Boarding school Rp
This is dead, go home. Its only kept for nostalgia.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
Simple Storyteller

We all thought of some one time or another.

And if you haven't, you will now! Place songs that fit your character! If you want, you can even roleplay a little music video for them here, place scenes from the roleplay that would fit here, or scenes from other forums they are in if you want. Or make up your own scenes right here, from their past, or make it like an actual music video? Confused? GOOD!

8/7/2010 . Edited 8/7/2010 #1
Simple Storyteller

Markus Hess- In the Light by Story Side: B.

Music video for him coming soon.

8/7/2010 . Edited 8/7/2010 #2
Simple Storyteller

Mark's Doppelganger (Later known as Hess in Young Adults) -Sound of Madness by Shinedown.

Music video may or may not come for him

Vulcon Showers- Highway to Hell by ACDC

Music video coming soon

8/7/2010 . Edited 8/7/2010 #3

(Shinedown ftw! ^^ )

8/30/2010 #4

Mike: "Pretty Fly for a White Guy" by The Offspring

Even though he's out of the roleplay for being a failed experiment, this song amuses me and is absolutely perfect.

(I think I had a dream where everyone suddenly started posting here. I could have sworn there were like 15 posts on this thread)

9/15/2010 #5

Matty: Crazy Train, Ozzy Ozbourne

9/16/2010 #6

Aaron: "Where is by mind" (The Pixies)

I was a bit reluctant to use this song because it's alternate rock and Aaron's more classic/progressive rock, but I really like it for him. It's both really fun and laidback sounding (but to mention has a prominent guitar sound). However, if you listen to the lyrics, the 'Where is by mind' can allude to either his brain injury and the missing/fuzzy parts of his memory or the psychological upheaval brought on by his dysfunctional home life......(Plus this song is at the end of Fight Club so that in itself makes it bada$$.)

11/6/2010 #7

Name- Holly Birch

Song and/or Artist- The Final Cut by Pink Floyd.

- I'm Still Here by John Rzeznik

The Final Cut- Um...sorta obvious for the main part. However, the beginning, 'I can barely define the shape of this moment in time' relates to her life in England were she was about to make the final cut. 'Far from flying high...hole in the ground where I hide' symbolises her descent in mood, her fall into depression and her retreat into her shell, which carries on to the next part. 'If you negotiate the minefields in the drive...'Open the priest hole and if I'm in I'll tell you BANG' The barrier she put around herself to protect herself from those around her, both before and after the cut.

'There's a kid who had a big hallucination' is, although not a direct link, relates to her unstable frame of mind at the time, and her blurred perception of the world for some time afterwards. 'Could anybody love him? Or is it just a crazy dream?' reflects her low selfesteem and her self doubt in herself. As, before the incident, she was punched and kicked, mentally and physically, to believe she was worthless, useless, ugly, wierd, not human, and after a while she started believing it.

'And if I show you my dark side...what would you do?' The next section is when she's partly recovered from the trauma, and her reluctance to think of the incident again. She doesn't want to tell anybody about it as she if afraid they'll make the whole thing happen again. 'I held the blade in trembling hands, prepared to make it but just then the phone rang. I never had the nerve to make the final cut.' Although Holly never had someone phone her, her mind blanked out meaning she made the final cut. Who knows what would've happened if she'd stayed concious.

The changing tempo in the song links to her turmoiled and different emotions of the whole thing. Sad, depressed, frail and weary. Made to believe she wasn't worth the dirt on her shoes. But she was also bitter, angry and hurt, mainly with herself for being so pathetic and stupid, and also with the people who did it to her, at how they could be so normal and so, apparantly, beautiful.

I'm Still Here- 'I am a question to the world' is about Holly's insecurity in the world. She wasn't sure exactly who she was, what she was meant to be like, what she was meant to think. 'I won't listen anyway. You don't know my and I'll never be what you want me to be.' Slightly ironic as yes, she did listen which is what caused the whole thing to happen. But she never did turn into the person she was expected to be, that would help get rid of the bullying.

'What do you think you'd understand? I'm a boy, no, I'm a man' Holly was much more mature than others, which was part of the reason she didn't give in to the modern trends which partly contributed to her bullying problems. 'You can't take me and throw me away' Again, ironic as, yes she was thrown about quite alot, and did feel thrown away by everyone else around her. Feeling worthless, she didn't feel that people would want to keep her.

'They don't know me 'cause I'm not here.' The repetative use of this line corresponds to Holly's inability to grasp her worth, and how she always tried to blend into the background and not be noticed. Though when this happened, it was sometimes just as bad as being bullied.

