the Crow FF fan club
it a fourm to discuss Dravin and the other incarnations of the crow and villians
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Draka Dracula

I'm a fairly new fan, mainly of the character, and not yet of the movies (They're rated "R", and I tend to be a bit skittish around "R"-rated movies...)

From the wikipedia entry, I know that the Crow is a creature of vengeance. In fact, in the list of movies about angels, s/he is considered an Angel of Vengeance.

My question, therefore is, does more than one person have to die for the Crow to be reborn: i.e., the one that will become the Crow, and at least one loved one (parent, sibling, wife, girl/boyfriend, etc.), or can just one person die and still become the Crow? Since revenge doesn't necessarily have to do with avenging loved ones. It can be revenge for anything, like innocent people being wronged, can't it? I'm wanting to try writing a fanfic, and it would be a crossover, but I don't want to kill off more than one good character if I don't have to.

Thanks.

2/11/2011 #1
Stina686

The Crow is always someone who has died tragically, usually it avenges a specific death. In everything I seen, someone close to the Crow has died. Movies and such have gotten more creative in how the Crow ends up painting his face, but the Crow isn't going to come back just to save the world.

If you don't want to watch any of the movies, there's a canadian tv show version that's good. It has some filler, but would give you better insight about the Crow.

Let me know if this isn't helpful enough.

5/31/2011 #2
Heir-to-the-throne

My question, therefore is, does more than one person have to die for the Crow to be reborn: i.e., the one that will become the Crow, and at least one loved one (parent, sibling, wife, girl/boyfriend, etc.), or can just one person die and still become the Crow? Since revenge doesn't necessarily have to do with avenging loved ones. It can be revenge for anything, like innocent people being wronged, can't it? I'm wanting to try writing a fanfic, and it would be a crossover, but I don't want to kill off more than one good character if I don't have to.

Part of the theme, from my own understanding, is that love is stronger than death. Usually, it's the strength of the love they held for another that was murdered as well that allows them to come back. So, as a general result, yes. More than one person dies.

And, as advice, I highly recommend you watch the movies, if you haven't yet. They're a little gory, but that's about it.

9/28/2011 #3
aidricalchemy

Yes that's great information for every one.

6/5/2014 #4
Forum Moderators: Ubermann
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member