Literate Union
Sometimes our posts just like to pull a Houdini.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Bitter Sea Light

Well, not really, because I'm totally not a stalker ( ;D ), but I would really love to know. I'm sure others would, too, since movies are just so damn fun.

Talk about everything (movies, TV-shows, animes etc), comment, criticise, recommend, bash, spoil, roast... Basically, everything that involves moving pictures feel free to discuss here. Yes, even HP is allowed. ;) Feel free to link trailers and imdb.com pages, professional movie reviews and so on.

Just have fun and share it with us. :3

(PS. The title is inspired by I Know What You Did Last Summer. In case it wasn't obvious enough. ;D)

7/15/2011 #1
Cerulean City

Damn right you know I watched HP last night.

12:03, motherfuckers.

7/15/2011 #2
Sextuple Covalent Mo2 Bond

I watched Cube again today. It's still one of the best movies I've ever seen, even though it was made some 14 years ago.

IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0123755/

Trailer is there as well. Highly recommended, yes~

7/15/2011 . Edited 7/15/2011 #3
Sakura Mau Toki

Just came back from HP and have mixed feelings about it. Regardless, I still cried; several times. ;A;

7/15/2011 #4
Lord Kelvin

This thread needs more spoilers.

I've seen Voldemort smile~

7/16/2011 #5
whisperasweknowit

I cried from the moment they started the scene with Snape and Voldemort in the Shrieking Shack until I got to my friend's house afterwards. Just couldn't stop once I started, even through all Neville's BAMF moments. I would clap once when the theatre applauded and then sob harder than ever.

I've seen Voldemort smile~

On a scale of 1 to Lord Voldemort, how awkward are your hugs? XD

7/16/2011 . Edited 7/16/2011 #6
Lord Kelvin

On a scale of 1 to Lord Voldemort, how awkward are your hugs? XD

On the other side of the axis.

I would clap once when the theatre applauded and then sob harder than ever.

Nobody clapped in my cinema; they knew the actors couldn't hear that. Didn't see anyone crying, just some laughter.

I cried from the moment they started the scene with Snape and Voldemort

It was edited to fit the rating. Could have been bloodier, and slower.

7/16/2011 #7
whisperasweknowit

Nobody clapped in my cinema; they knew the actors couldn't hear that. Didn't see anyone crying, just some laughter.

We had a fair amount of rowdy fangirls in the theatre, which led to everyone else applauding with them. Whenever the film got quiet you could hear stifled sobs all around the room.

It was edited to fit the rating. Could have been bloodier, and slower.

I liked it how it was, as I'm not a gore fan.

7/16/2011 #8
Bitter Sea Light

I didn't cry, but certainly came close to it several times. Probably the closest with seeing Remus and Tonks after the battle, and when Harry was seeing all those loved ones in the forest.

Anywho... In my opinion, the movie was great. Not awesome, but great. I didn't like how they made the Ginny-Harry relationship in this movie. It seemed so incredibly false, no chemistry at all, while it was in the previous movies. Kind of seemed like 'yo. *kiss* bai' thing when they met. Just...blech. :/ It also added to the fact that the whole movie seemed very rushed. Some parts were merely ran through when they should've had a little more attention -- they should've been more thoroughly acted out. Also, I would've loved to have more of that Voldy vs Potter banter. It went by too fast. Kind of like 'lol you die -- lol I won't -- lol yes u will i has ur wand *Voldy poofs into air*'.

I loved most of it, though. The place where McGonagall called down those knights and said the 'I've always wanted to use that spell' with that expression and that voice...simply delicious. She sounded so girlishly excited. :D I cannot say anything bad about Ralph Finnes, either. He's the best Voldemort and will always be that. Same for Emma Watson and Rupert Grint.

My favourite scene has to be the one where Hermione and Ron destroyed the cup with a basilisk's fang. That one was simply wonderfully done. :3

---

Oh, there is this series called 'Game of Thrones' and you should definitely watch it. It has one season (10 episodes) out at the moment, the second should be in the making. Mostly written by David Benioff who is easily one of my favourite writers (City of Thieves is an awesome-awesome book) and thus worth looking at. :P

7/16/2011 #9
Lord Kelvin

I didn't like how they made the Ginny-Harry relationship in this movie.

