Literate Union
Sometimes our posts just like to pull a Houdini.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »
Kingdom Hearts 3D rocks

Well after the Breaking Dawn movie (which will probably be worse than the book if the book is bad), the fad will probably die slowly until it is eventually forgotten in 10 years time.

In any case, the fact that Edward is a creepy, manipulative, controlling overprotective stalker remains unchanged.

10/25/2010 #91
Hamfast Gamgee

Has anyone seen a movie called, 'Vampires suck?' I think a Vampire paradoy is long overdue, but I don't know if this particular film is any good!

10/26/2010 #92
Lord Kelvin

I have. It's worth renting.

10/26/2010 #93
lisaflorence16

I am a Twilight fan to be honest but I have to say it pisses me the hell off that my stinking library has 4 copies of twilight, 3 of new moon, 3 of eclipse and 2 of breaking dawn (Ichecked one day when i was in a bit of a mood...) and only one copy of anything else that is available!!

10/26/2010 #94
Lord Kelvin

only one copy of anything else that is available!!

I laughed.

10/27/2010 #95
Kingdom Hearts 3D rocks

You have to wonder if you see a sane Twilight fan when they say they like Twilight but are mad at the fact that there are more copies of Twilight and its sequel books in the library that they go to than any other book.

10/28/2010 #96
Lord Kelvin

It's like drug addictions. You might love drugs, but hate it when others are using them. Like, you have a right to harm yourself while others shouldn't.

10/28/2010 #97
Kingdom Hearts 3D rocks

At least the person wasn't cursing this thread out using extremely bad spelling.

10/28/2010 #98
Lord Kelvin

I wonder what would Meyer's funeral look like.

10/28/2010 #99
Kingdom Hearts 3D rocks

It would probably include sparkly roses. Her coffin would probably be sparkly too. Stephenie Meyer is her own greatest fan, from what I read on the internet.

10/28/2010 . Edited 10/28/2010 #100
Lord Kelvin

Neon coffin lining.

Is there a vampire theme park?

10/28/2010 #101
Kingdom Hearts 3D rocks

I don't think there is. Let's face it though: Twilight raped vampires. Brutally. Vampires in "Dracula The Undead" by Dacre Stoker and Ian Holt are more like vampires than those sparkly pussies in Meyer's books.

10/28/2010 #102
Lord Kelvin

Real vampires used to represent some form of curse or punishment for sins, and how generations upon generations are paying the price.

Nowadays, these books are all about release. Since political correctness has gone overboard, talking about magic can get you excommunicated for religious slander. Likewise, everyone into dark themes is officially a fetishist and a deviant. The first is a definite compensation for kids, who don't get enough imagination stimuli from TV or the internet. The fact money rules things and creates hypes for some books may be beneficial in the case of free field magic. Sure, if you had money to market poets or classics, they'd be hip as well, but marketing labels them as "boring", so the real deal is missing. Therefore, surrogate works for kids.

As for the latter, vampires. I've read a paper about it being a release of self-destructive sentiment. Political correctness among other social norms forces people to hide certain dysfunctions or even feasible character traits out of paranoia. It increases the rate of suicide. Reading a book about romanticisation of corruption or stalking, whatever, lets those people see others go through their troubles and get destroyed. Sort of, someone died, so the reader doesn't have to find a rope.

Twilight is like crap; it was born out of necessity.

10/28/2010 #103
Kingdom Hearts 3D rocks

Even Robert Pattinson doesn't like Twilight, he said it was "like reading her wet dream" or something similar to those words.

Vampires should not sparkle, under any means. Vampires that sleep in coffins during the day and burn in sunlight are the awesome vampires. Sparklepires that drink animal blood are pussys, in my opinion.

I think what you said is that real vampires seemed to be a kind of replacement torture for Hell, in a way.

10/28/2010 #104
Lord Kelvin

Sparklepires that drink animal blood are

An insult to animal rights activists. Seriously, it's totally wrong to cull a person, but you might as well poach several deer, bears and other endangered species. It's like saying "we're saving 50 pandas at the price of 50,000 trouts 'cause pandas are kyoote."

real vampires seemed to be a kind of replacement torture for Hell

I have Bram Stoker's Dracula somewhere, but haven't read it yet. It's not the easiest book and you need a specific mood for it.

10/28/2010 #105
Madame Apathy

Just a thought- if the meyerpires sparkle in sunlight because of a substance in their cells harder than diamonds, why don't they turn to stone in the light?

10/28/2010 . Edited 10/28/2010 #106
Kingdom Hearts 3D rocks

That is a good question. I don't have an answer for that.

10/28/2010 #107
Madame Apathy

That would have been a brilliant trait for them. :)

Still, it's obvious she did no research for it. There's so many medical fails in that book.

10/28/2010 #108
SeoulGamer

Twilight makes money. That's just about all the merit it has.

10/28/2010 #109
Kingdom Hearts 3D rocks

Well, the only merit it has besides having so many biology and medical fails in it.

10/28/2010 #110
rapturingwinter

Stephanie Meyer said the idea for Twilight came to her in a dream.

She must of had too much beer, the rich bitch.

10/31/2010 #111
Kingdom Hearts 3D rocks

It's almost as if Meyer had the female equivalent of a wet dream that night.

Twilight books suck. They are shit, boring, glorified fanfictions.

10/31/2010 #112
Bitter Sea Light

Seems appropriate somehow. :D

11/1/2010 #113
Kingdom Hearts 3D rocks

You could try emailing that to Stephenie Meyer and tell her "this is what REAL vampires look like!"

Just a thought. :D

11/1/2010 #114
Bitter Sea Light

Are you kidding? DB I might end up like George that way...! I don't want to get stuck in Twilight... D;

11/1/2010 #115
Kingdom Hearts 3D rocks

Uh, I think the only way you would get stuck in Twilight is if you wrote a fanfiction about it.

11/1/2010 #116
Bitter Sea Light

Don't look at my fandom in that case. ;)

11/1/2010 #117
Kingdom Hearts 3D rocks

What is the Icon supposed to be, anyway?

11/1/2010 #118
Bitter Sea Light

Care to explain things a bit? :P

11/1/2010 #119
Kingdom Hearts 3D rocks

I was asking about your Avatar, but I see it's supposed to be a white kitten staring through a doorway (I think it's a doorway...). Kittens are just so cuuuuute!

11/1/2010 #120
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Georgasaurus Ten ways to spoil dinner, Bitter Sea Light
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member