Black Hearts, Bloody Roses
Enter a strange Earth, where creatures of mythology and folklore blend in with the populace, all trying to live in harmony, despite the conflicts between them. Chose from a race that has only been seen in legend, and prepare for anything, in this cold, cruel world, where love and happiness bloom in unlikely places. Live, with Black Hearts and Bloody Roses...
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
JobenX

Two captains, two legacies to follow. Captain Zacharia Havenwood promises the crew of his mighty Ravenfang, that events will soon draw to a close and he will lead them all to glory, from rags to riches, all that remains is a final journey to Florida at the recomendation of the mysterious Sea Witch. But is Zack looking for something else? He knows what he's doing, but he claims he still hasn't found what he's looking for? Is the island survivor Emily McAllister, who's life has been filled with heartbreak and hope, finally instilling a feeling inside Zack he's never felt before? Who knows? Meanwhile, frictions arise and freindships are being built as a roguish new girl crosses pathes with an unwilling cryomancer, a stowaway catgirl catches the eyes of a dwarf, an elf and a harpy throw themselves over a voodoo witch and a native american girl has the hots for a ghoul. The Ravenfang is certainly not without it's suprises... Meanwhile, the other heroine, Captain Kellandra Kestrel, has returned to Tortuga for a break, and she brings with her, promises of glory to match even Zack's mystical enigma, and also a promise of revenge, against a creature known as the Lusca. With the self-titled Goblin Princess stands her Duke, the charismatic Scarsword, her seductive helmsman Sebastian, her demonic surgeon Izadore, and her spiritual guide, Allen, who now comes face to face with a fiersome naga warrioress... Two stories, two ships, two captains, two crews, but joined by the legendary age of piracy, where life is never straightforward, and the only certainty Wraiths of the Sea can ever be sure of is that at some point, there will be rum... Drink up me hearties, yo ho!

The Hearts are getting Blacker, and the Roses are getting Bloodier... Who's going to survive this strange place? Only time will tell... Let's pick up where we left off, right from the action... Let's continue the story of Black Hearts, Bloody Roses...

8/24/2011 . Edited 10/12/2013 #1
Secret Vesper

"We eat them?"

9/18/2011 #2
JobenX

"We're goblins, we'll eat anything"

9/19/2011 #3
Secret Vesper

"I'm not a goblin."

9/19/2011 #4
JobenX

"I was using "we" as a generic term for most of the crew"

9/19/2011 #5
Secret Vesper

"Oh... does that mean I don't have to eat the merpeople?"

9/19/2011 #6
JobenX

"No, you don't have to eat the merpeople"

9/19/2011 #7
Secret Vesper

Kiana nodded.

9/19/2011 #8
JobenX

Scarsword smiled.

9/20/2011 #9
Secret Vesper

Kiana smiled widely, her antennae twitching.

9/20/2011 #10
The Jasper Raven

"Can't help you there," Rosetta said, shrugging apologetically. "Can't say I've heard any squeaks or scratches on board tonight. I'm taking it as a sign of great things to come!" she exclaimed optimistically.

9/20/2011 #11
JobenX

Scarsword smiled, and looked up to the overhanging moon.

"We should probably get some sleep, I think Kelly will be back soon"

_

Shakespeare smirked.

"Who knows, we may be feasting on merpeople soon... Anyway, I'm going to catch some sleep"

_

(Orchestrating an overall TS to the next morning for everyone, please be advised)

9/20/2011 . Edited 9/20/2011 #12
Secret Vesper

(go for it)

Kiana looked up and nodded slightly.

9/20/2011 #13
The Jasper Raven

(Looking forward to it. :))

"You do that," Rosetta yawned and added - quite contradictory to the yawn - "I'm gonna stay up for a little bit. Count knots in the nets and whatnot. Tootles!"

9/21/2011 #14
JobenX

(Alrighty...)

A while before the crack of dawn, the calling bell of the Ravenfang began to jarr through the early morning air, exploding the silence to pieces in the local area, no doubt awakening more than just the ship, although Zack didn't care. He wasn't in a particuarly hospitalble mood. Not to say he was in a bad mood, he just wasn't in the mood for excuses yet. He was more than eager to get going as he proceeded to the helm. He already had himself a warm cup of coffee as he stared across the darkly lit waters of the Carribbean.

_

"Awww, Zack, for fuck's sake..." Came a groan from the Captain's cabin of the Cruelty's Heart, parked right next door to Zack's ship.

Kelly growled as she got out of bed, wearing only her bed clothes (a pair of short black pants and a black shirt), and looked out of the window with narrowed eyes. "I knew you said you were getting up early, but..." She stopped, and sighed. "Scheisskopf..." She muttered, before heading out of her cabin and onto the deck.

9/21/2011 #15
Secret Vesper

Emily growled slightly, turning over and pulling her blankets over her head. She had been up all night and had just gone to bed. "Fucking fucker..." she murmured, pulling her pillow over head.

-----

Crimmson groaned a little as she stirred, turning to bury her head in Dom's chest, like she had the previous morning.

------

Scott was stumbling around his room to grab his pants and clothes before heading off to get some coffee. Usually he wouldn't touch the stuff, but on a morning like this, he'd need it.

