Amid the Boughs of Eryn Lasgalen There Was a Talan
A place to talk about Tolkien's works and writing, or just chat about life in general. Come on up, be careful on the rope ladder! And join right in. We're a friendly bunch, often random, but all with a love of the works of JRR Tolkien and fanfiction.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Nieriel Raina

Anyone wanna yack about the latest info on The Hobbit movies? Find any good tidbits you'd like to share? Post it here!

1/13/2012 #1
WriterWilf

I would like to know as much info as possible.

Out of curiosity, are any of the actors who played in the other films going to be making a reappearance in this movie?

1/13/2012 #2
Nieriel Raina

Yes! Hugo Weaving is back as Elrond. Orlando Bloom is back as Legolas. *ecstatic cheer* Cate Blanchet as Galadriel. Ian McKellan as Gandalf and even Christopher Lee as Saruman. And if you're asking why some of those characters are coming back when they're not in the Hobbit, it's because PJ is exploring the White Council and the fall of Dol Guldur, which is where Gandalf was while the dwarves were wandering in Mirkwood. :)

Lots of info on The One Ring.net and on Peter Jackson's Facebook pages.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/TheOneRingnet

http://www.facebook.com/#!/PeterJacksonNZ

1/14/2012 #3
Nieriel Raina

Evangiline Lily on The Hobbit and her character, Tauriel: "Yes, she is a warrior. She's actually the head of the Elven guard. She's the big shot in the army. So she knows how to wield any weapon, but the primary weapons that she uses are a bow and arrow and two daggers. And she's lethal and deadly. You definitely wouldn't want to be caught in a dark alley next to Tauriel."

*scream*

*screams more*

I hope she dies in the end. That is all.

1/27/2012 . Edited 1/27/2012 #4
Hamfast Gamgee

I've heard that she romps with Legolas who is supposed to be guarding the Dwarves at Mirkwood which is how Bilbo arranges the escape!

1/28/2012 #5
militaryhistory

Annnnd PJ just lost me.

1/28/2012 #6
FARK2005

Evangiline Lily on The Hobbit and her character, Tauriel: "Yes, she is a warrior. She's actually the head of the Elven guard. She's the big shot in the army. So she knows how to wield any weapon, but the primary weapons that she uses are a bow and arrow and two daggers. And she's lethal and deadly. You definitely wouldn't want to be caught in a dark alley next to Tauriel."

Please tell me this is some kind of a joke - PLEASE!!!

1/29/2012 #7
WriterWilf

If this is a joke, this is the cruelest joke that can possibly be divised, and I would actually struggle to forgive NiRi for it.

1/29/2012 #8
Hamfast Gamgee

It's no joke, I've heard it too! Unless PJ is playing a joke on all of us. But it might not turn out quite like this. I'm not sure the actress in question was selected for her brains, anyway! Mind, my own Taure is doing fine in my Narnia tale.

1/30/2012 #9
Nieriel Raina

No joke.

1/30/2012 #10
Nieriel Raina

But even though Jackson's "Hobbit" isn't "as much of a children's story as the original book was," he's worked hard to make sure the films still "have some humor" to them. For example, Jackson promised that "some of the songs [from the novel] have made their way in there."

Please tell me there is NOT going to be Tra-la-lallys in The Hobbit! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! Tauriel (see above) is bad enough, but if there are tra-la-lallys I am WALKING OUT!!!!!!!!

2/2/2012 #11
The Lauderdale

I do not hate Tauriel on principle. In practice, she's probably going to suck. But we shall see, won't we.

And I am all in favor of tra-la-la-lallies. Read in context, in the book, we can see the narrator doesn't think highly of them either. A few good reaction shots could make magic out of that scene.

2/2/2012 #12
Nieriel Raina

And I am all in favor of tra-la-la-lallies. Read in context, in the book, we can see the narrator doesn't think highly of them either. A few good reaction shots could make magic out of that scene.

I hate you and I hate the tra-la-lallies. ;p

2/2/2012 #13
The Lauderdale

Namaste, ma chérie. [smiles beneficently]

2/2/2012 #14
Nieriel Raina

Ah, don't mind me. I'm just grumpy. And I detest those Tra-la-la-lallies.

2/2/2012 #15
Hamfast Gamgee

But that's one of my favorite parts! And I can't think of anything else that rhymes with valley!

2/4/2012 #16
butterflyninja935

Hi Hamfast, don't think we've met. Here's what rhymes with valley (shamelessly copied and pasted from rhyme zone):

1 syllable: halle

2 syllables: alie, alley, alli, allie, balli, bally, braley, bralley, cali, calley, cally,challis, dalley, dally, devalle, galley, galli, graley, halley, hally,lalley, lalli, lally, malley, mally, nalley, nally, raley, rally, sallee,salley, sallie, sally, scally, shali, stahley, stahly, straley, talley, tally,vallee, vallely, valli, whalley

3 syllables: black sally, blind alley, cavalli, delvalle, finale, mccalley, mcgalley,mcnalley, mcnally, omalley, o'malley, pep rally, ranalli, ship's galley,verbally, vitale, vitaly

4 syllables: bowling alley, dillydally, skittle alley, tin pan alley

5 syllables: create verbally

2/4/2012 #17
The Lauderdale

And I've just ruled out 61 of them. ;)

ETA: Leaving six that aren't silly or too obscure (and therefore silly.)

2/5/2012 . Edited 2/5/2012 #18
Nieriel Raina

I'm kind of liking dilly dally in the valley myself. ;P

2/5/2012 #19
butterflyninja935

LOL :)

2/6/2012 #20
The Lauderdale

I will amend my earlier comment. Dillydally is pretty silly, but it works. Make that silly:feasible 60:7.

2/7/2012 #21
butterflyninja935

I don't think I've ever seen that ratio before.

2/7/2012 #22
Hamfast Gamgee

I suppose they could sing, 'We have a nice Elf-maiden called Sally!' Yes, I know that Sally is not a very Elven name, but this is the Hobbit. Perhaps the real name for her was something like Saladurly the name of a rose in Valinor as it happens, but this been the Hobbit the name was simplified for the travelers sake!

2/8/2012 #23
butterflyninja935

You people know names of roses in Valinor. I feel quite stupid compared to you.

2/8/2012 #24
Nieriel Raina

Ummm... I don't think 'Saladurly' means anything in Quenya nor is it a rose in Valinor. I'm thinking Hamfast was being a bit facetious. ;)

2/8/2012 #25
butterflyninja935

Okay then, I feel less stupid.

2/9/2012 #26
Hamfast Gamgee

Yes, I did make it up. Making stuff up around here, who would have thought it? :) But who is to say that there wasn't a flower in Valinor that sounded a bit like Sally. I don't think every type of flora on that continient has been catagorizied!

2/11/2012 #27
butterflyninja935

Me neither.

2/11/2012 #28
WriterWilf

Likely.

So what other news do we know about the upcoming film. Let's try to think positive. :D

2/17/2012 #29
butterflyninja935

Well, Orlando Bloom is hot! And he will be in it! 8D

2/17/2012 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Nieriel Raina NiRi's Narrations, Avenging Archer
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member