Strange Angels
Thoughts, theories, anything you'd like to say concerning the Strange Angels series.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »
littleAliengrl

*SPOILERS FOR DEFIANCE* O_O I can't believe no one has posted anything after reading Defiance. I was completely blown away. I love everything; the action, the humor, the angst, the romance but it also broke my heart. . Le sigh. But it gives me a lot of hope for ChristophexDru since Dru finally came out and told him that she liked him and pulled the first move to kiss him. Ha! For those who said that Christophe is the only one that makes the first move. I felt bad for Dru. She seemed really torn and confused over both guys, going as far as feeling guilty that she may have either lied to Graves about liking Christophe or had been lying to herself all along about liking Christophe. Though, she was betrayed and heartbroken, she felt later that she owed Christophe a big apology. I was a little confused. Okay, from what I understood Christophe withheld the fact that he knew where Graves was as seen in a vision from Dru where he watches as Graves is being hauled away, and later Graves says that all they did was talk about how Graves thought he would be useful to Dru. But if this is true, why would Dru need to "owe Christophe a big apology" if he lied to her about Graves? I was disappointed that Christophe didn't show up at the end, even though we all got heaps of Christophe throughout the book. :P Heck, I think he showed up more in this book than the last three combined. At least Dru bloomed. :D As we all predicted she would in this book, along with Ash changing back. I just wonder how things will go now that Dru, Graves and Ash are running from the Order, including Christophe I would presume.

Lol. I actually had a theory that Ash would turn out to be Dru's dad since Christophe hinted that Dru's dad might still be alive. But my theory was wrong of course. Ash is so cute! XD he's officially my second favorite character right behind Christophe! O_O Imagine if the next novel went like this:

Christophe and Graves: . Choose who you want.

Dru: O_O Umm....I pick Ash! *Grabs Ash and runs off with him* LOL I bet no one would see that coming. As funny as that would be, I really want Christophe and Dru to end up together. I just hope Miss Crow won't make the ending like she chooses Graves but Christophe still hangs around as a protective stalker or having her go with Graves and have him die, only to go with Christophe some time after that. . Or having her not choose anyone at all.

4/30/2011 #91
littleAliengrl

*SPOILERS FOR DEFIANCE* O_O I can't believe no one has posted anything after reading Defiance. I was completely blown away. I love everything; the action, the humor, the angst, the romance but it also broke my heart. . Le sigh. But it gives me a lot of hope for ChristophexDru since Dru finally came out and told him that she liked him and pulled the first move to kiss him. Ha! For those who said that Christophe is the only one that makes the first move. I felt bad for Dru. She seemed really torn and confused over both guys, going as far as feeling guilty that she may have either lied to Graves about liking Christophe or had been lying to herself all along about liking Christophe. Though, she was betrayed and heartbroken, she felt later that she owed Christophe a big apology. I was a little confused. Okay, from what I understood Christophe withheld the fact that he knew where Graves was as seen in a vision from Dru where he watches as Graves is being hauled away, and later Graves says that all they did was talk about how Graves thought he would be useful to Dru. But if this is true, why would Dru need to "owe Christophe a big apology" if he lied to her about Graves? I was disappointed that Christophe didn't show up at the end, even though we all got heaps of Christophe throughout the book. :P Heck, I think he showed up more in this book than the last three combined. At least Dru bloomed. :D As we all predicted she would in this book, along with Ash changing back. I just wonder how things will go now that Dru, Graves and Ash are running from the Order, including Christophe I would presume.

Lol. I actually had a theory that Ash would turn out to be Dru's dad since Christophe hinted that Dru's dad might still be alive. But my theory was wrong of course. Ash is so cute! XD he's officially my second favorite character right behind Christophe! O_O Imagine if the next novel went like this:

Christophe and Graves: . Choose who you want.

Dru: O_O Umm....I pick Ash! *Grabs Ash and runs off with him* LOL I bet no one would see that coming. As funny as that would be, I really want Christophe and Dru to end up together. I just hope Miss Crow won't make the ending like she chooses Graves but Christophe still hangs around as a protective stalker or having her go with Graves and have him die, only to go with Christophe some time after that. . Or having her not choose anyone at all.

4/30/2011 #92
Arcantos the Storyteller

I swear I preordered that book a long time ago after I read Jealousy...

And the three are on the run from the Order? Whatever for?

