Doctor Who Yet Another Discussion and Roleplay
This forum will be a place to discuss anything related to Doctor Who. People are welcome to discuss the fandom itself, or specific fanfics to read. I've added in a rolpleay AKA RP AKA RPG
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Dash Westwood

As an avid Doctor Who fan, yet relatively new fan fiction writer, I've decided to try my hand at writing a trilogy of in-universe stories set within season five of the show. Because they adhere to the established continuity, existing between episodes, I've come to think of them as "the lost episodes", and wanted to list them here for anyone looking for some big, bold adventures that keep to the spirit of the eleventh Doctor, Amy, Rory, and the gang.

The first story is "Six of the Best". (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6539193/1/Six_of_the_Best)

The second, and most recent, is "Mind and Body". (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6937631/1/Mind_and_Body)

The third story... well, that's somewhere in the future. But the plot's all mapped out - linking back to not only my stories listed here, but the Doctor Who universe at large - and I'm looking forward to bringing it to life.

I also write a fun series on the side called "Fifteen Minute Challenge", which is exactly what it sounds like: I take a random word (either from the top of my head or provided to me via Twitter @dashwestwood) and write a story based on that word in 15 minutes - no planning, no preparation. I just go where the words take me. Contrary to my longer works, these aren't intended to work within the show; they're just fun little snippets. Plus, not only are they good writing exercises for me, but they demonstrate that a story can come from the most humble of origins. Stories are everywhere, and I think that's one of the reasons why I wanted to explore writing fan fiction.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Check out my work and let me know what you think! I'd like to get some feedback - tips, advice, or just a good ol' fashioned "keep on writing!".

Thanks for your time!

12/19/2011 #1
Forum Moderators: ArwenMUC StackedActor52, w1nter
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member