Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
Do some chit-chat discuss story ideas all about the new film: Ice Age 3! Talk about anything you want! From favorite characters to future sequels! Come over here and give it a try!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2
goldenpuon

No, I actually think it is a cute saying. "Death to the acorn!" I can imagine someone saying that and then Scrat squeaking and getting mad. lol

8/7/2009 #31
PuccaFanGirl

Really? Thanks. =) I drew a picture a few weeks ago with me about to hit Scrat's acorn with an axe, and I was grinning evilly with fire in my eyes and around me. And then Scrat from behind is going all "WTH ARE YOU DOING MOLLIE?!?!" Lol. XDDD I am just a ScratxScratte fanatic as you know. XD I have also seen other people using the saying "Death to the acorn" or "We all blame the acorn" They're talking about how it got in the way of Scrat and Scratte's relationship because of how cute they are together. ^^

*~Mollie~*

8/7/2009 #32
goldenpuon

I see. I like that saying. I wish I could see your picture. I'm sure it would be silly. Of course, Scrat would never fully abandon his acorn, even if him and Scratte had stayed together, he probably wouldn't have.

8/10/2009 #33
PuccaFanGirl

XD You do? Well maybe I could take a picture of it with my camera and then e-mail it to you. =) It is very silly. But don't worry, I drew another picture where I gave him a NEW acorn. Because I don't want it to be the one that ruined everything for Scratfully and Scratte. XD You may have a point there. He probably wouldn't have fully given up on it even if Scrat and Scratte stayed together. You're right. Lol. XDDD

*~Mollie~*

8/10/2009 #34
goldenpuon

Thanks. I woudn't mind if you emailed the picture to me but my mom's computer is still not fixed and I still have that erro message on mine. So I don't think it's possible right now. But the picture sounds cute. I'd like to see it when my mom's computer is working again. I agree. lol Acorn is alwasy #1 for Scrat or maybe with Scratte around, #2.

8/12/2009 #35
PuccaFanGirl

That's too bad...but I'm sure that you'll like it! ^^ Yeah, the acorn is always number 1 for him. But if Scratte stayed around and if she wasn't so bossy at the time...then that would be a hard choice between her and the acorn. XDDD Even though the two got seperated, I am REALLY glad that Blue Sky Studios gave Scrat a love interest, and that they kissed and did all sorts of cute and romantic things together. I'm at least happy about that. It's better then him not having a love interest at all. And because in the end of the movie, he realized that he just made the biggest mistake of his life because he lost the acorn and Scratte. XDDD

A little life lesson to the boys with the girls; Never break up with a girl who you loved for a long time and spent a long time with for something that only gave you nothing but trouble. Cuz then before ya know it...you're gonna lose not just something that you have adored for all your life...but also your very first love interest who you enjoyed being with for a long time. XDDDDD

*~Mollie~*

8/12/2009 #36
Blonde Writing

Hey, do you think I could use this idea for a fanfic? PLEASE :D I'll say it was your idea and anything.

10/22/2009 #37
Rkerekes13

I suppose so.

10/22/2009 #38
Blonde Writing

lol, I can just see Scratte holding Buck's knife and trying to drag it along and Buck going: "Oi! That's mine!" and there being a HUGE fight. THEN Rudy enters, wanting his tooth back and there being an even BIGGER fight! Now that would make me laugh my butt off, 'cause all three characters got some stubborn fight-like personality. You mind if I make a fanfic about this? PLEASE *puppy eyes* I'll say it was inspired by nakota2mustang's question and your reply. Would mean a lot =D

10/22/2009 #39
PuccaFanGirl

Actually...that sounds like a pretty good idea! ^^ Buck and Scratte are both in the Underground ruins of Dinotopia now, so it would be quite funny if those two met each other, and then Scratte would want Rudy's Tooth. XD "HERE, RUDY, RUDY, RUDY, I'M SO LONELY..."-Buck. XDDD

*~Mollie~*

10/22/2009 #40
Blonde Writing

lol, yeah XD I can just imagine those two fighting XDDDDDD

11/6/2009 #41
PuccaFanGirl

Yes, me too. Although somewhat hard to picture, I can. XD Though...due to the fact that the Herd never really run into Scrat, then Scratte probably wouldn't meet Buck way too easily. lol Although I love your idea of a Fanfiction. ^^

*~Mollie~*

11/6/2009 #42
Blonde Writing

Yeah, It probably will never happen in the movie, but it would make a fanfic that'll make you lol XD

11/8/2009 #43
PuccaFanGirl

Great! I can't wait! XD

*~Mollie~*

11/11/2009 #44
goldenpuon

That would be a really great idea!

