Supergirl
A place to discuss topics relating to the iconic 1984 movie. Feel free to start your own topic threads. We welcome everyone to join us in a lively and animated discussion about the movie and the related fan fiction stories.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
GoldRedeemer

I'm still a bit confused on the whole inner space deal. According to the original script, Supergirl is asked by Selena where inner space is and Supergirl replies that inner space is everywhere, but water is always the door to it. The idea of it sounds very cool, but it still confuses me. Maybe someone out there can shed some light on the topic. Thanks a bunch.

10/9/2009 #1
karazorel

I tried to look up inner space on the web and the closest I got to a definition of it is spaces that exist between water molecules and exist only in the deep recesses of the ocean. Hope that helps.

10/15/2009 #2
GoldRedeemer

That makes more sense. I don't hear too many people talk about inner space the way outer space is talked about. Outer space is very interesting, but I'd like to learn more about inner space as well. When I looked up the the term online, I got pretty much the same definition. I thought that inner space was something fictionalized for the Supergirl film. Thanks very much for your help.

10/16/2009 #3
karazorel

It is often said that the stuff we see in Hollywood films have a scientific basis. I guess this is one of those times :-) I wish we could find out more about it though.

10/16/2009 #4
Carolina Dean

From reading the original script online, I always thought of inner-space as a sort of micro-verse or just another dimension. As stated before, the doorway between inner-space and our realm being water. In the audio commentary of Supergirl, they said that they originally wanted Supergirl to appear on earth from a drop of dew on a flower or some such, but they weren't able to make it look real enough at the time.

7/19/2010 #5
GoldRedeemer

I think it was an interesting, but very good idea to have Kara emerge from a lake through inner space. It's a different approach, and it seemed to work but I was a little confused about the novel. It stated that while Kara was in the Sphere (ship) she crossed some sort of horizontal line into outer space. It just didn't make much sense to me because inner space is supposed to be located deep underwater. I used to think that inner space was just some type of other wordly dimension.

10/3/2011 #6
Forum Moderators: karazorel
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member