Come one, Come All
A forum that says it all. Literally. However Profanity will get you banned. Just a forum to chat and talk about ideas. That especially means new kids on the block. No Lemons Allowed.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 90 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 110 .. Last Next »
MidnighttheDragon

(Ookami=Wolf in Japanese)

Steele nodded.

3/17/2011 #2,971
The Grim Reader

When they (I assume Slasher went with them, if not, I can always change it) got there Spade began to tell them what this world was all about. "This is the place where all that is dark comes to die, or rather, begin in a manner of speaking. Anyone who has ever used darkness, for good or evil.....their darkness is eventually led here after they die for some strange reason or another. This place sort of a calling to the darkness. It feeds, and grows here. This place has existed obviously far longer than I have. I have known about this place for some time due to stories from my tribe. I don't how this place came into existance, or what exact purpose it serves. But whatever it is, it needs to be protected." Spade replied.

3/17/2011 . Edited 3/17/2011 #2,972
MidnighttheDragon

Steele nodded. "Protected...rioght

3/17/2011 #2,973
The Grim Reader

"Anyone can take advantage of this place. It's like one big calling card. Anyone strong enough, however unlikely, could come here and use the darkness as I did to do much more. Now, here comes the part where I teach you something other than a boring history lesson. Try using a purely shadow attack here Steele." Spade said. (It shouldn't work, it gets absorbed. That's what the place does. It absorbs darkness to an extent. It doesn't force it out of the individual unless given. It only collects the power of someone dead, so as long as you are living, you shouldn't worry. However, you should know that it does take a large amount of control. )

3/17/2011 . Edited 3/17/2011 #2,974
MidnighttheDragon

Steele nodded and tried to fire a dark orb, but nothing came out.

3/17/2011 #2,975
The Grim Reader

(Edited my post, it is kinda hard to explain.) "Absorbed right? Well, I'm sure you are wondering how I attacked you earlier if that is the case huh Steele?" Spade asked.

3/17/2011 #2,976
MidnighttheDragon

he nodded

3/17/2011 #2,977
The Grim Reader

"Look around you. What do you see? Darkness. Wild, unrestrained. It's hard to explain really. But whatever you use here, is used to control the darkness already in this place. For example, straight out using shadow in this place won't really work. You'll notice that your attack, or lack there of, was absorbed. Try manipulating some of the darkness already around you." Spade replied.

3/17/2011 #2,978
MidnighttheDragon

he cocked his head but nodded, and raised a paw, attempting to gather darkness into it from the area around him

3/17/2011 #2,979
The Grim Reader

"Remember, using your own energy won't work here, at least not directly. Think about it Steele, inside this place, somewhere, a small amount of your power is already here due to it being absorbed. Think about it as an extension of your natural abilities. Being a dragon, you have a lot more manna, or magic than I do. That's a given. Use that fact in battle. Remember how long I was down here whenver I attacked those clones?" Spade said.

3/17/2011 #2,980
MidnighttheDragon

"Barely a few seconds." he said as darkness began to swirld around his paw.

3/17/2011 #2,981
The Grim Reader

"Do you know why that is Steele? Does that feel different than normal?" Spade said.

3/17/2011 #2,982
MidnighttheDragon

Steele nodded. "A bit..."

3/17/2011 #2,983
The Grim Reader

"Do you know shadows in and of themselves don't move. This place takes something precious away from you while you are using your powers here. In return for control, it takes away some of your life, bit by bit. The more you use, the more damage it does in a short amount of time. The less you use, the longer you can last. You get to find a balance. Believe me, I could have done more. BUt I would have died for nothing." Spade replied. (Gtg to class.)

3/17/2011 . Edited 3/17/2011 #2,984
MidnighttheDragon

Steele yelped in fear and immidiately dissmissed the darkness. "Take my life?! so I'll have a shorter lifespan!?"

3/17/2011 . Edited 3/17/2011 #2,985
The Grim Reader

"No. Life force. There is a difference. As I've stated before, you are a dragon, you have much more magic than I could ever dream. You can channel more than I, and you have a far longer limit here than I. I stated before I could last about half a minute down here at the most. You could probably last five. But don't worry, you'll know when to stop. I'll teach you the stopping point." Spade replied. (gtg to class.)

3/17/2011 #2,986
Slashermare Moon

Slasher nodded mentally to Ookami Aye, but wolves are better than a lot of things.

Looking around he said to Spade "This place reminds me of something, but I cant remember what."

3/17/2011 #2,987
The Grim Reader

"It reminds me that power always comes at a price. The advantage of this place is simple......for a few seconds, you can do more than what you could do normally, but at a price." Spade replied.

3/17/2011 #2,988
Slashermare Moon

Slasher nodded "That too"

3/17/2011 #2,989
The Grim Reader

"So.....what does this place remind you of Slasher?" Spade asked.

3/17/2011 #2,990
Slashermare Moon

"I just said I cant remember"

3/17/2011 #2,991
The Grim Reader

"Good point. We should probably be heading back now, unless you want to stay here, in this dark forbidding place. Sometimes I do this whenever I need to get away from it all and think." Spade replied.

3/17/2011 #2,992
Slashermare Moon

Slasher shrugged then vanished, using a Darkness shift to leave the realm.

3/17/2011 #2,993
The Grim Reader

(Okay, so where did he go???)

3/17/2011 #2,994
Slashermare Moon

(back to where he was before(

3/17/2011 #2,995
The Grim Reader

"So how was it down there? I've never been there." Amaterasu replied. (Lol, sounds like she is talking Hell. Gtg.)

3/17/2011 . Edited 3/17/2011 #2,996
Slashermare Moon

"It's weird" he said

3/17/2011 #2,997
The Grim Reader
"Really? How come?" Amaterasu asked curiously.
3/17/2011 #2,998
The Grim Reader
"In a way, maybe. I'm not sure if it does decrease your lifespan or not. I've never been foolish enough to stay in here long enough to find out. I've used this place only three other times, so my knoweledge of what you can and cannot do here is limited. I should pont out though, that just being here won't shorten your life span. You can stay here as long as like, but it is only when you the darkness of this place that it gives you this unknown, yet plausible, side effect. You are a dragon, you've got a longer life as well, so it would probably take a little more time to take it than it would me. I've only got 80 years left if I'm lucky. You? You've got at least another thousand or something. But....don't worry, I'm sure the effects of this place aren't permanent....if you don't over do it." Spade explained to Steele.
3/17/2011 #2,999
Slashermare Moon

Slasher sighed then said "It just was"

3/17/2011 #3,000
« Prev Page 1 .. 90 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 110 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: The Grim Reader Slashermare Moon, Zac and Artemis
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member