Peeta vs Gale
Well, after haveing a heated discussion with my friends, we are all fighting on who's better: Gale or Peeta. So I thought it would be interesting to see what the people of fanfiction thought. Comments? Opinions? Everything's accepted and debatable!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Fifidear

There's something I just think is wrong about Peeta and something more right in Gale.

1. Peeta's name means bread. Bread gets moldy eventually, maybe in the upcoming Mockingjay!

2. Gale always agrees with Katniss' decisions because he gets her.

3. He gets upset at Peeta for stealing away his love interest.

4. He doesn't want to be known for a fake cousin. Something more.

5. He hunted with her EVERY sunday even if it meant leaving his family

6. They both feel each others pain when it comes to the mine explosion

7. He keeps looking at her in the 74th Reapings.

8. Gale tries to say something to her at the end of the good-byes. "Katniss, remember I- " and then he gets cut off. It was most likely an "I love you."

9. Katniss keeps thinking about how he's doing while she's in the Capitol.

10. Gale risked his own family and life to save Katniss' family.

11. He doesn't tell her lies. (It's even told by Katniss in the book.)

12. You can tell he loves her and wants to have a future with her before the 74th reapings in the woods.

13. He spent his money, which he has few of, on bread so that they could just share it together.

14. Katniss gets jealous when Haymitch talks about Madge and how she must like Gale.

15. Katniss risked herself by trying to stop the whip even if it meant getting hurt so she could help gale from the whippings.

16. Katniss traces Gale's lips as if she wants to kiss him while he's hurt. And she does after a moment!

17. They've truley known each other for four years. Peeta has just been stalking her for 11. That's way off!

18. Gale has nicknamed her.

19. Gale DOES have a picture on Hunger Games Wiki!

20. He's man enough to kiss Katniss himself than wait until she does it for him like Peeta.

21. Gale was one of the screams from the jabberjays meaning Katniss really does care about him.

22. He's said I love you to her in the woods once, but Katniss didn't hear him though.

23. He's more open to Katniss than any other girl, including Madge or even his mother and little sister.

24. Katniss just doesn't want to hurt Peeta

25. Even though he kills poor animals, he's sweet enough to give them a little prayer and a small funerul.

26. He's more willing to protect Katniss and her family then his own.

27. He asks Katniss if she'd run away with him into the woods.

28. They share everything with each other until Peeta comes along and ruins it.

29. He can fend for himself, unlike Peeta who had to be saved by Katniss a couple times in Catching Fire and one or two times in the Hunger Games.

30. Even though all the girls like him because he looks hot, he always has his eyes on Katniss.

31. Katniss says that gale smells like "Oranges or Alder's Smoke." She'd have to smell him to know that.

32. Most people from the district led the interviews to Gale's house. Meaning the whole District knows about how he feels for her too.

33. Gale looks like a man from his description unlike Peeta who sounds like a child.

34. "She's just afraid about her boyfriend!" And so Peeta Agrees. Ha ha.

35. Gale offers to help Peeta even though they both are rough against each other.

36. He's most likely to help Katniss get Peeta back In MockingJay just to make Kat Happy.

37. Random- If Peeta and Kat were going to get married, they'd stay somewhere like that roof on the training center so they could be alone and talk together. Gale would be more romantic and find a woody area.

38. They know each other better.

39. Katniss doesn't have to change to be with gale.

40. Merchants are more uptight.

41. Seam kids always have something special about themselves.

42. Katniss is willing to help gale even if it means spending less time with Peeta.

43. They share a more meaningful kiss.

44. Strawberries taste gooooddd!

45. He doesn't give up, unlike Bread boy.

46. Gale will do anything to make the rebellion bigger but keep Katniss by his side.

47. Gale's got a better personality than Peeta.

48. If he were picked during the Hunger Games, he would have stuck right by her side the whole time.

49. He knows how to hunt.

50. Gale is the best at EVERYTHING!

---Fifi

8/19/2010 #1
Sapphire Wych

omg! I just finshed reading mockingjay. it sux!

8/25/2010 #2
Fifidear

Just finished it too. I can't hate SC, but it is kinda sad. ---Fifi

8/25/2010 #3
the.shadow.of.smoke

The ending sucked terribly. The beginning and middle were okay, even straying into good.

