A place to discuss topics relating to the iconic 1984 movie. Feel free to start your own topic threads. We welcome everyone to join us in a lively and animated discussion about the movie and the related fan fiction stories.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic

I am sure we will all agree with what the writer has said. Supergirl is Helen Slater's most enduring film and is a classic because of its cheesy campiness. I love the movie even more now 27 years later. Here is the link for those who may want to read it. It also has the newest picture of Helen posted. Not a very flattering shot but it shows us that the beauty is still there :-)

10/25/2009 #1

Woah, this is awesome! Thank you so much for posting this, Karazorel. It's good to see that Helen still appears to embrace her role as Supergirl by signing photos and appearing at conventions, as well as helping to create a comic book. To me, she still has that innocense about her, physically. I watched a brief interview with her at Comic Con and her voice sounds almost exactly the same as it did when she was about 18 or 19 years old. I find that very amazing. I hope that one day I can make it to a convention and receive a signed photo of her as Supergirl. It would be very cool if you Wolfgang Woman and myself could attend together. What a treat that would be.

10/25/2009 #2

I am so happy that you enjoyed the article as much as I did. I wasn't expecting an NY Times writer to write something about a movie that is considered a catalogue title and has remained mostly ignored since the day it was made. This certainly shows that Helen has left an enduring legacy in the business whether she knows it or not :-) And you are right, her voice has not changed and her looks are well preserved. I can only guess that she has always lead a healthy lifestyle which is why she is aging gracefully.

It would be a big treat indeed if we 3 could ever get together and head out to a Comic Con. What a fun and memorable day that would be. Someday... someday.

10/25/2009 #3

You know, she hasn't changed at all. Keep it up Helen.

7/31/2010 #4
Forum Moderators: karazorel
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member