Baker Street 221B
A place to discuss everything about Guy Ritchie's version of Sherlock Holmes.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Kairan1979

If you were to crossover Sherlock Holmes : The Movie with anything, what would it be?

First thing that comes into my mind is Sherlock Holmes/LXG.

For example - what if it wasn't Tom Sawyer who disguised himself as one of Phantom's men in Dorian Gray's house? What if it was Sherlock Holmes?

1/24/2010 #1
Cmdr's Monkey

Star Wars, which I'm currently writing at this moment in fact. Heh.

Always was curious how Holmes would deal with a more advanced society that can choke people with their minds. :D But anyway, mine has no Force-users so, yeah... just pure normal humans with a nasty streak toward enslaving worlds :D Long Live the Empire! Woot! lol

1/24/2010 #2
Mystique Fox

I love it! I will so be reading that...:) I think it would go very well with Sweeney Todd, just that entire dark london thing.

1/24/2010 #3
wolf with panther eyes

I'm tempted to write a Freaky Friday-type story with Holmes and Watson switching bodies. Could be interesting.

1/30/2010 #4
Cmdr's Monkey

I once considered that and having it happen in the middle of a case. But I decided against under the pretense that it would be far too ridiculous to put down to words. Even my humor can only stand so much absurdity. Lol

I've actually undertaken a second crossover though I wouldnt really say it is one entirely. What would you think of a Steampunk Victoria Era? Being an artist, I've already drawn Holmes in such a style and I'm working on Gladstone (clockwork bulldog) and will be designing the good doctor soon enough. Even wrote a few drabbles, one of which is posted in my Curious Cases collection. With RDJr and Law's portrayals of the characters, it certainly makes crossing Sherlock Holmes with Steampunk all the more plausible and fitting. I seriously cannot see Jeremy Brett or Basil Rathbone in that style.

1/30/2010 #5
ingrid-matthews

The crossovers I'm thinking about at the moment:

Sherlock Holmes/Phantom of the Opera - this is pretty much a no-brainer

Sherlock Holmes/Narnia - Time and world issue, but hey, they're all British!

Sherlock Holmes/X-files - With Moriarty on the loose, anything is possible!

Sherlock Holmes/Lord of the Rings - Yeah, I don't get it either, but it might be fun.

2/3/2010 #6
Cmdr's Monkey

Sherlock Holmes/Phantom of the Opera - this is pretty much a no-brainer

Indeed, but what can you bring to it that is new that hasnt already been done though? Im not against the idea, ive always liked such a xover, but after reading one you've read them all. You know?

Sherlock Holmes/Narnia - Time and world issue, but hey, they're all British!

Eh? Who says it has to be during WWII and the Reign of the White Witch? ;) Just the wardrobe itself should be fun to play with. I'd like to see Holmes explain that. Lol Course, knowing him, he'll attribute the whole adventure to the c*** he takes. Lol

Sherlock Holmes/X-files - With Moriarty on the loose, anything is possible!

Practical Sherlock Holmes meets Not-so Practical Fox Mulder! X-files was an awesome show that often had me squirming in my seat. Lol. Mulder and Scully are so Holmes and Watson but with a supernatural twist! Woot!

Sherlock Holmes/Lord of the Rings - Yeah, I don't get it either, but it might be fun.

Now that's an odd combination. Would be interesting to see how you could get those two worlds together without making it cliche. :D

2/3/2010 #7
ingrid-matthews

Indeed, but what can you bring to it that is new that hasnt already been done though? Im not against the idea, ive always liked such a xover, but after reading one you've read them all. You know?

Ooooh, I haven't seen any! Do you have some recs???? *batty eyes*

Narnia as a drug-induced trip for Holmes is hilarious. Aslan would just roll his eyes.

2/4/2010 #8
Cmdr's Monkey

The Angel of the Opera: Sherlock Holmes Meets the Phantom of the Opera

http://www.amazon.com/Angel-Opera-Sherlock-Holmes-Phantom/dp/1883402468/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1265310674&sr=8-1

That one I found I liked the most.

2/4/2010 #9
silvanelf

Interesting crossover ideas!

This may be silly...but I was thinking, what about Sherlock Holmes/Pride & Prejudice? I don't think the time periods quite mesh up, but there not too far off from each other. And the story possibilities are endless... :)

2/6/2010 #10
Vintage Writer

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Christopher Nolan's "The Prestige" Since it's around the same time, I think it would be a pretty good cross-over if someone had time to do it...lots of mystery and intrigue there.

2/7/2010 #11
The Devil Wears Westwood

The Narnia idea would be funny

4/6/2010 #12
Ryo Nightray

Hey, after reading this forum thread the idea occured to me of a Sherlock Holmes/Mentalist fic. Holmes and Jane both have great observatorty skills and stuff, and I don't know it just seems to work. But with the time difference it's probably not possible. Besides, I don't think I have the brains to write something like that.

4/7/2010 #13
Deleted User Accout

I'm thinking of an SH/Ironman crossover... Good idea? Anyway, Holmes would come and visit me in presant day, he invented the Iron Man suit in 1890 and time traveled to 2010. There are alot of time travel fics out there, but I kinda like my idea. What do you guys think?

4/8/2010 #14
Cmdr's Monkey

Its not really a SH/IM crossover then if you're just using the Iron Man suit to time travel him to the future so he could meet *you*. Might as well just dump Holmes in a time warp if that's all you want to do.

