The Reviews Lounge, Too
A forum for The Reviews Lounge, Too community, which spotlights the excellent stories in our archives and promotes reviewing all stories without the promise of getting a review in return. Don't forget to read the rules and introduce yourself first!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 .. Last Next »
Rosawyn

K, so I've been told to keep my fandom ranting/gushing in this thread. So here I go.

I just watched THE BEST two eps of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes ever. (Btw, just in case you don't know the show, you can read a bit about it (and look at some screen shots and such) here: Anyway, these two ep's were called "Code Red" and "Winter Soldier" and they were freaking awesome! SO MUCH ANGST! lol But yeah. Awesome. I really enjoyed.

For anyone who's even a slight Steve/Tony shipper or Steve/Bucky shipper (movie-verse or otherwise), I think these eps would be entirely sqee-worthy. Though, that's certainly not the only reason to watch them. :P Dunno if anyone in the world ships Jan (the Wasp) with Steve, but if they did, there's a pretty sweet moment for them too. Yep. It's official: everyone's in love with Steve. And I don't have a problem with that. XD I should find the "I'm a Marvel and I'm a DC" video where all the Marvel characters basically line up and declare their undying devotion to Steve... Ok, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-i7WzCm4YI. And the whole point isn't even supposed to be that they're all in love with him...that's just my own personal interpretation. It's really just supposed to be about how wonderful Steve is. And I think most of us can agree on how true that is. :D

edit:

For all the Loki fans out there, I think you all really want to see this: (the conversation between Loki and Thor on the right hand side of the page)

And this isn't some troll, I really think that if you're a fan of Loki, you'll LOVE this, 100% honest truth. I mean, I'm not even really a Loki fangirl, but...*huggles Loki* :(

6/29/2012 . Edited 6/30/2012 #511
ShadedRogue

For all the Loki fans out there, I think you all really want to see this: (the conversation between Loki and Thor on the right hand side of the page)

And this isn't some troll, I really think that if you're a fan of Loki, you'll LOVE this, 100% honest truth. I mean, I'm not even really a Loki fangirl, but...*huggles Loki* :(

One word: SQUEE!

6/30/2012 #512
Starhazel

Even though he's a flawed hero, I just love Sirius!! I wish he was mentioned more in the books and the films! My stomach practically flips whenever his name is mentioned in the books, probably become its quite rare.

7/1/2012 #513
Starhazel

I love Snape/Lily too!! Snape's is such a sad story. I've only written marauder stories, but starting on a gred and forge one soon.

I think Harry and Ginny are hard to write because they only really got together near the end

7/1/2012 #514
Rosawyn

One word: SQUEE!

IKR?

Even though he's a flawed hero, I just love Sirius!!

I think I love him more because of his flaws rather than in spite of them.

Snape's is such a sad story.

Yes, it is. :(

7/1/2012 #515
Shuna

I love Team Plasma in the black and white games of Pokemon. Their clothes are absolutely ridiculous, but I really like that their intentions are good. In the earlier games, the various Teams were out to exploit them, but here, their methods are questionable, but good nonetheless.

7/1/2012 #516
Sloan33

DID SOMEONE SAY LOKI??!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

GFGJSPOFIJGSPOFGJ

I'm a Bruce Banners fan myself. :P

7/1/2012 #517
Rosawyn

DID SOMEONE SAY LOKI??!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Perhaps. ;)

I'm a Bruce Banners fan myself. :P

Moi aussi. :) But I think I'm a fan of them all. All the Avengers (including some who weren't in the movie), Nick Fury, Phil Coulson, Odin, Sif, Jane Foster, Bucky, Peggy, Pepper, Happy, Rhodey...

7/1/2012 #518
Sloan33

Love Rhodey. ;)

I love Coulson. Just, love love love him. Everytime I watch a Marvel movie, my parents have to put up with me going "Phil.... PHILLLLLLLLL." through the whole thing haha.

I'm like a stalker for Coulson.

