The Reviews Lounge, Too
A forum for The Reviews Lounge, Too community, which spotlights the excellent stories in our archives and promotes reviewing all stories without the promise of getting a review in return. Don't forget to read the rules and introduce yourself first!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »
Wendy Brune

If you know of any stories that deserve to be archived in the Reviews Lounge, Too Community, give us their details! Just because a certain fandom isn't represented in the archive doesn't mean we aren't interested. Let us know!

To qualify for archiving, the stories must be either:

1. Quality oneshots with less than 20 reviews; or

2. Quality chaptered stories with an average of less than 15 reviews per chapter

We're currently accepting stories of most fandoms. However, some stories might be held until I get a proper modding staff. I can't judge stories I'm not familiar with! Likewise, please do not post your own stories here! There is an appropriate topic to do so.

If you want to recommend a story, here's the new guidelines. It just makes it easy for us as mods to read the stories.

Length: (chapters/words)

Number of Reviews:

1/20/2010 . Edited 2/24/2010 #1

Can we recommend a story that's not finished?

1/22/2010 #2
Wendy Brune

Of course, as long as it's under-reviewed! =)

1/22/2010 #3

Title: Through the Looking Glass, You Rule Our World

Fandom: Gossip Girl

Author: truglasgowgal

Length: (chapters/words) 5/20,686

Number of Reviews: 14

Character(s): Serena Baizen. Eric van der Woodsen. Magdalena Bass. Augustus Bass.

Summary: Two days after it goes to press that Chuck Bass is the richest man in the world, he and his wife disappear off the face of the earth. Will their children's arrival in the UES make those left behind realise what they've lost?

Link: Here

Mod Edit: Reviewed

1/22/2010 . Edited by Wendy Brune, 3/11/2010 #4
Wendy Brune

Wow, I really enjoyed this story despite knowing very little about Gossip Girl.

Added to the C2 -- everyone needs to make sure to review!

1/22/2010 #5
Luna Rapunzel

Title: of circuitry and circular thinking

Fandom: Harry Potter

Author: Static Lull

Length: currently 8 chapters, ~150 words each

Number of Reviews: 17 (that's two reviews per chapter D: )

Character(s): Sirius Black, Emmeline Vance

Summary: SiriusEmmeline-- darling, we're in over our heads; one hundred times their lives intersect.

Link: of circuitry and circular thinking

It's a FANTASTIC drabble collection that deserves a heck of a lot more than what little recognition it's been getting.

1/22/2010 . Edited by Wendy Brune, 3/11/2010 #6

Title: Jacob's Tent Fantasy

Author: DazzledbyJake

Length: (chapters/words) one-shot / 1,513 words

Number of Reviews: 15

Character(s): Jacob Black/ Bella Swan (Edward Cullen also is there a little but he's sitting off to the side reading Jacob's thoughts)

Summary: Jacob's POV of the tent scene in Eclipse.

Note from me: This story is rated M and for a reason. The author acutally has this at the beginning of the story WARNING: This is very explicit! So if you don't mind reading that sort of thing and you like Jacob this is a good read. I found my self laughing while amazed at how well the author captured Jacob's point of view

Title: Yesterday is But a Dream

Author: SunnyZim

Length: (chapters/words) one-shot / 1,439 words

Number of Reviews: 12

Character(s): Emily/Sam

Summary: Emily Uley could remember a time when life was easy. When she had dreams, ambitions, a bright future. However, we don't always choose our destiny. Sometimes, our destiny chooses us. Recommended in The Lazy Yet Discerning Ficster blog.

Note from me: This is an excellent character sketch of Emily.

1/22/2010 . Edited by Luna Rapunzel, 3/11/2010 #7
Wendy Brune

Stories have been added - thanks for the recs!

1/23/2010 #8

Title: Somewhere In Between

Fandom: Clique

Author: Dernier Cri

Length: (chapters/words) 1/1368

Number of Reviews: 15

Character(s): Cam Fisher

Summary: Cam still talks to her as though she's still there.

