Pandorically Heartful
A forum to discuss the manga, anime, and characters of Pandora Hearts.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
savory pie

What are your favorite pairings? Why? Do you like strange pairs? How do their relationships work out in your mind?

7/12/2009 #1
Reo Astat

My favorit pairing is Elliot/Reo. I think they looks really good together - calm and polite Reo and hot-tempered and aggresive Elliot.

What do you think?

7/19/2009 #2
savory pie

I think that is a plausible pairing. They seem to have been together for a long time, if not from their childhood years. Reo is patient with Elliot, something that he desperately needs in a partner. Their friendship is mutual and that's just it. They are more friends than they are master/servant, which is significant during the time period Pandora Hearts is set in.

The only problem with this pair is the fact that Elliot is the rightful heir to the Nightray house. His parents are probably expecting an heir from him...

7/19/2009 #3
HauntedAngel13

I dunno, I like EliotXReo and all, but it just doesn't make that much sense to me. I know what it's like to love someone but not be in love with them.......so I feel that Eliot and Reo love each other, it comes with years of friendship and servitude but I can't say that they are in love with each other. Plus I am straight myself so I feel a bit awkward reading yaoi pairings (like I'm missing out on something)

I would like to see an EliotXAda just because it's a bit out there in space but it doesn't seem impossible all together....

8/23/2009 #4
savory pie

I dunno, I like EliotXReo and all, but it just doesn't make that much sense to me. I know what it's like to love someone but not be in love with them.......so I feel that Eliot and Reo love each other, it comes with years of friendship and servitude but I can't say that they are in love with each other.

Well, it's possible, so slash fans are content with that. Though, I do not think that Eliot/Reo is probable. There is a lacking of females characters near Eliot's age, so...that may contribute to the number Eliot/Reo fans. I mean, people near Eliot's age include Reo, Oz, Ada, Alice, and Echo. There isn't too wide of a selection and then there's the matter of canon interaction... XD

Plus I am straight myself so I feel a bit awkward reading yaoi pairings (like I'm missing out on something)

Haunted Angel, most yaoi fans are straight girls. XD

I don't exactly like yaoi. When I'm in the mood, I'll read some, but I prefer shounen ai. (If you're wondering what the difference is, yaoi is h*** male/male sex. Shounen ai focuses more on the relationship. Does that make sense?) I used to be digusted by anything slash, but finding myself in fandoms where there lacked (likable) female characters and Mary Sues roamed rampant...I turned to slash, I guess. (I don't know why, but even when I didn't like slash, I read it anyways. XD That could have also contributed to my conversion.)

I would like to see an EliotXAda just because it's a bit out there in space but it doesn't seem impossible all together....

I don't know much of Ada's personality since we only saw a bit of her after the 10 year gap, but she just seems to have a high school crush on Eliot, nothing serious. She may not even have a crush on Eliot and may just be really optimistic and patient when she says he's a good person inside after he brushes her off. I say this because she was seen on a date with Vincent, wasn't she? And if I recall correctly, her dress was quite elegant.

Though, if Eliot and Ada did get together, I imagine that they would be a cute couple. :3

8/24/2009 #5
HauntedAngel13

I know that Ada was on a date with Vincent, but he's just using her so it's really only one-sided which in turn makes it 'non-love' in a way. Ada may have disillusioned herself into thinking she's in love with Vincent but she hasn't seen the side of him that the readers have so...... Yeah.

8/24/2009 #6
savory pie

I know that Ada was on a date with Vincent, but he's just using her so it's really only one-sided which in turn makes it 'non-love' in a way.

I stated that Ada went on a date with Vincent to prove my point that she may not even have a crush on Eliot at all, but Vincent. I do remember that she sent her uncle a letter that said she had found someone she liked.

8/26/2009 #7
HauntedAngel13

Well yeah it's kinda if and then that Ada 'likes Vincent' but with what I've seen of Vincent, that will only go into the ground hard and fast...probably. And I know that Ada probably doesn't even have a crush on Eliot, but if put into certain circumstances, I believe it could happen and perhaps flourish.

8/26/2009 #8
savory pie

I'd love to see that. Eliot and Ada would make quite a nice couple. :3 Eliot needs someone patient and gentle, someone who can handle his hot-headed nature and short bursts of anger. XD

8/26/2009 . Edited 6/15/2010 #9
ring for an augustine

Pairing-wise, my favorite would be Break/Sharon! I also like Oz/Echo, Rufus/Sheryl, Oz/Alice, Elliot/Ada (although Gil/Ada and Vincent/Ada has been growing on me - Ada, why are you a magnet for Nightray men?), Jack/Alice (or Alyss; I like Jack with both of them, aha), aaand Vincent/Lottie!