But the anti-climatic-ness. ;.; It kills me inside, because I know Collins knows how to write good action scenes.

9/1/2010 #4
DawnSox

Love it. Thanks for posting.

11/22/2010 #5
Mery-M-E-Arrow

31 is funny xD I imagine the scene ^^

I totally agree with each point, especially the 50th !

Team Gale power ! ^^

12/10/2010 #6
readandwrite4evernever20

Ha Ha yeah I loved #31!!!! Mockingjay was okay... but why did Prim have to die? I really didn't think that that was necessary to the storyline... seeing all of those kids die was enough for me to get the idea...

12/22/2010 #7
Colored Sabotage

I always felt Collins made Katniss and Gale much much better friends, that they would know enough to not just accept that they're living ten districts away from each other. I really thought that she would end up with Gale, who I think understands her a whole lot more than Peeta does. I was a little disappointed with the ending.

@readandwrite4evernever When Prim died I almost cried. You're so right, I totally think it was unnecessary for her to do that.

1/10/2011 #8
paintinglies

Totally agreed with you bookwormH36. I would've thought that Gale would've tried harder to win Katniss back, but instead he's living in District 2 with a "fancy job". If Katniss was able to tell Gale everything, they're relationship should've held stronger than "I can't bear to look at you or talk to you".

1/29/2011 #9
medicusquis

Peeta's just a stupid little Gary-Stu while Gale is like my Orion. He is totally super hot, has the right amount of muscles for a teenager (unlike Peeta who has none, no matter how frickin strong he is) and can hunt. GALE IS THE BEST ON THIS ENTIRE PLANET EVEN THOUGH HE MIGHT BE JUST A TAD BIT FICTIONAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2/1/2011 #10
Catie Greensman

im totally team gale, but in one of my stories, my fav guy character is gonna become peeta (literally, im not kidding), so i'm veering but as far as just those books, TEAM GALE (read the 71st hunger games!)

3/8/2011 #11
ColorTheSky

Darling, I insanely agree. Not to be mean or anything, but you should change your title to 50 reasonS. :D

3/10/2011 #12
I'mDifferent-GetOverIt

GALE + KATNISS 4EVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Peetah, you suck.

AHHH!!!! The ending of Mockingjay:

1st: Prim NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! DANG TWO OUT OF THREE OF MY FAV CHARACTERS DIED: PRIM AND RUE!! AT least I still have Gale.

2nd: YUCK, Katniss and Peetah had childeren.

3rd: Katniss, Gale really loves you and was NOT kissing another "set of lips". He was moping that you had chosen Peetah over him.

5/16/2011 #13
bookworm324

LOL, yeah I agree!! Although, personally, I think both Peeta and Gale have their redeeming qualities, I just prefer Gale. He's manly, he was going to say 'I love you' first in the first book but he got interrupted by those dumb peacekeepers. (see # 8 on the list), Katniss can always rely on him, and he understands Katniss!!! Peeta is kinda.... useless. When it comes to hunting and fighting and stuff. He just sucks at that. Feel kind of bad for him...

5/29/2011 #14
The Crying Girl

While some of these statements may be true, I would like to point out some facts that are supporting Peeta. (I've tried to list them in the same order as the forum has them listed.)

1. Peeta does not mean bread. It is spelled differently: Pita bread.

2. Gale does not always agree with Katniss! (Example: When she wanted to run away.)

3.Peeta also gets upset when he sees Katniss with Gale.

4. Peeta also wants to be "something more". Remember how dissapointed he was when he found out that their love was just an act?

5. Now heres the interesting thing with point 5 supporting Gale. The reason Gale went hunting every Sunday with Katniss was for his family. Not because he couldn't stand to be without her. This is also and unfair point to use because Katniss didn't even really know Peeta back then.

6. Ok great! They feel each other's pain. This contributes in no way to their "love".

7. Ok people read number 7 in the above forum. First of all, Katniss doesn't know where Peeta is so he could be staring at her as well. (He probably is since he already loves her.)