Link: Here

1/23/2010 . Edited by Wendy Brune, 3/11/2010 #9
Wendy Brune

Added! This was a really good story -- don't forget to review it yourself, imlying!=)

1/23/2010 #10
Luna Rapunzel

Title: floriography

Author: Static Lull

Length: 1 chapter, 222 words

Number of Reviews: 7

Character(s): James Potter, Narcissa Black

Summary: JamesNarcissa-- there is a time when you don't know the difference between up and down, left and right, and the girl in Arithmancy catches your eye.

Link: floriography

1/23/2010 . Edited by Wendy Brune, 3/11/2010 #11
Cuban Sombrero Gal

Title: Ungodly Hours

Fandom: Greek

Length: 1 chapter, ~4800 words

Number of Reviews: 6

Character(s): Casey/Cappie

Summary: The only thing worse that a girl who hates you is a girl who loves you. Cappie's POV.

Link: here

1/24/2010 . Edited by Wendy Brune, 3/11/2010 #12

Title: Forever Seventeen

Fandom: Twilight

Author: Kioko

Length: (chapters/words): 966 words

Number of Reviews: 18

Character(s): 1

Summary: You're never going to die, and you're always going to be stuck in the purgatory that is puberty and high school. You're forever seventeen and everything changes but you. Pre-Bella Edward character piece.

Title: The World is Moving and I'm Standing Still

Fandom: Twilight

Author: rcaqua

Length: 2847

Number of Reviews: 14

Character(s): Edward+ others

Summary: Lazarus, come forth. Edward/Piano, and various others

1/24/2010 . Edited by Luna Rapunzel, 3/11/2010 #13
Wendy Brune

Stories have been added except for The World Is Moving and I am Standing Still, and only because I don't have the time to read it yet. Great recs!

1/26/2010 #14

Story: Trick or Treat or Severus Snape's Halloween

Author: toroj

Number of reviews: 0!

Characters: Snape, OC

Summary: well, the title pretty much covers it... it's funny, and has a really great OC!

Hey, I really hope some reviews will make her write more. Or at least translate next parts of the story... It's worth reading. And I see Polish section slowly degrade to a sad place where people only put things translated from English. If I could write, I'd counter it myself, but unfortunately - no talent at all... So please please me and one of the best authors? :)

1/29/2010 . Edited by Wendy Brune, 3/11/2010 #15

Title: Hogwarts Confidential

Fandom: Harry Potter.

Author: Do Re Mi 123

Length: (chapters/words) 23 chapters and 77,998 words

Number of Reviews: Mere 50.

Character(s): Next Gen stuff with Rose, Scorpius, James, Albus, etc. etc. There's an OC in there too, but very believable.

Summary: (Official Summary) Vicious gossip, tangled love-lives and preventing the extinction of magic by vigilantes, just some of the things the NextGen have to deal with at Hogwarts. Various pairings R&R. (Stuff actually in the story) Everybody loves gossip, hot, juicy gossip. Pick up the newest issue of "Hogwarts Confidential" to read up on the latest talk hitting the halls now!

Hogwarts is in the 2000's and trashy tabloids is what all the school kids what to read! Thanks to a group of ghost writers the school now has its own gossip magazine, Hogwarts Confidential. The issue's favorite student-celebs? James and Albus Potter, Rose Weasley and the sulking outcast Scorpius Malfoy, to name a few!

Link: Click.

Title: Salazar's Salesmen

Fandom: Harry Potter.

Author: Do Re Mi 123

Length: (chapters/words) 40 chapters and 176,362 words

Number of Reviews: 145, only about 3 reviews per chapter. :/

Character(s): Group of OCs that I am really loving. It's set in the Golden Trio's time period, between COS and POA. The main character's name is Corvus Blackstone.

Summary: (Official Summary) Corvus Blackstone, a Slytherin, runs a lucrative business of smuggling in and selling contraband at Hogwarts. Him and his mates are making money and having fun. Then things get messy. Set in CoS&PoA.

