Literate Union
Sometimes our posts just like to pull a Houdini.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Lord Kelvin

This thread is for hardcore gamers, manga readers, anime snatchers and IT junkies.

Unveil the full depth of your obsessions.

3/8/2011 . Edited 7/2/2011 #1
Tallz Is De Langste Ster

Hello, thread.

I have decided to steal this first post for the greater good. Now, I'm not entirely sure what the greater good is just yet, but I'm sure I will be once I have finished typing.

I came into this thread because Flutterby posted something which looked a lot like a challenge to me, so here we are! I shall now 'say it to your face', dear thread:

I dislike you. I like delicious, moist apples, but I detest you and your fake Apple. 'Apple' has stolen the name of a fruit I hold very dear to me.

I have decided on the greater good. The greater good is me.

Good day, thread.

3/8/2011 #2
Sextuple Covalent Mo2 Bond

Microsoft makes awesome web browsers.

Not really. Google, makers of Android OS, won that trophy.

Microsoft wins in the personal computing industry, while Apple has the mobile devices like the iPad and iPod/iPhone.

Seriously. :K Bloody Safari and it's multiple crashes.

3/8/2011 #3
SeoulGamer

I paid over a hundred euro for my iPod nano, only to find you can get an identical generic branded device from Aldi for just thirty-four euros.

-__-

3/8/2011 #4
whisperasweknowit

In my opinion, Apple computers are pretty and expensive computers that are twice as likely to break.

3/8/2011 #5

In my opinion, Apple computers are pretty and expensive computers that are twice as likely to break.

They have less resources for more money. The colour white makes them look cheap, too... 3/8/2011 #6
SeoulGamer

They have less resources for more money. The colour white makes them look cheap, too...

I admit that I just dig the look of those computers. :P

3/8/2011 #7

Why? DX

Well, I do like the Apple MiniMac. It seems very interesting. Like I said, their mobile devices are the shit.

You only got a Nano? Was it a 6th-gen touch-Nano? Those are fun.

3/8/2011 #8
SeoulGamer

Why? DX

Because I'm shallow. Still wouldn't pay for one, mind.

You only got a Nano? Was it a 6th-gen touch-Nano? Those are fun

Nope, this is a lame touch-wheel one from two years ago. :D

3/8/2011 #9

Because I'm shallow. Still wouldn't pay for one, mind.

I might be interested enough to purchase a MiniMac. They're only in the $600 range, though I'd much more likely purchase the new iPad.

Ew. 4th generation ones. DX

You should've gotten an iPod touch. They're fun to play with.

3/8/2011 #10
SeoulGamer

I might be interested enough to purchase a MiniMac. They're only in the $600 range, though I'd much more likely purchase the new iPad.

Except that you have to buy the screen and keyboard, too. Buy the screen from Apple and it costs more than the computer itself. XP

3/8/2011 #11

Except that you have to buy the screen and keyboard, too. Buy the screen from Apple and it costs more than the computer itself. XP

I think it's worth it. Grab a non-Apple monitor and keyboard, it'll be just fine. 3/8/2011 #12
SeoulGamer

I think it's worth it. Grab a non-Apple monitor and keyboard, it'll be just fine

I still reckon the low-end iMac is a better deal. You get more storage and processor power.

3/8/2011 #13

Um... iMacs start at some $1199...

3/8/2011 #14
SeoulGamer

Um... iMacs start at some $1199...

Hey, I've no brain for economics, so don't mind me.

3/8/2011 #15

Though the iPad is the choice for many school districts as an ebook reader, even. I don't see the Apple legacy stopping-- or passing up Microsoft-- anytime soon.

3/8/2011 #16
Aquaman52

They're expensive because they don't break. Microsoft shit is guaranteed to start falling apart for a year. Need I say "Red Ring of Death"? Or go through my whole Xbox Live rant again?

Halo: Reach is the only reason I even tolerate using Microsoft products anymore. Word works better on my MacBook anyway.

3/8/2011 #17
Silver-hair Angel

They're expensive because they don't break. Microsoft shit is guaranteed to start falling apart for a year. Need I say "Red Ring of Death"? Or go through my whole Xbox Live rant again?

Both Macs and PCs will break if you drop it from a decent height on a hard surface. Now, software is another issue entirely. Microsoft is prone to more viruses and security issues than Apple.

3/8/2011 #18
Aquaman52

Both Macs and PCs will break if you drop it from a decent height on a hard surface.

*sagenod*

Although apparently, a Gamecube won't. Nintendo FTW?

Now, software is another issue entirely. Microsoft is prone to more viruses and security issues than Apple.

Not to mention all the little hidden fees and subtle money-grubbing techniques Microsoft always uses...like, for example, how they'll continue to let your XBL Gold account remain active for another month after you stop paying (even if it's because you've disabled the entire credit card paying for the account), but they'll continue to charge you for that month, so eventually they get to shut down your account because they conveniently forgot to mention that, oh hey, you actually own them money you never meant to pay them now because changing your payment options for a Microsoft service is just slightly more difficult than invading China with six boxes of firecrackers and a BB gun.

