Literate Union
Sometimes our posts just like to pull a Houdini.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »
Aeikon Devleon

The old game?

No, it was the one before Manhatten Project. Duke Nukem had to be the funnest FPS of it's time.

Also, you are reminding me of my collection of Window 95 and DOS games I still have. :P

9/21/2011 #301
Exile Mean Opiate

http://70(.)38(.)122(.)100/en/about

Found a site where you can get them old games. :3

EDIT: First time the forum ate a link... :/ Just remove the brackets~

No, it was the one before Manhatten Project. Duke Nukem had to be the funnest FPS of it's time.

As much as I've seen Duke Nukem, the old versions were quite good. :3

Also, you are reminding me of my collection of Window 95 and DOS games I still have. :P

:D

I'm feeling slightly nostalgic... :P

9/21/2011 . Edited 9/21/2011 #302
Aeikon Devleon

EDIT: First time the forum ate a link... :/ Just remove the brackets~

It's an IP address FFN blocks those.

I usually don't like using addresses like those because, most of the time, they are privet servers; in the sense that the server is sitting in someone's basement. More security issues with that then I'd care to think about.

I like using www.theoldcomputer.com, if it exist, it's there, literally. You can even find non-English versions of games on that site.

I'm feeling slightly nostalgic... :P

I have an urge to play Magic Carpet 2, now. :P

9/21/2011 . Edited 9/21/2011 #303
Exile Mean Opiate

I usually don't like using addresses like those because, most of the time, they are privet servers; in the sense that the server is sitting in someone's basement. More security issues with that then I'd care to think about.

*noddles* I was wondering if there could be an issue with that... :-?

I like using www.theoldcomputer.com, if it exist, it's there, literally. You can even find non-English versions of games on that site.

That's pretty neat. :D

I have an urge to play Magic Carpet 3, now. :P

What's that? :3

9/21/2011 #304
Aeikon Devleon

What's that? :3

You play as a carpet riding wizard, in a fantasy world. In each level, you have to build up your castle, and collect mana for more powerful spells; which you find by defeating other wizards.

The game is amazing, especially on later levels; when you are caught in a three-way battle between extremely powerful wizards. The A.I. is impressive, even for modern standards, and it had the best graphics of it's time.

9/21/2011 #305
Exile Mean Opiate

Hurrrm... GoG actually comes up when you type in 'gog.com'. No idea where I took that server IP... :-?

You play as a carpet riding wizard, in a fantasy world. In each level, you have to build up your castle, and collect mana for more powerful spells; which you find by defeating other wizards.

The game is amazing, especially on later levels; when you are caught in a three-way battle between extremely powerful wizards. The A.I. is impressive, even for modern standards, and it had the best graphics of it's time.

That's pretty neat. :3

9/21/2011 #306
Aeikon Devleon

Hurrrm... GoG actually comes up when you type in 'gog.com'. No idea where I took that server IP... :-?

Lulz, I think you found a mirror.

9/21/2011 #307
petrochemicals

The Haswell microarchitecture by Intel, slated to succeed the Ivy Bridge, which, in turn, will replace Sandy Bridge later this year, will bring improved power management enabling it to run on solar power alone without a battery while maintaining reasonable processing power.

I'll be quite saddened when the industry hits the wall that doesn't allow pathways to get smaller than a few nanometres. Perhaps quantum computing will bring a whole another sort of computing in a few decades.

9/21/2011 #308
Aeikon Devleon

The Haswell microarchitecture by Intel, slated to succeed the Ivy Bridge, which, in turn, will replace Sandy Bridge later this year, will bring improved power management enabling it to run on solar power alone without a battery while maintaining reasonable processing power.

Making a processor that borderlines a quantum chip run on solar power? That sci-fi shit, right there.

I'll be quite saddened when the industry hits the wall that doesn't allow pathways to get smaller than a few nanometres. Perhaps quantum computing will bring a whole another sort of computing in a few decades.

They already have prototypes, they are just trying to figure out how to have it not destroy itself in temperatures above 30 Kelvin. XP

9/21/2011 #309
Lord Kelvin

You can have a solar-powered laptop right now...Chinese stores are full of solar panel racks for gadgets.

9/21/2011 #310
Aeikon Devleon

You can have a solar-powered laptop right now...Chinese stores are full of solar panel racks for gadgets.

I guess you haven't heard of the Sandy Bridge. Think of the Blue Gene supercomputer packed into one processor.

9/21/2011 #311
Lord Kelvin

I guess you haven't heard of the Sandy Bridge. Think of the Blue Gene supercomputer packed into one processor.

Yeah. Intel's made 10 GHz monocores without setting the lab on fire. As much as I'd love to have such a processor (biased against multi-cores), the chances are as high as me flying to the moon in the next five years.

I'd rather hear about nerd news I can use. This is virtual window shopping, anyway.

