The Reviews Lounge, Too
A forum for The Reviews Lounge, Too community, which spotlights the excellent stories in our archives and promotes reviewing all stories without the promise of getting a review in return. Don't forget to read the rules and introduce yourself first!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »
eSJa

OMG KURTS SINGING THE BEATLES!!!!

Seriously...I'm crying right now.

10/5/2010 . Edited 10/5/2010 #301
Luna Rapunzel

CHRIS COLFER IS SUCH AN AMAZING ACTOR.

I kinda want to hit Mercedes for asking Kurt to come to church with her. The dedication was sweet, but just... no.

DON'T CRY ILY.

10/5/2010 #302
eSJa

For realz he is..I smell an Emmy. XD

Thats part of being a teenager though, having your heart in the right place even though it might be exactly what that person doesn't want. But yeah, I agree with you.

Haha, all dry now, that song just gets to me every time.

Poor Finn, he's so oblivious and innocent. =D

10/5/2010 #303
Luna Rapunzel

IKR? Love him. Did not like his solo tonight, though. I loved the reason for it and the scenes where he was looking at Kurt (and Chris's expressions during it, OMG, good acting ftw)... just didn't sound good. I didn't think, at least.

Okay, Mercedes is approving of Kurt's atheism. I agree with this.

10/5/2010 #304
Luna Rapunzel

First of all, I LOVE THE LAST FRAME WITH THE EMPTY PLATE. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Also, I wish there had been more going on between Finn and Kurt in this--Finn said his piece about how he thought they were kinda like family, and Kurt ditching the dinners at the beginning suggested that he doesn't want to be a family with Carole and Finn yet, and we didn't get any resolution, so that was poopy. Also, what happened with the end part where Kurt was squeezing Burt's hand? Did he die? Was he waking up? Was it insignificant? What? My roommate was rustling with something and I couldn't quite hear and our TV screen is really tiny so I couldn't tell.

10/5/2010 #305
eSJa

I've come to realize that I just need to wait until the episode is over before I judge any of it. lol

By far the best episode so far, Kurt stole the show but everyone had great moments.

I'm glad they left Kurt being an atheist, it fits the character and will make for some really heart-renching episodes as Burt fights his way back.

I liked Finn's song, I thought it was pained and showed his confusion well. Then again I have tin ear and just like that song. XD

10/5/2010 #306
Luna Rapunzel

I don't know the song and thought his voice sounded bad. Much as I love him... yeah.

DEFINITELY THE BEST OF THE SEASON. Audition was just okay, and Britney/Brittany was NOT good, but this was really wonderful, I thought. Kurt is amazing. Chris Colfer is amazing. Rachel was more tolerable/more like her old self again from last season! Finn was adorable! Brittany was hilarious!

10/5/2010 #307
eSJa

Hehe, the empty plate was a nice touch, and I liked that he ate the sandwitch rather than throw it away.

True they did tease Finn and Kurt at the begining then just left it other than Finn's song and that didn't really do much other than show Finn empathizing with Kurt's feeling of being lost. Maybe it's building to something bigger? Hope so, y/y?

I think, and this is just a thought that Burt will slow come back to awareness the next couple of episodes, leaving Kurt to grow closer to Carol and having to reply on her a for something? He didn't wake up, he didn't die just, squeezed. Meh gonna have to wait another week. -sigh-

10/5/2010 #308
Luna Rapunzel

Oh, he squeezed back. Okay. XD Yeah, where is Kurt living atm? On his own at his house? With Carole and Finn? What? I REALLY want to see closure with the Kurt/Finn storyline. Like, really really.

I LOVE that he ate the sandwich. So Finn to not want to sacrifice the food, LOL. And I love seeing him progressively put it in cling wrap and stuff trying to stop it from getting moldy. XD

10/5/2010 #309
eSJa

I don't think the Kurt/Finn is going to be closed anytime soon, like you said there is to much tention and angst between them to not follow that story line. However I want to see it resolved also!

