Black Hearts, Bloody Roses
Enter a strange Earth, where creatures of mythology and folklore blend in with the populace, all trying to live in harmony, despite the conflicts between them. Chose from a race that has only been seen in legend, and prepare for anything, in this cold, cruel world, where love and happiness bloom in unlikely places. Live, with Black Hearts and Bloody Roses...
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »

Armageddon. Anarchy. Ale. Arr. The plot deepens like the sea that is the canvas for the stories told here. Destiny unites them, diversity seperates them. A noble heart controlled by a dishonest mind. The wind in their hair and the cannonballs flying through the air, Aye, there's no life for me like a pirates life for me! Captain Zacharia Havenwood of the enigmatic ship, The Ravenfang, continues on his mysterious quest to bring his crew fame and fortune. However, he's got more than he bargained for, he's followed his journey to find the book he's been so eagerly searching for, but that's not all he's found. Along the way, he's met with spunky humans, a pair of deadly sirens, crashing caves and a mind-numbing labyrinth, complete with minotaur. Now, joining his crew is a pair of sweet siren sisters, Thexliope and Raidne, who seem to have already caught the hearts of crewmen Reynard and Morrigan. But more recently, is the even more interesting girl who spent a year of her life on the island where Zack found his book. Emily Macallister is certainly already making an impression on the crew, but what part will she end up playing in this journey which Zack promises to deliver all his promises? Meanwhile, sailing around on a personal quest for vengeance, and perhaps more, is the highly enigmatic Captain Jodeci Nightgale, who's travels have certainly caused many questions, particularly in the mind of her new companion, Jaconibus Gabriel Costanza, who was revealed to be the reincarnation of her former lover, Gabriel, who died in her arms as he protected her from a former team-mate, Kuron Jackson. In the pursuit of revenge, Jacon has given Jodeci his life in order to preserve his sanity, and their safety from his ever-growing hunger, a fact which she clearly does not enjoy, but not only that, she has a snappy and quick-witted gargoyle privateer sitting in her cells, as well as an albino boy who's responsible for the murder of just under 200 people... Every story has a legacy, and every legacy has untouched corners, which will one day be revealed, but for now, we look down on the buccaneers and bastards of the sea as they continue in their stories... For fame, glory, wealth, power, retribution, or just a good shag with a beer on the side. Who knows? The only way for certain to find out, is to watch as the Wraiths Of The Sea sweep across the oceans to face more battles, more broken hearts and more bar room brawls... So... Bring on that horizon.

The Hearts are getting Blacker, and the Roses are getting Bloodier... Who's going to survive this strange place? Only time will tell... Let's pick up where we left off, right from the action... Let's continue the story of Black Hearts, Bloody Roses...

10/6/2010 . Edited 10/6/2010 #1

"What happened?" Zack asked.

"Man wrote secrets into book, big book" The minotaur said.

10/7/2010 #2
Secret Vesper

Emily raised her eyebrows at Zack.

10/7/2010 #3

"And what did you do?" Zack asked.

"I was his Guardian" The Minotaur said.

"Before you were a Minotaur?"

10/7/2010 #4
Secret Vesper

Emily listened silently.

10/7/2010 #5

"When he finished book, he left it, and me, behind on island" The Minotaur said. "He gave me strength, but it was no gift... I should not leave island, for there's no place for me in world"

10/7/2010 #6
Secret Vesper

Emily glanced over at Zack, wondering what he was thinking with this.

10/7/2010 #7

"Hmm... So you would call yourself a monster?" Zack asked, with a nod.

"I would" The minotaur replied.

Zack nodded. "Turn around, and tell me what you see"

The Minotuar did so...

...Only Zack and Emily had seen the crew of the ship transform into each one's true form when he said monster... Milo was there, covered in scales, Finn stood with his fangs bared, Reynard and Morrigan stood as wolfman and nine-tailed foxman, and many more just like them, and some completley different. They all stared back at the Minotaur.

10/7/2010 #8
Secret Vesper

Emily smiled softly as she saw the whole crew in their natural forms. It was a little odd, and yet, it wasn't.

10/7/2010 #9

The minotaur was taken by suprise, as it took a step back.

"Well...?" Zack asked.

"...They were not that way before... They can change"

Zack sighed, and walked around to stand in front of the Minotaur.

"Can't this curse be reversed?"

"No... I will be this way, forever" It said.

10/7/2010 #10
Secret Vesper

Emily looked up, "Are the fey still around?" she asked Zack suddenly.

