Black Hearts, Bloody Roses
Enter a strange Earth, where creatures of mythology and folklore blend in with the populace, all trying to live in harmony, despite the conflicts between them. Chose from a race that has only been seen in legend, and prepare for anything, in this cold, cruel world, where love and happiness bloom in unlikely places. Live, with Black Hearts and Bloody Roses...
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Iron's Grasp

The Blood Apocalypse is over. It has been for over twenty-five years.

James Saxon has taken control of the world. Werewolves have been enslaved and subjugated, and humans don't fare much better. Other paranormal creatures have largely either blended in with humans, or faded into the background, not stirring enough trouble for Jay's government to notice.

However, since the end of the Blood Apocalypse, there have been those that fought back. Guerillas, anarchists, freedom fighters, rebels, malcontents, and sometimes even just readers of George Orwell, have been striking back at Jay. While their six attempts on his life have been unsuccessful, most high-ranking military officers know to have at least two squads of snipers whenever they make a public appearance due to the scattered, disunited groups of the Resistance often sending a fair number of assassins. These snipers usually come compliments of Jay's secret police, the DCB, headed by Erich Zann, a former inmate in the CVAS-controlled asylum of Willow's Peak. The halls of the Peak have since been repurposed for the use of Erich's organization.

One week ago, one of the few bright bastions of hope for the destruction of Saxon's regime, the infamous Subject 00, the original WereSoldier known as Brutus, was captured. His execution is scheduled for tomorrow.

Choose your Species. Choose your Beliefs. Choose your Side. Raise the flag, and Live... with Black Hearts and Bloody Roses.

5/6/2011 . Edited 5/6/2011 #1
Wolf Passion

(Delete post if I've posted too soon.)

They told stories about the past, about a peaceful time when walking down a street didn't send your heart racing in fear. Nowadays, if you even looked wrong James Saxon would send his goonies to take you down. The Vampires. When did they swarm this earth? When did they get so powerful? These questions were always asked but not even the history books could answer them anymore; there was just too much time in between the gaps of memories to get the story right.

No one can change the past.

Now the future? That's a different story.

"Happy birthday, Vicky!! Get up you old lady!" Raven squealed as she jumped up and down on her sister's bed, waking the red-headed Witch up from her lazy nap.

"Raven..." Victoria groaned as she turned over, stuffing her pillow over her head in an attempt to block her younger sister out. Unfortunately, the black-haired Witch was a persistent pest.

"Come on! I got you something~!" Raven whined, hopping off the rickety mattress and stumbling towards an old, chipped dresser where she pulled open a small drawer and plucked a large, silver pendant from inside. This seemed to stir Victoria to at least an upright position as she wrung her fingers through her red tendrils of hair before rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"And I'm not old, alright? Jeez..." Vicky muttered when her younger sister slipped her birthday present around her neck. The older sister looked down at the pendant, cocking her head to the side as she fingered the full-moon shaped lunar gem. "What in the world is this?" She asked, her tone astounded.

"A necklace of sorts? Come on, Vickster, it doesn't take a wave of magic to figure that out." Raven teased as she brushed her long, sheen black hair with a hairbrush.

The red-head frowned as she narrowed her eyes suspiciously at Raven's back. "I'm sorry the real question I should have asked is where did you get this?"

Raven shrugged, her smile widening for a fleeting moment before she hid it under an innocent hood of expression. "I bought it of course~!" A laugh escaped, a string of bells sounding from her throat which made Vicky even more unsure if her sister was telling the truth.

"Well... it is beautiful..." The older Witch admitted, letting go the fact that this luxurious pendant was not received justly.

Raven spun around. "Exactly~! So, I was thinking we take a break off of work today and walk around Alabaster City. Y'know to chiiiillllll." She drawled out the last word before giggling again. "It is your birthday."

A smile spread on Victoria's lips, small yet subtle. "You're right." She stood from the bed, stretching her arms over her head before grabbing her staff. "It is my birthday."

5/9/2011 #2
Secret Vesper

A brown haired vampiress laid out on her front porch. This wasn't an unusual sight for the neighborhood to see the young woman. Despite her absolute hate for James Saxon, and her brother for that matter, she had to admit, it was kind of nice to be able to lay on her porch and not worry about some psycho that would come up and kill her... Or did she have to worry about it more now? She paused, thinking about it before shrugging and closing her eyes. What would come would come. Until then, she and her family would keep living and hope that somehow Saxon would get out of power...

A woman, who appeared to be two, maybe three years older than the vampiress peered out the door. She looked at the other woman before smirking slightly and stepping onto the porch.

"Inside," Sam said, not opening her eyes.

"Aww... but Mom..."

"I said inside. You know the rules."

The daughter sighed as Sam got up and pushed her back inside, closing the door behind them. A few clicks could be heard as the locks settled into place automatically.

"Nathan! Come take care of your daughter!" she called.