11/12/2009 #45
PuccaFanGirl

LOL Yeah! Buck and Scratte remained stuck in the Underground Jungle of Dinotopia. Well, Buck chose to go back when he heard Rudy, and how Scratte got stuck was...Scrat's own fault... O_O;

*~Mollie~*

11/12/2009 #46
yellowraccoon

To sort of get back to the 'death of the acorn' thing, I agree. Scrat LOVES that acorn, but he never gets it. the acorn does alot more bad than good. In the first one, it caused him to be electricuted, stomped on, falling from a very tall hight, and frozen for 20000 years (I guess Blue Sky didn't think there would be a sequal). in the second movie, it caused him to be constintly torched too, and even KILLED! In the third movie, it brought him to Scratte, who constently torchered him. when he learned to love Scratte and had a relationship, it ruined everything. Why does he still go for it? Scratte is a much better choice!

12/21/2009 #47
goldenpuon

I just realized how bad that acorn is. lol And after all that, he is still after it? What does he see in it that is so great?

12/22/2009 #48
PuccaFanGirl

Because he's an idiot, that's why. A glutton for punishment. He is known to make a huge mistake then only cause his useless life to be worse thanks to his idiotic attempts in chasing after that cursed acorn. But that's what we all love about him. XD

*~Mollie~*

1/2/2010 #49
goldenpuon

Good point. Perhaps it is his squirrely instincts. lol He is definitely a glutton for punishment.

1/3/2010 #50
yellowraccoon

To sort of change the subject... have you notaced that in alot of the score with scrat and scatte, it references "You'll never find another love like mine"? I listened closely last time i saw it and it appears everywhare! You hear the melody in the Tango, the "Gone with the Wind" style romantic molment when scrat saves scratte's life. you also hear it in alot of other riffs. John Powell (I think thats the composer) really did make that rather musicly funny. Next time you see the movie, look (well... listen) for that, its sort of funny

1/7/2010 #51
Rkerekes13

I know I haven't spoken on this thread in a while (ironically enough, I'm the one who started this thread in the first place), but I think you may have a point. You know at the end, when Scrat loses the acorn to Scratte, well, I think that ending kinda punishes Scrat for his somewhat "greedy" behavior. (Yeah, I put the word "greedy" in quotes because I bet some people wouldn't think of it as greed.) Of course, I don't think the same could be said for Scratte, as she's the one who had the acorn in the first place. In fact, she may have found it in the first place because it couldn't be the same acorn that Scrat had in the first two Ice Age movies. Of course, with that being said, the acorns that he had in the first two movies could have been any old acorn. So therefore, when that piece of ice slams down on the hole, knocking the acorn back down towards Scratte, I guess you could say that that's Scratte's reward for having found the acorn first. Any questions or comments?

9/10/2010 #52
goldenpuon

I never thought of what happened with Scratte and Scrat with their battle over the acorn that way. You have a good point. It is kind of greedy of Scrat. However, he's had his "own" acorns taken from him so many times, he would probably think stealing acorns is 'ok'.

Still, in Ice Age 3, he did seem very conflicted about Scratte and the acorn. He wasn't sure which one he loved more, it or her. He seemed to try to let in about it but in the end, they both wanted it and it destroyed their relationship. And besides greed, I think BSS made Scrat lose the nut in the end because it is an unspoken rule that Scrat will lose any acorn he's after in Ice Age movies. That's my idea.

9/12/2010 #53
CoffeeJunky

Euw you thought she was attractive you furry.

She reminds me more of a red flying fox thing? I can't remember the exact name.

1/16/2011 #54
Bookworm F. Pseudonym
What if Scratte developes an obsession with pineapples and takes Buck's pineapple wife?
2/13/2013 #55
« Prev Page 1 2
Forum Moderators: nakota2mustang
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member