10/7/2010 #11

Zack slowly looked around the Minotaur, and smiled at Emily.

"Why, Emily... that's an excellent question..."

"Fey?" The Minotaur asked.

Zack smiled at him. "The fey are magic... It is their life, it is what binds them to the world... If there's anyone that could break this curse, it's the Fey"

"And they would help me?"

"Maybe... We'll have to find out" Zack said. "Emily, you're a genius"

10/7/2010 #12
Secret Vesper

Emily blinked, "I didn't even know if they were real or not." she said. "My mother just used to tell me about them."

10/7/2010 #13

Zack grinned. "When we get to shore, You-" He pointed at Emily "-and you-" he pointed at the Minotaur. "-Are going to come with me, and I'm going to show you something abot the Fey... Meanwhile... You-"

He turned to the crew.

"...Are gonna go and get bloody pissed at of your brains and terrorize the town with a little bit of old-fansioned anarchy!"

The crew began cheering loudly as soon as he said "pissed"

10/7/2010 #14
Secret Vesper

Emily blinked slightly. "Alright..."

10/7/2010 #15

"What makes you think I'll come with you?" The Minotaur asked.

Zack spun around, and smiled. "The island is right behind you, you don't have to come... I can't promise you anything, beyond my word that I will try my best to help you"

The Minotaur raised an eyebrow. "Why? Why would you do that?"

Zack smiled softly. "Everyone needs a freind, and a home... Outcasts, misfits, slaves, the broken, the misunderstood, and the unfortunate... Everyone who's fallen so low that they have to reach up to touch a snake's belly... They all need someone, a freind or a firm voice, or a guide... To show them EXACTLY what their lives are worth..."

He spread his arms out. "This is a place where you can be somebody, my freind... You may not look like us, but you can still be one of us... And why do I do this? Because I believe in more than just second chances... I believe that we can make history, that we can be remembered... But most of all, I believe that there is always a light shining through the darkness, that there's always a hope... and as long as you have that, you're unstoppable"

Zack smiled. "I want to help you, because I want to help you, simple as... All you have to do... is stay"

10/7/2010 #16
Secret Vesper

Emily smiled softly at the speech. He was good.

10/7/2010 #17

The minotaur glanced at the island, then back at Zack...

...then it nodded. "We'll see how this goes..."

Zack smiled. "Gonna tell me your name now?"

"My name?... My name is... Asterion" The Minotaur said.

"Alright... I'm Captain Zacharia Havenwood... and welcome, to the Ravenfang"

The crew cheered swiftly.

10/7/2010 #18
Secret Vesper

Emily smiled softly as he said that.

10/7/2010 #19

"Get some rest, Asterion... We'll be hitting land tonight"

Asterion nodded. "Where should I go?"

"Morrigan will show you where you can sleep... Morry, show 'im to a room"

"Aye cap'n" The kitsune said, and lead the minotaur away.

"And... the rest of ya... You've a got a town waitin' for ya... but we ain't movin... SO LETS BLOODY GET MOVING THEN, AYE?!" Zack shouted.

"AYE!" The crew shouted, and began running to their various posts throughout the ship.

10/7/2010 #20
Secret Vesper

Emily smiled softly as she stepped up with Zack. "You treat them well. It's no surprise that they're so willing to serve you without question."

10/7/2010 #21

"I'd give my life to protect any one of them in an instant" Zack remarked. He looked over to her, and smiled.

"I'm not a hero, but I'm damn close"

10/7/2010 #22
Secret Vesper

Emily smiled softly. "They're lucky to have you,"

10/7/2010 #23

Zack smirked. "Wrong way around, Emily... Without them, I'm nothing" He told her.

10/7/2010 #24
Secret Vesper

Emily chuckled softly, "Yes, but without you, they wouldn't be together."

10/7/2010 #25

Zack smirked. "Well, you've got me with that one"

10/8/2010 #26
Secret Vesper

Emily smirked, "I thought I would," she said. "Now what's this about going to see the Fey? I didn't know they were actually real, let alone where they are."

10/8/2010 #27

Zack smiled. "We'll just have to find out then, won't we..."

10/8/2010 #28
Secret Vesper

Emily nodded, "I guess," she said.

10/8/2010 #29

Zack smiled. "Go and find Mr. Griff... Go and tell him start the engine"

The ship started to move slowly.

10/8/2010 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: JobenX Secret Vesper
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member