Rachel was much more like her old self, especially with wanting her children to be able to freely choose whatever religion she chooses for them. XD

Puck...oh Puck. Such a perfect song for him and great way to open the episode. Even though there was a little Quick, I wanted more! No new guy for Quinn, Puck, Puck! =D

10/5/2010 #310
Luna Rapunzel

I don't want them to close the storyline--I love love love love love their dynamic together--I just wish they'd addressed it more directly than they did in this episode, I guess. They started to build up some kind of Finn/Kurt thing in the beginning where Finn was ready to bond with Kurt but now Kurt's the one pushing away, but then they stopped addressing it like 15 minutes into the ep, which was disappointing. BUT THAT'S OKAY. I SHALL WRITE BROHOOD FANFIC.

especially with wanting her children to be able to freely choose whatever religion she chooses for them. XD

Basically, this. :D Sending Sunshine to a crack house because she wants to keep her spotlight = bad. That = hilarious and endearing. Also, the bangs are growing on me. Not a whole lot, but I can tolerate them. (Then again, I've had bangs the majority of my life--though I'm growing them out atm for the first time in eight years!--so I'm a little biased. XD)

I liked the song, but I haven't really been feeling Quick since the S1 Front 13, tbh. They haven't touched on it at all, so I haven't really been interested, I guess? I used to LOVE Finchel, but now I'm just eh towards them, mostly because of Rachel's characterization and partly because, idk, they're just not as lovestruck and adorable and needing to end up together as they were last season. I don't really ship anybody heavily at the moment, actually, though I think that the Finn/Quinn and Finn/Kurt relationships (in general, not necessarily romantically) are super interesting.

10/5/2010 #311
eSJa

Glee in 15!

10/12/2010 #312
over-rehearsed

Squeeee

(SJ YOU'RE ON!!! RANDOMNESS, NOW!)

10/12/2010 #313
Luna Rapunzel

I'm afraid I won't be joining you for our usual Glee viewing party, Ben--watching it with friends today. XD But I'll probably be back in a couple of hours for a post-episode rantfest!

10/12/2010 #314
eSJa

-sigh- I suppose I can deal with that. =) Have fun!!

10/12/2010 #315
Wendy Brune

I'M NOT HERE, BUT OMG AT ALL THE CUTE FACES FINN WAS MAKING IN "DON'T GO BREAKIN' MY HEART!"

10/12/2010 #316
eSJa

YES MANY FACES!

And for once Rachel seemed, I don't know, like an adult. o.0

Ok first observations: Puck better only be gone for 1-2 episodes...I need his give-a-sh!t attitude.

Santana is nuts, self-serving to the point of making Rachel look like a saint.

Good for Finn being upfront with Kurt, I love it when he has moments of clarity and speaks well.

Umm...what the hell is that sweater is FInn wearing? Did Kurt pick it out for him?

10/12/2010 #317
StoryGirl02

STUPID DELHI COMMONWEALTH GAMES FOR TAKING AWAY MY GLEE FOR THREE WEEKS, CHANNEL TEN I HATE CHU!

10/12/2010 #318
eSJa

Daaaw. I'm sorry Maddie! -huggles-

Would you like a... -searches bag- A Puck, Finn, Sam, Kurt or Mr. Schue doll?

10/12/2010 #319
StoryGirl02

Puck, please and thank chu ;)

10/12/2010 #320
eSJa

-digs through his bag of goodies-

Here ya go, one Puck, pull his string and he not only sings but insults all nearby geeks!

-is insulted as he hands it over-

10/12/2010 #321
eSJa

Awwww, Brittney is sooo adorable!

Clueless as a box of rocks but I want to just cuddle her to death!

EDIT: She also breaks my heart.

10/12/2010 . Edited 10/12/2010 #322
Luna Rapunzel

IDK if it's because I watched this ep with my friend (whom I just introduced to Glee, so it was her first time ever watching it, and she was crazy crazy crazy entertained), but this one seemed really, really, really funny. Brittany in particular. The licking the plate thing OMGG. And the Clintons. OMG. There was major laughing going down in my room tonight. My roommate probably thinks we're crazy.