5/1/2011 #93
isthatacorner

*Spoilers for Defiance*

I'm probably alone in this, but I thought that Defiance was crazy boring. I don't know if it took me a long time to get into the rhythm of the book or what, but it just seemed to drag. I appreciate that Dru is suffering severe boy angst but for the first 2/3rds of the book I felt like all she did was WHINE. There were a few things that I did love, I'm a hardcore Graves Gal, but I loved the conversation that Christophe and Dru had when he told her that when he looked at her he didn't see her mother. For me, that was a conversation that needed to happen before I could ever see a Christophe/Dru pairing. And I liked that Dru kissed Christophe, I know Hardcore Graves Gal, but I'll tel you why. My main complaint with the Dru/Christophe thing is that they never feel like their equals, or like they ever could be equals. Like, Dru has assigned herself to a student/child role to his teacher/parent so for me anything that happened between them was seriously...ick. It was almost like he was taking advantage of someone he was guardian over, for me anyway. Dru from these past few books has just been drifting along doing whatever anyone asked of her. Its like she resigned herself, she knows that her father kept alot from her and that knowledge stripped every last bit of badass that she had in her away. She became a damsel in distress who needed someone to save her, and thats not how I like my Dru. All I was thinking as I read the book was that Dru from books 1 and 2, would have used her daytime field trips to look for Graves. Not be bullied into shopping. Or, after the first few days passed and no one had anything new to tell her about Graves she would have gone awol, consequences be damned because you don't leave family behind. But she waited, what? Two months? Doing nothing more than asking Christophe once at night before going to bed if he had any news on Graves before pulling out his coat and sleeping with it. Now I'm kind of torn on the whole triangle aspect of the books. I can finally see Dru/Christophe together, it would be super creepy because she still looks at him to save her and protect her (although maybe thats going away now) but I'm not even sure if I want the Graves/Dru hook up anymore. I don't really think this whiny sad sack of a gal deserves him. I think that he had already grown enough that they could actually be partners, equal in whatever relationship they had (Dru mentions this in Defiance, actually) and that by virtue of being freaking kidnapped by the biggest bad vamp in the country has probably given him so more nice dark edges that attracts Dru but...hm. I dunno if I want them together anymore. Sure when she goes to save him at the end of the book she's all badass about it...but. But.

And OMG. When Dru was having her crisis about wether or not she actually liked Christophe and if she had just been lying to Graves about her feelings for Christophe all I could think was GIRL PLEASE. How many times has she been kissed by Christophe? Am I the only one who remembers the passionate kiss and he had to twitch his hips away from hers, and she thinks to herself that she knows WHY. And she's embarrassed but keeps right on with the kissing? Even when she told Graves she had feelings for him she was still kissing Christophe.

Oh, and I know that Dru had been listening to Chrisptophe on how she needed more training before she could really go out and find Graves and have any hope of bringing him back home alive. And that Dru was working as hard as she could with the training so that she could make that day come faster. But I still think that Dru from books 1 and 2 would have given that a resounding "screw you" and done what she could to find Graves. Now, I'm kind of liking that female wolf, maybe her and Graves can hook up?? I spent the ENTIRE book waiting for her to be revealed as the traitor though, I was happy to be wrong. Dru needs a friend with all of her boy drama. Neither Graves or Christophe can be just that, a friend, with all of the sexy times muddying the waters.

5/1/2011 #94
Arcantos the Storyteller

I need to get Defiance ASAP

5/1/2011 #95
littleAliengrl

To Tempest, they're running from the Order because of Christophe lying about Grave's whereabouts. Leon had found some video footage that had been scrapped away most likely by the Order where it shows Christophe encountering Graves. To isthatacorner, I kind of have to agree with you. Dru should have snuck out to look for Graves instead of going to hang out with Shanks and Nathalie. But I mean, Christophe did warn her at the end of Jealousy that she wouldn't be able to do any good by going blindedly into battle with Sergej. That's pretty much what she did at the end, hence the title of the book, but I think she did it for Christophe's sake if nothing else because she had decided to put her trust in him. It's not that she whined but she was pissed off a lot and took out a lot of that rage on Christophe. It's like she said, her life was a lot less complicated before Christophe came along. I can only imagine how much that hurt Christophe, especially when Dru told him that he never meant that he was sorry.

Well, let's think of it this way. Dru is bloomed now so no more of this damsel and distress stuff. Of course, Christophe is still going to insist on aiding her since he has sworn himself to her, but I think that once Reckoning gets here, we'll all see the Dru that we first met in Strange Angels. I was glad that Miss Crow gave Dru a girl friend in Nathalie. Like you, isthatacorner, I have a feeling that she might cause some drama in the next book. Graves might end up being attracted to her. I mean even though I like Graves, he's changed dramatically from his Strange Angels introduction. He left Dru alone half the time in Betrayals in favor of hanging out with his new wulf pals and in Jealousy, he got alpha-maleish and didn't bother talking things out with Dru. He just stomped off. He should have known that Dru must have had a good reason. Now in Defiance...well, I was shocked that he was actually disgusted with Dru. I honestly don't know what direction Miss Crow is taking this story in. At first I thought that Dru and Graves were a sure thing but I'm not so sure anymore.