Apple products are expensive, but at least they don't try to hide it from you. You pay what the price says, and you get what you pay for.

...oh, and I haven't even gotten started on how blatantly Windows 7 is just a very poorly disguised ripoff of all the good features of a Mac computer. Like the Dock, for instance. I just about threw a chair through my TV screen when I saw that preachy ad with that D-bag saying he "invented" the idea that Microsoft then stole.

3/8/2011 #19
Aeikon Devleon

Dude, a Gameboy brick survived a bombing! And it is still fucking playable!

3/8/2011 #20
Silver-hair Angel

Besides Pokémon and Wii Sports, I couldn't give a shit about Nintendo. Know why the Wii was so successful when it came out? It was hundreds of dollars cheaper than the PS3 ($600+ and bullet wounds, my ass) and the 360. Wii capitalized and got a few loyal customers out of it.

Sony, FTW. :D

Not to mention all the little hidden fees and subtle money-grubbing techniques Microsoft always uses...like, for example, how they'll continue to let your XBL Gold account remain active for another month after you stop paying (even if it's because you've disabled the entire credit card paying for the account), but they'll continue to charge you for that month, so eventually they get to shut down your account because they conveniently forgot to mention that, oh hey, you actually own them money you never meant to pay them now because changing your payment options for a Microsoft service is just slightly more difficult than invading China with six boxes of firecrackers and a BB gun.

Microsoft is very good at seducing money out of its consumers. People flocked to the stores to get Windows 7. To this day, they're still working out kinks in the system. Meanwhile, I think Vista still has updates available, although that's about to stop pretty soon if it hasn't already. Microsoft marketed Windows 7 on the premise that it's so much better than Vista; the same was done with Vista regarding XP, etc. These people are willing to toss out their current systems, even though they can still update it and keep it around for a good two-three years, just to jump onto the latest OS that will have a ton of problems and shit earlier on. And once they do, more kinks will be revealed and they'll capitalize on that.

I've only recently gotten Windows 7. I already knew the deal. *shrug*

...oh, and I haven't even gotten started on how blatantly Windows 7 is just a very poorly disguised ripoff of all the good features of a Mac computer. Like the Dock, for instance. I just about threw a chair through my TV screen when I saw that preachy ad with that D-bag saying he "invented" the idea that Microsoft then stole.

Windows 7 isn't as extraordinary as it was made out to be.

3/8/2011 #21
Aquaman52

Besides Pokémon and Wii Sports, I couldn't give a shit about Nintendo. Know why the Wii was so successful when it came out? It was hundreds of dollars cheaper than the PS3 ($600+ and bullet wounds, my ass) and the 360. Wii capitalized and got a few loyal customers out of it.

It also helped that they catered almost purely to the casual gaming audiences who wouldn't know a great game if it smacked their ass and slept with their mothers. Wii Play dominated the sales chart for over two years...I think it's still up there, actually. Gimmick + gimmicky games = ca$h.

Sony, FTW. :D

YES. I WANT A PS3 SO FUCKING BAD.

Seriously. If Halo: Reach wasn't Xbox-exclusive, I would already be rid of the thing and be playing Black Ops on Playstation. That's literally the only thing holding me back.

Microsoft is very good at seducing money out of its consumers. People flocked to the stores to get Windows 7. To this day, they're still working out kinks in the system.

I always think of the Apple/Microsoft dynamic as being akin to Bungie versus Infinity Ward. Bungie got their shit together and put their entire multiplayer system through a massive beta test before they even released the game, while IW just sorta tossed Modern Warfare 2 to the masses with a "fuck it, we'll fix the bugs later once our swimming pools are full of money". Windows and Call of Duty are both more popular with the masses; I prefer to buy thing that had a great deal of work put into them, look sexy, and actually work consistently.

3/8/2011 #22
Silver-hair Angel

It also helped that they catered almost purely to the casual gaming audiences who wouldn't know a great game if it smacked their ass and slept with their mothers.

Well, you also have the crazy ass Zelda fan boys who insist that Zelda is the greatest game evar. Plus, they continue to molest the pockets of Mario fans who have not yet gotten the message that every fucking installment, even with a motion controller, is exactly the same shit every single time; only difference is that the graphics look more and more like multiple Skittles factories exploded.

Wii Play dominated the sales chart for over two years...I think it's still up there, actually. Gimmick + gimmicky games = ca$h.

Yeah; with Wii Fit, these guys are cashing in. Like I said, if not for Wii Sports, I wouldn't even give it the time of day.

YES. I WANT A PS3 SO FUCKING BAD.

Dude. It's only a little over three hundred now. Or you can get a pre-owned system from Gamestop and it comes out even cheaper if you have that rewards card. Go get one. If you want the backwards-capability one, however (though they are so fucking hard to find), it's the same price as a new PS3. I have one now after months of looking.