(Stuff actually in the story) In Hogwarts, written on the boy's bathroom wall on the sixth floor was an irremovable piece of graffiti. It appeared in the spring of 1991 and its black, spidery letters won't ever fade. It's message: We are Salazar's Salesmen. We will cater to your every need. No matter how unseemly they may be. But all for a fee. Welcome to the underbelly of Hogwarts, where the Salesmen are untouchable, or so they think.

Link: Click.

1/29/2010 . Edited by Luna Rapunzel, 3/28/2010 #16
Wendy Brune

Chudeuz and Marbles -- those were great recs to the archive, but neither of you reviewed the stories you recommended! (Marbles, you did review the second, but not the first!)

The point of the archive is to encourage reviewing, and once ya'll review them, I will add the stories!

Thanks for the recs! =)

1/30/2010 #17

I reviewed it in the Polish version,no need to repeat:)

1/30/2010 #18

I haven't reviewed the first one because I didn't like, start reading the story yet. :P I read the first chapter and was like, WOW! THIS IS REALLY GOOD! I usually review at the last chapter... :/ Sorry. *goes to review*

1/31/2010 #19
Wendy Brune

Haha thanks marbles. I'm tackling the list now! =)

EDIT: And with that, "The World is Moving and I am Standing Still" has been *finally* added to the archive. It's a beautifully written piece of work, so I suggest everyone take a look. I'll continue with the list in the near future.

2/8/2010 . Edited 2/8/2010 #20
Mistical Ninja

I have a question. What about ratings? I know a few really good ones, but their all rated M, (one in particular for very good reason). Is that a problem? Also, one of them, the guy has a couple grammatical error's, but overall the story is GREAT. Would that be a problem?

2/9/2010 #21
Bad Myrtle

I am slightly biased, becacuse I eta'd this, but don't let that put you off. I wouldn;t recommend anythign I didn;t think was good, and this is brilliant.

Title/Link: Aftershock

Author: DragonDi

Length: (chapters/words) One chapter posted so far. I think there will be twelve in total.

Character(s): Remus Lupin chiefly. Also the other Marauders, Alastor Moody

Summary: The betrayal of one friend and the deaths of the three others leave Remus Lupin to deal with Aurors, reporters, and his own emotions. A sort of prequel to 'Carnival of Dark and Dangerous Creatures.'

Carnival of Dark and Dangerous Creatures is also highly recommended. Di writes the best remus Lupin and the best Moody I have ever read.

2/9/2010 . Edited by Wendy Brune, 3/11/2010 #22

Seconding Aftershock , it's amazing!

And recomending:

Title/Link: Last Dance

Author: Lady Altair (you should all know her name!!!!!)

Length: (chapters/words) 1,459 words, not chaptered

Number of Reviews: 18

Character(s): first Order of the Phoenix: Caradoc, James, Marlene...

Summary: His last dance. Her last kiss. A collection of lasts from the first Order of the Phoenix.

2/9/2010 . Edited by Luna Rapunzel, 3/11/2010 #23

Title/Link: George and Annie: An Unofficial Biography

Author: shosier

Length: (chapters/words) LONG. 62 chapters, almost 400K words, and complete.

Number of Reviews: 198 (which is only about three per chapter :/ )

Character(s): Fred, George, and assorted other Weasleys. One INCREDIBLE OC named Annie. Several other inhabitants of St Ottery-Catchpole.

Summary: The Weasley twins hone their troublemaking talents with the help of a feisty muggle girl from the village, Annie Jones. Their friendship slowly grows into something more as teens, when George and Annie discover an attraction to each other they can't resist. ---- Don't let the Mary Sue sounding summary put you off it. Her development is fabulous, and so is the characterization of the twins. Funny and deep and heartwarming all :-)

2/9/2010 . Edited 4/29/2010 #24
The Reviews Lounge Too

I have a question. What about ratings? I know a few really good ones, but their all rated M, (one in particular for very good reason). Is that a problem? Also, one of them, the guy has a couple grammatical error's, but overall the story is GREAT. Would that be a problem?