7/1/2012 #519
Rosawyn

Love Rhodey. ;)

Me too! :D

I love Coulson. Just, love love love him.

It's kinda hard not to. XD

Everytime I watch a Marvel movie, my parents have to put up with me going "Phil.... PHILLLLLLLLL." through the whole thing haha.

Wow, I can see how that could get annoying. lol Oh hey, I saw someone on AO3 tagging a fic with "PHEELS" as in, Phil!feels. Thought you might appreciate that (even though the fic itself wasn't to my taste). But yeah. When they're Phil!feels, they're Pheels. XD

I'm like a stalker for Coulson.

Do you pair him with anyone? Just curious, because he's one half of my Avengers OTP... (Definitely not trying to start any sort of shipping wars, ftr.)

7/1/2012 #520
Sloan33

I ship him with Hawkeye.

It's like, my OTP, cause I can't decide whether or not to ship Stark with Steve or Bruce.

Yep, It's my OTP.

7/1/2012 #521
Rosawyn

I ship him with Hawkeye.

Oh. Um. I totally do NOT understand that pairing. Do you mind explaining your reasons why? I mean, I just don't see any basis at all for that. Besides, I ship Hawkeye with Black Widow, so. Maybe if you explained your reasoning I wouldn't actually literally physically grimace and or wince every time I see that pairing mentioned and go from outright hating it to just being more neutral to it. Like I said, not interested in shipping wars, and maybe understanding the reasons behind it would help.

cause I can't decide whether or not to ship Stark with Steve or Bruce.

Pick Bruce. ;) There is so much more obvious mutual attraction there.

Also, my OTP is Phil/Steve...

7/1/2012 #522
Sloan33

Alright. I'm gonna go off the top of my head here.

So, the Hawkeye/Coulson thing seems kind of off the whim at first, huh? Phil/Steve sounds so much more not impossible. It's weird, and I'll try to explain. There's just a few little snippets from the movie that make it seem not too crazy. Clint seems more close to SHIELD, and from what I saw ( only going by the movie here) he was known well by Coulson and the other agents. After all that shit happened to Clint and everything, and what happened to Coulson, something just kind of /clicked/. There's just so many underlined messeges in the movie about it; I guess I'd have to see it again to really clarify, and I'm trying not to spoil here. SHIELD is basically the only connection between the two. It's like the people who ship Tony/Loki. There's no much to go by. But if you watch really closely, you'll see. :P I'm not making any sense.

It's really, really difficult to explain, one of the things that are more abstract. I'm really sorry I couldn't clarify more ; my connection between them is SHIELD, the events that happened to both in the movie, and how you could sort of tie it together. In a way, you'd have to watch it yourself again and pay really really close attention. It's not something you could connect brainlessly, if ya know what I'm saying. It took some thinking for me, and I was like, "Ohhhhh." I hope I kinda clarified and you can kind of see where we get it from. If not, I'm sorry. I'll try to think of something better. I'll edit if I do.

7/1/2012 . Edited 7/1/2012 #523
Rosawyn

Phil/Steve sounds so much more not impossible.

Well, not exactly, since Steve is probably totally clueless to how Phil feels for him if not entirely opposed to the idea (not saying he's homophobic, just that he's likely not going to be entirely comfortable with the idea of a guy hitting on him).

SHIELD is basically the only connection between the two.

LOL There's the basis for a paring! Honestly, I see much more basis for Nick/Phil. Not only do they have SHIELD as a "connection," but Nick calls Phil "my one good eye." Also, they actually interact, which is something I don't really remember Phil and Clint doing.

It's like the people who ship Tony/Loki. There's no much to go by.

As much as I dislike Tony/Loki and think they would be entirely terrible for each other in a relationship, I actually see where that is coming from.

But seriously, Tony/Loki? No offense to anyone who ships them, but can you imagine them in an actual relationship? They would last all of 5 mins before Tony started checking out some hot girl and Loki KILLED her. XD I guess...I guess I just prefer pairings that keep everyone in character, and I can't really see that one being written well or believably.

