The Debate of Haruhi Suzumiya
Because everybody loves a good debate! Squabble over pairings, significance; hell, debate about Shamisen or Imouto if you want! Any topic allowed! Do not insult the other person, and no "trolling". ENJOY!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Mare Hiemis

It seems a professional thing to do, but please remove it if you find it dissatisfactory.

Introduce yourselves with favourite pairings/characters here so people can have a clear view of your biases and/or preferred debating side in any debates that may take place.

Name: An alias will suffice, but "Hey you" only gets so far.

Age: This is optional, but it gives a clear idea of how much time you have to spend on debates considering school work or professional work.

Favourite Pairings: Such as Yuki/Kyon, Haruhi/Kyon, Ryoko/Tsuruya, Taniguchi/Kunikida...

Least Favourite Pairings: Please try to specify and not just say "yaoi", "het" or "yuri". It can be considered offensive.

Favourite Character: Just so we're clear on any additional biases you have.

Any Additional Info: Anything else here.

11/16/2009 . Edited 11/26/2009 #1
Kathrynzala

Thank you for this awesome idea!

You're so formal and polite; totally unlike me, who's more likely to slap someone on the back and shout in their ear, "How goes it, dude??"

Yay, do I really get the privelige to start us off?

Name: Kathrynzala, Zala, Zalsburry, or my real name easily derived from my username: Katie.

Favorite Pairings: Haruhi/Kyon, and maybe a bit of Tsuruya/Taniguchi on the side. I love everyone, but don't support many pairings for this anime.

Least Favorite Pairings: Itsuki/Kyon. And although I don't hate, or even dislike Ryoko/Yuki, I find it a bit tiresome.

Favorite Character: Everyone. No, I'm not even exaggerating. Kyon, Haruhi, Yuki, Itsuki, Mikuru, Tsuruya, Kunikida, Taniguchi, Little Sister, Shamisen, Emiri, Ryoko, Computer Club President, Student Council President, the band, Okabe-sensei, and even the random store owners.

Any Additional Info: I am wonderful, magnificent, beautiful, smart, and incredibly modest. Feel free to bow or lay roses at my feet.

11/16/2009 . Edited 11/16/2009 #2
Mare Hiemis

...Oh, not particularly. I don't consider myself polite at all.

Name: Yamato, or if you feel like indulging me, Sweden.

Favourite Pairings: I do have to say I'm partial to Nagato/Kyon, but... my opinion may change. It's merely something that intrigues me on the part of emotional and character development.

Least Favourite Pairings: I don't particularly have any dislikes, but... I don't see myself the appeal in Kyon/Koizumi.

Favourite Character: I don't have a favourite, but for part of development, I would say Nagato. She easily has the most character development in the novels, so I am more partial to her. Similarly, I don't dislike any characters.

Any Additional Info: ...Hm, I have nothing such as that to say about myself. However, my favourite country is Sweden.

11/16/2009 . Edited 11/16/2009 #3
Crouching Tiger Hidden Shizuru

Name: My name is Erinn, so you can call me that.

Favourite Pairings: Nagato/Asakura, though I do see the appeal in... practically every Asakura pairing.

Least Favourite Pairings: Haruhi/Kyon, and surprisingly, I've grown a distaste in Nagato/Kyon.

Favourite Character: Nagato, Asakura, Taniguchi, Tsuruya, Disappearance!Haruhi. The specification had to be made!

Any Additional Info: Hey. /o/

11/16/2009 . Edited 10/25/2010 #4
killme5607

Name:Rellnan and if you must insist my real name Alec

Favourite Pairings:haruXkyon and almost all the pairings with tanaguchi

Least Favourite Pairings:yukiXkyon- i can see its light but i like to stay bias and kyonxkoizumi

Favourite Character:i like haruhi with her super spirit

Any Additional Info: uhhh nope nuthin else comes to mind

11/17/2009 . Edited 11/17/2009 #5
Kyon-Is-Haruhi's-Slave00

Name: Hiroyuki (it's my con name so i guess it works)

Favourite Pairings: my all time favorite pairing is YukixKyon although i am open to haruhixkyon as well as RyokoxKyon(a bit odd but i like it)

Least Favourite Pairings: itsuki and kyon(kyon HATES itsuki, he does) mikuru and Kyon (it will NEVER HAPPEN)

Favourite Character: Yuki

Any Additional Info: constantly cosplays as kyon (that has nothing to do with anything[i know, i just felt like saying it]).........did i just argue with my self?

11/19/2009 #6
MCK Agent of Moriya
Name: Shinkiro (my COSSY name) Age:16 Favourite Pairings: Almost any Kyon pairing especialy KyonHaruhi Least Favorite Pairings: ItsuKyon (i just don't like yaoi) HaruhiYuki (I don't mind yuri but this dosn't make much sence.) Favorite Charecter: Nagato Yuki (who dosen't love Yuki?) Other info: I cosplay as Kyon too! (but my costume sucks so bad i get mistaken for phenoix wright.)
11/19/2009 #7
Broken Kilter Express

Hmm, well here goes.

