Black Hearts, Bloody Roses
Enter a strange Earth, where creatures of mythology and folklore blend in with the populace, all trying to live in harmony, despite the conflicts between them. Chose from a race that has only been seen in legend, and prepare for anything, in this cold, cruel world, where love and happiness bloom in unlikely places. Live, with Black Hearts and Bloody Roses...
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
JobenX

The year is 1692, and fear and famine run rampant across the country. Magic has once again fallen into scrutiny thanks to circumbstance, rumours and cunning manipulators of the public. Imagined waves of darkness spreads through the towns and forests, where a woman who lives alone is a heathen, and her cat is an agent of Satan. Localized civil wars errupt as magisters and mortals do battle because of the nationwide propoganda that fills the hearts and minds of the weak-minded and misled. The art of magic is dangerous and dying, thanks to lynch mobs, trials, and insurmountable tests of witchcraft, where the only outcomes will be death. War, famine, pestilance and death all run rampant like the apocalypse is now, and so many believe. Yet, even in the foulest of situations, some brave individuals find the strength of heart and the willpower to carry on living their lives, accepting freindship and ignoring scrutiny. It is hard, but not impossible, although many will try their best to see the proud and might be burnt to dust and ash, and watch the remains blow away with the coming wind and into history. The year is 1692, Ten years before Zacharia Havenwood commands the Ravenfang, Ten years before the Sea Witch leaves her home, Ten years before the Goblin Princess takes to the seas, and Ten years before an age of supernatural pirating becomes the next chapter. For now, we lie in wake, as we watch the year 1692 unfold... and watch darkness and dreams unfold, in Massachussets, and a city named Dawngate...

Chose Your Species. Chose Your Beliefs. Chose Your Path. Watch Your Back. Survive The American Dark Ages, and Live... with Black Hearts and Bloody Roses.

6/26/2011 . Edited 10/12/2013 #1
Secret Vesper

Up near town was a woman, too old to be unmarried in the Puritan eyes. She wasn't good for much, but was pious, went to mass on Sundays and proved to be a good seamstress, although, that only had so much use when all the other women were talented enough to make their own simple clothes. She lived with the preacher, do what he wanted. She was always making new alter cloths, the only bit of color in the town. Today, she was sitting outside, her blonde hair pulled back in a severe bun, with a piece of dark red silk sitting in her lap as she carefully stitched into it.

------

Another girl, this one younger, was walking out of a building with a tired sigh. If anyone was paying attention, they would notice that it was the house of the young Newman couple, married just over a year. Her dark hair was tied back in a hasty horse tail as she leaned against the house in the morning light. She looked exhausted and her clothes were haphazardly thrown on. She yawned slightly.

10/18/2011 #2
JobenX

Meanwhile, just outside of town, in the thick woods of Massachusetts, a wolf walked between the aging trees, sensing the town nearby. The white-furred creature, cocked it's head, thinking about it's next move, before pressing onwards, keen for a new experience and to see a different place.

X

Similarly, a man that had recently travelled along the roads towards the town, was now camping just outside the town, sitting before his camp-fire.

10/19/2011 #3
Secret Vesper

Tilly sat quietly in the sun with her stitching, glad to be away from the town, if only for a little bit. She looked up at the tree above her and smiled a little.

------

Patience pushed herself up as Mr. Newman came out of the house with a happy smiled. "Thank you, Miss Patience," he said, handing her a few coins for her services during his wife's labor.

She smiled graciously, tucking the few coins into her pocket, "You are most welcome, Mr. Newman, I'm glad to be able to help. I'll stop by tomorrow to see how your wife and son are doing. Please let me know if anything happens and you want me to come sooner." she bobbed a small curtsy, "Good day." before heading off.

She wanted to sleep, but she was still wound up after staying up all night with the young parents. Walks always helped her relax, she decided, and started off, wanting to go a little into the woods.

10/19/2011 #4
JobenX

Moon held the squirrel on a stick over the fire, as he let it roast, occasionally taking a bite out of it.

_

Arkkan's nose caught the scent of something, no, someone, entering the forrest a little way ahead. Curious, he crept through the trees as he followed this stranger.

10/19/2011 #5
Secret Vesper

Patience walked quietly through the woods, taking time to relax.

------

Tilly continued to to sew her alter cloth.

10/19/2011 #6
JobenX

After a moment, Moon decided that he wanted to get a drink. Dousing his fire, he began to head in the direction of the town.

_

Arkkan caught sight of a woman walking through the woods, and hunkered down, close to the ground, as he followed her silently.

10/20/2011 #7
Secret Vesper

Tilly continued to work on her Alter Cloth, her fingers nimble.

-----

Patience paused for a moment, rolling her shoulders before she continued walking.