And I guess that's the difference between Loki/Tonly and Clint/Phil in my mind. Sure, you could probably write Clint and Phil in a relationship while actually keeping both in character, but I just don't see any basis whatsoever for even a one-sided relationship between the two. Loki/Tony, though, there's plenty of what could be considered flirting, but for an actual relationship, I can't imagine them being together without being ooc.

But if you watch really closely, you'll see.

I doubt it. XD See, the thing with parings, I think, is you either feel it or you don't. Phil/Clint is a paring I don't feel and I'm never going to feel, and therefore I'm not going to see it.

you'd have to watch it yourself again and pay really really close attention.

I've seen it twice, and as much as I am curious to see why someone would ship something I really don't, if I were to watch it again, I'd watch it and enjoy it, not be looking for basis for something I don't ship. If anything, I'd be watching for more evidence to support Phil/Steve. :P

It's not something you could connect brainlessly, if ya know what I'm saying.

I don't know what you're saying. I certainly didn't connect Phil/Steve brainlessly...or any of my other pairings for that matter. Just because something involves feelings doesn't mean it's "brainless." At least not for me.

I hope I kinda clarified and you can kind of see where we get it from.

Not really, but I guess it's basically that certain people are going to be drawn to certain ships while other people are drawn to different ones.

So anyway...

Curious, do you ship Thor with anyone? I actually don't strongly ship him with anyone in the movies, though Thor/Jane is nice enough and I do want to see Thor 2 to see more of their story. In the animated Avengers show, I ship Thor/Tony, but not really in an OTP sort of way...more in a "this show is trying to ship Steve/Tony, and as cute as that is I'm going to just ship Thor/Tony to be different and because I love the way they snipe at each other" sort of way.

7/1/2012 #524
Sloan33

Yep, I thought I was the only one who shipped Tony/Thor!

I would give you a link to a story on AO3 that has Coulson and Clint in character, but the site's experiencing problems lately. It has Clint with a serious OCD problem, and Phil just kind of helping him through it. It's sweet. :)

Ugghh I share your thoughts with the Tony/Loki idea; it's horrible. God, yes, you're right, not trying to bash anyone who ships it.

Somebody named a threesome Stark Spangled Banner. I guess you know who that is. :) I thought I'd just share that.

I didn't mean that when I said brainlessly! I'm sorry if I offended you in anyway; it just took a bit of thinking for me. I'm really sorry if I offended you. :(

I love Thor and Tony in the movie. They were just funny together. lol

Again, sorry if I offended you!

7/1/2012 #525
Rosawyn

I thought I was the only one who shipped Tony/Thor!

XD Obviously not. Gosh, the way they're constantly sniping at each other in the animated series: "Magic is better!" "No way, science is better!" It's just the most adorable little Slap, Slap, Kiss just waiting for the "kiss" part! :D

I would give you a link to a story on AO3 that has Coulson and Clint in character, but the site's experiencing problems lately. It has Clint with a serious OCD problem, and Phil just kind of helping him through it. It's sweet. :)

I completely believe they could both be in character, and I'm pretty sure I said that. But, I'm not sure how Clint having serious OCD qualifies as him being in character?

And...I guess ever since I realized (some days after watching the movie the 2nd time) that I ship Clint/Natasha pretty crazy hard, I have a hard time imagining him with anyone else without it feeling really wrong. :/

Somebody named a threesome Stark Spangled Banner. I guess you know who that is. :)

Oh my gosh! That made me laugh so hard. :D

I didn't mean that when I said brainlessly!

I figured you didn't. And I was only slightly offended. :P Sorry, I'm in sort of a bad mood today because I'm just not having a good day/week/whatever.

I love Thor and Tony in the movie. They were just funny together. lol

Oh gosh, EVERYONE was so funny together! I freaking love that movie. I want to see it again. :P

7/1/2012 #526
Sloan33

(MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR AVENGERS MOVIE FOR OTHERS WHO HAVEN'T SEEN IT)

Gosh, I'll have to watch the animated series! I haven't even seen Thor yet.

