Black Hearts, Bloody Roses
Enter a strange Earth, where creatures of mythology and folklore blend in with the populace, all trying to live in harmony, despite the conflicts between them. Chose from a race that has only been seen in legend, and prepare for anything, in this cold, cruel world, where love and happiness bloom in unlikely places. Live, with Black Hearts and Bloody Roses...
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Secret Vesper

Everyone has their secrets, but none more so than the upper class families of the Victorian Era. Each family has its own secrets to hide from each other and the rest of the world. Although, some secrets are more dangerous than others, each has formidable outcomes should it be known. They must dare to look behind the facade to see the true light of their friends, family and other wealthy aristocrats. It's time to pull some of those skeletons from the closet and back into the light. "But only those who know these enigmas may choose what is done with them, whether it remains hidden, be revealed to all or be used as leverage over others." In the end, even the most perfect of society's stars must venture to live with black hearts and bloody roses.

6/25/2010 . Edited by JobenX, 10/12/2013 #1
Secret Vesper

April 5, 1894

Few can resist the beauty of the bright spring day that has shown itself once again on the lovely city. It is the perfect day for couples to be out, for families to be in the parks, enjoying the lovely weather, with nannies watching the young ones running around, the mothers chatting softly with each other. Friends are out in the sun, playing tennis, riding bicycles or horses or just enjoying the nice weather that has come once again. Others are preparing for a ball, hosted by the Van der Berg's, as a welcome to spring and the fair weather. It is a tradition with the foreign family for this ball, and is known as one of the best parties of the season since it is the only the family ever has.

~~~

The Van der Berg household was in a rush. Marcellus Van der Berg was in the ballroom, watching over the servants as the cleared the room, getting it ready for the party that night. Some were bringing decorations, tables, chairs and small sofa's around the parimiter of the room. He nodded slightly, everything was in perfect order for the party, just as things were planned.

-----

Ophelia looked in the mirror one last time, nodding in statisfaction that her riding clothes were in impecable order. The dark green looked good on her as she secrued her hat and swept downstairs and outside. She had asked for her horse to be ready for the morning so she could go out riding before she would have to go get ready for the party that night.

-----

Thaddeus Thomas sat out in his backyard. His book was sitting in his lap as he enjoyed the sun. His breakfast was sitting next to him and he had no idea where his parents and younger brother were, but he didn't mind. He was enjoying the early morning air before the world became the busy, fast paced place he knew it to be.

8/21/2010 #2
Fear Die Rothaarige

Hattie was outside and had been for a while. Long before the sun had risen she had snuck out and saddled her horse Destrado and went out riding.

8/21/2010 #3
Iron's Grasp

Isaiah had walked to the Thomas household, and had scaled the wall surrounding the estate and headed for the back garden, a place he knew that Thaddeus frequented.

8/21/2010 #4
Secret Vesper

Hearing the familiar sound of footsteps, Thaddeus looked up and smiled seeing his friend. "A bit early for you, isn't it?" he asked, nodding to the chair across from him as he put his book down.

8/22/2010 #5
JobenX

(The Doctor was never officially approved, Tarik, you can't use him untill he has been)

Ulysess was in his room, dictating teddy bears about the upcoming mass offensive against the evil tyranny of the fluffy bunnies.

_

Constance was in the library, reading. A rare sight, as she'd rather be outside doing something rugged that was considered unladylike.

"The Van der Berg ball... How quaint" She remarked to herself. "I dare say there will be a few strapping would-be princes there... Hopefully they'll just ignore me"

_

Jakob whistled as he swept swiftly and effeciently around the Van der Berg household hallways. He had to be quick. He might have been just a servant, but he was expected to at least look presentable, to show that the Van der Berg's treated their servants with respect and had reasons to be proud of them.

_

8/22/2010 #6
Iron's Grasp

Isaiah took a seat, and said, "Well, I had to be up and ready for the Van der Berg ball this evening. Fortunately I don't have to put on anything horribly fancy until around an hour before the party."

