Black Hearts, Bloody Roses
Enter a strange Earth, where creatures of mythology and folklore blend in with the populace, all trying to live in harmony, despite the conflicts between them. Chose from a race that has only been seen in legend, and prepare for anything, in this cold, cruel world, where love and happiness bloom in unlikely places. Live, with Black Hearts and Bloody Roses...
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
JobenX

The air of Europe hums with the twisted heat of the fires built up to burn the bodies of innocent men, women, and children who fell victim to a curse so terrible that it made them a few steps short of being mosters, if not for their minds remaining intact. A scourge is spreading across the world as men in high places hope to shepherd civilization into a new age of enlightenment, as the dawn of the Renaisance looms before men who never had the indifference or misfortune to watch as their friends and family were picked clean in their own homes by a silent killer, far worse than anything the world has ever seen before, and even those who would be above such things, the supernaturals and the paranormals... even they cannot escape the blood fever that blazes across the countrysides of the Holy Roman Empire, France, and England. Vampires finding their very blood boiling inside their bodies unlike ever before, and werewolves rendered rabid with a crippling, disfiguring ailment that breaks their hearts and minds... The transcended have been forced to taste the inevitability of mortality once again, and just like the mere humans they try to socialize and integrate with, none of them, are safe, and they are the suspects more than anyone, as when desperate eyes seek blame, they hone in on those with power beyond their own, and they strike with fury and vengeance, regardless of collateral damage, only seeking retribution or salvation from this wicked plauge. But even in these dark times, with this mysterious invisible menace, the grief of politics still proves it's decadence with the outbreak of the Hundred Years War, pitting former allies against one another in a bloody slaughterhouse that has men seeking for the throne of France. Decimation, deception and depravity is all that spreads across this land, where the threat of death now spares nobody on it's grim quest... Who can survive the horrors that the year 1349 has lying in waiting in the shadows of nature and the mind itself? Who can find the strength to stand against the tide when it can take a single wilting rose, to remind them of their own fragility?... A ring, a ring o' roses, Atishcoo! Atishcoo!...

...We all fall down.

Chose Your Species. Chose Your Beliefs. Chose Your Path. Watch Your Back. Fight the Black Death, and Live... with Black Hearts and Wilting Roses.

3/7/2012 . Edited 10/12/2013 #1
JobenX

Barrett Fogg kept his head down low, as he stepped off the gangplank and started walking into Calais. Glad to be free of England, he set out looking for the nearest inn.

4/9/2012 #2
Mardelzor

Ellie walked down a street of Calais, looking around herself at the different sights. She had a travelling cloak on and had already set-up her horse in the stable of the inn she found. She'd been out exploring and now made her way back to the inn, walking with a slight bounce to her step. She didn't like having to wear the cloak, but according to the last letter she'd gotten from her family, it would be better for her if she wore it outside. It was supposed to protect against the black death, but she didn't believe it would. She just wore it out of love for them and to honor their last wishes.

4/11/2012 #3
JobenX

Barrett stepped into the inn, before pulling his hood down, and running a hand through his short, black hair. He recieved a few glances, but as the portside bar was relatively busy, few were seriously inquiring, as he stepped up to the counter.

"Beer, and a room" Barrett said, with an almost obnoxiously thick accent.

4/11/2012 #4
Mardelzor

Ellie walked into the inn, ripping off her heavy cloak the moment she entered the room. This, of course, allowed her rather remarkable, wildly curly flame-colored hair to escape and bounce around her face, but she didn't seem to mind. Humming, she bounced over to the bar to get a drink. She'd been here for a couple of days and knew most of the faces in the inn by now, but stopped when she saw the new man. She smiled and gave a friendly wave.

"Buon Giorno!" she said cheerily in her native tongue before speaking with her own accent, "I haven't seen you before!"

4/11/2012 #5
JobenX

Barrett blinked, flinching away slightly, not used to such exuberance from strangers back home. "Uh, hello lass" He said, in his typical regional dialect. "I'm afraid I'm new here"

4/12/2012 #6
Mardelzor

Ellie gave a bright, if somewhat crooked, smile and hopped up onto one of the seats at the bar. "Most people are, I was a couple of days ago! Running away from the 'black death' and all." she said with a shrug as if she considered it all to be some grand adventure. She turned to the barkeeper and ordered a drink before turning to face the man again. "Nice to meet you, I'm Elianna de Medici." she said as she held out her hand, very friendly indeed. Her last name was well-known throughout the world as the Medici family was rather famous, or infamous as it were, but...given her appearance, the name didn't quite fit. "Call me Ellie."

4/12/2012 #7
The Jasper Raven

In the less fortunate section of Calais, a dirtied and disheveled young woman was wandering through the back-streets in a tattered white dress, murmuring a disjointed children's rhyme.

(Is it alright if I leave Saya human at this time?)

4/12/2012 #8
JobenX

(Sure Sas, maybe she'll get infected during the RP :P)

Barrett nodded uncertainly. He wasn't used to energetic strangers, it wasn't exactly a rather English thing to do, be an eccentric stranger, unless you were peddling something or conning somebody. His brow furrowed slightly.

"Middysee?" He remarked. "Aye, name rings a bell" He said with a nod.

4/12/2012 #9
Mardelzor

Ellie giggled a bit and shook her head, making her crazy curls bounce around. "No, silly, it's med-ee-chee. Medici! It's Italian, but that doesn't matter. What's your name?" she asked sweetly as she accepted her drink, a surprisingly strong mixture that she'd taught the barkeeper to make a couple of days before, when she'd arrived.

