East West Relations
Discuss all things CHESS!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
BroadwayNerd

Personally, I am drawn to slightly unusual pairings like Freddy/Svetlana...or pretty much anything involving Svetlana.

Molokov/anyone is improbable, but interesting... particularly Molokov/Florence.

8/13/2009 . Edited 8/25/2009 #1
zedille

I love Svetlana!

I'm convinced Svetlana knew Molokov before she married Anatoly. The Svetlana/Anatoly relationship is really fascinating too: why did they marry? Do they still love each other?

Now that you think about it... Svetlana/Freddie could work, as both of them were left by their previous respective partners.

We must spread the Svetlana love :)

11/11/2009 . Edited 12/27/2011 #2
BroadwayNerd

Yay! A person!

Svetalan rocks, especially Kerry Ellis' portrayal, I'm so glad someone agrees with me!

Now that you mention it, Svetlana and Molokov probably do have some sort of history... romantic history perhaps?

On another note, I keep remebering the Arbiter saying "I don't like women"... Hmm... Freddie/Arbiter would be interesting.

11/11/2009 #3
zedille

I feel so sorry for Svetlana. If you think about it, her husband left her for another woman, and then came back to her for that woman's sake, not even for her or their family. We can understand his motivation, we can understand how he fell in love with Florence, but still, poor Svetlana.

Kerry Ellis is amazing!

They knew each other before Anatoly came in the picture. Then what happened once Anatoly defected?

I can't see Freddie/Arbiter. I'm sure they could bond over their love for chess, but how would it work as a romantic pairing?

11/11/2009 . Edited 12/27/2011 #4
BroadwayNerd

Now that you mention it, I really can't see it happening either.

4/22/2010 #5
Queen of the Bobs

I've always really liked Freddie/Anatoly

8/1/2010 #6
BroadwayNerd

It's an interesting pairing, isn't it? I confess, I can't see Freddie ever entering into a serious relationship with anyone (least of all Anatoly), but I'd think he's had more than his share of short-lived romances.

8/29/2010 #7
Queen of the Bobs

I can see Freddie/Anatoly working because both of them would accept that chess will always be more important to them than thier partners.

8/29/2010 #8
Narusakufan101

I like freddie/florence and i'm hopeing they got back together. i feel so bad for freddie :( i think he deserves florence more than anatoly does

12/6/2010 #9
goodbye world

Um... huh?

8/15/2011 #10
Lyra124

I kinda agree... I don't know why, and it goes against logic, but I kinda also like Freddie/Florence tooo. I agree that Freddie isn't exactly deserving, but I still like it...

12/20/2011 #11
Hedwig466

Heyy guys! I kind of like both Anatoly/Florence and Freddie/Florence.

Haha, and Freddie/Arbiter.. not sure that'd work. Arbiter seems to unattached!

8/8/2012 #12
Rumpleteazer10

Hey! I'm with you - I like Freddie/Florence, but I have to say, I love playing around with Svetlana pairings. It's a shame she isn't as big a character as Florence in the show

8/10/2012 #13
IrynaViktoriya
I like Anatoly/Florence and Svetlana/Molokov
6/18/2013 #14
JCaballero

5/25/2014 . Edited 6/1/2014 #15
Forum Moderators: BroadwayNerd
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member