Mostly Lucky Star Forum
This community is for mostly Lucky Star stuff, but it's quite okay to discuss, basically, anything.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Solarius Scorch

Ladies and Gentlemen, senpai and kouhai, how are you today? This is I, Sukoru-san, introducing the new and special edition of the Fan Fiction Challenge: 10!

The theme for this challenge will be:

"Recycled IN SPACE!"

What does it mean? Take your fandom and write a story, but use a different environment/convention for the same theme. For example, taking a cast of Lucky Star and writing a space opera story. This doesn't have to be literally in space, it can be any universe alien to the original - writing a story about said Lucky Star girls in Victorian London or some fantasy land would work as well. However, it is essential to more or less stick to the theme: if your canon is a war series, then your fic should be about war too, and if it's slice of life, don't write an actual horror. Characters shouldn't be too OOC either (Yutaka the Space Marine could be funny but for this challenge it's a no-no).

And the rules:

1. The only people with voting rights are members of this forum (generally people that frequent here).

2. One may only vote for fics that were registered before deadline and were not rejected by staff.

3. In order to participate, the fic must be registered specifically by entering its title in this thread. The registered fictions are added to the community. If it's a Pen Club fic, you might want to use fictionpress instead of this site. In that case, don't forget to give a link!

4. Each voter has two votes: one is worth 3 points, the other is worth 1 point. These votes cannot be cast on the same fic (if I give a 3-point vote on fic X, I must give the other on something else). It is allowed to use only one vote (for example I'm giving 3 points to fic X and not use my other vote at all, or the other way around).

5. Voting is executed by posting your votes as a post in this thread within the designated timeframe (see deadlines). This means that everyone's votes can be seen to everyone.

6. The fic with most points wins. Its author gains immortal glory and the right to come up with the next challenge. If they don't use this privilege within the designated timeframe, it passes onto the next person who has exactly 1 additional day to choose.

7. Voting on one's own work is not allowed.

8. All entries should have a header with information that the fic was written for this contest (to avoid weird looks about a bunch of fics with a similar theme published on the same day).

Deadlines: All dates are GMT time.

- Fic submission: Friday, 1st of April 2011, at 2400 GMT.

- Voting ends at 2400 GMT at Sunday, 3rd of April 2011.

- Posting the new challenge by the winner: Tuesday, 5th of April 2011.

3/13/2011 . Edited 3/15/2011 #1
Sturmgeschuts

Am I the only one who finds the submission date to be somewhat unnerving?

Anyway, this topic seems...I dunno. You folks have fun with this, I'll be hard pressed to come up with something for this. Then again, I have two weeks without school, so I may come up with something.

And no matter how hard I try, I can't picture Yutaka as a Sister of Battle....

3/13/2011 #2
Redd Hedd

Grr, I'm torn. On the one hand, the theme kinda fits with a story I was already planning, but on the other hand, I don't think I can take the stress of deadlines again for a while. Count me as a maybe, but don't hold your breath.

Should be interesting nonetheless. And I also noticed the submission deadline, Sturm, though I thought it was amusing.

Hang on a sec, I just noticed the voting deadline says Sunday the 2nd, while the submission deadline is Friday the 1st. That's unpossible! Is it really Saturday the 2nd, or Sunday the 3rd?

3/13/2011 . Edited 3/13/2011 #3
Zokusho

Hm...I think I'll write a crossover. No 0g-sex, though. Maybe levitation sex...

3/13/2011 #4
Omegahugger

Are you guys certain you can't read my mind? Just last night I get an idea for a Lucky Star fic, and then I see this challenge, where it fits perfectly (with a few alterations to the plot to make it slice-of-life'y instead of shounen). It is frightening...

Still, I have a lot on my plate right now... I might not be able to finish it. So count me as a maybe as well.

3/14/2011 #5
Solarius Scorch

Ooops, sorry for messing up the dates. Now it's entered properly.

On second thought, it is acceptable to write a Space Marine Yutaka... as long as other characters are Space Marines too and she's the smallest and cutest one. I'm sure you get the idea.

