Black Hearts, Bloody Roses
Enter a strange Earth, where creatures of mythology and folklore blend in with the populace, all trying to live in harmony, despite the conflicts between them. Chose from a race that has only been seen in legend, and prepare for anything, in this cold, cruel world, where love and happiness bloom in unlikely places. Live, with Black Hearts and Bloody Roses...
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 48 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 68 .. Last Next »
Secret Vesper

Jade smiled slightly, her eyes closed, although with where she was resting, he probably couldn't see her smile.

------

Neville opened the bag, pulling out the bread, cheese and fruits.

7/25/2012 #1,711
Mardelzor

Jacob felt happy as he held her close, knowing she was probably at least a little happy.

Olivia sat and watched him, her legs swinging slightly and hand trailing in the water of the fountain.

7/25/2012 #1,712
Secret Vesper

Jade was content to just float there, her eyes closed. Her form seemed smaller than normal, although her form had always been slight.

-----

Neville sliced the bread and cheese, letting her choose from the fruits he had.

7/25/2012 #1,713
Mardelzor

Jacob had noticed, and it troubled him. "Are you alright for me to swim with you past the city now? Or would you like to rest a little longer?"

Olivia picked one fruit and smiled as she bit into it.

7/25/2012 #1,714
Secret Vesper

"We can go whenever you want," she responded, her head still resting tiredly on his shoulder.

------

Neville sat quietly as he looked around quietly, slicing the apple he had picked up.

7/25/2012 #1,715
Mardelzor

"I shall have to go fast and along the very bottom as we pass through the city, in order to avoid people's notice. I will hold you close though, and try to make sure the water does not rip you away. You will be safe with me." he murmured to her, his tone strong and solemn.

Olivia's feet swung slightly, her hand trailing in the water of the fountain as she ate with her other hand.

7/25/2012 #1,716
Secret Vesper

Jade nodded, "I know," she murmured softly.

------

Neville quietly watched the people before he followed a young boy with his eyes. He frowned, rolling his shoulders slightly.

7/25/2012 #1,717
Mardelzor

Jacob smiled a bit and slowly moved away from the wall, letting the currents take him for a moment as they just floated.

Olivia keyed in on the motion immediately, her eyes flicking from the boy to Neville. She'd seen him roll his shoulders before...

"...he's not on your list, is he?"

7/25/2012 #1,718
Secret Vesper

Jade leaned against him, floating quietly in the current.

-----

Neville frowned, slightly before he nodded, his eyes following the boy who was dodging his way through the crowds.

7/25/2012 #1,719
Mardelzor

Jacob held her securely in his arms before starting off down the river.

Olivia frowned as well, looking on the verge of tears as she watched the little boy as well.

"...is there anything that can be done?"

7/25/2012 #1,720
Secret Vesper

Neville shook his head, "He's not sick like your friend, so I can only speculate what will kill him." he said simply, although his voice was soft.

------

Jade allowed him to carry her down the river.

7/25/2012 #1,721
Mardelzor

Jacob swam rather quickly right along the bottom of the river, avoiding anything the people had thrown in. He frowned as he swam, longing for the pure waters of home. The water wasn't contaminated with the same filth that had poisoned Jade, but it wasn't very clean either.

Olivia frowned as she heard this, her hand's motions stopping in the water.

7/25/2012 #1,722
Secret Vesper

Jade shivered whenever they went through some contaminated waters, it becoming harder for her to keep control of her form.

------

Neville nodded slightly.

7/25/2012 #1,723
Mardelzor

Jacob held her together in his arms as he went through the city area of the river as quickly as he could.

Olivia pulled her hands back to her lap, hating to just sit there and wait for the child to die without trying to do anythign to help.

7/25/2012 #1,724
Secret Vesper

Jade continued to tremble as he went.

-----

Neville sat quietly, playing with the knife in his hands that he had used to cut his apple with.

7/25/2012 #1,725
Mardelzor

Jacob quickly reached the other side of the city, past the gave and along the path, before he stopped in the cleaner waters.

Olivia was grateful she'd finished eating the fruit in her hands, because she was starting to feel a little sick about what was about to happen.

7/25/2012 #1,726
Secret Vesper

Jade continued to tremble, having trouble keeping her shape.

------

The little boy soon left their sight and Neville sighed, "I have to follow," he said, "If you'd like to stay here, I can come back when I'm done."

7/25/2012 #1,727
Mardelzor

"I would rather not stay by myself." Olivia said quietly, standing.

Jacob frowned as he felt her do so in his arms, working the water around him to get a small, gentle current of pure, cleansed water to flow around her.

