Literate Union
Sometimes our posts just like to pull a Houdini.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »
Aeikon Devleon

^ I thought Dragon Age was also on the PS3?

Actually, a few on that list is both. XD

At any rate, quality does trump quantity. You're right. But, seems to me that you've already committed to the idea that all PS games suck and that 360 is infinitely better.

I'll take PS3 over 360 any day, but I can fully admit that there are dozens of quality games on the 360-- possibly more than PS3. I wouldn't know; I haven't played them all.

No, I'm not saying that I know for certain that all games on the PS3 suck, there are definitely games that I enjoy on that console. I'm just saying that I tend to enjoy Xbox 360 games more.

This is my opinion of the consoles highly condensed: Playsation is a amazing media console, Xbox is a amazing game console.

3/9/2011 #61
Silver-hair Angel

No, I'm not saying that I know for certain that all games on the PS3 suck, there are definitely games that I enjoy on that console. I'm just saying that I tend to enjoy Xbox 360 games more.

This is my opinion of the consoles highly condensed: Playsation is a amazing media console, Xbox is a amazing game console.

That's cool. I think they're both amazing, I just tend to like PS3 more. :D

To say that one is better over the other can't really be verified; it's a matter of opinion.

3/9/2011 #62
Aeikon Devleon

To say that one is better over the other can't really be verified; it's a matter of opinion.

True; although, you can argue this with specs. :K

Xboxwinsatgraphics~ 8K

3/9/2011 #63
Silver-hair Angel

True; although, you can argue this with specs. :K

Xboxwinsatgraphics~ 8K

I'll give Xbox that. *shrug* The games for both systems that I have played looked better on the 360.

3/9/2011 #64
Aquaman52

"HI, I'M 12 YEARS OLD AND MY BALLS HAVEN'T DROPPED YET AND I LIKE TO SCCCRRREEEAMMMM AA LLLOOOTTT!!!! OMG GUAISE, THERE KILLING ME! AAAGGHH!"

I get those kids on Black Ops too. COD's more popular with the masses, so I'd think there'd be puberty-lacking little kids on there.

There needs to be a name for the correlation between availability of voice chat and high voice pitch in players. Bieber's Law?

3/9/2011 . Edited 3/9/2011 #65
Double Dee Dee

No More Heroes :D

You're my hero, Ten. Fr srs. ♥

3/9/2011 #66
Ten ways to spoil dinner

You're my hero, Ten. Fr srs. ♥

But... there are no more heroes D:

'Cept Travis Touchdown!

3/9/2011 #67
Aron

PlayStation One had some pretty epic games. Of course, you have to remember that the best games come from the best game developers, not the best consoles. Being on the best console is a passive effect of being the better game.

Case and point: Square. They've released the Final Fantasy series on the NES, SNES, PSX, PC, PS2, GBA, GameCube, PSP, Xbox 360, PS3, DS. That's 11 mainstream consoles.

3/9/2011 . Edited 3/9/2011 #68
Josephine Stone

I'm not a gamer. I'm not sure anyone else has said this yet.

Linux!

4/3/2011 #69
Creation of Pokerus

I get those kids on Black Ops too. COD's more popular with the masses, so I'd think there'd be puberty-lacking little kids on there.

I meet those kids all the time, probably because I play on the Wii. Heck, I've met a couple of nine year-olds and I think one seven year old. Seriously, kids really shouldn't be play zombies at that age. And they ALL camp. Go figure.

4/3/2011 #70
Lord Kelvin

I want a rechargeable USB battery.

4/19/2011 #71
whisperasweknowit

I realize that I'm responding to something that happened nearly two months ago, but whatever.

Besides Pokémon and Wii Sports, I couldn't give a shit about Nintendo.

Nintendo systems make up most of my gaming life. I grew up on them. I still remember the day when I was four that my dad taught me how to play the SNES; he was playing the level on Super Mario World with the Ghost House with the moving floor...(whoo, tangent)

And I can still play my SNES and NES today. My brother's Xbox lasted him a couple years before he got the red rings and it broke, while my Nintendo systems are around 25 years old.

In addition to those two, I have a Gamecube, DS lite, and Wii. Say what you will about Nintendo being for casual gaming, but they make games that are legitimately fun not just for people who love video games but for the people who don't. And they'refamilyfun, too. You wouldn't play Black Ops with your little kid, would you? No, but you could most certainly play Mario.

I don't know where I was going with this. I guess I was just a little offended by how much people support games like Halo and CoD and completely leave out Nintendo, which, to me, is a major part of gaming history (not to be a whiny "It came first so it's better" type of person. I know Xbox and Microsoft have their own place in the history of gaming).

/end pointless Nintendo chatter

4/19/2011 . Edited 4/19/2011 #72
Onyx Gallan

I'm ready for the final Gears of War game to come out. I might just have to go get the beta to see how it plays out. Pretty awesome the actual game comes out around my birthday. Ready to cop that.