In regards to ratings...

Right now stories that have graphic sex scenes are not being accepted into the archive. Stories that are rated M for language or violence are currently being considered on a case-by-case basis and may or may not be included at the discretion of the moderators.

In regards to grammatical errors...

Grammar does play a role in determining the quality of the story; that being said, if the grammatical errors do not detract too much from the story, and the rest of the story is still good, then it can be added. Basically, like mature-rated stories, grammatical errors are considered on a case-by-case basis. When it doubt, recommend it!

Wendy, EHWIES, and Maddie

2/9/2010 #25
Mistical Ninja

Fandom:Dresden Files

Length: 1Chapter/647Words

Number of Reviews:5

Character(s): Harry Dresden/ Karin Murphy

Summary:He's dreaming, but everyone has to wake up. HarryMurphy

Fandom:Harry Potter

Author:Sirocco's Breath

Length: 1chapter/ 8, 287 words

Number of Reviews:1 (going to be adding mine soon DX)

Character(s):Harry Potter/ Ginny Weasley

Summary:AU DH Feat.: vivacious, badass femme-fatale - a teen idol Master of Death possessing The Oomph! - and an opal astral projection. Will follow the course of the 7th book till a point. Then: H&G unleashed! And the body-count of the DEs skyrocketing! MATURE

2/9/2010 . Edited by Luna Rapunzel, 3/11/2010 #26

Title: Death Wish

Author: MagicalEspionage

Length: (chapters/words) one-shot/579 words

Character(s): Severys Snape

Summary: -oneshot- He moved forward, his face so emotionless that he could've been a ghost, a dead body, an unoccupied soul, even a patronus. But all Severus saw were those bright, green, brilliant eyes. Lily's eyes.

Link: Death Wish

2/10/2010 . Edited by Luna Rapunzel, 3/11/2010 #27

Title: Black Knight

Author: Kat Morning

Length: 4121 words

Number of Reviews: 9

Character(s): Remus- Sirius (not slash)

Summary: Sirius is reunited with his beloved motorbike. Involves flashbacks to Marauder times, tipsy werewolves and tattoos.

Title: Heroes

Author: teh liz

Length: 592 words

Number of Reviews: 8

Character(s): the Prewetts (recomended for background material;)

Summary: 30minutefics challenge. "...Gideon Prewett, it took five Death Eaters to kill him and his brother Fabian, they fought like heroes." -- Mad Eye Moody, "Order of the Phoenix"...

Title: Love me Or

Author: Alyx Bradford

Length: 6298 words

Number of Reviews: 11

Character(s): Bellatrix

Summary: At the celebration of Bellatrix Black's engagement to Rodolphus Lestrange, the Black sisters and their respective significant others are given cause to ponder the nature and meaning of love, and whether or not it exists. One-shot.

Title: 31 Oktober

Author: fictionalcandie

Length: 4681 words

Character(s): Sirius

Summary: When the world stopped, Sirius was the one left standing. [Oneshot. Not at all a happy fic.]

Title: Salacious Slugs

Author: sciathan file

Length: 8514 words

Character(s): Marauders

Summary: (Marauders era, one shot] In which a prank goes badly awry, Sirius is captured by an enchanted suit of armor, and the Marauders are forcibly inducted into the Slug Club.

THE greatest prank story of all times!!!

EDIT: The links don't work. I will fix that up when I get home. Sorry.

EDIT 2: fixed

Mod Edit: Reviewed and added

2/17/2010 . Edited by The Reviews Lounge Too, 11/2/2010 #28

Read Heroes, and added it to the community. It was a beautiful piece of work, amazing! :D Everyone should read and review it :)

2/17/2010 #29
Luna Rapunzel

Added Last Dance! It only needs one more review to graduate--any takers?

2/17/2010 #30
Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Wendy Brune Luna Rapunzel, GeorgyannWayson, MissScorp, Madam'zelleGiry, ShadedRogue, The Reviews Lounge Too
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member