A xover would require the heros/villains of both fandoms to be majorly involved in the story in someway otherwise its really not a crossover if you only have the one and not the other or just only have the salad dressing of one fandom (ie the Iron Man suit) appearing in the other fandom.

Besides time travel is not always needed to bring someone from the past to the future. Especially in a universe such as Iron Man where technology and medical science is way ahead of the Real World.

Speaking of Iron Man crossing over with Sherlock Holmes 2009...and anyone can write this if they like.

I had an idea where Tony Stark ended up stuck in the past with no way to get back to the future and was discovered by British officials (soldiers most likely). Mycroft Holmes is eventually appraised of the situation when he's told that there is a strange "gentleman" who looks like his brother. Tony loses possession of the Iron Man suit to the British Government, but thankfully his security measures and Jarvis would prevent them from ever trying to reverse engineer it (like they could in the Victorian Era anyway), and he, himself, is kept under the watchful eye of Mycroft Holmes.

The year he appears in is 1891 and Sherlock Holmes recently, and really did, die at Reichenbach Falls. Mycroft sees Stark's arrival as a means to continue his brother's work, especially considering that Stark looks like Sherlock and his habits are quite similar and not to mention that the man is a genius too. After three years of grooming Tony Stark, who really has little choice but to accept this or end up in Bedlam, Mycroft finally manages to turn the eccentric billionaire-superhero into his dead brother.

And with some cosmetic and theatrical makeup, the Arc Reactor is hidden from sight.

The only test to pass now was Doctor Watson. Watson, of course, is too relieved to see his dead friend is alive to really notice the minute differences in his friend to realize that this was not Sherlock Holmes. The quirks that is Tony Stark eventually get noticed by Watson but he overlooks them as something one would expect from a changed man after 3 years on the run from Moriarty's gang.

Eventually Stark reveals the truth to Watson some years later after the doctor accidentally discovers the Arc Reactor while trying to tend to the man's injuries. Lots of angst from Watson about the deception and maybe some hate toward Stark for impersonating Holmes but once the situation is explained, Watson comes to understand, forgives Stark and ends up seriously displeased with Mycroft. Watson eventually agrees to continue the charade only because it would hurt London if the criminal world knew that Holmes was really dead. Stark's and Watson's relationship becomes rocky now but they eventually become friends.

In the year of 1903, Stark finally figures out how he can get back to his own time. But he needs the Iron Man suit to do it and after convincing Watson, they conspire to break in to one of Britain's high security bases to retrieve the suit. Tony goes back to the future and Watson writes that Sherlock Holmes had retired in the Sussex countryside to raise bees.

4/8/2010 #15
silvanelf

Barbossa'a Monkey--that crossover sounds awesome. :)

4/8/2010 #16
Cmdr's Monkey

Feel free to write it if you like. :D

4/8/2010 #17
Mam'zelleCombeferre

I always thought about a Jekyll and Hyde crossover. Or a Pickwick Papers crossover.

5/5/2010 #18
QueenOfHearts3

well, the notion of a crossover for "Sherlock Holmes" and "Doctor Who" has nagged me for some time... :D they have a fair lot in common, i think. apart from the fact that one's a human from Victorian England and the other's a 900 year old (give or take) alien from the long-lost Gallifrey, of course lol ive scoured the web for it, but all i can find is a small mention here and there, not a proper story. id try my hand at it, but i dont have much time to write these days

5/12/2010 #19
QueenOfHearts3

eh... scratch that. just found some over in the SH book section. still would review the heck out of a movie-verse one tho hehe

5/12/2010 #20
Mam'zelleCombeferre

I really like Isis the Sphinx's one so far. She is a friend of mine on the Holmes bookverse fandom.

5/13/2010 #21
QueenOfHearts3

yeah? ^_^ cool, thanks for the suggestion

5/14/2010 #22
Mam'zelleCombeferre

No prob. :)

5/17/2010 #23
Kairan1979

Why not? Holmes and Watson as a part of the Fellowship of the Ring can be funny.

5/30/2010 #24
Mam'zelleCombeferre

That would be sheer epicness. :)

5/30/2010 #25
Falco aesalon

I was thinking of X-ing it over with a bunch of RDJ movies. After watching The Shaggy Dog and seeing RDJ with a tail, I just have to do something where Holmes gives himself a tail somehow during a chemical experiment.

Just some idea I got (had?) about a month ago. I still actually have to type it up on my computer though.

6/14/2010 #26
Mam'zelleCombeferre

That would be interesting. I once read a story where all of Johnny Depp's roles have a big race to see who is the best. :)

6/14/2010 #27
Falco aesalon

I'm thinking more like they're all somehow involved in the same plotline, but set in Victorian times. Sort of... oh how do I explain this... like the same character but as though the person lived in the Victorian era, no time travel involved. And, Barbossa's Monkey, I like the Iron Man-Sherlock Holmes X-over idea.

Of course, I've somehow worked Tony Stark, Harry Lockhart (Kiss Kiss Bang Bang), and possibly Kirk Lazarus (Tropic Thunder) into it. It works in my head, but I'm not sure how to make it work on paper - er excuse me - on the computer screen.

6/14/2010 #28
Mam'zelleCombeferre

That sounds cool. :)

And that is a very interesting combo.

6/14/2010 #29
Falco aesalon

Thank you! The only problem is, I haven't seen Kiss Kiss Bang Bang or Tropic Thunder. I probably shouldl sometime. Lol.

6/14/2010 #30
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Kairan1979
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member