8. When Gale got cut off, he didn't love Katniss yet.

9. The reason she keeps thinking about has more contributing factors. For example: Gale is the one who is keeping her family alive, so obviously she must be worried.

10. Gale never risked his own families life to safe Katniss'

11. I have two responses to this: One, Gale does lie. (When she's living in district 13 and the propo for the capital with Peeta comes on. She stays mad at gale for days.) Two, She never could have said that Gale never lies because he already has.

12. They don't love each other before the 74th reaping.

13. Which would you rather have? Someone who has to spend money to buy bread? Or someone who can make the bread?

14. If you remember, Katniss and Gale just know each other, they don't have other friends. Katniss will obviously feel jealous when Gale might have a friend besides her.

15. She helped gale because he was her friend.

16. She has also kissed Peeta.

17. Ok, so shes know gale for 4 years. And that means?

18. Ok lets get something straight. Gale has not nicknamed her. It was a mistake he made when they first met.

19. ?????? What does this have to do with Katniss??????

20. Untrue. Gale is cocky enough to assume that Katniss must undoubtedly love him because he's so ...cool. Peeta, on the other hand, is respectful of women and therefore waits until she is ready.

21. Ok hears what wrong with this. Yes, Gale's voice did come from a jabberjay. The reason it wasn't Peeta is because he was with her at the time. Also, remember when Peeta got shocked my the force field? Katniss was in tears that he had died.

22. Remember the saying: "Actions speak louder than words"? Peeta is the actions (but he's also good with words too) and Gale is the words.

23. Gale is more open because he grew up with her! Of course he wouldn't say anything to them! Can you imagine Gale going to his mom and saying: Hey mom, guess what? I love Katniss.

24. This point means she loves Peeta.

25. Which is what all hunter can do.

------Due to lack of time I will have to stop here. Sorry!-------

6/5/2011 #15
I'mDifferent-GetOverIt

OH. MY. GODS. GET OVER IT!!!! SOME PEOPLE ACTUALLY THINK THAT GALE AND KATNISS SHOULD BE TOGETHER!!!!!!! I DON'T GO ON PEETAH/KATNISS FORUMS AND BASH THEM, I JUST LET THEM BE AND SPEND TIME WITH OTHER PEOPLE WHO AGREE WITH ME!!!!!!!! WHY WOULD YOU CLICK ON SOMETHING THAT PROMOTES SOMETHING YOU DON'T LIKE?! I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS ROCKET SCIENCE!!!! APPARENTLY IT IS!!!!! And now, I give you, my retaliation:

1. I KNOW HOW PITA BREAD IS SPELT!!!!

2. HE WAS SCARED FOR HER SAFETY!!!!

3. So what? Peetah gets upset when he sees Gale and Katniss together? What's your point?

4. Again, so what? If they want the same thing, the best man *cough*GALE*cough* shall win

5. HE WANTED TO SPEND TIME WITH KATNISS!!!!!

6. YES IS DOES!!!!! THEY UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER!!!!

7. AGIAN, THEY BOTH DO THE SAME THING: OH WELL!!!

8. WHAT WAS HE GOING TO SAY, THEN?

9. SHE CAN BE WORRIED FOR MORE THAN ONE REASON!!!!

10. YES HE DID!!!!! AND YOU DIDN'T USE THE PROPER PUNCTUATION ON FAMILIES!!!!

11. HE LIED BECAUSE HE DIDN'T WANT KATNISS TO BE UPSET

12. YES THEY DID!!!!!

13. YOU STILL HAVE TO BUY THE INGREDIENTS FOR THE BREAD!!!!! AND I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO SEE PEETAH MAKE SNARES AS GOOD AS GALE (THOSE CATCH FOOD, YOU KNOW)

14. WHO SAID THAT THEY DIDN'T HAVE OTHER FRIENDS? WHAT ABOUT MADGE?

15. SHE CAN HELP HIM FOR MORE THAN ONE REASON!!!!

16. OH WELL!!!!

17. IT MEANS THEY KNOW EACH OTHER, DUMMY!!!!!

18. YES, THAT WAS, BUT HE DOESN'T CALL HER BY HER REAL NAME NOW, HUH? HE GAVE HER THAT NICKNAME BASED OFF THAT MISTAKE!!!!