For OT3s, I like Oz/Gil/Alice, Break/Sharon/Liam, and Jack/Lottie/Glen. Why are there so many trios in this manga ):

9/16/2009 #10
savory pie

Elliot/Ada (although Gil/Ada and Vincent/Ada has been growing on me - Ada, why are you a magnet for Nightray men?)

lol

For OT3s, I like Oz/Gil/Alice, Break/Sharon/Liam, and Jack/Lottie/Glen. Why are there so many trios in this manga ):

I like the sound of Jack/Lotti/Glen. :3 OT3s are perfectly fine in healthy doses. XD

9/16/2009 #11
KyoxSakiFan

Am I the only hard core shounen-ai/yaoi fangirl in this place that ships every pairing under the sun? o.o

My favorites:

Straight: Break x Sharon, Break x Shelly, Break x Alice, Break x Will of the Abyss, Break x Lotti, Vincent x Ada, Vincent x Will of the Abyss, Jack x Alice, Jack x Will of the Abyss (I'm just gonna call her "Abyss"), Oz x Alice, Gil x Sharon, Gil x Alice, Reim/Liam x Sharon, Eliot x Ada, Cheshire x Abyss, Cheshire x Alice.

Yuri: Sharon x Alice, Alice x Will of the Abyss (don't judge me)

Yaoi: BreakGil (OTP), BreakReim, BreakOz, BreakOscar (don't ask), BreakRufus, BreakVincent, GilOz, EliotOz, JackOz, JackGil, JackGlen, CheshireBreak, CheshireGil

OT3's: BreakGilOz, SharonBreakReim/Liam, RufusBreakVincent, AliceOzGil, JackOzGil, VincentGilBreak, AbyssBreakSharon (don't ask), AliceBreakSharon, ShellyBreakSharon, AbyssOzAlice, AbyssJackAlice. 3 8D

Yeah, I like way too many pairings. I'm pairing obsessive...so...yeah. XD I mostly write BreakSharon and BreakGil. *0* They're my two top favorites in the series...I'm also probably the only crazy person that writes BreakShelly and is intending to try to write some KevinSinclair Daughter fluffy cuteness, just friendship though, since she was so young. lol

4/10/2010 #12
To-Be-Silent

I like the couple Sharon x Break, it's my favorite

My second favorite would be Gil x Alice. I just love the love/hate relationship they have

6/6/2010 #13
savory pie

Well...I'm starting to like Break/Liam a bit. XD Their relationship amuses me, as does the exchanges between Eliot and Reo. I also like Will of Abyss/Cheshire because Chesire's loyalty is so touching, but I'm not really into pairings in this series so far for some reason... Maybe it's the lack of character interactions?

6/15/2010 . Edited 6/15/2010 #14
One Of No Importance

I really love the pairing Oz/Echo!!! A random pairing, i know xD. but wat made me like this is in the chapters Echo of Noise and Noise of Echo, it was just too close to a pairing to ignore. i died. and in the end of the chapter wen it showed Echo disappearing into her self consious, she was crying and she sed Oz's name. *fangirl squeal* i think she likes hiiiimm cuz of the kindness he shows her :) (or maybe my fangirl obsessive nature is making me see things D:). They are both my favorite charas and i would pass out if they ended up together xD

I have to say tho, Alice/Break is adorable toooooo.... im miss random pairing girl arent i?

2/11/2011 #15
NaiShiteru

Oh well, I've got to agree with One Of No Importance with Alice/Break. I really like it, too. But, my fave pairings in Pandora Hearts are Oz/Gil and Leo/Elliot, I've got to say. :)

4/10/2011 #16
Kashii Ai

I'm a h*** OzxAlicexGil shipper, as an OT3, with things mutual all the way around--basically, OzxAlice, OzxGil, and GilxAlice all in one. I find threesomes a lot more interesting than love triangles, and all three characters end up happy, rather than one having to settle for someone they don't love/love less. And I quite honestly think it's pretty canon, even if it never happens in the manga. They all flirt with each other all the time. XD

I also really like BreakxSharon, and LeoxEliot. Yesh~

7/4/2011 #17
Annabelle Mapel

I love OzxGil It's so cute. XD Lol It's my favorite pairing in any anime. I think it has to do with the servant master thing. I like Ciel x Sebastian as well.(Not from pandora hearts Only used as another example of Servant master.)

10/14/2011 #18
whatdotheydream

Oz was in love with Alice when he was a stuffed rabbit. I find that endearing.

9/22/2012 #19
whatdotheydream

So....I like OzxAlice(OTP), LeoxElliot, GilxAda, OswaldxGil (sorta....IDK I think I ship them platonically, but I LOVE them), AdaxVincent, AdaxBreak(crack, totally crack), SharonxBreak, GilxSharon, BreakxAlyss, JackxAlyss, AlyssxCheshire, SharonxVincent(I just thought of that one, and it appealed to me.....XO), VincentxEcho/Noise, LottiexGlen, LaciexRevis, RufusxCheryl, SharonxReim, ShellyxBreak, SarahxOscar, OscarxKate(W**?!?!?!?), BreakxHuman!Emily(ANOTHER W**!?!?!? pairing from me), ElliotxAlyss, ReimxLily(BWAHAHAHAHA), LottiexBreak(Another spurr of the moment thing) and in a few seconds my mind will be buzzing with more and more crack pairings. SO I better stop typing......

And yeah. I LOVE crack pairings. They are my life. Oh, and I forgot VincentxAlyss and GilxAlyss. Ahsdlfahsdguilvba my brain......

8/8/2013 #20
Forum Moderators: savory pie
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member