I loved that. It literally killed a bunch of pairings fanfic writers were drooling for.

I would've loved to have more of that Voldy vs Potter banter.

Less anime, my dear. You have disgraced my people. We shall engage in combat, for nothing but your blood on my hands will wash the besmirched honour of...

The Death Star fired without lag, the first man was sent to space without a real countdown, and this film depicted the anxiety to get things over with.

7/16/2011 #10
Bitter Sea Light

I loved that. It literally killed a bunch of pairings fanfic writers were drooling for.

...Ginny and Harry is a real pairing. How could that be killed? :P Thing is a movie back, they turned so much attention to it, and now...nothing. Like...nothing. In the books they were so much in love and it showed. In the movie they were written together, but it wasn't shown in the acting.

If that makes more sense.

Less anime, my dear.You have disgraced my people. We shall engage in combat, for nothing but your blood on my hands will wash the besmirched honourof...

I didn't mean something like that. :P

this film depicted the anxiety to get things over with.

Exactly how it felt like. :P

7/16/2011 #11
Lord Kelvin

If I were Voldy, I'd be really keen to murder Harry and get to the ruler of the wizard world part ASAP.

If I were Harry, I'd be really keen to murder Voldy and get revenge for having half of the town killed.

You don't do tea time with someone you hate to the point of madness.

7/16/2011 #12
whisperasweknowit

and when Harry was seeing all those loved ones in the forest.

When I read this part in the books I completely lost it. The movie was basically the same deal.

I didn't like how they made the Ginny-Harry relationship in this movie. It seemed so incredibly false, no chemistry at all, while it was in the previous movies. Kind of seemed like 'yo. *kiss* bai' thing when they met. Just...blech. :/

I was never a fan of the pairing. They did have some real chemistry in the books, yes, but I felt even that was half-baked. The only moment in the movie where Ginny actually seemed to care about Harry was when she saw Hagrid holding him before the final battle with Voldemort. Even then, others who weren't his girlfriend were equally upset. It didn't feel realistic.

The place where McGonagall called down those knights and said the 'I've always wanted to use that spell' with that expression and that voice...simply delicious. She sounded so girlishly excited. :D

McGonagall's whole role in the film was just fantastic.

7/16/2011 #13
Lord Kelvin

'I've always wanted to use that spell'

Caused a laughing fit to the audience here, too.

7/16/2011 #14
Dakyloquacious

Saw the Harry Potter movie in a midnight showing on the fifteenth, twas great and all, enjoyed it, and I truly hate myself for being completely unable to cry at the moments I desperately wanted to cry at.

Also happy that they kept in Molly's big moment, though I wish she was more yell-y.

NOW HOW ABOUT SOMETHING COOLER.

Did aaaaaanyone else bother to watch the new Winnie the Pooh 'movie' on the fifteenth as well? Or was I the only one cool enough?

ed: Kay. I was the only one cool enough. D:

7/16/2011 . Edited 7/17/2011 #15
piewacket

Just back from Harry Potter. It was awesome. I am so glad they did it in two parts. Even though they rushed and jumbled the horcruxes, it still was the most coherent movie version of the books.

Snape. My lovely, wonderful Snape. :D

7/19/2011 #16
Elizabeth Burke

I just watched three hours of Four Weddings. I am totally weddinged out.

8/5/2011 #17
Dakyloquacious

Sooooo, last night, my family plus one went to see Horrible Bosses at the local movie theater. Cause, y'know, it was my only day off and I wanted to see a movie.

And it was actually a very funny movie.

...but how the hell did it get away with a 14-A rating?! I was with my mother and my youngest sister, for crying out looouuuud. D:

But yeah. Overall funny movie.

8/6/2011 #18
Spartan Altego

In the books they were so much in love and it showed.

...Are we reading the same version? They are not in love, at least, not really. A relationship takes more time to build up then just, "Heyo I won Quidditch game, lolol letz snog." And a few chapters of interaction.