5/10/2011 #3
Iron's Grasp

Natalie sat rather quietly in what passed for a Resistance safehouse, loading bullets into the magazines of her SVU. The box on the desk next to her was labeled "7.62x54mmR; Subsonic; Hollow Point"

It was a sort of meditative state for her, and she employed techniques taught to her by her mentor. She could practically hear Brutus telling her,

Focus on the job at hand. Don't worry about the security, the counter-snipers, the armed personnel, and what kind of equipment they're packing. All that matters right now is loading those bullets in one at a time.

Natalie sucked in a deep breath as the last round in her third and final magazine was pushed into place with a satisfying click. She stowed the magazines in a duffel bag, next to her rifle and a suppressed Glock 18.

She stood, shouldered the bag, and moved out into the daylight outside. She swung her leg over the side of her motorcycle, turned it on, and revved the engine.

There was work to be done.

5/10/2011 . Edited 5/10/2011 #4
Wolf Passion

Cezar kept to the back streets of Alabaster City, keeping to the shadows and darkness to conceal his presence as he stalked in between buildings. The Mad Werewolf's nostrils flared as he inhaled deeply, scenting. His dark eyes glared at his surroundings as he continued to prowl while searching for something.

"Thief." He growled under his breath.

-Make her pay with her life.-

"My jaws will tear out her throat." Cezar promised to the beast within

-This prey will be ours to feast upon.-

Meanwhile, a couple of Witches concealed in their according cloaks, walked the streets of Alabaster City as they window-shopped at Victoria's expense.

"Sooo~?" Raven drawled out, peering through a glass at the accessories and clothing inside.

"What?" Victoria asked, suddenly curious.

"That outfit over there looks like it could stir up some trouble... in the male gender's pants... if ya know what I mean~" Ven winked as she jabbed her thumb in the general direction of the outfit.

The older sister rolled her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose. "How about not drawing attention to ourselves. After all, we are sort-of wanted mercenaries." Vicky warned.

"Hey! We just sell them the spells! Our clients are the ones that use them in a negative fashion." The younger sister muttered.

5/10/2011 #5
Iron's Grasp

A motorcycle rolled past the pair, the engine purring like a particularly loud cat is it went.

5/10/2011 #6
Wolf Passion

The Witch sisters both looked up when a roaring motorcycle zoomed by them.

"Nice ride." Raven commented to herself mostly as her older sister shrugged and moved on.

5/10/2011 #7
Iron's Grasp

Once she was close enough to where she would set up, Natalie hid her bike in an alley, and started pondering how she would get up to a rooftop near Victory Square.

She was determined to save her teacher, no matter how many DCB thugs happened to be around the next day, and she was scouting out potential spots she could set up for taking a shot at his executioner.

5/10/2011 #8
Wolf Passion

Cezar hid behind a corner when a motorcycle suddenly pulled up and parked in the same shadows he was using to conceal himself from the public. His lip curled at the roaring engine, grateful for the silence when its rider turned it off.

The Mad Werewolf stayed back, peering quietly at the female as she looked around. Cezar began to think to himself.

"She looks cunning."

-The female could make good prey.-

"Chase. Hunt. These things are always craved to us."

-And they always run.-

5/11/2011 #9
Iron's Grasp

Natalie grabbed her pistol out of her bag, and left the rest of her gear with her motorcycle.

She started scaling a nearby fire escape, climbing up to the roof.

5/11/2011 #10
Wolf Passion

Cezar watched her scale the roof until the female was out of sight. He waited a few moment's longer before leaving his hiding spot and prowling closer to the vehicle. The Mad Werewolf sniffed about, his claws languidly stroking the duffel bag and sheer metal of the motorcycle before he actually opened the bag and viewed the weapons inside.

"Cunning indeed." He growled under his breath.

5/11/2011 #11
Iron's Grasp

Once she was up on the roof, Natalie looked towards Victory Square. She ran over the possible vantage points in her mind.

Rooftops are probably going to be where the DCB sets up. They're almost entirely out of the question, unless I can get my hand on one of their BDUs.

Windows are questionable, but I can pay a landlord in cash to move into one of the apartments for about a day before I take off for the safehouse.

Ground level isn't going to happen. They'd spot me and take me out within a few seconds.

She dashed, leapt over the alley separating the building she was on from the next, and peered over the edge into Victory Square.

5/11/2011 #12

(Sorry for holding this off, I've unsure what to post)

The rooftop wasn't unoccupied, however. Crouching down against a wall, a man, blonde, wearing red pants, and a red scarf around his neck and mouth, was spraying something against a wall.

The moment he saw Natalie, he stopped dead in his tracks, watching her, his hand on the UMP by his side.

Boone sat in the safehouse, pacing up and down the area that he shared with Bijou.

Also around the safehouse, were various Resitance involvees and soldiers, including Keanu Franklin, Kimberly Valentine, Orion Loxley, Amy West, and Sonia Cruz.