He spotted the book. "Reading anything interesting?"

8/22/2010 #7
Secret Vesper

Ophelia spotted Jakob before her. "Jakob!" she called, hurrying after him, "Is Victory saddled?" she asked, flashing her normal bright smile.

-----

Thaddeus smiled at his friend before glancing at the book, "Milton's Paradise Lost."

8/22/2010 #8
JobenX

Jakob turned to face her, and smiled and nodded.

"Aye, Miss, saddled, cleaned, saddle cleaned and very presentable... Looks like a horse that would bear a princess... and if I might be so bold, sis- Miss, he is"

8/22/2010 #9
Secret Vesper

Ophelia smiled at his flattery, "Well thank you," she said as she continued walking. She glanced outside and saw that Thaddeus didn't have his horse saddled. "Oh dear," she sighed, "Father will throw a royal fit if I go out alone again." she said sadly.

8/22/2010 #10
JobenX

Jakob smiled, and continued his swift sweeping of the corridors.

8/22/2010 #11
Secret Vesper

Ophelia paused for a minute, a little put out that he didn't catch on. "Would you like to come with me, Jakob?" she asked, "You know Papa likes you. He thinks you're responsible and then he'll let me go on my ride." she smiled happily.

8/22/2010 #12
Iron's Grasp

Isaiah nodded. "Good book, but I always preferred Dante Alighieri."

8/22/2010 #13
JobenX

"Uh... Aye, I'd like to, but... what should I say if I'm found not doing my chores?"

(The character is a species that's not an accepted species. Change the species and especially the abilities, which I have seen, and he'll stand a better chance, preferably a species from the Accepted Species list... Plus, he also doesn't fit Vespy's own list of acceptable species for this thread itself, which she had pre-planned)

8/22/2010 #14
Secret Vesper

Thaddeus smiled, "I know you do," he said. "So, you're first ball as an engaged man," he teased kindly.

----

Ophelia smiled, "It's fine, I'll just say you were with me. Papa won't mind, especially since we're not taking the carriage out today."

(Ah, thank you, Joben! Remembering things I don't. He's right, he's not on the list of species that I posted for this roleplay)

8/22/2010 #15
Iron's Grasp

Isaiah groaned. "Don't remind me, Thaddeus. I'm not all that excited about it."

8/22/2010 #16
Secret Vesper

He smiled slightly, "You should be happy. Hattie's a nice girl, pretty, quiet. She'll make a good wife. And, between the two of you, your children should be adorable."

8/22/2010 #17
Iron's Grasp

Isaiah chuckled. "Your optimism is a bit refreshing."

8/22/2010 #18
Secret Vesper

Thaddeus smiled, "It's not optimism, it's the fact that I've known her since they moved here when we were young." he said, "Besides, you need someone to be optimistic."

8/22/2010 #19
Iron's Grasp

Isaiah said, "I find mild cynicism makes sure that I'm not disappointed."

8/22/2010 #20
Secret Vesper

Thaddeus chuckled, "Of course you do," he said, "But trust me, Hattie's a sweet girl. Obviously nothing like Ophelia." he paused for a moment, "Actually, I'm suprised that they didn't try to get Ophelia married off to you." he teased, knowing the girls wild and attention craving side.

8/22/2010 #21
JobenX

"Well, if you're sure sis- Miss" Jakob said, with a smile.

8/22/2010 #22
Iron's Grasp

Isaiah said, "Eh. This discussion is already starting to make me wonder why we aren't talking about something else."

8/22/2010 #23
Secret Vesper

Thaddeus chuckled, "Fine, then you pick the topic. Or are you looking for someone to go out and do something that your father would greatly disapprove of with?"

-----

Ophelia smiled, "Of course, I say so." she said, "Go saddle one of the other horses and we'll be off."

8/22/2010 #24
Iron's Grasp

Isaiah said, "When we say greatly disapprove, what kind of great disapproval are we talking about?"

8/22/2010 #25
Secret Vesper

Thaddeus chuckled, "Now that, is up to your devious mind, my friend."

8/22/2010 #26
Iron's Grasp

Isaiah grinned. "Well, we could see how many horses we could take from the stables around the city until we get caught."

8/22/2010 #27
Secret Vesper

Thaddeus raised his eyebrows, "That might be going a bit far." he said, "Although, we could always have horse raises through the park. I'm sure we'd get some good bets on a nice day like this." he smiled.

8/22/2010 #28
Iron's Grasp

He shrugged. "We could do that. Suppose I might be riding in the races?"

8/22/2010 #29
Secret Vesper

"Of course, you against me." he said, "We'll give the people a show." he smiled.

8/22/2010 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: JobenX Secret Vesper
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member