The Imaginarium: A Thinker's Escape
*bows and flourishes hat* Step riiiiight up, ladies and gentlemen! The smallest of the small, and the tallest of the tall! Come old and young, come one and all! It's the Master Forum, just come right on in! Here, we discuss all things Seussian!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
wouldsomebody

Are you just a big fan of the musical, or have you ever actually been in a production of it? No matter what your connection to this play is, share us some stories about funny, interesting, or in general just plain memorable experiences you've had.

Some of mine:

Number One: Jojo, the director and I were blocking the dialogue and little "Oh the Thinks you can Think" reprise right before "Anything's Possible". When Mr J (the director) mentioned that Jojo was in a bathtub while I popped out at him, Jojo said with a rather horrified expression, "She's going to be looking at me??!! In the BATHTUB?!!" The following bit of dialogue ensued:

Mr J- Ahg!! I never thought of it that way!

Me: *cracking up* oh my LORD. . .I KNEW he was a pervert!

Jojo- O_O

Mr J- Nonono, pplease! This is a wierd, dr seuss world. . .you dont have genders. . .

Me & Jojo- *die laughing*

Number two: Me and some friends went to see a production of Seussical our vocal instructor for OUR production was in as a bird girl. The leads and main ensemble (aka the bird girls and head wickershams) were all wearing head mikes. During a scene change, apparently one of the guys' microphones was still switched on, so suddenly over teh music you hear someone backstage say, "WHERE'S THE FUCKIN'--" and then got cut off when they realized they could be heard. For some reason, only me, my friends, and some random two other people on the other side of the theater had noticed this and we all started laughing hysterically. The rest of the audience thought we were insane.

WHEW I TALK ALOT SORRY FOR THE LONG POST BUT I WANTED TO SHARE FUNNY-NESS WITH YOU!! SHARE SOME OF YOU OWN, PARTICIPATE IN TEH OTHER DISCUSSION, CHECK OUT MY SEUSSICAL STORY AND THE REST OF TEH SEUSSICAL STORIES, AND WRITE AND POST YOUR OWN!!!

1/2/2010 . Edited 1/2/2010 #1
TheatreGeek98

Hi! I've actullay been in Seussical twice!

One time during our final dress rehearsal, During "Mayzie in Palm Beach" the Cat in The Hat had a tray of drinks for her but forgot to give her one. Soi Mayzie whispers "_______________, you were supposed to give me a drink!" with her mike on. It was really funny.

3/31/2010 #2
wouldsomebody

HA! That's hysterical . . . Mishaps are the best part of a show, IMO. :)

11/8/2010 #3
nomorememories

One of my favorite things during any production is the director's notes. I love hearing the director's feedback and trying to improve upon it.

A lot of the blocking during the final reprise of 'Alone in the Universe' was really awkward, considering the tree was very high up, very narrow, and very hard to get up and down on. One of our director's criticisms was when Horton pulled the elephant bird out of the egg. He said it didn't look believeable and Horton wsan't holding it like he should be. The director finished it with "It's a baby, not a bowling ball!"

12/19/2010 #4
TheCatsApprentice19

Sadly, I haven't been in Seussical yet...I SO WANNA DO IT! People say ' you'll get your chance ' or stuff like that, but I feel the more I wait, the more it feels like it will never happen. Also, I kinda live in the middle of nowhere and in a school which usually writes their own production ( that happen every two years ), so that make the situation even more impossible to actually happen. If I ever did it, I would love to be either Gertrude, Jojo, Mayzie or The Cat. Even just being in it would do it for me!

I have seen it once, in person, back in 2009. Before that, I had never heard of it ( only read the books ) and when I saw it, something happened. It somehow changed my life. It is really hard to explain....Then, a few years later, my obsession began!

Lets just say, long story short...

2/9/2012 #5
SwiftStrongSpirit

TONIGHT IS THE SHOWING AT MY SHCOOL OF THE SUESSICAL! OMG I AM SO EXCITED!

1/25/2013 #6
showtunediva

Hi Everyone! New this forum!! I have seen Seussical twice and was recently in it as a Who. We had a huge cast...over 90 people!! The thing I like the most about Seussical is the characters and how many different backstories can develop. I have written several Seussical stories and TheCat'sApprenctice19 and I are currently collaborating on a story called An Actress's Dream. Please check out all these stories.

My favorite characters

Gertrude

Sour Kangaroo

Young Kangaroo

Horton

7/7/2014 #7
Forum Moderators: wouldsomebody
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member