3/15/2011 . Edited 3/15/2011 #6
Mikeru-D

I suspected this challenge would be chock-full of crossovers! I think I might be able to revive and re-model an old crossover idea of mine, but since I have next to no idea how long it'll be and I have a busy schedule over the next two weeks I might not be able to get it done. In any case, I'm giving it a go! :)

3/15/2011 #7
ArmorBlade

My my, this sounds very promising. For once I see no distinct path I would tempt to tread of the many spread before my mind now. Perhaps by the end of the week one of them will stand out as being worthy. Then....it will be time to once again do battle with the hydra named 'plotline'

3/20/2011 #8
Zokusho

Levitation sex coming up. :)

3/20/2011 #9
Omegahugger

Hydras named Plotline, Leviathan sex, Therizinosaurusses, I like where this challenge is going already.

(Unfortunately, this prognosis is based on misunderstandngs and misreads... Still, it could have been fun)

3/21/2011 #10
Racke

I know I probably shouldn't, but I have to ask, would Leviathan sex constitute as Massive Sex, or just sex between massive creatures? And yes, I did actually make a similar misreading, and it was fun.

3/21/2011 #11
ArmorBlade

Thanks guys. Now everytime I scroll past Zokusho's post, I swear the lettering changes to make it one or the other. Levitation - Leviathan - Levitation - Leviathan. I see it hasn't been edited but it's still making me paranoid for some reason...

3/21/2011 #12
Omegahugger

Ugh, I'll have to pull out of this one.

There was this kind of important homework that I've fully forgotten about up until now, and I'm afraid I don't have enough time to write a read-able story. I apologise to those who were looking forward to seeing Misao ride a dinosaur.

3/27/2011 #13
Racke

... "ride a dinosaur"...? Uh... I know that you're homework is important and all, but I really want to read about that now...

3/27/2011 #14
Omegahugger

Okay, I'll try to finish it after the challenge. Just make sure to remind me once in a while; my inspirational fire tends to fall after a challenge.

Of course, I'll try to finish in time as well, I just doubt I'll succeed.

3/27/2011 #15
Zokusho

I put out a silly Morrowind crossover for this challenge. It's mostly just dialogue as usual.

Challenge Entry 10: Lucky Star of Azura

Crossover genre can't currently be added, because ff.net gives an error. As usual, something is broken in here :) So I haven't yet added "Elder scrolls series" genre to it.

3/28/2011 . Edited 3/28/2011 #16
MisterYada

I'm about halfway through your entry Z, and I think I may actually read and vote in this round. Maybe even write next round.

I like it a lot though. Gives a funny twist to what I've recently become familiar with.

3/28/2011 #17
ArmorBlade

Hopefully the rest of you can post something, my hunt for the hydra hasn't turned up anything yet as I work on other stuff.

And ffnet is being weird not letting me get into my publish story settings to even add a new chapter to an existing story.

3/30/2011 #18
Zokusho

Umm...where are all the entries? It's an hour after deadline already. If there are no more entries, I shall abuse the challenge by using the same theme as the chapter I'm writing at the moment to get a head start. (โ—•โ—กโ—•)

(Or is this place bugging again and nobody can add stories/chapters?)

4/1/2011 . Edited 4/1/2011 #19
Redd Hedd

Seems no one else had time to write something. I myself am still behind on my projects even after skipping this round. Oh well, it happens.

I am curious to know what the next theme will be; perhaps I can be counted on for an entry next time if it sparks immediate inspiration.

4/1/2011 #20
ArmorBlade

Yeah that's disheartening, but I've picked up on this situation twice already so that there wouldn't be just a single post.

All I would've had would be an Eve Online crossover, only because I've been playing it too much.... Would have to be a bigger story anyway as I don't think I could let it be with just one chapter.

4/2/2011 . Edited 4/2/2011 #21
Solarius Scorch

Congratulations on your excellent entry Zokusho, and condolences about having no competition to sweep off their feet. The truth is I'd probably vote for you anyway, I really enjoyed the fic and I hope for more. I guess you deserved a better win... But it's not your fault.

Shame on us for not putting more effort.

4/3/2011 #22
Forum Moderators: Zokusho MisterYada, Daemon McRae, Solarius Scorch
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member