9/21/2011 #312
Aeikon Devleon

Yeah. Intel's made 10 GHz monocores without setting the lab on fire. As much as I'd love to have such a processor (biased against multi-cores), the chances are as high as me flying to the moon in the next five years.

This made me laugh. XD

I'd rather hear about nerd news I can use. This is virtual window shopping, anyway.

Once quantum computers becomes a PC reality, it'll be affordable in probably months. So, I think this qualifies. :P

9/21/2011 #313
Lord Kelvin

So, I think this qualifies. :P

I want to power my microwave with a small black hole. Perpetual energy and stuff. They're already making those in the LHC, so I might as well expect one delivered to my door before Samsung announces their next smartphone line.

9/21/2011 #314
Aeikon Devleon

I want to power my microwave with a small black hole. Perpetual energy and stuff. They're already making those in the LHC, so I might as well expect one delivered to my door before Samsung announces their next smartphone line.

Okay, okay. I get your point.

Got a good laugh out of that. XD

9/21/2011 #315
Lord Kelvin

I was serious about the black hole, though. Could have it deliver energy while lying in the waste bin. Think of the savings! I feed it trash and it gives off kindness in the form of electricity.

9/21/2011 #316
Aeikon Devleon

I was serious about the black hole, though. Could have it deliver energy while lying in the waste bin. Think of the savings! I feed it trash and it gives off kindness in the form of electricity.

You'd have to make sure it doesn't stabilize or destabilize too much. You'd be feeding your generator your whole kitchen.

9/21/2011 . Edited 9/21/2011 #317
Lord Kelvin

You'd have to make sure it doesn't stabilize or destabilize too much. You'd be feeding your generator your whole kitchen.

You're right. It's best we just build a power plant that can swallow lightning bolts.

9/21/2011 #318
Aeikon Devleon

You're right. It's best we just build a power plant that can swallow lightning bolts.

Or build one around the sun. By that time, we'd be destroying other planets for materials, so I think it's possible.

Until then, we could create a miniature star.

9/21/2011 #319
Lord Kelvin

Until then, we could create a miniature star.

I suppose Elvis was an asteroid.

9/21/2011 #320
Aeikon Devleon

I suppose Elvis was an asteroid.

He did leave a big impact, destroying himself in the process; you still see peaces of him every once in a while.

9/21/2011 #321
Lord Kelvin

Acorn, you may want to read the blog of Amnesia devs:

http://frictionalgames.blogspot.com/

An info note to infidels on what's Amnesia about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOkX53_ba6U

9/21/2011 #322
Aeikon Devleon

Acorn, you may want to read the blog of Amnesia devs:

http://frictionalgames.blogspot.com/

I think a selling through virtual means is the smartest thing to do. Popularity skyrockets when people start talking about a small game they found online.

Plus, I hope, with this new found popularity, this company doesn't give into the flow of the industry's interest.

9/21/2011 #323
Lord Kelvin

They're already intending to make a low-fi console port to spread their risks.

Nyuk.

9/21/2011 #324
Aeikon Devleon

They're already intending to make a low-fi console port to spread their risks.

Half the video game population plays on a console, it's more like a necessity.

---

What I meant was, not market it, like some of the big names.

Scion went with that approach, and they have one of the highest sells for cars.

9/21/2011 . Edited 9/21/2011 #325
Lord Kelvin

Half the video game population plays on a console

And all of them use Linux.

9/21/2011 #326
Aeikon Devleon

And all of them use Linux.

If I could put Linux on my 360 without having to add hardware, I'd do it. :P

9/21/2011 #327
Lord Kelvin

If I could put Linux on my 360 without having to add hardware, I'd do it. :P

My TV uses Linux. 'Enthusiasts' say I should bomb it with trojan horses, and it'll have increased functionality.

I strongly support PC exclusives. There is a sense of loyalty that rewards you with a premium. Though, I understand design choices of companies like Sega to dump the PC altogether as far as Sonic games are concerned.

9/21/2011 #328
Aeikon Devleon

My TV uses Linux. 'Enthusiasts' say I should bomb it with trojan horses, and it'll have increased functionality.

.Exe doesn't work on Linux, and if you get a program to run it, only the program is infected. XP

I strongly support PC exclusives. There is a sense of loyalty that rewards you with a premium. Though, I understand design choices of companies like Sega to dump the PC altogether as far as Sonic games are concerned.

PC exclusive games seriously limit the market. Not everyone wants to upgrade their computer each time a new generation of video games come out. Consoles are, in TB's words, "a convenience."

I'm saying that in the same air as a chief would talk about a microwave vs. a range.

9/21/2011 . Edited 9/21/2011 #329
Lord Kelvin

PC exclusive games seriously limit the market.

What do you mean when you say 'market'?

9/21/2011 #330
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Georgasaurus Ten ways to spoil dinner, Bitter Sea Light
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member