7/25/2012 #1,728
Secret Vesper

Neville nodded, grabbing his bag, "This way then."

------

Jade continued to tremble, despite him cleaning the water. Although it made it so she wasn't hurting as much, she was still incredibly weak and the mysterious bit the man had added into the water still plagued her, unable to be cleaned out of the water that made the girl, no matter how much clean water Jacob brought around her. After a moment, she let herself slip from the human shape she held, forming a simple blob of water, although she stayed close.

7/25/2012 #1,729
Mardelzor

Olivia slowly nodded and followed him.

Jacob didn't mind her doing this, as long as it meant she was in less pain and that she was alright.

7/25/2012 #1,730
Secret Vesper

Neville walked through the streets before he stopped short, his eyes on a young woman before them. Her front couldn't be seen, and her hair was covered in a kerchief. There was a child, a little boy, probably growing close to a year old carried on her hip, with dark curly hair.

Neville's short stop caused someone to run into him, although he didn't notice, and a piece of wood they carried fell. The sound of the wood hitting the ground was loud and startled a horse nearby that was pulling a wagon, causing it to jump, rearing and sheilding away.

-----

Jade's pool of water curled up near Jacob. Although she couldn't talk like this, lacking a mouth and vocal cords, there was a presence just brushing his mind, like the other day.

7/25/2012 #1,731
Mardelzor

Olivia watched this all go down in a second, quite confused and just a little bit worried. She reached out a hand to nudge the ankou's arm, her eyes having lost the little boy who they'd been following. She'd noticed the woman with the young boy on her hip and frowned, wondering if the other boy was hers as well.

Jacob felt it and he stayed near her, worrying.

7/25/2012 #1,732
Secret Vesper

Neville started at Olivia's touch before spotting the horse rearing and shielding from the loud noise, it's owner trying to control it. The little boy they had been following ran out into the street, chasing a cat who nimbly dodged the horses hooves.

The little boy was not as fast or nimble, freezing when he saw the horse rearing above him. Despite the horses's speed, Neville was somehow faster, moving quickly in front of the boy, his arms up and yelling loudly. This frightened the horse into backing up before it came down, missing both the boy and Neville. The ankou immediately backed off, gruffly telling the boy to go home as he attempted to get back to Olivia so they could escape.

------

Why do you worry? Jade's voice was soft in his mind.

7/25/2012 #1,733
Mardelzor

Olivia's hand flew up to cover her mouth and she took a couple of steps back, looking utterly confused as to what had just happened.

"I worry...that we will not make it to the healer in time. I would like to leave now, but I do not know exactly where she is."

7/25/2012 #1,734
Secret Vesper

Neville grabbed her arm, quickly slipping past the woman he had been watching. Her face could be seen and she proved to be quite pretty, the little boy at her hip appearing slightly familiar. Neville ducked his head and kept people between him and the woman as he pulled Olivia away, "He won't die today." was all he said as he tugged at her to quickly get away.

-----

Do not worry... I am fine, just tired and weak from the polution.

7/25/2012 #1,735
Mardelzor

Olivia looked back at the woman, her eyes zoning in on the little boy, his hair too, and his face...she frowned as he tugged her away, and she let him pull her, lost in her thoughts. She was quiet as he pulled her along, but her eyes remained on the scene behind them.

Jacob frowned quietly, and slowly nodded.

7/25/2012 #1,736
Secret Vesper

Neville finally lost them from the crowd and sighed in relief. He looked over his shoulder, "We need to go."

------

Jade's mind gave a warm feeling, like a slight smile and a nod, although it was clear she was incredibly weak.

7/25/2012 #1,737
Mardelzor

Olivia looked up at him, quite puzzled, but also looking like she was putting some things together in her mind. She slowly nodded, still quiet. "Then let us depart." she said, tugging her arm out of his grasp and beginning to walk down the streets, towards the gates. There was a slight problem when she suddenly disappeared from sigh amongst a few passing people in the busy city.

Jacob gave a sigh, running his hands through his hair. "You may sleep again, Jade. All is well."

7/25/2012 #1,738
Secret Vesper

Neville frowned at her disappearing, looking through the crowd in hopes of finding her.

-----

I know... the gentle voice responded.

7/25/2012 #1,739
Mardelzor

Her dark hair flashed into view for a second, and a bit of blue was seen, but it was covered up by passing people once more.

Jacob gave a soft smile, warmth seeming to come from him, and feelings of comfort.

7/25/2012 #1,740
« Prev Page 1 .. 48 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 68 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: JobenX Secret Vesper
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member