Literate Union
Sometimes our posts just like to pull a Houdini.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 .. Last Next »
Elizabeth Burke

I think this is the most appropriate thread for my public apology, if it isn't please delete or move it at will. I'm going to get back off the computer immediately after posting and probably won't be back here for a while I figure my mistakes last night are worthy of a self imposed ban so if you'd like to reply, please PM.

I am sorry for the way I handled myself last night. It was indeed inappropriate, and I can say if I had been thinking clearly it would not have happened. I apparently was sufficiently dehydrated, and was running a high fever. I've been treated for both and after rest and proper fluid replacement I'm starting to feel better.

I understand that apologies don't always change things, and I respect if anyone wishes to remain angry.

Thanks for reading.

6/17/2011 #181
swinging from saturn

If this was about that suicide comment, I don't think a ban is necessary. You stopped when you were told it's not a very comfortable subject. You were even sorry.

6/17/2011 #182
Bitter Sea Light

There were very few people in the chat at that moment and very few expressed strong feelings about what you had said. Since you also apologised soon after, this post in here seems kind of moot. Also, don't take what happened as a sign that you shouldn't tell about your problems to anyone; in my opinion you do need some help and guidance, but seeking it from a public forum isn't the wisest of things. A very close friend and in a comfortable/secure environment would be a better choice. That, or someone with a certificate who'd be able to help you get over the things you're facing.

Apologies often work, but too much apologising simply makes people a little annoyed. :)

6/17/2011 #183
Cerulean City

I'll be gone until further notice; I'm pretty sure my computer's dying.

(LOLZ like I've been here anyway. #shot)

6/17/2011 #184
Jebbykins

As of today, I am no longer a high school student. Today begins the rest of my life!

6/17/2011 #185
Sextuple Covalent Mo2 Bond

June 25th, 2011

Another Btasrad sock banned by George for posting links to his forum page on the chat.

George is also leaving for Estonia!

Right, I'm off to the lands of the Estonia to make sweet orgies with the Goddess of Fluffiness and Kittens, AKA, Maria. I shall be home Thursday.

Bye!

Bai, Georgeh!

/George asked me to post this, so yeah~

6/25/2011 . Edited 6/25/2011 #186
Seoul Gamer

June 27th, 2011

The Literate Union is now 1st under General Forums.

6/27/2011 #187

June 28th, 2011

The Literate Union is now #1 in the General category. O_O

6/27/2011 #188
piewacket

June 27th, 2011

The Literate Union is now 1st under General Forums

June 27th, 2011

Kelvin dies from happiness.

6/27/2011 . Edited 6/27/2011 #189
Bitter Sea Light

The banning mod didn't document it for some reason, so here it is:

June 30th, 2011

Crouching Tiger Hidden Shizuru was permabanned because...

She was borderline trolling and it got annoying eventually. :P There was talk of how America sucks (a pretty stupid thing to discuss the way she did and with a bunch of Americans around, I think) and stuff about discrimination and she generally had an attitude. Even after several warnings to tone it down a little she continued with the snarky attitude towards the regs. And it's not wise to do that in a newbie status. :P

In my opinion, she wasn't trying to troll us (play!trolled us just to prove a point with some posts), but it did come off as such.

---page #78, post #3898 in Chat 46 Lives for Summer

Side account, Verpa banned for continued disrespect and evading the original ban.

7/1/2011 . Edited by Lord Kelvin, 7/1/2011 #190
Bitter Sea Light

July 15th, 2011

Everything movies/TV-shows etc., feel free to discuss in...

http://forum.fanfiction.net/topic/61196/45661192/1/

:3

7/15/2011 #191
Aeikon Devleon

JULY 28th, 2011

My Hotmail has been hacked and I noticed some messages has been sent to you guys, don't open any messages from Darkwatch20@hotmail

8/4/2011 . Edited 8/4/2011 #192
Aeikon Devleon

August 26, 2011

As of right this second, I'm no longer a civilian. I'm currently in the Active Reserves, until the day of my shipping. When I become a full fledge Airman.

8/26/2011 #193
Georgasaurus

29th August 2011

Lord Kelvin has demodded himself. You served us well, Lord Kelvin. Now enjoy your responsibility-free time at the forum. ^_^

8/29/2011 #194
Bitter Sea Light

August 29th, 2011

Kelvin demodded himself. Why? If he'll give you a reply, good for you, but if not...continue that lovely life of blissful ignorance and speculations. :3

8/29/2011 #195
Georgasaurus

6th September, 2011

Kelvin was banned by AD for refusing to back up his fanboying elitism regarding PCs over consoles. However, I am going to lift Kelvin's ban because it is silly and simply 'teaching him a lesson.' And because we would have all raged at him had he done it to someone else.