19. IT MEANS HE IS IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO HAVE A PICTURE!!!!!

20. GALE IS NOT COCKY!!!!!!! HE IS DOWN TO EARTH, AND KIND!!!! HE THINKS KATNISS DOESN'T LOVE HIM (SHE SECRETLY DOES, I KNOW IT) SO HE TRIES TO WIN HER OVER.

21. UMM....JUST BECAUSE HE WAS THERE DOESN'T MEAN THAT THE JABBERJAYS COULDN'T HAVE SOUNDED LIKE HIM. AND KATNISS HAS CRIED BECAUSE SHE THOUGHT GALE WAS GOING TO DIE TOO...MUST YOU FORGET THE WHIPPING THINGY? AND THERE SHE TRIED TO SAVE HIM TOO!!!

22. WHAT IN RA'S NAME DID THAT HAVE TO DO WITH GALE/KATNISS/PEETAH?!?!?!?!?!?!

23. HE IS OPEN WITH HER BECAUSE HE TRUSTS HER!!!!

24. NO IT MEANS SHE KNOWS HE LOVES HER AND CAN'T STAND SEEING PEOPLE IN PAIN!!!

25. HUNTERS CAN DO MUCH MORE THAN STUPID BAKERS CAN!!!! YOU HAVE TO BE CLEVER TO CATCH SOMETHING!!!!

----I'M GLAD YOU'RE PRESSED FOR TIME, BECAUSE I'M TIRED OF HEARING YOUR STUPID BANTER----

6/5/2011 #16
paintinglies

Seriously, I think we should all calm down for one freaking second and stop bashing each other. -.- Especially @I'mDifferent-GetOverIt . I'm a die-hard Gale/Katniss fan but @The Crying Girl DID NOT bash Gale/Katniss. She just pointed out some things that supports Peeta, since I believe that both characters are equally balanced.

@The Crying Girl Your points are mostly pretty solid evidence against Gale/Katniss, (or actually, your points support both Peeta/Katniss and Gale/Katniss) but I have a few rebuttals. (: \

8. "When Gale got cut off, he didn't love Katniss yet." - opinion. For all we know, Gale could've loved Katniss back then, judging by the fact that he spent a lot if time with her. When he got cut off, he could've said a myriad of things ("Katniss, remember, I found a dead fish in the lake!" Yeah, doesn't really work.) but it's very likely that he wanted to say "I love you".

10. "Gale never risked his family's life to save Katniss." - a little iffy. Though, yes, he never directly put Posy's (example) life in line to save Katniss, by being close to Katniss during Catching Fire and Mockingjay, he was endagering his family also.

12. "Gale doesn't love Katniss before the 74th Reaping." - again OPINION. It's never clear if Gale truly loved Katniss or not, in the beginning of the first book, he talks about running away with Katniss and how they could make it together. (Implying that Gale does want a future with Katniss which also vaguely implies that he loves her.)

15. "She helped Gale (the whipping) because he was her friend." - Would you take a whipping for your friend?

16. "She has also kissed Peeta." - sorry, but not a valid argument for #16. It's not like Katniss gives out kisses to every boy in District 12. During that time, Katniss had mixed feelings about her relationship with both Gale and Peeta, so she might've wanted to kiss Gale at that point in the book.

17. "Ok, so shes know gale for 4 years. And that means?" - totally missing the point. This is a forum called "50 Reasons why Gale is better than Peeta", so the the original #17 meant that Gale truly knew Katniss for four solid years, but Peeta has only watched her from afar, "like a stalker". (Not my words, don't bash me.) If you really wanted to get technical, Gale knows Katniss better than Peeta, implying that Gale loved Katniss more for her personality than Peeta.

18. "Ok lets get something straight. Gale has not nicknamed her. It was a mistake he made when they first met." - It is a nickname, Gale called her Catnip lots of times. Mistake or not, Gale still uses it, so yes IT IS A NICKNAME. (Dictionary.com: Nickname: a name added to or substituted for the proper name of a person, place, etc., as in affection, ridicule, or familiarity.)

