The Reviews Lounge, Too
A forum for The Reviews Lounge, Too community, which promotes reviewing of all stories and spotlighting talented writers. Don't forget to read the rules and introduce yourself first!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »
imlying

Maybe a thread for challenges? I don't know.

2/2/2010 #31
Wendy Brune

That's a good idea -- I've been wanting to do a challenge. I'll create a poll topic to see if anyone else would be interested...

2/2/2010 #32
Wendy Brune

ALSO: If you're interested in a challenge right now, I created one in the HP Challenges forum ( though it's open to all fandoms. )

This ISN'T the official RLt challenge but might be fun if you're looking for something now.

See it here. - http://forum.fanfiction.net/topic/44309/22503824/1/

2/3/2010 #33
StoryGirl02

Okay so this isn't "super" or whatever, and it isn't an orginal idea.

But still.

The DG Forum on here (Draco/Ginny) has a cool idea I wanted to share with you guys. On their forum, there is a whole topic devoted to their self-portraits, or photos of theirselves, if you'd rather. Not only would it give us a face to a name, but I think it would be a cool idea, showing each other what we look like.

(Wendy, EHWIES, if you don't want this, just let me know and I'll delete)

2/9/2010 #34
Luna Rapunzel

I personally wouldn't participate in it, namely because I don't want random lurkers I don't know seeing anything personal about me. Long story short, I was on this forum back when I was 12-ish where there was this girl was lying about her identity and the mods got all crazy and wanted to "expose" her and were trying to track her location using her IP address and all this stuff and I think the police ended up getting involved... yeahhh. It was pretty intense. So now I just go by EHWIES and don't tell anyone on the Internet anything about myself, which means no publicly posted pictures.

I'm such a killjoy, I know. XD So yeah--but if other members were interested, I wouldn't have a problem with a thread being up for it.

2/9/2010 #35
StoryGirl02

You're not a killjoy, I understand. You & Wendy & Mist are the only people I've told about my real name, plus another person I've chatted to through PM's since I've basically joined up on this site.

:D

2/9/2010 #36
Luna Rapunzel

^^

Way too early to have an official round of RLt Fanfic Awards, but maybe we could do a mock award type thing for the collab--like, give each submission its own unofficial "award" (Most Creative, Most Unique, Best Grammar, whatever) or something just for fun? Either together as mods or have suggestions/nominations/polls on the forum? Maybe?

2/9/2010 #37
Mistical Ninja

I like that idea. Sounds cool. ^_^

2/9/2010 #38
StoryGirl02

OH YEAH! ;)

2/10/2010 #39
Wendy Brune

like, give each submission its own unofficial "award" (Most Creative, Most Unique, Best Grammar, whatever) or something just for fun? Either together as mods or have suggestions/nominations/polls on the forum?

Hm, I could go for that with a few stipulations. I'd would want every story to get an award, for the first thing. I think it should be determined as mods, simply because having a vote could equal in hurt feelings. (Not to say that I won't ever be up for a vote, but right now we're small enough that it could seem personal!)

2/10/2010 #40
Wendy Brune

On their forum, there is a whole topic devoted to their self-portraits, or photos of theirselves, if you'd rather. Not only would it give us a face to a name, but I think it would be a cool idea, showing each other what we look like.

I agree with EHWIES that maybe putting photos isn't a great idea. It's not even that I don't trust you guys on the forum, but anyone can look at the topics. Seriously, even people who don't have ff.net accounts can read the posts. I want this forum to be super safe.

Maybe we can tweak it, though. Like, maybe everyone could describe their physical traits, or make a cartoon doll online, or something. I'm open for other ideas! =)

2/10/2010 #41
Luna Rapunzel

Hm, I could go for that with a few stipulations. I'd would want every story to get an award, for the first thing. I think it should be determined as mods, simply because having a vote could equal in hurt feelings. (Not to say that I won't ever be up for a vote, but right now we're small enough that it could seem personal!)

Oh, I didn't mean that not every story would get an award--I meant having the members pick the award for each fic or something. I haven't thought it out too much yet, so I'm not sure how we'd organize it, but I agree that we shouldn't single certain stories out.