I'd love them together even though I favor ChristophexDru but after reading Defiance, it's just left me really confused about what Graves role will be in Reckoning. Also, I'm wondering what exactly Christophe's "history" with Ash was. He seemed amused by it and well, Ash obviously doesn't like Christophe. I'm guessing that Ash might be his brother. I really wouldn't put it past Sergej to do that to his own son after seeing how he tortured Christophe. Well, Dru pretty much did give that "screw you" to the Order when she refused to pick up Christophe's call which oddly resembled the kind of call when a boyfriend calls his girlfriend, saying that he doesn't want them to be over. Also when she picked up August's call and told off him and the Order who were more than likely trying to trace her call.

5/1/2011 #96
Arcantos the Storyteller

Well now, that is interesting...

5/1/2011 #97
the-weird-1

Dru felt like she owed Christophe an apology because Leon had pretty much sold her to the vamps. Well that's what I peiced together. I don't know what the vision thing was all about. Defiance was boring until Graves got into it. Without Graves Dru is some Bella want to be. I'm glad that in the next book it'll only be Dru, Graves and Ash for a bit. Wish Shanks and Dibs were there too mind ;haha. Dru should just be single. All these crappy romance stories have made the books more romance than action. I'd rather everyone just be friends rather than playing tonsil tennis.

5/2/2011 #98
Arcantos the Storyteller

Okay, only jsut fully read Fading's post... and well now, Graves was disgusted in her? Why would Graves be disgusted of Dru?

And what was that about Leon basicly selling Dru to the vamps?

5/2/2011 #99
the-weird-1

From what I read, Leon set it up as a trap when Dru ased him to find out if Christophe was actually doing anything about finding Graves. I'm pretty sure he was betraying her :D

5/2/2011 #100
Arcantos the Storyteller

Wait what? Only one book left?

6/8/2011 #102
Arcantos the Storyteller

... I NEED DEFIANCE!

6/13/2011 #104
Brenaners

The question is very hard but I think that maybe she should pair Dru up with the one that is more compatable and is like her, not someone that will agree with her eventhough that person knows she could get hurt or that she's totally wrong.

Christophe doesn't agree with Dru all the time and he tells her straight when he thinks she's being stupid or if she has a great idea. Graves does that too but he always goes along with her even if it's a stupid idea that wil most likely get her killed. When Christophe knows Dru would most likely get herself in trouble, he wil do anything to stop her.

The other thing is that Christophe and Dru are a lot alike, sometimes to tell you have to read between the lines. They are both secretive and wil do anything to protect the ones they love or consider friends even if it ment risking their own lives. But Graves would do the same thing but he's not as secritive, he says everything an anything to Dru and his friends. Where as Dru doesn't really talk to Graves about everything, about Christophe and she keeps part of her past locked up from both Christophe and Graves. The only time she ever yalks about her pastis if Christophe brings up her mother.

Another is that Graves understands her...sometimes. He makes her day better by jokes or just being near her. Graves and Dru have a bond, always being there for each other and relaxing together is always easy for them while irs hard for Dru to drop her gaurd around Christophe.

Another thing is trust. Dru trust Graves with anything and if it was between trusting Christophe and Graves, we al know she would choose Graves. There are moments where she trust Christophe with something but not most things. And before Christophe came back and was allowed to in the Schoola without being called a traitor, Dru and Graves were already kind of an item. Bu lets not forget she kinda saidthat she liked being with Christophe at the end of the 3rd book and that she said or thought that she liked kissing Christophe more and being with him. And before that in most of the books she had either the traitor, Christophe or her family on her mind. Sometimes she would have Graves on her mond but not much.

Personlly I'm a Christophe fan but even i have to admit that Graves has a pretty good chance still because i have a feling Christophe still sees Dru as her mother.

The first time he had kissed Dru when she was at the wulfen house,(book 2) he had touched her mother's necklaceand talked about her mother immediatly after.

6/15/2011 #105
littleAliengrl

O_O That's so true! I can't believe I never brought this up before as a defense for Christophe/Dru. You make a good argument here, chelime. What broke my heart and made me fall for Christophe all over again was when he asked, "Will you at least consider me an option?" At that moment, I saw just how much Christophe really loves her. And he reinforces it when he saws that Elizabeth never made him feel as strongly for anyone the way Dru did. And just like you said, chelime, Dru does consider Christophe her home and back in Jealousy Christophe promised a better life for her after Sergej is brought down. The only problem I have with him is that it was strongly implied that he betrayed Dru by giving Graves to Sergej's lackeys. I mean I know he didn't like Graves but he KNOWS how much Dru has been suffering without having Graves, her best friend, around. I don't understand how he could do that to her if he claims that he "fees like his heart is being torn out" when he sees Dru sad, which I strongly believe is how he really feels but still even though he loathed Graves, I still can't believe he would purposely put Dru through all that drama. He was FINALLY earning her full trust...and then this happens. Oh, the irony....