Sure, Harry saved her life in Chamber of Secrets, but if the whole "saving life" thing counts, then why not Hermione? Makes more sense then someone he hardly interacted with at all throughout the series, save for some of OOTP, HBP and virtually NONE of Deathly Hallows. Harry and Ginny's relationship was founded more on jealousy and the sudden discovery of hormones (that should've happened somewhere back in Book 4 with Ginny if this was actually a real pairing), then anything: Ala Harry's reaction to Dean and Ginny's snogging, and fan service.

The same could be said for Hermione and Ron's relationship, or lack thereof. They cannot stand each other. Ron loathes Hermione for being smarter then him, and it shows. Their bickering isn't founded on sexual tension, even, just genuine arguement over every little thing. It's machochisistic. Hermione doesn't like Ron because he is(sometimes, or at least once anyways) sexist, blunt, and envious.

I will say that the movie versions did a better job of establishing plausible pairings, but not by much. Hermione and Ron are not good together, and neither are Harry and Ginny. I'm not saying Harry should be with X instead, or Ron deserves Y, just that the canon pairings make little sense. Really Rowling, fanfiction writers establish better romance then you.

Also, FUCK the Epilogue. Way to kill any imagination of what happens after. -_-

/Nerd REAG over

/late response :P

8/6/2011 . Edited 8/6/2011 #19
Bitter Sea Light

I'mma reply to that post in the morning when I have more spirit in me. :P

---

Just watched 127 Hours with my little brother. We found out after the movie that it was based on a true story (almost to the dot). Lots of respect to the guy who went through that all and survived, but other than that...it wasn't that great. It was acted out well (James Franco ♥), the hallucinations, emotions, story development etc. were well done, but the movie itself was basically a guy sitting in a cave for seventy minutes. :P

8/6/2011 #20
Double Dee Dee

Just watched127 Hourswith my little brother.

I'm surprised you haven't mentioned anything about the whole 'arm cutting' scene. Strong stomach, Maria? xD

/didn't see movie

the movie itself was basically a guy sitting in a cave for seventy minutes. :P

Did you watch Slumdog Millionaire? Same director and everything but has more to it. ;P Heavily recommended.

8/7/2011 #21
Bitter Sea Light

I'm surprised you haven't mentionedanythingabout the whole 'arm cutting' scene. Strong stomach, Maria? xD

Well, yes. XP It made me cringe a little (especially the part when he cut through the nerve), but other than that...it wasn't the first time I saw self-mutilation. :P

Did you watchSlumdog Millionaire?Same director and everything but has more to it. ;P Heavily recommended.

Yes, seen it. It was a little too unreal for me if I remember correctly. And oh, the drama~ XP I remember not being a too huge fan of it. *nod*

8/7/2011 #22
Double Dee Dee

Well, yes. XP It made me cringe a little (especially the part when he cut through the nerve), but other than that...it wasn't the first time I saw self-mutilation. :P

Meh. I am not a fan of anything remotely gorey or scary soooo yeah. xP

Yes, seen it. It was a little too unreal for me if I remember correctly. And oh, the drama~ XP I remember not being a too huge fan of it. *nod*

Different taste in movies, I suppose.

--

Anyways, I saw Despicable Me.

Quick summary here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1323594/plotsummary

Adorable and sweet movie but it sort of fell flat on its face. The whole relationship between the main character and the three children seem rushed in my opinion. I felt that the Gru develop a fatherly adoration for these girls way too quickly. Plus, the girls didn't seem to be really affected on Gru casting them away back to the shelter because his partner, Dr. Nefario, felt that he was getting too attached to the girls. (By the way, no one made a freaking move on hurting the damn bastard. It was like, "Okay, I know you were butthurt on this whole adoption thing and demanded me to get rid of the girls for like forever but whatevah we cool, bro! BD)

They should have broaden the horizon on the whole backstory with Margo, Edith, and Agnes as to why they're in a adoption shelter. Were the parents killed? Did the parents abandoned them? What happened? They have never mentioned it even once. Nothing, zilch, nada. Of course, this would make a good plot bunny for writers but really, Dreamworks?

Rivalry between Gru and Vector was... eh. Nothing special.

But, there were some freaking adorable scenes in the movie. The bedtime story with the three kittens was absolutely cute especially the part with the family tree. Also, AGNES. She is so damn huggable. :D

Too bad this movie will be completely forgettable since it competes against Disney and Pixar.

