Literate Union
Sometimes our posts just like to pull a Houdini.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »
BeachWriter

I watched Big Bang Theory last night . . . and I realized that I used to date a guy just like Sheldon. Cringe. But what a funny show!

10/28/2011 #31
MangoRamune

For the very first time, I sat down and watched Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas all the way through, non-stop.

I'm going to try again tonight, because all I can think is 'what the hell...?' which, I guess, is supposed to be your reaction.

On the other hand, the absurdity of the trips in this movie might be lost on me. I watched Cat Soup awhile back and it kind of burned a hole in my brain.

12/2/2011 #32
Bitter Sea Light

I saw Breaking Dawn (part I) today. Just... *giggles* It's the perfect crack!movie. :D But I do like Jacob more than Edward now. :3 And-and. The place, where the wolves were having a meeting, was my favourite scene. 03

12/26/2011 #33
Bitter Sea Light

I'm in the middle of watching the third season of My Family. Such an awesome show. :D

1/28/2012 #34
Spartan Altego

Finished watching season four of Dexter.

Even though I actually started the series when the fifth season premiered, the shock ending gets me every time.

1/28/2012 #35
Bitter Sea Light

Have to say that Crazy Stupid Love isn't half that bad. :P The ending was the best and had a nice tweeeeest in it. |D

2/1/2012 #36
Bitter Sea Light

Conan the Barbarian (2011 version).

The fuck did I just watch? DX

(Though, the scene with the sandy dudes was pretty nice. |D)

2/1/2012 #37
St. Elsewhere

I saw Chronicle the other day.

Thoroughly miserable, all the way through, and fairly realistic. You know, apart from the fact that the three of them have superpowers. The final fight scene was pretty awesome. Overall, I liked it.

\as brief as i could make it

2/4/2012 #38
Silver-hair Angel

The Woman in Black.

It creeped me out, I'll say. It's a pretty well-put together film; good horror movies are very hard to find. Wasn't the greatest, but it's passable. Plus, Daniel Radcliffe is in it, so for the Potter fans-- you get to gawk at him for the entire movie.

Although it does have cheap jump scares and typical shit in it, I recommend it.

2/4/2012 . Edited 2/4/2012 #39
fallen Silverwing

Event Horizon.

Probably one of the most disturbing and disgusting horror movies of the 1990's. before the movie was produced it had an extra 30 minute footage, but the test audience was to disgusted or disturbed with it so they had to shorten it.

I saw it and it was highly disturbing. I couldn't sleep right for a few days.

If you really want a scary mind f* movie then this is perfect for you.

as a side warning, whatever you do don't use magic mushrooms before watching this.

2/12/2012 #40
Bitter Sea Light

Event Horizon.

*grins* Yeah, it was pretty sweet. :P Had its scary moments and a proper amount of suspense. My brother still is a huge fan of it (and probably would agree with you more), but for me it was just a good night's entertainment. 03

2/13/2012 #41
St. Elsewhere

I liked it.

I thought it was more psychological than disgusting.

2/13/2012 #42
fallen Silverwing

Silent Hill.

Most movies based off games end up like crap but this one stayed as close to the series and its intense.

This is one scary mother f-er of a movie and it is considered to be the scariest movie of 2010.

Watched it online and it's awesome.

2/13/2012 #43
Double Dee Dee

During my sociology class, we watched We Live in Public [trailer right here].

It's like an acid trip within an acid trip. Oo

But, extremely interesting if you get passed the extreme graphic content.

Spoiling it would ruin it. Go watch it, seriously.

2/24/2012 #44
bleachers

The Vow (2012)

[starring Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams, mostly]

So, I'm easy for a movie based on real events/based on a true story. This was no different.

There are several small things about this movie that really got to me. Specifically his reactions to everything, because his expressions are so . . . pained, and I got the feeling that he for-fucking-serious loved her, even though I was completely aware that yes, this is a movie and they're actors and not in love.

The timeline of the story is somewhat non-chronological. It starts with the car accident, and then it shifts back in time to when they met and small portions of their dating process, and back and forth for a bit. //nods

It's just. . . truly a rom-com, and I wouldn't recommend it if you don't enjoy going "n'awwwwwww X3" one second and crying the next, because the mood shifts (in a non-awkward, well-flowing way) flawlessly, and the actors had perfect chemistry.

I've read the book that it's based on, so I knew somewhat what to expect. ^^

There's a photo at the end that compares the movie events to the book's real-life events, so.

(I'm really bad at this -- you should all just go see it because it's wonderful.)

There are a few seconds of mild nudity in it, but it's really nothing to worry about.

