Black Hearts, Bloody Roses
Enter a strange Earth, where creatures of mythology and folklore blend in with the populace, all trying to live in harmony, despite the conflicts between them. Chose from a race that has only been seen in legend, and prepare for anything, in this cold, cruel world, where love and happiness bloom in unlikely places. Live, with Black Hearts and Bloody Roses...
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
JobenX

Europe is in flames. The hands of war stretch their greedy fingers across the lands, crushing anything beneath them with the chaotic misery of war, as villages and towns, homes and landscapes are used as nothing more than battlegrounds, where anyone who isn't a soldier is meerly an unfortunate accident waiting to happen. Even the glorious promise of Christmas around the corner brings no good news to the suffering men and women of the mainland, who can only watch as their lands get torn apart, and fight back only when they're threatened to be taken away. The British forces sit upon the chariot of a bittersweet victory. After the Battle of Trafalgar in the English Channel, the threat of Napoleon's navy against mainland England has been annhilated, but at the tragic cost of one of the Redcoats most valuable tacticians, the Duke of Wellington, Horatio Nelson. Whilst the nation grieves for the man who would become one of the greatest, perhaps even THE greatest heroes in British history, Europe is awash with foreign men on foreign lands, as brothers and sisters in arms battle against the tyranny of Napoleon Bonaparte's oppression with resolute and bitter hearts. England, France, Spain, The Holy Roman Empire in it's fading days, Russia and others, tearing apart the lands and trying to rebuild it with their own designs. In these disorganized times, filled with strangers and explosions, who will find glory and fortune, and who will find only misery and suffering? In these shattered kingdoms of 1805, who will remain strong with the horrors of war on every side?

Chose Your Species. Chose Your Beliefs. Chose Your Path. Watch Your Back. Fight in Shattered Kingdoms, and Live... with Black Hearts and Bloody Roses

3/7/2012 . Edited 10/12/2013 #1
JobenX

Sosthenes Sinnerlust, the current psudonymn adopted by the most famous philandering elf, Scaramouche, was at a party, a celebration, in fact, hosted by some posh aristocrat, who wanted to applaud the works of art of their time and country. Scaramouche, of course, was looking to score, but failing that, as he tended to expect occasionally, he sent curious glances around to the other guests, pondering their stories and wondering how they would blossom into legends, if at all.

4/9/2012 #2
Secret Vesper

A woman was walking through the crowd, her dark hair piled up onto her head in a fashionable way that made her face stand out. She was coming through, greeting people with a warm smile. It was a practiced smile, as if she was used to doing this, but not the same type that most of the fashionable women used. There was something more sincere and more genuine about it.

Following the woman was a young boy, at the awkward gangly stage in his life. He was fairer than the woman, but there was a clear resemblance to them. He stayed close to the woman and she often had her left arm around his shoulders, or her hand resting on his arm or back, making sure he was there.

4/9/2012 #3
JobenX

Scaramouche sipped a chalice of iced wine, his favourite kind, as he observed the woman, raising an eyebrow at the boy, unaccustomed to seeing some such in this kind of do.

Curious, he drifted through the crowds towards them. "That's a particularly wonderful smile you're wearing, madame" He said, in a Spanish accent.

4/9/2012 #4
Secret Vesper

The woman smiled, "Thank you, sir." she said with an inclination of her head.

4/9/2012 #5
JobenX

Scaramouche smiled, giving a slight bow of his own.

"Sosthenes Sinnerlust, your servant, madam"

4/10/2012 #6
The Jasper Raven

Laughter and music and the sounds of drunken celebration echoed out to Incendia as she wandered on foot through the streets, a hood drawn over her violet-hued hair. She snorted, contemptuously, at the distant sounds and continued on her way, thirsty for a victim.

4/10/2012 #7
JobenX

A lone figure slipped out of a tavern ahead of Incendia, covered by a robe as they swiftly headed through the street, ducking into an alleyway.

4/10/2012 #8
The Jasper Raven

Incendia faltered ever so briefly in her steps as she glanced up and caught sight of the robed figure but, she continued onward without a second glance. She was willing to bet she wasn't the only one trying to hide in this city so, she wasn't about to bother someone else for veiling their face.