Boone, as well as his sister, were much older than they looked, their blood giving them imortality. Keanu was a werewolf, having been turned during the aftermath of the Blood Apocaylpse when it hit Malibu City. Kimberly was the descednant of a Banshee, and one of the hardy Valentine family members. Orion was a vampire, his campaign against the Enyo Cult catching up to him eventually, and he was mistrusted by some. Amy was also a vampire, but there no was no questioning her loyalties, her family were killed in the Blood Apocalypse conflict, and she was turned and also sexually assaulted by James Saxon himself, and she had been a fierce fighter ever since, going as far as that when Captain Ramante Coblar once asked what made Amy qualified to be a good soldier, she punched the captain in the face. Sonia was still stuck as in her half-human, half-dragon body, the insane asylum where she was kept was purged with a primitive form of Para-Air, so that Saxon could insure the loyalty of all inside. Sonia instead resisted his brainwashing, and escaped.

"Our daughter" Nathan corrected, as he came down the stairs.

6/16/2011 . Edited 6/16/2011 #13
Secret Vesper

Bijou sat on a chair, her legs tucked up under her skirt as she watched her brother pace. "You're going to wear a whole in the floor."

"Your daughter," Sam repeated, pushing the girl towards him.

She sighed as she did, wanting to go outside.

6/16/2011 #14

"I can't sit still" Boone told her softly.

Nathan sighed. "She's our daughter, Sam..." He said, softly. He absolutely hated it when she was like this.

6/16/2011 #15
Secret Vesper

"If she were our daughter, she would listen to us and stop trying to sneak out of the house."

Helen sighed, plopping down on the sofa, knowing this was going to take a while.

Bijou motioned for him to come sit in front of her.

6/16/2011 #16

"Look, I don't like it any more than you do, but she's still young, all kids are rebelious at her age... Can you blame her if she wants to see a world that she's never had much of a chance to see?"

Boone sighed, and sat down where she indicated.

"Riley's taking too long"

6/16/2011 #17
Iron's Grasp

She held her hands up. "Hey hey hey, I'm on your side. No need to go for the gun."

6/16/2011 #18
Secret Vesper

Sam frowned at him.

Bijou nodded slightly, gently rubbing his shoulders.

6/16/2011 #19

The hand was still at the gun, as the man eyed her suspiciously.

"Prove it" He said, short and simple.

Boone sighed softly, as she did.

"You shouldn't be here, you could get hurt" He told her.

Nathan nodded.

"We can't stop her from being curious"

6/16/2011 #20
Iron's Grasp

"And how the hell am I supposed to do that?" Natalie asked. "Show you the very illegal sniper rifle I've got disassembled in a dufflebag, sitting on my motorcycle in a dark little alley?"

6/16/2011 #21
Secret Vesper

Sam raised her eyebrow, "She is old enough to know that she's not allowed out there. She's not 5 years old anymore."

Bijou continued to rub his shoulders, "Where else am I going to go?"

6/16/2011 #22

"She's young enough to wonder why" Nathan countered.

The man was silent for a moment, before moving his hand away, and picking the spray can back up.

"Can't be too careful" He remarked, looking back at the wall.

"Back home, with Maman and the others" Boone said. "It's the safest place you could be... If something happens to you, it'll be my fault"

6/17/2011 #23
Secret Vesper

"And we've told her. That crazy Saxon guy who gives vampires a bad name would kill her if he found out that she's alive." Sam countered back, "She knows. Now she's just being stupid."

Helen sighed slightly, resting her chin on her hand.

Bijou frowned, "Then who would keep an eye on you?"

6/17/2011 #24
Iron's Grasp

"So what're you doing up here?" Natalie asked. "Looks like some hefty artwork you're doing there."

6/17/2011 #25

"If you were forbidden to do something long ago, wouldn't that just make you more determined to do it anyway, no matter what excuses were thrown at you?" Nate asked.

Boone was silent.

"Eh, it's just practise, really" Riley replied. "It's a good wall, but it's not very visible"

6/17/2011 #26
Iron's Grasp

"Fair point. Just out of curiosity, would you happen to know of any vantage points looking out over Victory Square?" Natalie asked.

6/17/2011 #27
Secret Vesper

Bijou continued to rub his shoulders.

Sam glared at Nate, "That's different, I'm not her."

6/17/2011 #28

"There's an old tower just a couple of blocks in front of the square" Riley told her. "I only know about it because it was where that sniper shot the mayor's bodyguards all those years ago"

"She's your daughter, it's the closest you'll ever get" Nate said.

"I just worry that I'll slip up, and you'll get hurt" Boone told her, softly.

6/18/2011 #29
Iron's Grasp

"You think the DCB's gonna have it covered tomorrow?" Natalie asked.

6/18/2011 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: JobenX Secret Vesper
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member