OMG, speaking of my roommate! Santana and Brittany were making out, and my roommate was like kind of not really trying to take a nap so wasn't paying attention, and my friend was confused because it was her first time watching, so I'm like, "They're friends with benefits." And my roommate SHOOTS out of bed with this bizarre look on her face and is like, "NOBODY TOLD ME THAT!" It doesn't sound funny at all now that I type it out, but it was hardcore lulzworthy.

Brittany/Artie... wow. Started out funny, then got really sad. I felt bad that Artie lost his virginity like that and completely empathize with him, but he should have known better, too... idk. Brittany just looked so lost after he wheeled away in that last scene between them. Sadtiemz.

Kurt's song. Um. No. Usually I love the guy, but that was just over the top and strange this week. Sorry, Kurt, much as I love you...

BUT THE DUET WITH RACHEL AND KURT AT THE END BASICALLY MADE THE EPISODE FOR ME! srsly, you guys KNOW how great I think their dynamic is and how I think they're so crazy similar and could be such incredible friends if Kurt could stop hating on Rachel and they'd stop being divas and fighting over Finn for like two seconds long enough to realize how much they have in common and what a great duo they could be. And I was SO happy to finally see Rachel step forward and put a stop to the ridiculous feuding between them. SO CUTE. LOVED the scene where she asked him to sing with her, loved everything about it, and they sounded SO GOOD together!! omg. Basically made my life right there.

Finn and Rachel were hilarious. Also, nice to finally see some more character growth on Rachel's end! Let me demonstrate for you guys what happened in my room after their first duet together.

Rachel: I'm selfish.

Me: First moment of character growth for her of the season.

Friend + Me: LOL

For reals, though. I missed part of the scene where she first told Finn she wanted to throw the competition because I was talking to said friend (I missed a lot of little bits and pieces of this episode because of that, actually--will have to rewatch later), but it was lovely to see her grow up and see beyond winning and look to the bigger picture and everything. Even if her motives were to win nationals with Sam (lose the battle but win the war and all that), the old Rachel would have insisted on winning every battle and the war, you know? Look at what happened with Sunshine. And she was doing it more for the team than for herself--she's not trying to carry them to victory alone; she's making the effort to let it be a group thing. So I loved that. Still think that Finchel was more interesting last season (used to be my OTP, now not so much), but I actually enjoyed them this ep, unlike how I really couldn't stand them in Auditions and Britney/Brittany--like with the whole boob scene in Grilled Cheesus, they're kind of a hilarious power couple now, and even if I'm not all emotionally invested in it anymore, it's still pretty funny/cute to watch. Also, OMG at their second duet. Um wow.

Kurt. AH. LOVED seeing him take care of Burt, and it was nice that Burt finally found out about his crush on Finn and that they talked all of it out. And it was good to see Finn standing up for himself, too, and that Kurt's not crushing on Finn anymore--Finn seemed a little harsh in this episode, maybe, but that's probably just me being biased; I do think it's really good that he's being up front with Kurt, finally, and I LOVE that he mentioned that he really likes Kurt/wants them to be friends. I think they're adorable together, romantic or not, and I'm really excited to see their storyline being given so much attention in the last couple of episodes and really hope that they can start to have a beautiful friendship and all that develop throughout the season. (Also, Kurt being defensive/never quite admitting to overdoing it with Finn last season was totally IC, but he was definitely more defensive than he was vulnerable about it, so it was a nice reassurance that he really isn't pining over Finn any longer. I do genuinely think that he stopped crushing on Finn at/just after Theatricality last season, even if I do write Kinn fanfic, and I'm happy that he's not making himself miserable over Finn anymore and that they can hopefully get beyond all of this one day and get closer. I hope they get close. They're adorable.)

Also, Santana is a terrible person. Sam/Quinn... yeah, Wendy predicted that. No strong feelings about Sam as of yet, though I LOL'd at the lemon juice/Kurt's sixth sense thing, and I felt bad for Kurt about the awkward position he wound up in with Sam, even if it was partly his own doing. It would be social suicide for Sam to duet with him, but the fact that the responsibility fell to Kurt to not sing with him, even if he didn't intend to go crazy like he did with Finn last year, just made me so sad. And Finn and Burt's advice to Kurt about it--I mean, it's rational, it makes sense, but it's just so sad that that's the way Lima, OH, works, you know? Blech.