4/12/2012 #10
The Jasper Raven

(Kay, thanks! :D Anyone available to go with her at the moment?)

4/12/2012 #11
JobenX

(I'm afraid I literally have nobody right now, Barrett's the only one I've got confirmed here so far, sorry)

Barrett just nodded in an attempt to dismiss her attack on his pronounciation.

"Fogg, Barrett Fogg"

4/12/2012 #12
Mardelzor

(My characters tied up with Barrett, sorry :( Maybe she could come into the inn and we could all RP together until there's more charries?)

Ellie smiled. "Fogg? Ooh, does that mean you like mysteries?" she asked. It sounded...rather stupid, admittedly, but from his appearances and last name she couldn't help but think that.

4/12/2012 #13
JobenX

"...No" Barrett said, simply.

4/13/2012 #14
The Jasper Raven

(I'm actually cool with dusting her to the side for the moment. I want to develop her a little further in her timeline anyway. By the time I'm done with that, maybe there will be more characters. Just keep me posted. :))

4/13/2012 #15
Secret Vesper

A young Asian girl stepped quietly through the port of Calais. Her dress was silk and a pretty orange that wasn't exactly typical of the Europeans. She was looking around the city in quiet curiosity.

-----

A young man and woman looked up at the wall around Calais. They both had a middle eastern feel to them with olive skin and foreign features. The boy was in loose dark pants, a white shirt and a vest. A sash was tied around his waist with a sword sitting at his hip. The girl's dress couldn't be seen since she was wrapped in a dark red shawl that came up and covered her hair and came down to covered most of her body. Her hair was pulled back in a ton of braids, some of which spilled over her shoulder. Pinning the shawl in place was a gold pin of a symbol to ward of the evil eye.

4/13/2012 . Edited 4/14/2012 #16
Mardelzor

"Hmm..." Ellie said as she took a long sip from the strong mixture, not seeming to even blink an eye at the hard alcohol. "Well, sometimes I do, but I think I prefer the stories where everyone is happy in the end and not dead!" she said brightly.

4/13/2012 #17
JobenX

"I don't really read books" Barrett told her, as he nursed his own drink. "I prefer the wilds" He said, sounding like a true backwoodsman.

4/14/2012 #18
Mardelzor

Ellie's eyes grew wide. "Ooh, the wild? What's it like? I've always grown up in the middle of the city and towns and such. Do you get to see a lot of animals right outside your window?" then she gasped, eyes, if possible, growing even wider as she got more excited with her questions. "Do you bathe in a lake or a waterfall?!"

4/14/2012 #19
JobenX

Barrett shrugged. "Sometimes... just the usual buggers" He remarked, before raising an eyebrow. "No waterfalls where I come from lass... just a boy from Askrigg"

4/14/2012 #20
Mardelzor

"Aw, I've seen a few waterfalls and have always wished I lived near one." Ellie said with a small pout as she took another sip before thinking of that. "Askrigg...where is that? I was never that good of a student, geography's not my strongpoint." she said with an apologetic smile.

4/14/2012 #21
JobenX

"North Yorkshire" Barrett told her.

4/14/2012 #22
Mardelzor

"That, I have heard of." Ellie said with a grin as she finished off the rest of her drink and stood back up. "So why did you leave? Is the 'Black Death' there too?"

4/14/2012 #23
JobenX

"There weren't when I left" Barrett told her. "But by the time I were at London, it were around"

4/15/2012 #24
Mardelzor

"Is that why you came here? It's why I am, my family sent me running away because apparantly, I look like I'd be the type to contract it. Something to do with me having paler skin than anyone around home?" Ellie said questioningly as she held out her arm and looked at it for a second before shrugging. "Ah, well, turns out it was stronger than theirs!" she didn't sound too upset, she'd already done her mourning for them after all.

4/15/2012 #25
The Jasper Raven

During Saya's meanderings, she drew nearer and nearer to the smell of seawater and the call of seabirds and the creaking of boats in the port. She often wandered nearer to the sea after her father's merciless beatings. And lately, after all the talk and terror of the "black death" sweeping the country, she found even more comfort in the pure waters. While she walked, unconscious to the people moving around her, she mumbled a curious poem that she'd read once that always haunted her when she walked around the port.

"She sells seashells by the seashore. The shells she sells are surely seashells. So if she sells shells on the seashore, I'm sure she sells seashore shells..."

4/15/2012 #26
Secret Vesper

(Sas, I've got a few characters you can pick up, take your pick)

The Asian girl paused, looking around the street she was in. She could see the sea, which made her incredibly happy. She loved water, but she knew most people in this part of the world would look at her oddly if she just took off and jumped into the sea... Either way, she headed that way to be closer.

-----

The twins finally made their way into the city. Both looked around, the brother out of worry for what would happen, the sister out of pure curiosity.

4/15/2012 #27
The Jasper Raven

(I think I'm more in the vicinity of the Asian girl. :) Thanks by the way! :D)

Still muttering the complicated verse of the short poem, Saya drew closer to the shore, balancing on a plank of wood set over a puddle of mud as she headed to the docks.

4/15/2012 #28
Secret Vesper

The girl paused, looking at the docks before she slowly stepped onto the docks. She drew her shawl closer to her as she looked around her.

4/15/2012 #29
JobenX

"...Aye" Barrett said, after a moment, only telling half of the truth. "I'm hoping to find what started it, then I can go home, maybe"

4/15/2012 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: JobenX Secret Vesper
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member