Name: BKE

Favored pairings: YukiKyon, HaruhiKyon and TsuruyaKyon, plus KuyoFuji. Sasaki romance fics would be nice.

Least Favored pairings: MikuruKyon and ItsukiKyon.

Favorite Character: Well, all the characters have magic to them, but the essence of my fandom surrounds Yuki and Kyon.

Any Additional Info: I like to talk like a bigshot, I enjoy helping out people and reviewing, I love music and play guitar, and I think things out too much when it comes to opinions.

12/1/2009 #8
Cha-Cha-Cheesecake

Name: You can call me Cha-Cha, or Hannah, or Hanny, or anything you want (but I respond most to Hanny ;D)

Age: I'm not sure whether I'll say, but I'm still at middle school :D

Favourite Pairings: Yuki x Kyon, and even Ryouko x Itsuki (never seen it before, but I love it for some reason XD)

Least Favourite Pairings: Mikuru x Kyon (it's too... sickly and perfect) or Itsuki x Kyon (hello, Kyon HATES Itsuki)

Favourite Character: Yuki, Kyon, Yuki, Tsuruya, Yuki, Taniguchi, Yuki, Kunikida... did I mention Yuki? XD

Any Additional Info: I can sing, I write stories, I can draw manga, I have a failing devaniantart acount, I'm straight, I go to stage school, I have at least 23 manga books at home, I have a boyfriend, I have bitchy friends, I LURVE writing crackfics and I have just mastered singing Skeleton Life by Rin Kagamine, so yeah, life is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD ;)

7/15/2010 #9
Kathrynzala

Why hello there! Great to have a new face on the forum.

(23 manga? That is a lot, but one time, I tried to count the manga in my sister's room. I gave up at 200. Not joking!)

7/16/2010 #10
Cha-Cha-Cheesecake

200??? Holy cow that's a lot of manga. XDDDDDD

I wish I had that many books!

7/16/2010 #11
killme5607

yaaaay sumone un deaded us omg yuki was soooo moe moe during the movie

7/17/2010 #12

Hey! It's great to see someone new around the forum!

I'm Integrated Data Thought Entity, but most people call me Data or IDTE... And the creator here calls me "Mitsuru". 8D

7/24/2010 . Edited 7/28/2010 #13
Kathrynzala

Hehe. "Creator". :)

And call me anything you like! Kathrynzala, Zala, Zals, annoying twerp (I'll know who you're talking to).

7/24/2010 #14

Yeah... but "creator" sounds more important, right?

7/25/2010 #15
Kathrynzala

Indeed it does. None of you would be here if not for me. So bow down, pigs! *cackles*

7/27/2010 #16
killme5607

yes your majesty *bows like an idiot*

7/27/2010 #17
killme5607

yay i cant wait to go to anime overload my first con :D

7/27/2010 #18

YAY I can't wait to go to my senior karate class and have an anxiety attack. /o/

7/27/2010 #19
killme5607

sounds like fun? i think

7/27/2010 #20
Kathrynzala

I do karate too! I just suck at it. :

7/27/2010 #21

Karate is just tough-sounding dancing, but all the touching when we spar is just a little

undesirable.

7/28/2010 #22
Kathrynzala

We wear big, clunky handgear when we spar, so it's not as much of an issue.

7/28/2010 #23

Skin-to-skin contact just unnerves me a little. /o/

7/28/2010 #24
killme5607

everyone is dead!!! again this fourm needs a defib unit now!!

8/11/2010 #25

Troll omegle!

I am.

8/13/2010 #26
IdiotFromOsaka

Okay, here goes my out of the blue introduction.

Name: You can call me Ruichan, Rui, Suzu of Kaarii.

Favorite Pairings: HaruhixKyon They just kinda balance each other out.

Least Favorite Parings: MikuruxKyon. Mikuru just annoys me a little bit.

Favorite characters: Kyon, Haruhi, Yuki, and Itsuki (even though his smile is annoying.)

Additional info: Umm... I can speak a bit of japanese so don't be alarmed if I burst out in random japanese sentences (I'm not asian btw.) At last count, I own approximately 100 manga, and I'm really craving Thai food right now.

8/14/2010 #27
IdiotFromOsaka

Okay, why did that go up twice?

8/14/2010 #28
Kathrynzala

Welcome, welcome, Rui-chan! I see you have an Osaka icon as well. :)

And yay for KyonHaru!

Can't wait to see you in the debate topic, and have fun!

8/15/2010 #29

Okay, why did that go up twice?

Fix'd.

Welcome!

8/15/2010 #30
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Kathrynzala Robert Varulfur, JonBob0008, Crouching Tiger Hidden Shizuru
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member