Sherlock Holmes Writers Forum
It's a forum for Sherlock Holmes writers and people who want to write Sherlock Holmes
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Georgina May

Hi, I've read the original stories but can anyone recommend any non-Conan Doyle Holmes spin-off books. The other day I came across "Mycroft Holmes and the Adventure of the Silver Birches" by crime novelist David Dickinson, and loved it (short story was written with spirit, wit and intelligence of original stories). The publisher, Endeavourpress.com, seems to be publishing other Holmes related titles. Does anyone know of any other new e-books or books out on Sherlock though, apart from the new Horowitz one? Thanks.

1/3/2012 #1
Princess Skye Jewel

Ok, hi. Any ideas on any Holmes-x-Irene shipping stories? I'm currently making one, but I can't make anything good on the category. So, don't mind me: I JUST NEED HELP!

10/3/2012 #2
Deb Zorski

The Sherlockian by Graham Moore came out in early 2011, which told the story of a lifelong fan and newly-inducted BSI Sherlockian who had to solve his very own real-life Holmesian case - any fan's dream come true to become the Great Detective! It was a really enjoyable read! The Improbable Adventures of Sherlock Holmes is also entertaining, yet different. This is a collection of pastiches, 20-something short stories written by both famous and newly-discovered authors, with a great variety among all the stories in terms of plot, style, and genre.

And, of course, the very well-known female series of the pastiche world: Mary Russell (series written by Laurie King) and Irene Adler (written by Carol Nelson Douglas). In the Mary Russell series, we meet a brand-new character who begins as a student/young sidekick of Holmes in detective work and winds up becoming his partner. As for Irene, she becomes a detective herself and solves her own crimes and dramas, acting mostly on her own but still entangled with Holmes and needing his input.

Good starting point?

10/4/2012 . Edited 10/4/2012 #3
MiaKin

I would like to read, "Mycroft Holmes and the Adventure of the Silver Birches"! You have just given me to add something to my reading list.

If you're really into the Victorian versions of Sherlock Holmes pastiches, I recommend, "The Untold Stories of Sherlock Holmes", visit this page:

I think you'll love this!

7/3/2014 . Edited 7/3/2014 #4
MiaKin

I would like to read, "Mycroft Holmes and the Adventure of the Silver Birches"! You have just given me to add to my reading list. If you're really into the Victorian versions of Sherlock Holmes pastiches, visit this page:

I think you'll love this!

7/3/2014 #5
Forum Moderators: Elizabeth Marie Doyle
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member