Ultimate Host
This is a forum for anything Host. If there is anything you want to talk about concerning anything related to the Host, feel free to share.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Winged and Dangerous

The ending was my favorite part of the book! I cried when I read about Wanderer giving up Melanie's body so she could have her life back. I really thought she was going to die. When I read the next chapter and Wanderer came back in the body of Pet I was estatic! In fact I was speechless! I was hoping they would put her in a new body but I didn't imagine they would actually do it! What do you think of the ending of the book?

9/10/2009 #1
WhenYourBestJustIsntGoodEnough

I cried so much! I cried when Wanda first started thinking about it, till I thought she was dead. I even cried when she was put in Pets body. I just couldn't stop!!

12/22/2009 #2
Svix95

OMG, I loved it! Just can't wait for the other books! And of course the MOVIE :)

1/23/2010 #3
Winged and Dangerous

There's going to be a movie!!!!! I didn't know that! Oh my gosh, I can't wait! When is it coming out! Who's acting in it! Do you know anything about it! Please tell me more! Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh! Hyperventalating! *Breathes out* Okay, I'm calm now. : )

Loves ya all,

Kitty! : )

1/23/2010 #4
Svix95

The Producers Nick Wechsle and Steve and Paula Mae Schwartz have the movie rights and Andrew Niccol will be writing the script and directing. I’ve heard that the movie is coming out in 2011.. I don’t know, I just heard it.. ;) Sorry I’m not much help.. Wish I knew more :) Can't wait either! ^_^

Maybe you can google it or something.. ? If you (or anyone else) find out more, let me know! xD

1/23/2010 #5

Wow! A movie? I have been awaiting this day. *tear* :)

1/23/2010 #6
Winged and Dangerous

Actually that helps a lot! Thank you! Now I know what to look for when I go google crazy soon and start trying to find anything I can about this elegid movie. : )

Loves ya all,

Kittykat! : )

1/25/2010 #7
Serafina Silvertongue

I can't wait for the movie, but although I am a sap for happy endings, I have to say, it was a LITTLE corny. Oh well. It was still a great book.

2/27/2010 #8
Winged and Dangerous

It may have been a little corny, but it was still good. : )

Loves you lots!

2/28/2010 #9
Serafina Silvertongue

Definitely. I loved the whole idea of the alien invasion, and I thought it was very creative. I also loved how real and present Mel was to Wanda.

3/1/2010 #10
Winged and Dangerous

I completly agree with you! I loved the fact that Mel was so....there. She wasn't just in the back of Wanda's mind or something, she was there. You know? : )

Loves you lots!

3/5/2010 #11
Serafina Silvertongue

Yeah, and then of course the whole love...square? I don't know. Anyways, that part was really interesting to think about.

3/5/2010 #12
Winged and Dangerous

That was interesting. Throughout the book I was always wondering how that would turn out, and who would end up with who. I like the way it turned out though...I love the ending pairings. : )

Loves you lots!

3/6/2010 #13
sylvie-morose

It's a very interesting take on the sci-fi genre. It's got quite a bit of romance, mostly internal struggle... The theme had more to do with romance than with surviving a world in a ?hostile? alien takeover. If they dealt more with outside the cave, it would have been very different.

I have to say, the ending was a little corny. They all got what they wanted, nobody had to cope, and it was happy ending time. I still think it's SM's greater work, though.

3/16/2010 #14
Serafina Silvertongue

Definitely. I thought Twilight was okay, but Bella was WAY too dependent on Edward for my taste.

3/16/2010 #15

Most definitely! I actually think, though, that she re-uses some of her characters features. Like, Kyle reminded me of Emmett, and Ian reminded me of a mix between Emmett and Jasper. Wanda are similar with their insecurities.

3/17/2010 #16
Winged and Dangerous

I never looked at it that way before, but when you mention it she kinda does....

Loves you lots!

3/20/2010 #17
Winged and Dangerous

I agree with you on those subjects sylvie-morose. : )

Loves you lots!