/rant!

10/12/2010 #323
Wendy Brune

OMG, speaking of my roommate! Santana and Brittany were making out, and my roommate was like kind of not really trying to take a nap so wasn't paying attention, and my friend was confused because it was her first time watching, so I'm like, "They're friends with benefits." And my roommate SHOOTS out of bed with this bizarre look on her face and is like, "NOBODY TOLD ME THAT!" It doesn't sound funny at all now that I type it out, but it was hardcore lulzworthy.

THAT MADE ME LAUGH OUT LOUD FOR REAL! I DON'T KNOW WHY.

Ok, so I haven't seen the last twenty minutes, but overall I'm very pleased with this episode. It wasn't as crazy as the past few. It felt more believable. I'm so glad that Kurt finally got some sense knocked into him. I was so happy when Burt pointed out that he manipulated/pushed Finn a little far. It doesn't make what Finn said ok, but I felt some peace at it all!

Finn and Rachel were hilarious. Also, nice to finally see some more character growth on Rachel's end! Let me demonstrate for you guys what happened in my room after their first duet together.

THIS. I LOVED their first duet, by the way! (Totes didn't just buy it on iTunes. Totes not listening to it right now. Nope.) Finn's faces were so, so sweet. I want a guy like that, tee hee. And, I am glad that they actually gave Rachel a well-rounded character in this. I mean, it wasn't perfect, but yeah, there was finally some growth.

I also LOVED Tina/Mike's duet. So cute and well-done. That would actually be had to do in real life, because think of how good the timing has to be. Very entertaining.

Sam/Quinn... yeah, Wendy predicted that.

Hellz yeah. And I don't feel for Kurt. He needs to stop thinking that he can change people. I realize that it's hard to be in his situation, but he does set himself up. It's not goo to be so manipulative

10/12/2010 #324
StoryGirl02

I wrote at Jesse/Quinn drabble yesterday. Well, not really a pairing though.

Still a Puck/Quinn suppppportter 100% though angry Puck cause Sam tryna get in with his girl would be the things of magic!

10/12/2010 #325
Luna Rapunzel

TINA AND MIKE WERE AWESOME. Though I'd love to hear him sing for reals.

I'm so glad that Kurt finally got some sense knocked into him. I was so happy when Burt pointed out that he manipulated/pushed Finn a little far. It doesn't make what Finn said ok, but I felt some peace at it all!

And I don't feel for Kurt. He needs to stop thinking that he can change people. I realize that it's hard to be in his situation, but he does set himself up. It's not goo to be so manipulative

I think he's in a tight spot and not handling it well. Definitely good that he's been put in his place a little, definitely approve of the way he's handling things this time around, and I'll even agree that he was manipulative in the way he used to treat Finn--but even if I don't feel sorry for him/think he's a victim, per se, I do have a lot of empathy for him and his situation. It's hard. I get that. He was wrong, but still, you know? Though, upon rewatching, def think that Finn was 100% right about the way he treated Kurt in this episode. "No means no." Good job, Finn. Now if only you could have been that up front about it half a year ago.

10/12/2010 . Edited 10/12/2010 #326
Luna Rapunzel

Also, LMAO at Puck going to juvy for stealing an ATM machine.

Also, from Grilled Cheesus because I don't think I quoted it last week: "Oh my God, he's coming out!"

10/12/2010 #327
hiddlestons

Oh hi Ehwies!

I WATCHED THE GRILLED CHEESUS EPISODE LAST WEEK. :)

10/12/2010 #328
Luna Rapunzel

OHAI ESSIE! GRILLED CHEESUS WAS FTW Y/Y?

10/12/2010 #329
hiddlestons

It so was. And the FinnRachel was just too cute :)

And Kurt. IT WAS SO AWESOME

10/12/2010 #330
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Wendy Brune bkwrmnlvnit, darkaccalia520, GeorgyannWayson, Luna Rapunzel, The Real F'n Scorp, Madam'zelleGiry, ShadedRogue, The Reviews Lounge Too
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member