10/20/2011 #8
JobenX

Reaching the outskirts of town, Moon walked past a particular tree, that had a person below it. He glanced over when he noticed them.

_

Arkkan continued to prowl after her.

10/21/2011 #9
Secret Vesper

Tilly glanced up from her cloth when she saw someone pass her, going back to her work for a second before she blinked in surprise.

She looked up again, unsure of what she was actually seeing.

-------

Patience paused again as she looked behind her.

10/21/2011 #10
JobenX

Moon smiled slightly, tipping his hat to Tilly as he walked.

_

Arkkan hunkered closer to the ground.

10/22/2011 #11
Secret Vesper

Tilly nodded slightly to the man with a small smile, "Good day, sir."

-------

Patience frowned slightly before shaking her head and walking through the woods again. Eventually, she came across a small clearing and sat down under a tree.

10/22/2011 . Edited 10/22/2011 #12
JobenX

"Good day, madam" Moon replied, with a deep voice.

_

Arkkan settled down himself, watching her from a distance, before he spoke from the shadows.

"...A friendly town, is this place?"

10/22/2011 #13
Secret Vesper

"Are you traveling through?" she asked.

------

Patience jumped and looked over her shoulder, "Hello?"

10/22/2011 #14
JobenX

"I intended on stopping for a drink" Moon remarked, with a slight grin.

_

"Hello" Arkkan greeted, although remained out of sight. "Don't worry, you're not hearing voices... I'm meerly a little shy"

10/23/2011 #15
Secret Vesper

Tilly smiled slightly, standing up and shaking her skirts out. "I'm afraid our inn doesn't serve alcohol." she said, "But I can show you were it is."

-------

Patience nodded, relaxing back against the tree. "Why are you shy? It is only you and I out here."

10/23/2011 #16
JobenX

"Oh, it doesn't?" Moon remarked, with a frown. "I was hoping for a warming shot of whiskey"

_

"Many tend to find my appearence startling" Arkkan remarked.

10/23/2011 #17
Secret Vesper

Tilly smiled slightly, "I'm afraid it's a dry town."

------

Patience frowned slightly, "I'm not exactly normal for this town." she said, turning more towards the voice so her slightly oriental features could be seen.

10/23/2011 #18
JobenX

"Damn" Moon muttered.

_

Arkkan smirked.

"At least you're human... or look it, anyway"

10/23/2011 #19
Secret Vesper

Tilly shrugged her shoulders slightly, "Sorry."

------

Patience raised her eyebrows. "That implies that you aren't."

10/23/2011 . Edited 10/23/2011 #20
JobenX

Moon shrugged. "Eh, I'm sure I can find some moonshine somewhere"

_

"Hence the issue of my shyness" Arkkan remarked.

10/23/2011 #21
Secret Vesper

Tilly couldn't help but smirk slightly. "If you say that around here, they're going to think the devil sent you." she looked him up and down, "Actually, they might already think that."

------

Patience turned completely towards the voice, "I don't mind."

10/23/2011 #22
Iron's Grasp

Gorgias stepped towards the town proper, his outfit billowing slightly in the wind.

"Ah, what a place," he said quietly to himself. "And probably aflame with fervor about witches."

10/24/2011 #23
JobenX

Moon chuckled. "What do you think?"

_

"You'll pardon me if I do for a moment more" Arkkan replied.

_

A long, black-haired girl, clad in grey, tending to a longbow sat on a bench just on the edge of town.

10/24/2011 #24
Secret Vesper

Tilly smirked slightly, "I think that it's best to keep my mouth shut in this pious town and treat everyone equally."

------

"Of course." Patience said, "But I'm not as conservative as the people in town."

10/24/2011 #25
Iron's Grasp

Gorgias approached the girl. "Excuse me, miss," he asked, "I seem to have lost my way. Where are am I, exactly?"

10/24/2011 #26
JobenX

The girl looked up, and revealed that she was clearly of Asian decscent.

"This is Dawngate, damn near the prohibition and paranoia capital of Massachusetts" She told Gorgias.

_

Moon laughed. "Oh, would that it were that all were like you"

_

"How conservative are they?" Arkkan asked.

10/25/2011 #27
Secret Vesper

Tilly blinked, "What?"

------

Patience smiled a little. "Let's just say that I am pushing their limits."

10/25/2011 #28
Iron's Grasp

Gorgias almost smiled, but then remembered that he was supposed to be a minister.

"Tut tut, miss," he reprimanded. "Such coarse language will not lead you to heaven."

10/25/2011 #29
JobenX

The woman shrugged. "They also say the road to hell is paved with good intentions, so why bother with Heaven and Hell anyway?"

_

"Really? Why's that?" Arkkan asked.

_

Moon smirked, and waved his hand. "Nothing"

10/26/2011 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: JobenX Secret Vesper
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member