------

Tatiana stirred slightly from where she was between Scaramouche and Azura. She rolled her shoulders slightly, knowing that she should probably get up to help Zack find her mystery person... but she didn't want to disturb the two. Finally, she found a way to slip out and started to get dressed.

------

Falene stirred a little, but didn't move, staying close to her doll, her arms still tightly around her.

------

Makeda was already up on deck, watching Zack, her eyes awake and intent on Zack as he looked over the waters. Her cheetah cub was in her lap and the basket of other cubs were next to her.

-----

Naima, on the Cruelty's Heart, woke up and immediately looked out the door, not sure what was going on. She pulled her shirt on as she ventured on deck.

-----

Kiana fell out of her bed with a thump at the bell ringing, muttering a curse as the sudden stop woke her up.

9/21/2011 . Edited 9/21/2011 #16
The Jasper Raven

(Wow Vespy! I didn't realize you had so many characters! xD)

Zephyr woke up screaming, startled shitless by the loud, almost ear-splitting dong of the nearby ship bell. She quickly regained her composure when she realized she wasn't under fire and blinked the sleep from her eyes until she was able to see where she was. It had been one hell of a long (drunk) night last night and she couldn't remember a lot of it but, looking around, she picked up enough pieces to remember enough. She was sitting an alley between a couple shops that sat along the shipping docks. A large bag was sitting next to her and after some tentative probing of the contents, she recognized that it contained all of her personal belongings.

Her eyes narrowed, confused for a second, and she looked out of the alley and at the ships visible from where she sat. That's when it all came back to her and she jumped to her feet with a frantic squeak, hefting the bag on her shoulder and barreling out of the alley with unsteady sureness. She'd signed her life away for treasure and adventure and had promised to annoy the crap out of some gloomy ice-man. ...No way in hell was she going to be late for that.

---

Rosetta flailed awake on board the Cruelty's Heart and nearly fell off the edge of the boat. The knots she'd been counting in the ship nets saved her the embarrassment of falling overboard but, didn't save her from the humiliation of just hanging like a caught octopus in the netting. Growling in frustration at the sound from the neighboring ship, the dhampir furiously untangled herself from the tough ropes and got her feet on deck, straightening her hat before she noticed the captain marching out on deck in her bedclothes. Would there possibly be a battle between the two ships while they were anchored. She smiled to herself as she eyed up the nearest canon.

9/22/2011 #17
JobenX

Zack sipped his cup of coffee, and breathed in the sea air, closing his eyes as he did, and rough smile decorated his lips.

"I found a map to buried treasure..." He said softly, singing to himself, as he watched the town clocktower...

...raising his eyebrow at the man hanging from it by his ankles with a huge placard reading "WOMEN are NOT OBJECTS" before chuckling softly.

"...And even if we come home empty-handed" He continued singing. "We'll still have our stories, battlescars, pirate ships and wounded hearts, broken bones, and all the best of friendships..."

He started getting a little more into it, his smile widening as he walked around the deck. "And when this hourglass, has filtered out, this final grain of sand, I'll raise my glass to the memories we had" He said, raising his cup with a smile.... then recoiling as it shattered in his hands, as his eyes were drawn to the reason why.

_

Kelly stood grinning at the helm of her ship, with a smoking rifle in her hand and now a grin plastered on her face, as she handed the rifle back to one of the goblins. She sent Zack a pursued lip contorted into smile and giving him a shrug, as if to say "an eye for an eye"

_

Aboard the Ravenfang...

Dom was already awake, he had been for a while, really. He'd never been a great sleeper. He stroked Crimmson's hair gently as he stared at the cieling.

_

Scar was in her infirmary, quite glad she had had an injection yesterday. She wouldn't have wanted her problem to flair up now of all times, as she got changed. She headed to the top deck when she was finished, although without her characteristic red leather jacket.

_

Scaramouche and Azura slept on, only unconsciously curling closer to each other, to fill the void that Tatiana had now left between them.

_

Stardust was still completely asleep against her mistress.

Asterion had jerked up when he heard the bell, before yawning and stretching.

_

Jahan was still asleep in his room, a heavy sleeper.

_

Christian was, suprisingly, already up, and enjoying the morning air, watching the vapour rise from his breath, smiling softly as it did.

_

Aboard the Cruelty's Heart...

Allen groggily wandered out of his room, still in his bed clothes, rubbing his eyes as he headed on deck.

_

Scarsword moaned in his sleep as he slowly began to stirr.

_

Shakespeare jerked awake, before he sighed, and went back to sleep, simple as that.

9/22/2011 . Edited 9/22/2011 #18
The Jasper Raven

(Wow Joben! I didn't realize YOU had so many characters! I feel so inferior xD)

"Nice shot Captain!" Rosetta called up from down on deck, giving an exuberant round of applause.

Unlike the rest of her shipmates, for whatever reason, Rosetta woke up with enough energy to man the entire ship.