However, let it be known that Kelvin can't back up his fanboy spewing over computers and so we should probably just ignore him next time he goes off on one about consoles. We all know he'll be talking bullshit anyway.

9/6/2011 #196
Bitter Sea Light

September 7th, 2011

Horrorland man was banned today for five days for being a bad troll and not offering enough lulz. :(

9/7/2011 . Edited 9/7/2011 #197
Aeikon Devleon

September 13, 2011

I just got a call from my recruiter. I have a job, I'm leaving for basic December 27!

9/13/2011 . Edited 9/13/2011 #198
Bitter Sea Light

spritekitty has been banned for seven days for going against the forum's rules and annoying me.

9/26/2011 #199
Cerulean City

September 28, 2011

Blake half-bakes a thread and the whole world goes postal.

9/29/2011 #200

October 9th, 2011

Modded. I hope to serve the LU as best as I can~

10/9/2011 #201
Georgasaurus

14th October, 2011

AD has been temporarily demodded for two weeks for deleting 10,000 of Lord Kelvin's posts. The only reason he has not been permanently demodded is because Lord Kelvin himself had plenty of his own chances over the course of his modship, and because this wasn't a simple black and white case of dickishness. Kelvin purposefully goaded AD and thus suffered the consequences. That being said, I've no time for moderators who are so susceptible to someone being a prick that they'll delete 10,000 posts without even fucking warning me beforehand.

If AD still wants his position back at the end of his demod period, he can have it. If not, we'll likely be looking for another mod to fill his shoes.

One more thing: this decision was not made due to any comment or complaint made in the Chat or Pub threads. When the incident happened, it was 5am and I was barely keeping my eyes open. Same goes for Maria. We were in no position to be discussing the finer details and deciding what should happen to AD. Now that we've actually both had some sleep, we could reasonably discuss the situation and come to a fair decision.

Please keep in mind our time zones next time before you bitch about us. :P

10/14/2011 #202
Bitter Sea Light

October 10th, 2011

We need more tits on the modbar. So...Tallz has been modded. :D She'll stay a mod even if AD takes his position back (and I hope he will).

10/14/2011 #203
Georgasaurus

25th October 2011

Ohai, everyone. Lots of news to discuss today!

Firstly, yay, LU Birthday! Happy two years, everyone!

On a less happy note, onoes, D-Day thread! Mucho drama and bullshit and overreactions.

I would like to apologise to you all that the thread even came into existence. I can't speak for anyone else involved in this; only myself.

Personally, I do not regret my actions against Kelvin. The shit that's been going on had built up a lot of tension and frustration for me, to the point where I would have happily throttled Kelvin had he been in the same room with me at the time. Now that I've done my bit, I feel calm and at peace.

However, as an admin...yes, I regret it.

I regret that I allowed my personal feelings cloud my judgement and dictate my actions. I regret that I allowed the situation to reach the point it did in the first place. I regret that because Kelvin was beating me over the head to try and make me see my mistakes instead of letting me figure them out on my own, I resisted trying to see sense and make the best decisions for the forum rather than myself. I regret that I failed, as an admin, to handle this in a sensible and logical manner. I regret that I let you all down.

I am sorry that this has happened, and I will try to do better for you and the forum as an admin from now on.

Now I am moving onto the Pub to rewrite the rules. I'll be posting them in the Pub for you to make your own opinion on them and whether they seem fair to you or not. Hopefully we can come to an agreement that will stop something like this happening again.

LU~

10/25/2011 #204
Cerulean City
28th October 2011 Blake will be away on vacation until Tuesday. ...for some reason the formatting of this post is all fucked up.
10/28/2011 . Edited 10/28/2011 #205
Georgasaurus

AD, you massive faggot, here's your mod code:

Invite Code: 77201

Never seen one with all numbers before.

10/29/2011 #206
Georgasaurus

30th October 2011

http://forum.fanfiction.net/topic/61196/49991751/59/#51706052

Proposed Pub rules. Please read over and debate~

10/30/2011 #207
Georgasaurus

26th November 2011

Horror has been banned forever for being a spamming twat and breaking the forum page with his spamming. His posts in that thread have all been deleted (all four, onoes!) to try and fix said broken page.

11/26/2011 #208
bloodbuzz

2 December 2011

FFN has added a new option to its login menu. You can now added (up to) two back-up e-mails, in the off-chance that you lose access to your e-mail account and your password. Also, reading the paragraph (which can be viewed in the screenshot) might help. XD

http://i42.tinypic.com/2nl9ruc.png

12/2/2011 #209
Elise the Jack

2 December 2011

Forum has been renamed Skyrim Union.

Not sure how long this will last, but it's hilarious.

Edit: As of Sunday December 4, 2011, forum has been renamed to Literate Union.

12/2/2011 . Edited 12/4/2011 #210
« Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Georgasaurus Ten ways to spoil dinner, Bitter Sea Light
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member