3/20/2010 . Edited 3/20/2010 #18
Winged and Dangerous

I'm with you on Bella's personality Serafina Silvertongue. I liked Twilight, but Bella's whole life revolved around Edward and when he wasn't there she had nothing. That's not healthy.

Loves you lots!

3/20/2010 #19
sylvie-morose

There's also the whole, "choosing between two guys" conflict that occurs in both books.

It's more understandable in the Host, because Wanda is dealing with her emotions AND Melanie's, so when she starts liking someone, she's conflicting with Melanie's emotions as well. Bella was just kind of indecisive.

3/22/2010 #20

as sylvie said, I can understand the part about Wanda, but Bella? I mean, in real life, most of us would be lucky to get stick with one great guy.

3/22/2010 #21
Serafina Silvertongue

Exactly. And of course Bella has this horrible problem of choosing between two awesome guys. Although I think Edward's just a little overprotective at times. Actually, I liked Jacob until the third book and then I just thought he was annoying. It's like, move on already Jacob! I understand that he loves her, but it was pretty obvious she was going to pick Edward. I have to say though, my favorite wolf is totally Seth. He's awesome, and I think it's amazing how happy he is all the time. Anyways, that's the end of my little spiel.

3/26/2010 #22
Winged and Dangerous

Agreeing with you on that one Serafina. Although I think Edward is just a little overprotective more than just at times, but that's just my opinion. I understand you're view on the whole Jacob situation, but you have to give it up for his determination. It really shows how much he cares about Bella. It was obvious she was going to choose Edward though, you're right. Seth is cool, but I like Paul. I don't know why, but I think it has to do with the fact that I've been reading so many Paul fanfics lately. And that would be the end of my little spiel. : )

Loves you lots!

3/26/2010 #23
Serafina Silvertongue

You're right, you're right. Jacob is really loyal, and that's great. It's just too bad Bella didn't choose him. Oh well, I probably would have chosen Edward too. But only because I couldn't stand losing a) being a vampire, and b) the rest of the Cullens (Emmett's so funny, and Alice is awesome!) Paul's an interesting character. Note to self: Read more Paul fanfics. Actually, I haven't read many Seth fanfics. I started to read one, but I just didn't like it that much. In the one I read (can't rememeber the name now) they made Seth really obssessive over some girl, and I just didn't think that was accurate. Thinking back on it now though, he did imprint on her...but I still don't think he'd go and tell everybody about it. *walks into the sunset, still pondering this*

3/27/2010 #24
Winged and Dangerous

Lol, I have to agree with you on the Seth thing, I don't think he would act like that even if he did imprint. And you should read more Paul fanfics, I like them and you might too. : ) I'm gonna disagree with you on the Edward thing though. (You ever notice I saw ---- thing a lot? Hmmm....Oh well.) I would've chosen Jacob, but that's just me. I would have missed all the Cullens though, especially Emmett and Alice, though the other ones as well. *Walks into the sunrise and turns around to go back to bed realizing its way too frikin' early to be up* : )

Loves you lots!

Kittykat! :)

3/28/2010 #25
Lion Clan

hey everyone Im writing a host fan fic and i just wanted to know if anyone could give me any ideas ??

9/2/2010 #26

lol.. i have plenty for you. i will mail you some :)

9/2/2010 #27
blisterkissed

Did anyone else feel REALLY bad for Ian at the end? I felt just like... idk... like he was so NAIVE! And I HATED that because Ian is one of my favorite characters- plus he's supposed to be really manly and you can't be manly and innocent/naive at the same time- at least, I can't imagine that. And then she left him while he was sleeping and that was so... romance-y. Not that I don't like romance, I do, it's just that the whole book was, like, action-y and dramatic and "bam bam! pew pew!" you know? So I thought that was just the easy way out. I wanted some fighting.

3/8/2013 #28
blisterkissed

In one of the interviews with the actors who are playing Ian and Jared, they called it a "love box" :)

3/8/2013 #29
Forum Moderators: WhenYourBestJustIsntGoodEnough
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member