---

Zephyr hurried down the line of anchored boats, trying to figure out which one might be the Ravenfang she had signed up for - pirate ships didn't exactly have their names carved into their sides. (She was also clueless to the fact that the bell that had awoken her came from the ship she was looking for). She was passing one waking ship when she was startled by the sound of a gunshot from onboard (it sounded like). She looked up and thought she recognized the profile of the captain that had given such a compelling speech to convince her onboard. She was only certain this ship was the Ravenfang when she spotted Christian. Her face instantly broke out in a smile and - despite her dizziness from her hangover - jumped up and down and waved to get his attention.

"Hey! Frosty! Down here! Hey, throw a gangplank down for a girl would ya? I'm itching for some adventure!"

9/22/2011 #19
Secret Vesper

The Naga was watching Kelly silently, tying the ribbon that was holding up her mass of hair up. She glanced over at the applause before looking between the two captains.

Neve peered out of the large coil of rope on deck that she had fallen asleep in. She blinked a few times and had jumped when the gun was shot.

-----

Kiana rubbed her eyes, her head and then her butt, her wings fluttering slightly.

-----

Makeda blinked before looking over at the Cruelty's Heart and then at Zack, not sure what he was going to do.

------

Falene opened her eyes a crack as her lover got up, looking up at him.

------

Tatiana grabbed the map Zack had let her use the day before, heading up onto deck as she tied her dreadlocks back. She seemed fairly awake.

------

Scott headed out on deck and spotted Scar and gave her a nod as he sipped his coffee.

------

Crimmson nestled closer to him, not wanting to wake up.

-----

Emily pulled her pillow over her head and turned over to go back to sleep.

9/22/2011 #20
JobenX

(:D)

Zack stared at Kelly for a while, before his face split into a smirk, and shrugged back.

Kelly grinned. "I'm glad we have an understanding!" She called over.

"Don't we always?!" Zack called back, as Kelly chuckled to herself, and nodded at Rosetta with a wide smile. "Thanks... now, I need some tea..."

X

Aboard the Ravenfang...

Christian blinked, and looked over, before he looked around to find the gang-plank, before finding it, and sliding it towards the dock for Zephyr.

X

Asterion smiled over at Falene, as even Stardust now began to stir.

X

Scar smiled at Scott, and nodded back. "Morning" She greeted.

X

Dom remained where he was.

X

Aboard the Cruelty's Heart...

Allen sighed, and yawned again, and went back to his room to change into his regular clothes.

X

Scarsword dragged himself on deck, still yawning widely, shaking his head to wake up.

9/22/2011 #21
Secret Vesper

Naima was still up on deck, silently watching the two interacting. She had wrapped up the end of her tail in a bandage.

-------

Kiana rubbed her face, slowly heading out on deck.

------

Falene gently nosed Stardust like the doll used to when she was little.

------

"Morning." Scott said with a small smile, blowing on his coffee.

------

Crimmson curled up closer to him.

9/22/2011 #22
JobenX

Zack resumed his waiting, and he and Kelly ceased to talk, as she disappeared into her cabin to change.

_

The small figure that was Izzy crawled out onto the deck, yawning.

_

Stardust stretched a little, before finally opening her eyes, looking at Falene.

_

"Sleep well?" Scar asked Scott.

9/22/2011 #23
Secret Vesper

Neve tried to pull herself up over the rope coil, but failed.

------

Falene smiled at Falene, gently nosing her again.

------

Scott nodded.

-----

Crimmson finally opened her eyes a little.

9/22/2011 #24
JobenX

"Need a hand?" Izzy called over to Neve.

_

Stardust smiled very delicately, as her grip finally started to slacken, as she stretched.

_

Scar smiled. "That's good, we'll probably need it"

_

Dom looked down at her, and smiled.

9/23/2011 #25
Secret Vesper

Neve's head popped up again, "Please?"

------

Falene gave Stardust a small smile as she did.

-----

Scott nodded in agreement as he looked over Tortuga.

------

Crimmson gave a small stretch before curling closer to Dom. "Who rang that bell this bloody early?" she murmured, clearly not all the way awake.

9/23/2011 #26
JobenX

Izzy came over, to give Neve a hand.

_

Stardust licked Falene's cheek.

_

"Zack, probably" Dom said. "He said we'd have an early rise"

_

"Every time I come here" Scar said to Scott. "I always wonder, when will I come back? It's not home, Tortuga could never be a home... but it's a place where you know your place, if you know what I mean"

9/23/2011 #27
Secret Vesper

Neve smiled, grasping his hand.

-----

Falene giggled slightly.

-----

Crimmson sighed slightly, "Does that mean you're getting up?"

-----

Scott nodded slightly, "Yeah, I understand."

9/23/2011 #28
JobenX

Izzy smiled, and the chupacabra pulled her up, with suprising strength for his height.

_

Stardust smiled.

_

Dom nodded. "Unfortunetly"

_

Scar nodded.

9/23/2011 #29
Secret Vesper

Neve squeaked as she flew up through the air, barely weighing anything.

-----

Falene smiled softly at her doll, "Are you okay now, Star?"

------

Crimmson frowned slightly, curling closer, "I want you to stay and keep me warm..."

------

Scott smiled slightly.

9/23/2011 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: JobenX Secret Vesper
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member