20. "Untrue. Gale is cocky enough to assume that Katniss must undoubtedly love him because he's so ...cool. Peeta, on the other hand, is respectful of women and therefore waits until she is ready." - actually NO. When Gale kisses Katniss, he's already (mostly) given up on her ("I had to do that. At least once."). I also think Gale waits. IMO, He was waiting for the right time to tell Katniss he loves her, and then the reaping happened, which made it too late. (Which goes back to #8. He wanted to tell Katniss he loved her, but couldn't do it, which meant they were never meant to be. -sobs-.)

22. "Remember the saying: "Actions speak louder than words"? Peeta is the actions (but he's also good with words too) and Gale is the words." - just curious, what are the actions Peeta makes/does/shows to show Katniss that he loves him? (I'm sure there are some but I can't think of any.)

25. "Which is what all hunter can do." - this doesn't make any sense at all.

6/7/2011 #17
The Crying Girl
This comment is hypocritical. (Clicking on something to "bash" it) There are also some logical fallacies in some of your points. (attacking the person instead of the idea) Some of your points don't even make sense and are opinionated. Oh and by the way... There's a funny quote I came upon recently: "If I want your opinion I'll give you one."
6/7/2011 #18
The Crying Girl
Haha. Do i sense some debater in there? Anyways. This whole topic is weak on significance. And is debateable in itself. TO ALL PEOPLE OUT THERE: Last time I checked, I had rights. Therefore, I can say what I want. Fan fiction is a place to say what you thing, and a forum is a place to discuss things. Have fun.
6/7/2011 #19
paintinglies

@The Crying Girl I hope you're not talking to me, because I only offered rebuttals to your comments, like you did to the original topic.

6/7/2011 #20
The Crying Girl
No, I was not specifically talking to you.
6/7/2011 #21
GirL0vesDoom

She just needed an excuse to get Gale out of the picture..that's why she killed Prim..

BUT I LOVE GALE MOREE3

6/12/2011 #22
an immortal soul

Collins had Prim killed because the series is partly about the effect of war on children. And Prim is, more than any other character, the innocent of The Hunger Games.

I'mDifferent-GetOverIt, isn't 'spelt' a grain? And typing in all caps does nothing but make me wince (unless you are trying to hurt our eyes until we agree with everything you write) so I suggest you refrain from doing that.

KidsInLovex already pointed out most of what I am thinking, so I'm just going to (pathetically) second her post.

6/13/2011 #23
XxSimplyAlicexX

Yes, but I guess seeing that Prim dies, everyone is hit by it. Because though you know everyone is dying, and there's no doubt that you feel bad but it doesn't REALLY hit you hard until someone so lovable in the story is taken away just like that. It makes you heartbroken and realize exactly how serious this is.

I suppose it wasn't the most necessary thing, but I figure it's to make a storyline realistic and authentic.

Mockingjay wasn't the best book ever, The Hunger Games and Catching Fire were definitely utterly amazing. This wasn't bad though. I've read worse.

7/23/2011 #24
Katie.d13
Okay first off, this is a Gale Vs. Peeta forum and everyone has the right to state their opinion. I for one am a Gale/Katniss fan and got really pissed off with the whole Peeta ruining it kind of thing. FROM THE VERY BEGINING I was Gale all the way even before Peeta came into wverything I was like "OMG Gale and Katniss!" :) but still I agree with most of what the Crying Girl had to say. She made very great points and I wished she would have continued to fifty. This is a very good debating topic that I am sure we could go on for decades about, but the thing is Collins wrote what she felt was right despite what everyone said. Example, (kind of) J.K. Rowling was determined to kill off Harry Potter in the end but her fans pressured her not to. She just wanted it to be done but then decided against it thinkig of her fans. (I don't know or care if you are HP fans it's just an example) Collins did what she wanted not what her fans did. Now with Prim, I was a baby and cried my eyes out, but it was something Collins decided to put in. Mockingjay was definitly not the best of the books and I was disappointed but this series is still definitly in my top ten and just because something didn't go the way you wanted it to, doesn't mean it wasn't a good book.
7/26/2011 #25
XxSimplyAlicexX