4/10/2012 #9
Secret Vesper

The woman smiled, giving a small curtsy, "A pleasure, Herr Sinnerlust,"

4/10/2012 #10
JobenX

"Likewise, madam, and you are? No, let me guess..." Scaramouche said with a grin. "You could only be the charming songbird that is the Madame Wilhelmina Schmidt"

4/11/2012 #11
Secret Vesper

The woman smiled, a light flush touching her cheeks, "Yes, that would be I," she put her hand on the boy's shoulder and gently brought him forward, "And this is my son, Amadeus. If you've heard of me, then you must have heard of him."

4/11/2012 #12
emeraldapple

Rell, dressed in a crimson vest and light gray duster, waited patiently at Sinnerlust's elbow and observed the conversation between Scaramouche and Wilhemina Schimdt.

4/11/2012 #13
JobenX

Scaramouche smiled, and bowed. "Charmed, young sir... News of the grandeur of your performances reaches my ears even in my distant province"

He smiled as he straightened out. "And of course, this is my personal assistant, Master Rell" He said, gesturing to the woman-in-disguise beside of him.

4/12/2012 . Edited 4/12/2012 #14
Secret Vesper

Mimi smiled, giving a nod to the woman as Amadeus bowed slightly, both to the man and to Scaramouche. "And what province are you coming from, Herr Sinnerlust?"

4/12/2012 . Edited 4/12/2012 #15
The Jasper Raven

(Replied with Incendia at post 9, Jobes. :))

4/12/2012 #16
emeraldapple

(Natalia is supposed to be disguised as a man in normal society, although Scaramouche knows her true gender...she'd be called Rell, unless you want her to be herself in this scene?)

Rell bowed politely to Amadeus and Wilhemina.

4/12/2012 #17
JobenX

(I... didn't really have anything else to add, Sas :P)

The faint waft of the touch of the magic was in the air, making a short-living trail in the path of the figure she'd just seen.

_

(Edited it for you, Apples)

"Franche-Comté, of Eastern French countryside" Scaramouche told her. "I am the Count Nanc-les-Saint-Amour" He told her with a smile.

4/12/2012 #18
The Jasper Raven

(You know, I had a feeling that was the case but...I figured I'd ask anyway. ^^; Sorry about that.)

Incendia paused and much against her better judgement that told her to just keep walking ahead and ignore everybody all the time, she looked after where the cloaked figure had gone. For the first time in a long time, the desire to follow magic that had been lost to her when she was made a vampire, consumed her and tugged her in the direction after the stranger.

4/12/2012 #19
Secret Vesper

Mimi smiled at Scaramouche, "Well, if you're hearing about us all the way over here, you must be a lover of music." she said, "I do not think we have been to France for some time."

4/12/2012 #20
JobenX

Scaramouche smiled widely. "A great lover indeed, I have often dreamed of taking to the stage myself... but not yet, for now... I'm a practising playwright" He told her.

_

The figure had headed to the riverside, where they sat down in the darkness of the night, resting against the wall of a bridge crossing the river.

4/12/2012 #21
Secret Vesper

Mimi smiled, "I'm sure that is most rewarding."

4/12/2012 #22
JobenX

Scaramouche smiled softly. "Practising is very much so the gyst of it, madame... while I consider myself a fine storyteller and an adequate script writer, I think perhaps my musical perception could use some assistance"

4/13/2012 #23
emeraldapple

"That among other things..." said Rell, chuckling quietly.

4/13/2012 #24
Secret Vesper

Amadeus looked at Scaramouche, "Musical assistance?" he pipped up.

4/13/2012 #25
JobenX

"Indeed, I'm afraid my composition leaves a little to be desired" Scaramouche remarked, smirking at Rell's comment.

4/13/2012 #26
Secret Vesper

Amadaeus smiled, "Perhaps I could look at it?"

4/13/2012 #27
JobenX

Scaramouche blinked. "A young prodigy such as yourself? I'd be honored, dare I say, humbled, if you would"

4/13/2012 #28
emeraldapple

Rell tapped Scaramouche on the shoulder, "Would you like me to fetch one from your room, sir?"

4/13/2012 #29
Secret Vesper

Amadeus smiled slightly, flushing.

Mimi smiled, "It would be no problem."

4/13/2012 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: JobenX Secret Vesper
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member