Sony, I love you, but if the PS4 comes out with no backwards-capability mechanism, I will douse my PS3 games with gasoline, steal a jet, set all of the games on fire, and bomb your mother-base from above. Seriously.

Seriously. If Halo: Reach wasn't Xbox-exclusive, I would already be rid of the thing and be playing Black Ops on Playstation. That's literally the only thing holding me back.

Hah, Microsoft will never give up the rights to Halo. Ever. Nor should they, I think. I'm a bit miffed that when FFXIII came out, it was also released for the Xbox 360. Hello, Sony, keep a few games exclusively on the PS3. Gawd.

I always think of the Apple/Microsoft dynamic as being akin to Bungie versus Infinity Ward. Bungie got their shit together and put their entire multiplayer system through a massive beta test before they even released the game, while IW just sorta tossed Modern Warfare 2 to the masses with a "fuck it, we'll fix the bugs later once our swimming pools are full of money". Windows and Call of Duty are both more popular with the masses; I prefer to buy thing that had a great deal of work put into them, look sexy, and actually work consistently.

Microsoft has yet to shake that attitude and I doubt if they ever will; earns them more money to release a faulty system and rape people's pockets to get it fixed than to release something error-free from the get-go.

3/8/2011 . Edited 3/8/2011 #23
Ten ways to spoil dinner

Well, you also have the crazy ass Zelda fan boys who insist that Zelda is the greatest game evar.I'm a crazy Zelda fan, and I take offence to that. Because I'm not stupid enough to insist any game is the greatest ever. Games are about taste, and anyone who says any game is the best is an idiot ^^

Hah, Microsoft will never give up the rights to Halo. Ever. Nor should they, I think. I'm a bit miffed that when FFXIII came out, it was also released for the Xbox 360. Hello, Sony, keep a few games exclusively on the PS3. Gawd.

Shouldn't expect the FF series to stay with Sony, exclusively. They were also with Nintendo, after all. Final Fantasy is the whore of the video game world ;P

3/8/2011 #24
Aquaman52

Games are about taste, and anyone who says any game is the best is an idiot ^^

Can I say that a game is one of the best ever? Like Bioshock, for example?

3/8/2011 #25
Ten ways to spoil dinner

Yes. As long as you don't insist it and bash anyone who disagrees :P

3/8/2011 #26
Silver-hair Angel

Shouldn't expect the FF series to stay with Sony, exclusively. They were also with Nintendo, after all. Final Fantasy is the whore of the video game world ;P

Yeah, I know, but the installments for Nintendo didn't cut into any other console's earnings.

Financially, I see why FFXIII was released for both systems. Earns more money for SE, of course. But as a jealous Sony fan, I resent it. Sony basically had the majority of the main game installments to itself for years. :D

I'm a crazy Zelda fan, and I take offence to that. Because I'm not stupid enough to insist any game is the greatest ever. Games are about taste, and anyone who says any game is the best is an idiot ^^

Please tell that to the FFVII fan boys. Stop asking for a remake. It's not happening anytime soon.

3/8/2011 #27
Silver-hair Angel

Yes. As long as you don't insist it and bash anyone who disagrees :P

Bioshock...! ♥♥♥

That game terrified the shit out of me a few times, but still.

3/8/2011 #28
Ten ways to spoil dinner

Financially, I see why FFXIII was released for both systems. Earns more money for SE, of course. But as a jealous Sony fan, I resent it. Sony basically had the majority of the main game installments to itself for years. :D

I say chill~ As long as you can play the games, play. It still came out for it, after all :P

I don't have a PS3, but my brother has a 360, so I've been playing FFXIII on it... honestly, I have mixed feelings. I love RPGs, but the cut scenes are fucking long, and the voice acting, to me, just seems horrible :\ Or maybe it's just the dialogue. I like some of the characters voices, but the lines, at times...

Please tell that to the FFVII fan boys. Stop asking for a remake. It's not happening anytime soon.

FFVII fans can be horrible, can't they. But hilarious when you see youtube videos of them bashing other games. Actually, any person bashing other videos is hilarious :D The less reason, the more hilarious.

Or, even better, when a professional game reviewer (well, 'professional') starts bashing stuff XD

That game terrified the shit out of me a few times, but still.

I haven't been actually scared by a game in forever :\ It kinda sucks. I've gone from being easy to scare (couldn't play Resident Evil XD) to being impossible to scare.

3/8/2011 #29
Aquaman52

I haven't been actually scared by a game in forever :\ It kinda sucks.

Go get Amnesia: The Dark Descent. I swear to God, I will never be frightened by any game again, because none of them could possibly top that. I was in a cold sweat at least once per playing session. X_X

3/8/2011 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Georgasaurus Ten ways to spoil dinner, Bitter Sea Light
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member