2/25/2012 #45
Bitter Sea Light

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBIy_KGgHAE

Surviving the Cut. It's a TV series on Discovery Channel, but it seems that the episodes are available on YT as well. Definitely recommend watching it. It's army schtuff, pretty awful and gruesome in several aspects, but at the same time...awesome. :P

2/27/2012 #46
Tallz Is De Langste Ster

Welp, was going to review The Vow, but I see Rachel beat me to it. :P

I agree with her review. It's a roller coaster of emotion, with enough but not too much sadtimez/mushy stuff. There aren't any frightening scenes, really, unless you're squeamish about car accidents. You see Channing Tatum's butt, so it all balances out.

2/27/2012 #47
Silver-hair Angel

Just came back from watching Project X; it was pretty cool.

Although I really despise the ending.

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Okay.

Seriously. Kid practically destroys his house and lands into a fuck ton of legal and financial problems, but it's okay because he's popular and everyone loved the party, so none of those things that actually significantly affects his future don't even matter anymore.

Besides that. Yeah.

3/4/2012 . Edited 3/4/2012 #48
Bitter Sea Light

Game of Thrones season two is coming out soon.

Meeeeeeeeeeew~ ^____________^

3/6/2012 #49
TheWebbz

I watched WWE Monday Night today, as usual.

Pretty good episode.

The Rock is hilarious!

3/13/2012 #50
Yuli Ban
Hunger Games is comin' to town. If all estimates are proven true, it's the new "Harry Potter/Twilight/Naruto." In layman's terms, expect a surge of new fanfics. In layerman's terms, expect a surge of new bad fanfics. It sounds like the Literate Union's gonna have its work cut out for it.
3/21/2012 #51
bleachers

In layerman's terms, expect a surge of new bad fanfics. It sounds like the Literate Union's gonna have its work cut out for it.

Generalizations are a bad thing, yo. XP

On topic, I saw the Hunger Games last night.

Not going to say much for fear of getting my fingers cut off, but. . .

It was so fucking close to the events in the book, I don't even.

My only complaint was the shaky camera, though I get why they did that.

I saw it at midnight, and I've done nothing but cry and sleep since then because PERFECT.

3/23/2012 #52
Double Dee Dee

It was so fucking close to the events in the book, I don't even.

My only complaint was the shaky camera, though I get why they did that.

^ This.

And I swear most of the audience in the movie theater were huge Gale/Katniss fangirls.

Everyone went 'Awwwwww! [insert sadface here]' when they saw Gale being all disappointed. 'Twas funny. XD

3/23/2012 #53
St. Elsewhere

People were crying in the cinema when Rue died.

I didn't think Liam Hemsworth was that good, and the camera was shaky, and Buttercup wasn't yellow, but they were my only complaints. I loved that Cato and Seneca were expanded upon.

9/10.

3/23/2012 #54
bleachers

I didn't think Liam Hemsworth was that good

Liam was okay; I'm hoping that when he has a larger role, we'll see more of his acting and can properly judge.

(I mean, Gale is obviously a large role, it's just that he's not really ~shown in this one much. . .)

the camera was shaky

IT GAVE ME A HEADACHE. D:

I can understand during the battle scenes and everything to prevent too much gore. . . but at the Reaping? D:

Buttercup wasn't yellow

^ this. It's one of the reasons its name is Buttercup, right?

My friend laughed when I mentioned it.

I loved that Cato and Seneca were expanded upon.

Yesyesyse Seneeeeca. D:

3/23/2012 #55
Silver-hair Angel

Actually wasn't planning to, but my boyfriend wanted to see The Hunger Games, so we went to see it with our mutual friend.

Book's better, of course (which I bought and read immediately after that; wasn't really believing the hype about the books before that), but the movie was surprisingly faithful.

The camera really got on my nerves, though. I understand that it's PG-13, but almost every kill was blurred or covered in some way by the camera. Too much shaking and moving. Really watered it down.

3/29/2012 #56
Double Dee Dee

Just listing these movie titles in here so I don't forget them. Planning on watching them in the near future~

You Don't Know Jack -- About assisted suicide (euthanasia) advocate, Jack Kevorkian, AKA Dr. Death.

Whose Life Is It Anyway? -- About a sculptor who becomes paralyzed after an auto accident and fights the hospital administration for the right to die.

4/27/2012 #57
Spartan Altego

The Avengers

And it was awesome.

5/5/2012 #58
Silver-hair Angel

I saw Catfish.

And. I don't know. Still wondering if it's all true. Perhaps not.

It wasn't a surprise as many people made it out to be.

5/7/2012 #59
Lord Kelvin

So, I've seen The Dictator along with 30 other people that were in the cinema. It was comically abrasive with a flurry of very empathic language.

Had fun, obviously, and I do suggest you see it, too. If your judgement has so far been based on trailers, you will be pleasantly surprised by the actual content.

Edit: Also, the ending is jaw-dropping.

5/19/2012 . Edited 5/19/2012 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »
Forum Moderators: Georgasaurus Ten ways to spoil dinner, Bitter Sea Light
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member