4/24/2011 #73
Stafyqe

... Overall, I think Macs are better than Windows. They're not easy to hack, user-friendly, etc. etc. etc.

4/25/2011 #74
Lord Kelvin

Though, I can see through my Windows. Try seeing through a Mac...and its price...and lonely USB ports.

4/25/2011 #75
Lord Kelvin

I'm getting this game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEw0UgemwiY

Cargo! lets you kick babies in exchange for fun. But that's not all! When you're out of babies to kick, you can make more in a volcano and build a boat in the process.

4/30/2011 #76
Kokoyumi

Linux!

This is my problem with Linux.

... Overall, I think Macs are better than Windows.

For what, graphics design?

Seriously, the only reason I can see people liking Macs more than any PC is because they really do not understand what the fuck they're doing. I can buy and maintain a PC for three years at the price of a Mac that will be outdated in less than a year.

They're not easy to hack,

This is a lie. A pretty big one, too. Macs are ridiculously easy to exploit, but they aren't worth it to hackers. OS X doesn't have near the amount of anti-exploitation stuff that Windows has built into it, and Linux is so idiosyncratic that hacking it sometimes is like smashing yourself in the face with a bat with one foot tied to the hand holding the bat.

user-friendly,

As easy to hack as they are to use.

5/3/2011 #77
Lord Kelvin

I've looked at the recent summary report by AV Comparatives and found that F-Secure antivirus got the best rank, outperforming Kaspersky, ESET, Symantec and everyone else.

Anyone got experience with F-Secure?

5/4/2011 #78
whisperasweknowit

... Overall, I think Macs are better than Windows. They're not easy to hack, user-friendly, etc. etc. etc.

I disagree, at least with the user-friendly bit.

5/4/2011 #79
Lord Kelvin

Microsoft bought Skype.

Expect Windows Live Skype MSN Call.

5/10/2011 #80
Aeikon Devleon

Microsoft bought Skype.

Expect Windows Live Skype MSN Call.

I always said MSN was the most powerful but least user-friendly IM program.

With a mix of Skype's UI, I'm sure it would be much, much easier to use MSN.

5/11/2011 #81
compilationerror

Modern Warfare 3 has been officially announced.

The graphics still look archaic, but perhaps that's due to the console 60FPS optimization.

They say that destructibility has been enhanced, but I'm not sure whether it would match the one used by the Frostbite engine used by DICE and the Battlefield series in its recent iterations.

I have to say, this could be the stage in which everyone gets tired of CoD and Battlefield retains its original glory...

5/15/2011 #82
Lord Kelvin

I'm playing Terraria, a 2D version of Minecraft.

Dug my way to hell and am currently building my way up to heaven. I want to catch one of those meteorites before the Eye of Cthulhu awakens.

5/20/2011 #83
St. Elsewhere

idiosyncratic that hacking it sometimes is like smashing yourself in the face with a bat with one foot tied to the hand holding the bat.

Such a descriptive metaphor.

5/20/2011 #84
Aeikon Devleon

Dug my way to hell and am currently building my way up to heaven. I want to catch one of those meteorites before the Eye of Cthulhu awakens.

That game sounds awesome; deranged, but awesome.

5/23/2011 #85
Lord Kelvin

That game sounds awesome; deranged, but awesome.

Holding on to three vines near the ceiling, throwing bombs at random stuff. Yeah. I'm so getting a jetpack.

5/23/2011 #86
Lord Kelvin

I'm looking for a smartphone. Apple aside, are there any feasible choices out there? More interested in practical implementation: "Easy to see the screen in he sun" is a lot better than "hi-res screen".

5/28/2011 #87
compilationerror

I'm looking for a smartphone. Apple aside, are there any feasible choices out there? More interested in practical implementation: "Easy to see the screen in he sun" is a lot better than "hi-res screen".

The Samsung Galaxy S II scored a 9/10 from Engadget, and its Super AMOLED Plus screen is considered to be one of the best displays around, with superb viewing angles, color reproduction, and visibility in direct sunlight. Also, it's packing a 1.2Ghz dual-core processor and a capable battery. Flagship Android smartphone currently, with HTC's Sensation being criticized over the display compared to the GSII.

It simply has everything the market has to offer now. :/

But you might want to wait for the Nvidia Kal-El Processors for a few months, which is quad-core, bringing twice-fold processing improvement and supposedly five times the graphical prowess without power consumption increase.

6/6/2011 . Edited 6/6/2011 #88
compilationerror

E3 and WWDC is currently ongoing live.

Apple has announced iCloud and iOS 5. No details yet.

E3 is showcasing Xbox games. MW3, another Tomb Raider, Mass Effect 3 (with Kinect support)...

Liveblogs:

6/6/2011 . Edited 6/6/2011 #89
Abysse

Halo 4 trailer also showed up today.

6/6/2011 #90
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Georgasaurus Ten ways to spoil dinner, Bitter Sea Light
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member