'And I want a moment to be real, wanna touch things I don't feel, wanna hold on and feel I belong.' This is about Holly's desire to be worth something and to know exactly what she is meant to do with herself. 'And how can the world want me to change, they're the ones that stay the same.' She's a little bitter here as it is obvious the people hurting her never really change. Sure, they change hobbies, interests, fashions, friends but the intent is still there. The reasoning. The spite and cruely aimed at her. And she, who constantly tried to change to feel like she belonged, was always pushed away.

'And you see the things they never see...They can't break me as long as I know who I am'. This whole verse is the small ray of sunshine, the silver lining, that was the few people she was friends with and could rely on. They gave her strength to hold herself firm and together.

The next verse is more about after the incident when, upon finding new, happier life in America, she found she was worth something and she didn't have to live in pain and suffering. 'They can't tell me who to be, 'cause I'm not what they see. And the world is still sleepin', while I keep on dreamin' for me. and their words are just whispers and lies that I'll never believe.' She's finally taken a stand and won't believe the unsavoury and cruel comments aimed toward her.

Song links-

The Final Cut-

I'm Still Here-

Music videos are not coming soon

I'll admit, I spent waaaaaaaaaaaay too much time writing this out...which is why I copied and pasted it from a different forum! :P Me lazy.

Name- Jack Wrightly

Song and/or artist- On my Way by Phil Collins

Well, he's Jack. He's a cheery guy and this is a cheery song. I thought it suited him. Because there's not much in his life that's traumatic, rare in my characters, I thought it would be nice to focus on a main point in his life which would probably be moving to America, hence the 'I'm on my way' part of the song. 'New friends and new places to see', obviously he's going to meet lots of new people, it's a whole new environment. 'Cause theres nothing like, seeing each other again… Or really lifts my heart' that whole paragraph is about Holly, seeing her again after all that time. 'Not the snow not the rain, can change my mind. The sun will come out, wait and see' Jack's a pretty optimistic person, so when things go wrong he stays positive and insists it'll turn out alright in the end.

'And I just can't wait to be home' Despite being somewhere with lots of friends and 'nothing but good times to share', he does feel homesick sometimes, missing the UK, his friends back there, etc.

Song link-

Name- Kyaila La Piedra –

Song and/or artist- Shooting Star by Boyzone

'No one seems to think too much of me here. And they're glad to tell it to my face' Obviously, Kyaila comes from quite a lonely background, being ignored and belittled by her father. She's got quite low self esteem. 'And they're right I'm not supposed to be here I'm completely out of place' She's accepted the idea that maybe she shouldn't really be there, as her dad never seems to act like he wants her, and the fact she's at the boarding school only intensifies this idea. The chorus, which I'm too lazy to copy in…okay, fine. 'And I see a shooting star set apart from all the rest. While the other stars are standing still he's on a quest. Every night this shooting star Dancing across the twilight sky. 'Cause he knows he doesn't quite fit in and he's longing to know why, why' The song is describing this shooting star, but describing it as they sort of see themselves, but not so negatively. Kyaila sometimes gets the idea that maybe there is something she should be doing, a purpose, that she hasn't discovered yet and she needs to keep going until she finds it. 'I feel so much better when it's night time, that's when I can sort of disappear. When the sun is set and it's the right time for pretending I'm not here' Kyaila has a thing about blending into the background and not being spotted. She gets up obscenely early and goes to bed pretty late, so she is up a lot when the sky is dark, which fits in with the night time part. 'And the solitary star is an awful lot like me' Solitary star, Kyaila is used to being on her own, and this is where she admits the connection between herself and the shooting star.

'If we both hang on for long enough, we both somehow are strong enough. We'll find out where we belong' Although she is a shy, quiet and likes keeping to her shell, Kyaila is quite strong, even if she doesn't look it, and so is prepared to keep going, to not give up, and is very determined when she wants to be. And so she knows if she keeps going then she might find something better.

Song Link-

Name- Gideon Whatshisface –

Song and/or artist- Paranoid Eyes by Pink Floyd

Quite a lot of this song is about Gideon's awkwardness around other people as he is paranoid about being judged and prejudiced against. 'Don't let the shield slip.' And 'bullet proof mask' are phrases in the first verse that represent him trying to hide things from other people, although this doesn't always work. 'Break down your disguise with their questions' Gideon's often been pressured by people questioning his likes and interests as they seem quite…un masculine most of the time, and sometimes the only thing he can do is hide, hence the use of 'hide' a lot. (Hide, hide, hide behind paranoid eyes)

'Fixing your grin as you casually lean on the bar, laughing too loud at the rest of the world with the boys in the crowd' Gideon tries to act like everyone around him, all the boys anyway, but finds he can't because he feels awkward around guys, but thinks his sexual preferences will be questioned if he hangs out with girls, linking back to the petrified part.

