Black Hearts, Bloody Roses
Enter a strange Earth, where creatures of mythology and folklore blend in with the populace, all trying to live in harmony, despite the conflicts between them. Chose from a race that has only been seen in legend, and prepare for anything, in this cold, cruel world, where love and happiness bloom in unlikely places. Live, with Black Hearts and Bloody Roses...
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 56 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 76 .. Last Next »

Olivia was still unfamiliar with such thigs the hmans owned, never having come near a human hospital before, or having need of one.

8/1/2012 #1,951
Secret Vesper

Neville spurred the mare up the hill towards the hospital, it growing larger in their field of vision the closer they got.

8/1/2012 #1,952

Olivia checked on Jade as they approached.

8/1/2012 #1,953
Secret Vesper

The girl was still dozing quietly, next to Jacob's hand, occasionally trembling a little.

Neville pulled them through the gates of the fort.

8/1/2012 . Edited 8/1/2012 #1,954

Olivia and Jacob looked up as they did.

8/1/2012 #1,955
Secret Vesper

The courtyard was rather simple, with a large garden growing food and herbs for the hospital. There were quite a few people going about, either working in the gardens, doing laundry or carrying things into the numerous small buildings around. There was a main large building that appeared to be where most of the hospital was.

8/1/2012 #1,956

" do you think they can truly help?"

8/1/2012 #1,957

Tristan stood outside, with Kabel and Zita, who seemed to all be sharing a bit of an awkward silence.

Erika tutted. "Well that's no fun... I don't suppose you know their names then? Because they don't sound like honest men, and dishonest men have always been open targets in my opinion"

8/1/2012 #1,958
Secret Vesper

Kamael smiled at the two girls, "Hi!"

Neville shrugged his shoulders, "We'll see," he said as a young woman came out into the courtyard. She was short with tanned skin and long dark hair pulled back into a braid that fell down past her hips.

"Hello!" she called in a friendly, gently accented voice. "Can I help you?"

8/1/2012 #1,959

Ellie smiled, "There's too many of them to hunt down, and besides, I don't have to have all the money. It's a bit sad for me that I don't get to return to the home of my childhood, but instead I get to travel the world." she said with a happy shrug.

Olivia nodded, "We have a girl who is very near death...not human, and we are not certain of what is wrong with her. Nothing we do can heal her, not even my or my brother's pure water."

8/1/2012 #1,960

Kabel gave a small wave. "Hello" She said, a little uncertainly.

Erika snorted. "I don't want you to have all the money, no offence... You seem happy enough without it, and I don't mind doing some hunting... Hell, if I get your childhood home, I'll make sure you'll always be able to come back"

8/1/2012 #1,961
Secret Vesper

The woman approached them, "Who is it?" she asked, looking around.

Neville jumped down, rubbing the mare's nose to calm her down.

Kamael smiled widely back.

8/1/2012 #1,962

Olivia herself looked like she was in pretty rough shape, being extremely pale by this point, her skin almost tinged green. But she slowly got down from the cart, happy to be on solid ground, and pointed to the trough in the back of the cart.

Ellie shrugged, "It's alright, I'm sure they'll figure out that it's wrong someday."

8/1/2012 #1,963
Secret Vesper

The woman spotted Olivia, "Why don't you go inside and sit down, you don't look very good either, dear." she headed around to the back of the cart and looked into the trough.

Jade would be hard for the woman to spot, still curled up in the water, asleep.

8/1/2012 #1,964

Olivia nodded, starting towards the building and stumbling slightly, having to catch herself on the edge of the wagon. She might need some assistance from someone...perhaps a certain Jew?

Jacob watched the woman as she came.

8/1/2012 #1,965
Secret Vesper

The woman raised her eyebrow, looking up at Jacob, "In here?" she questioned.

Neville released the horse when a groom came over. He went over to help Olivia.

8/1/2012 #1,966

Once he was near, Olivia leaned into him slightly, just needing something or someone to help her keep her balance.

Jacob nodded, "She is a river girl from China...made of water. She was taken by a man and kept in a tank filled with some sort of filth...I know not what."

8/1/2012 #1,967
Secret Vesper

The woman frowned, "Can you bring her into the hospital?" she asked, "I'll see what I can do for her."

8/2/2012 #1,968

Jacob nodded and he leaned down, very tenderly and gently scooping the water into his arms. It was clear by his movements and his expression, by his gentleness, that he cared deeply about her and whether or not she'd be alright or not. He slowly and carefully got down from the cart.

8/2/2012 #1,969
Secret Vesper

The woman nodded, motioning for some young men to take the horse into the stables. She turned and hurried into the hospital. People around her called out, asking questions, telling her bits of information and such, which the woman responded to gently, but hurriedly. She definitely appeared to be the one in charge.

Neville wrapped his arm around Olivia's waist to help her in

8/2/2012 #1,970

Jacob followed her, easily keeping pace.

Olivia allowed him to, leaning into him as they walked inside. All she really needed was to sit down and have some water.

8/2/2012 #1,971
Secret Vesper

The woman motioned to two young women, "Bring me a hipbath filled half way with spring water in the east blue room." she said, her voice gentle despite her hurried tone.

The two girls nodded, hurrying off to do as she wished.

The women led them into a small room with with blue curtains. There was a small fire in the hearth and some chairs. She looked over at Jacob, then Olivia and Neville. "What about you?" she asked, noting that Olivia wasn't looking well.

8/2/2012 #1,972

Jacob stood away from the fire with Jade in his arms. Olivia just shook her head slightly, "I have already emptied my stomach, and I only need to sit down...the floor will be fine for me." she said, wanting to just collapse right there.

8/2/2012 #1,973
Secret Vesper

The woman nodded as Neville helped Olivia over to a sofa.

The two girls came back with a hip bath, starting to pour water into it for the river girl. The woman nodded, "You can set her in, our spring water is purified through magic to make sure none of the plague comes through."

8/2/2012 #1,974

"This works as well..." Olivia murmured, collapsing to sit in the corner of the sofa as soon as they were close enough, bending over and resting her head in her hands.

Jacob nodded and just as carefully and tenderly, he lowered her into the water.

8/2/2012 #1,975
Secret Vesper

Neville helped her sit, "Why don't you lay down?" he suggested softly, trying not to distract the woman in her plain dress.

The woman moved over to kneel next to Jacob, "Will you explain to me what happened?" she asked, her voice gentle, "It will help me figure out what to do."

8/2/2012 #1,976

Olivia shook her head for a moment, just focusing on breathing as her stomach settled. "Can you please get me a glass of water or something?"

Jacob nodded, then called softly, "Jade? Can you speak in my mind...tell me what happened, please?"

8/2/2012 #1,977
Secret Vesper

Neville nodded, standing and pouring a glass from a pitcher sitting on a small table in the room. He brought it over to her, touching her shoulder to let her know he was there.

Jade stirred slightly from her doze. Her mind brushed against his, feeling foggier than before, almost like one felt when they had a high fever.

8/2/2012 #1,978

Olivia looked up as he did, taking the glass after a moment and taking a long sip of it.

Jacob frowned as he felt this change, and decided to just tell her what he knew. "She was taken while we were in a busy marketplace by a strange man...when I went to his estate and found her, he'd kept her in a glass tank filled with some sort of filth...I brought some of it with me." he said as he reached into his pouch and pulled out a small flask.

8/2/2012 #1,979
Secret Vesper

The woman nodded, offering her hand out, "May I see it?"

Neville moved to sit next to her.

8/2/2012 #1,980
« Prev Page 1 .. 56 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 76 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: JobenX Secret Vesper
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member