2/10/2010 #42
Wendy Brune

Oh, I didn't mean that not every story would get an award--I meant having the members pick the award for each fic or something. I haven't thought it out too much yet, so I'm not sure how we'd organize it, but I agree that we shouldn't single certain stories out.

Ooh, gotcha. I re-read it and saw what you meant. I think we can tweak it into something fun (and luckily, we have lots of time!) =)

2/10/2010 #43
xoxcrescentmoonxox

I really like Ehwies' idea. And if we opened it up to everyone to award the stories, then it would be a good way to get people to R&R as well.

2/11/2010 #44
Mistical Ninja
I just had an idea, based off Maddie's post. What about a request thread? Like, we wanna see this, this, and this kinda fic, but can't find it on fanfic, or just wanna see if one of our members can pukll it off better? Sorta like a challenge fic only... More personalized. Anyone would be able to request a fic, and just about anyone can try their hand at it. Or something. Whatcha think...?
2/12/2010 #45
Wendy Brune

I like it, as long as people participate. We'll give it a go, though if it doesn't work out I might delete it to keep the place tidy! =)

2/12/2010 #46
StoryGirl02

Kinda like the Drabble Request Thread at HPFFC, yeah? :DD

2/12/2010 #47
lyin

not sure if this is a *super* idea or one anyone would actually wanted to use, but when i've been googling trying to look up exact lines for something, I found some forums on other sites that had threads like this and thought it was cool (I got suckered into reading all the way through one of them) ~ especially given the multi-fandom-ness of the RLt...

maybe a quote thread? i don't mean inspirational quotes (though those'd be fine too) ~ but a spot for someone to go, 'check out this AWESOME line of dialogue/description' from a book, TV show, a fanfiction someone's reading, whatever. it'd be one way to get a glimpse into what everybody's watching/reading and a chance to share our favorite thingamajibs.

personally, i LOVE really good lines ~ makes me want to write. (well, i get over wishing I WROTE them. ;D) i don't know if it would really work, or just be one of those threads that dies, but hey, thought i'd throw an idea in the box ;D

2/18/2010 #48
Wendy Brune

Mh, I like it! I'll create it tonight.... we can give it a couples week run to see how it does! =)

2/18/2010 #49
Love From A Muggle

Wendy,

What if we had a "Confessions" thread? I can't remember which forum I saw that from, but something like you can't tell your friends because they'd laugh at you sort of thing? Like for me, I don't know how to put on nail polish right and am afraid to tell my friends (I never was girly girl when I was younger) Or something like that. Where we can come and tell silly little confessions that no one else knows about us.

2/18/2010 #50
Luna Rapunzel

We used to have a thread on the RL for that--"The Sort-Of Secrets Thread", if I'm remembering right. If Wendy's good with it, we should definitely put one up. :)

2/18/2010 #51
Love From A Muggle

Thats where I got it from i think.

2/18/2010 #52
Wendy Brune

Yeah, I remember that thread too. Sure, we'll create it now and give it a few weeks to see how it does - at the old RL, those post often just went into randomness.

EHWIES -- wanna make that while I create the quotes thread?

2/18/2010 #53
Luna Rapunzel

Yeah, sure. ^^

2/18/2010 #54
Luna Rapunzel

While we're on a roll--I think we totally need a thread for the RLt party dorm.

Just sayin'.

2/18/2010 #55
Wendy Brune

Hellz to the yeah. I love our RLt party dorm. Of smallness.

2/18/2010 #56
Luna Rapunzel

I made it. XD

2/18/2010 #57
Love From A Muggle

I think this was in the old Reviews Lounge, but what if we have a topic that we can complain about a review? like if we got a flame or something?

2/19/2010 #58
Wendy Brune

The "What-the-heck?" thread? Sure, as long as it's not just for complaining but also about laughing at the random ones, haha.

2/19/2010 #59
Love From A Muggle

Well not complaining, but simply wondering why you got a flame would that be fine?

2/19/2010 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Wendy Brune GeorgyannWayson, Luna Rapunzel, The Real F'n Scorp, Madam'zelleGiry, ShadedRogue, The Reviews Lounge Too
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member