8/17/2011 #23
Bitter Sea Light

I just finished watching Red Riding Hood. I have to say, the guy behind the wolf makes for an awesome villain and...WHY DIDN'T YOU GO FOR HENRY? WHHHHHHHHY? ;_;

8/27/2011 #24
Bitter Sea Light

Girl with a Pearl Earring is still an awesometastic movie. *nod*

9/16/2011 #25
ShalaDakiri

Well, Last night, I watched Chopped Champions and Iron Chef America. Tonight/Today I watched Grave of the Fireflies and Nerima Daikon Brothers.

9/16/2011 #26
Sextuple Covalent Mo2 Bond

Yo newbie, you should post on the Introductions thread before other threads~

Edit: Holy crap. The same second. XD

9/16/2011 . Edited 9/16/2011 #27
Spartan Altego

Re watched Fight Club after a few years of not viewing it. The effect on my hasn't diminished, though I certainly believe I understand it's temes far better than I used to.

"My eyes are open."

9/16/2011 #28
ShalaDakiri

Que Quires Sparkling Boy--Sorry about that, I realized about the Intro bit about half a minute after posting and went over there.

9/17/2011 #29
Double Dee Dee

Watched the season premiere of Two and a Half Men. Curiosity got the best of me, yet again. ^^;

Here's a professional review if needed: http://screenrant.com/two-and-a-half-men-season-9-premiere-review-aco-132591/

Keep in mind that I never really got into the show. I was just curious as to how everything was going to play out without Charlie Sheen. If you dislike anything that I say, just ignore me and go along your merry way. However, I will stay open-minded towards the whole change of scenery the show is going for. There will be none of that 'butthurt butthurt baww I hate where the show is going hurr durr bring back Charlie Sheen Ashton Kutcher sucks ballz baww!!!1111!!!' shtick here. Let's get to it, shall we?

------SPOILERS------

Nice job doing Charlie Sheen some justice, Chuck Lorre. I'm holding the sarcasm sign, by the way.

Knowing the whole situation with Sheen's dilemma, what did the producers do with Charlie Harper's character? They killed the character off. And by killing, I mean, got hit by an oncoming train. Yes, you read right. No, your eyes aren't deceiving you. Sure, there was no other alternative to get rid of a main character but really? A train? Isn't that pushing the envelope far too wide? I know it's a sitcom but Charlie deserves so much more respect than that. No matter how crazy he became or whatever the story is. A sitcom can hva drama. Friends or Fresh Prince, anybody?

During the whole funeral scene, there was absolutely no grieving. It was awkward and downright cringe-worthy when all of these actors ended up throwing crude humor all over the place. One YouTuber sums it up really nicely: "I was most disappointed with the way the funeral was handled, there was no empathy to Charlie's death what so ever, whatever an actor's history was, it should not be smeared into their character's story. I was appalled and disgusted by the sheer crassness of that scene, which was meant to be one of the most important in the episode." Like I said before, Lorre is pushing the limit. Most people are still fond of what Charlie Sheen cemented on to his character. What made Two and a Half Men go so far. Don't stomp around on his character like that. (Forgot to mention that Charlie's ashes ended up in a Dustbuster. How's that for comedy?)

I couldn't help myself. Really, I couldn't. I tried so hard not to imagine Ashton Kutcher as Kelso from That 70's Show. But, I failed. Ashton being serious? It didn't work for me. The image of Kelso is so engraved into my mind that I couldn't make out on how Ashton's performance was. Was it good? I don't know. Was it bad? I don't know. I just really need to watch a few more episodes on his performance as Walden Schimdt (?) instead of Kelso. And holy shit, I had so many 70's Show jokes thrown in there, too. ;-;

For a first episode after coming back from the temporary grave, it wasn't good as anticipated. Most jokes fell falt on their face while I smiled in a few. They are just trying to patch up the hole Charlie Sheen had left but they're doing it unsuccessfully. Yet, we should get over the fact that Charlie left and give Ashton a chance. If the next episodes stay in the same level, we could talk.

9/20/2011 #30
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Georgasaurus Ten ways to spoil dinner, Bitter Sea Light
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member