2009 #19
Mare Hiemis

Uwaaaa... What a rant. Applause.

12/6/2009 #20
JTheGreat88

I'm personally Itsuki-Yuki. I love the idea of Itsuki's smile warming up Yuki's cold, robotic heart.

1/10/2010 #21
Mare Hiemis

Mm. I don't see it myself.

1/12/2010 #22
The Hidden Lostar

It's been over a month since I written that rant about Yuki Nagato. It inspired me to create an alternate universe story where Kyon and Yuki Nagato slowly gain feelings for each other. I know the concept has been done before, but I assure you the approach I taken in this matter is pretty 'out there'. It's called 'The Gamma Dimension' if you ran into it before... it's about a month and a week old from the time I posted this... it's been really fun writing it so far and I FINALLY got to the part where the relationship between Kyon and Yuki truly starts to grow. I'm happy the story has gotten to this point. I hope to finish it someday :)

1/18/2010 #23

I'm happy you're enjoying writing, and that my forum assisted in the inspiration.

1/20/2010 #24
rick777

You should read "The disappearance of Nagto Yuki-chan". It's a spinoff manga by Puyo, where Kyon stays in the alternate world for Yuki. And she's just a-do-ra-ble.

BTW, you can read my YukixKyon fanfics, too. I wrote them to make Yuki happy :)

1/23/2010 #25
Trying Too Hard To Be Cool

@ rick777

I am in love with some of your stories, especially The Love Affair of Nagato Yuki. I love it so much because it's so clever! With the time-travelling, use of Older Mikuru and the fact that Yuki becomes human!! And the wedding at the end... God damn it, I love your stories.

- Trying Too Hard To Be Cool x

1/23/2010 #26
The Hidden Lostar

I second that, but I'm liking the Alternate World of Nagato Yuki a little more as I feel it is the more believable of the two.

1/24/2010 #27
Trying Too Hard To Be Cool

@ The Hidden Lostar

I agree it's more believable, but that one's just so damn sweet and romantic!!! :) plus it's in the real world, not the alternate one, so it's interesting that it's not something Nagato created =D

- Trying Too Hard To Be Cool x

1/24/2010 #28
The Hidden Lostar

Yeah, it is more interesting that way. I'm actually making a story like that two except that it takes place during the events of book nine, so I'm also including the anti-SOS Brigade in the fiction. I'm having fun with it. Unfortunately due to some real-life developments I won't be able to update past chapter 14 for a little while. Besides that, I have a little revising I want to do before I move on. But anyways it's called 'the Gamma Dimension' and it caters to Yuki more than anyone.. although I'm giving other people some time to shine too.

1/24/2010 #29

Uwaaa, way to remind me...

1/24/2010 #30
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Crouching Tiger Hidden Shizuru
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member