Sadly, the last verse doesn't really apply to Gid…but it's still awesome!!

Song Link-

Name- Rosie Chipper –

Song and/or artist- Captain Planet by Captain Planet

Does this really require an explanation? :P

Song Link-

(I'm sorry, but that video is just too funny…)

And there you have it. Songs for all of my characters. (At least I think that's all of them...did I miss one? *panicks*)

11/6/2010 #8

Dude! You wrote out an entire essay!!! XD

11/6/2010 #9

I know, I have no life. ¬_¬ Heeheehee...At least it means I really know my characters...

11/6/2010 #10

Captain Planet ftw, it's epic XDDDDD that kid is funny!!!!

11/8/2010 #11

Why did you pick that video Flare? And not the real one?

11/8/2010 . Edited 11/8/2010 #12

obviously because that asian kid is so much more entertaining

hehe, I like how he wore the tie...

11/8/2010 #13
Kanto Haru

"hello all" Kanto says as he walks in

11/8/2010 #14

Wrong topic. *drags Kanto over to the chat*

11/8/2010 #15
Kanto Haru

Name: Cameron (Cam) Stilo

Age 17

Theme Song: It's The End of the World by Barenaked Ladies

Name: Tom Stilo

Theme Song: How Far We've Come by Great Big Sea

Name: Kanto Haru

Theme Song: And So It Goes by Billy Joel

11/8/2010 #16

Name: Ichabod Crane McGuigan

Theme Song: The Theme from Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow

Reason: He's Ichabod, why else?

11/25/2010 #17
The name's Sherlock Holmes

Name: Violette Module

Theme Song: American Pie

12/6/2010 #18
The Music King

Name: Alex Hawthorn

Theme Song: Papercut by Linkin Park

Reason: If you're part of the plot, you would understand. If not, you will have to wait and see.

1/14/2011 #19

Name: Sarah Owens

Theme Song: Dear Laughing Doubters by Sondre Lerche

Reason: She has a secert dream.. And in her old school she told everyone, And she had a song in her ear that she heard for years, 'HAH! HAH!' They sung.

1/22/2011 . Edited 1/22/2011 #20
The Music King

Name: Mark Garcia

Theme Song: I don't want to be in love by Good Charlotte

Reason: After facing disappointments so many times with rejection from girls. He doesn't want to fall in love, for he worries he'll just end up breaking his heart.

1/23/2011 #21

Thats saaddd...

1/24/2011 #22
Hahli Nuva

David's Theme song: "What's up?"

Artist: R-Truth.

2/2/2011 #23
Kuro Hakase

Chris's theme: Creep

Artis:Scala band Kolancy brothers

Reason: The melancholic tone and lyrics talking about a person's low self confidence pretty much describes Chris and his mindset

4/2/2011 . Edited 6/16/2011 #24

Alex Roenn: The Moonlight Sonata by Ludwig van Beethoven

The reason is because the sad tone of the piece ties in with his miserable childhood and the internal scars also.

6/1/2011 . Edited 6/1/2011 #25

Name: Mitsuka Williams

Song: Toeto by Megurine Luka (his shy side)

Link for the song:

Why?: Basically, this defines him at his shy moments....which are nearly all of the time.

Song #2: Strangers Like Me by Phil Collins (his curious side).

Link for the song:

Why?: For whenever he is cuurious about meeting new people, making new friends, or trying something new (in a good way).

((Sorry for cruddy use of song...))

6/24/2011 #26

Dorian's Theme:

It basicaly explains his past

8/28/2011 #27

Lollipop - f(x) and SHINee.

Because lollipops are colorful, sweet, and pwny. And so is she. ^_^

8/28/2011 #28
Balto Kodiak

Balto Kävik Kodiak

Kenny Loggins - "Footloose"

Billy Joel - "Why Should I Worry"

Burt Reynolds & Dom DeLuise - "You Can't Keep a Good Dog Down"

Moving Pictures - "Bustin' Loose"

Kenny Loggins - "I'm Alright"

Billy Joel - "Only the Good Die Young"

Reasons: She's very footloose and doesn't have a care in the world. Despite her appearance, she is very content and happy in life. However, she is also very bad, in the eyes of teachers and other adults, but she believes that only the good die young and you can't keep a good dog down.

11/22/2011 . Edited 11/22/2011 #29
Zypher Anderson " Hit the Lights " by Selena Gomez Reason : She just wants to have fun in life and go crazy sometimes. She's one of those people that doesn't worry so much about real life
1/14/2012 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: Simple Storyteller LovesReading2, Fox-Eyes09
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member