7/6/2011 #107
littleAliengrl

Really? Cuz even if that was some exaggerated dream that Dru had, Leon still had that blatant evidence on tape. Unless he altered the footage somehow, which I'm hoping. I would rather it be that than an actual betrayal. I wonder how Dru's relationship with Christophe and Graves change now that she's fully bloomed. I wonder if she physically looks like her mother now more than ever or if the changes have individualized her. One thing is certain is that while Christophe will be proud of Dru's transformation, Graves is disgusted by her as said by Dru in Defiance. I really couldn't believe that he of all people would be disgusted by her. He seems like he's still with Dru all the way but his reaction really hurt Dru. I guess this applies to both Christophe and Dru. Most end up hurting the ones they love but I still have some hope for Christophe/Dru still. When Dru discovered that Leon was the traitor, she said that she had some major apologizing to do to Christophe. I was disappointed that he didn't physically come out at the end. The last thing we really heard from him was him calling out Dru's name. The scene of him before that was of Dru hearing his voice on the answering machine, desperately begging her to pick up the phone and to trust him no matter what she had heard. My heart went out for him, even though at the time I really thought he betrayed her. It sounded like a boyfriend calling his girlfriend who won't return his calls. Dru really was heartbroken before this scene to the point of tears and anger when she remembered the previous night with him. I really hope they end up together, I think they really suit each other.

7/7/2011 #109
Arcantos the Storyteller

Am I the only person still here that supports Graves/Dru?

7/7/2011 #111
Arcantos the Storyteller

Well you are the only two apart from me that do seem to still be speaking here...

7/7/2011 #113
littleAliengrl

Don't worry, Tempest. It's like chelime said Graves/Dru does seem more popular and the books are leaning more towards that pairing especially since the author says she's Team Graves. I'm still holding out for Christophe/Dru but I wouldn't mind if Graves/Dru got together. He is one of my favorite characters even though I've tried to make strong arguments for Christophe/Dru.

7/7/2011 #114
Arcantos the Storyteller

That is true... I forget she said that.

7/7/2011 #115
littleAliengrl

No matter what pairing the Reckoning goes with, these last four books have been really awesome to read. :D I think it would be so cool if the books were made into a movie franchise. The books themselves are pretty short so I can imagine that with the right screenwriter could make it as close to the book as possible. If it were made into a movie, I would like either Tom Felton or Benjamin Stone (Alek from The Nine Lives of Chloe King) as Christophe and unknown Japanese actor for Graves. o_o Not sure who would make a good Dru.

7/7/2011 #116
littleAliengrl

I made a connection a few days ago that just barely occurred to me. It might not even be important and seem silly but while I was re-reading Strange Angels, I came to the part where Dru had first met Sergej and she noticed him wearing a gold Rolex watch, thinking that he seemed just like a Rolex kind of person. Then in Defiance, Dru noticed Christophe wearing one just like it, thinking that he didn't seem like the Rolex kind of guy. Is it possible that Christophe scored it off of Sergej during his time with Dru at the Schola and started wearing it? Sorry, I know this seems silly to ask but it was just one of those things that seemed really out of place in Defiance and only reading back did I find a connection. I don't know what it means exactly. Might have something to do with Graves being taken away even though I still have my fingers crossed that Christophe wasn't apart of that.

7/10/2011 #117
Arcantos the Storyteller

Hmmm... you know you might be onto something... I mean somethings the small things mean nothing, but other times... they really, really do.

7/11/2011 #118
creativelyconfuzzledsmurf

I think, yeah Dru respects him, but in a not-so-fatherly-but-kindof-like-she's-talking-to-an-elder-type-person kinda way. Like she gets annoyed by him and he seems like a know-it-all sometimes but under everything she respects him. But that's it. I dont really think they have any real connection - sorry, I'm on Team Graves :) You can't not love Graves!! I wouldn't be surprised if they were a steady couple in the end. He's just always with her through everything, and he respects her, and he loves her. And that's the most important thing, don't you think?

7/15/2011 #119
Arcantos the Storyteller

Another thing for Graves, in Jealousy when Christophe had returned, how many times did Dru say she wished he was Graves? Or that she wanted to find him?

7/15/2011 #120
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Neon Genesis
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member