Yes, I do agree that even so, Mockingjay is still a spectacular book, but to me it wasn't in the same league as the first two. I do see why people do root for Gale, considering that they had a thing going before, but when Peeta admitted to liking Katniss, it changed my perspective completely. Though some people might find it stalker-ish (and it kinda is), I also think about how it shows that even though this is a new world completely surrounded by hunger and poverty, that life goes on and people are still human. Peeta is just that guy who is too shy to confront his crush. I thought it was a nice touch. I guess it also shows the twist and turns of life that the one guy that you have feelings for at the moment may change later. I have to admit that at one point I was Team Gale at first, but only because Katniss showed an interest in him. The second time I read the book, I noticed the romance between Peeta and Katniss, and Peeta completely enchanted me with that love since kindergarten thing. Of course in the third book, Gale admits to having a life with other girls at school outside of Katniss, which is completely fine of course by all means, but it just seemed that Katniss didn't have much of a life with other guys other than Gale (and when you think about it, during The Hunger Games, Peeta doesn't count because she never realized her true feelings for him, though she knew that she did care for him, it wasn't because they were in love, just like she cared for him as a friend). I do have to agree with Crying Girl and some of Fifidear. Both bring up some excellent points. Of course, again, this is just my own opinion, but to me, it almost seems that Gale is a little... stuck-up. Just assuming that Katniss liked him (as Crying Girl points out on number 20).

Now that I reread my first comment, I see that it makes it sounds like because Prim died, the whole book was a failure. I just need to clear up some stuff: I don't think that Mockingjay was BAD. I just thought it wasn't as good as The Hunger Games or Catching Fire, because of a couple things, but the main thing was that Gale left so quickly and ended up being such a j***. Collins almost rushed it, as if she whole time she favored Peeta herself (which she could've, who knows?), and even myself not being a Gale fan, I figured that Gale and Peeta would almost fight for her. Like Katniss would pick Peeta, and Gale would argue and try to come up with reasons why he loved her more, then in the end let Katniss go because he figured that he just wants her to be happy, or Katniss would pick Gale and Peeta would experience heart-break. I guess that's another reason I like Peeta, because he's just so... likable and respective. He's a guy that won't just leave whenever: he respects whatever she thinks and just wants her to be happy, aside from making himself happy for his own self.

This series is still in my personal top three series, and probably one of the best series I've read ever since Harry Potter. Again, no offense intended, this is just my own personal opinion.(:

7/26/2011 #26
Katie.d13
Yes, that is totally true. Peeta is one of those boys that is just so lovable. It's the kind of guy you wish was your boyfriend. You wish it was the guy that could be there right with you. It's so true that he definitly has that great side of him and I am not hating the decision the author made Katniss make. One of my favorite sayings is, Boys are always better in books. And no that is not a real saying...i think... :)
7/26/2011 #27
paintinglies

@Katie.d13 I find that the major difference between the Harry Potter series and Hunger Games trilogy is that the Harry Potter series has a much broader fan base. I'm not saying the Hunger Games is smaller to Harry Potter, it's just that J.K. Rowling put out 7 books over the course of ten years, while Suzanne Collins put out three books in just two years. J.K. Rowling had much more time for the fan base to grow before she wrote Deathly Hallows, so by killing off the main character, she would be upsetting millions of fans out there - something an author doesn't really want. Also, Collins didn't actually kill off Katniss, the main character, so it's very different.

I don't mind Katniss/Peeta as much, but I rather read Katniss/Gale simply because Katniss/Peeta is done. Already written about in the books. I don't really ship canon because fanon pairings give you room to speculate without changing the story's plot.

But I definitely wouldn't mind a boy like Peeta being my boyfriend. (;

7/27/2011 #28
PurelyAwesome28

Oh by the way, I think even Gale said that it was hard to hate Peeta :)

8/5/2011 #29
memingers

I don't totally hate Peeta, I just think that Peeta is a bit stupid and Gale can fend for himself. Also Peeta is just like, "Katniss, I lurve you sooooooooo much! Please come and save because I'm kind of dying in a mud pool." While Gale is more subtle than declaring it to the whole of Panem. So, yeah, I'm on Team Gale but I don't hate Peeta. I'm mainly on Team Finnick in terms of THG boys.

8/8/2011 #30
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Nerdy-Insane-Writer
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member