Haha, I wasn't saying that that would qualify him as in character; how the person wrote it did. :/

My dad looked at me weird when I was laughing hysterically at Tony offering Steve and Bruce blueberries. He's like, obssessed with the Hulk and was talking about it the entire time, so it was cool anyway. And he got the Legolas thing too. :D Even though his favorite characters are Boromir and Gandalf.

My absolute favorite part was when Bruce rode up in the moped; everyone was shocked, but Tony was just like "Whatever, yay! My buddy is back!"

Gah, I just loved the whole thing! And Blavck Widow and Coulson's phone conversation at the begginning made me hysterical. My friend Andy was laughing hysterically beside me too at the time.

No words can express how much I love the movie.

7/1/2012 #527
Rosawyn

Gosh, I'll have to watch the animated series!

Yes. It is really good. I 100% recommend it.

I haven't even seen Thor yet.

As in, you haven't seen the movie?? :O But...you NEED to see it for half of the Avengers to even make sense...don't you?

Haha, I wasn't saying that that would qualify him as in character; how the person wrote it did. :/

So...basically, he's in character except for the fact that he now has OCD? I think I can understand that.

And he got the Legolas thing too. :D Even though his favorite characters are Boromir and Gandalf.

My fav character is Eowyn, for the record. I also really love Gandalf.

"My buddy is back!"

Yes! :D And he was just expecting it and everything!

Also, "Finally! Somebody who speaks English!" XD

No words can express how much I love the movie.

Yeah, but that doesn't stop us from using words to gush over it anyway... ;)

7/1/2012 #528
Sloan33

Yeppp. :D

And I really do need to see Thor.

Hehehehe, it's just so awesome all around.

Hey, gotta go hit the sack. :P

7/1/2012 #529
Rosawyn

And I really do need to see Thor.

Yes, you really, really do. ;)

(Also, I had to go get my kids to bed, so I was gone for over an hour anyway.)

7/1/2012 #530
Starhazel

yes! I ship Hawkeye and Black widow, they are amazing!!

7/2/2012 #531
Rosawyn

yes! I ship Hawkeye and Black widow, they are amazing!!

:D

I know she's been shipped with...pretty much EVERYONE in the comics at one time or another, but I prefer her with Hawkeye anyway. :P

7/2/2012 #532
Starhazel

yeah haha but her and hawkeye are more cute than like a lust couple haha

7/3/2012 #533
Rosawyn

yeah haha but her and hawkeye are more cute than like a lust couple haha

Yeah. I agree. I mean, as much as Tony/Natasha might be canon in the comics...I think it's kind of gross. In the Ultimate universe she and Tony made a sex tape... Ew times a million. And then she DIED and everyone was WATCHING THE SEX TAPE while Tony got seriously drunk (you know, more drunk than he usually is)... /reasons why Ultimate Marvel sucks

7/3/2012 #534
Sloan33

Okay I have to start this over because I accidently deleted it. So I wasn't downsizing Marvel, I just prefer DC to Marvel. If I had to absolutely chose. And I wasn't saying the heros or villians don't have depth. But let's take a look at the Joker. He's insane, a lost person, basically the perfect villian. People don't and do like him because of how he is. But can some people be so far from the edge? He represents the very frayed ends and chasm of insanity, a person who has lost all control and yet still very intelligent and methodical and his doings. And The Batman, honestly, wouldn't know what do without him. He COMPLETES the Batman. He said it himself, and he was true. Batman doesn't want to admit it, because the Joker is pure evil.

(WARNING MAJOR SPOILERS FOR THE DARK KNIGHT AHEAD DON'T GO FARTHER OF YOU AREN'T ROSA OR SOMEONE WHO HAS SEEN THE MOVIE))

The Joker planned this out very carefully. he put two very different aspects of society on two ships, and either they blew up the other ship, or they die. One was full of innnocent passangers, the other full of criminals. So half way through, the other innocent people finally decide to blow up the criminals because they've had their chance at life. But the criminals choose not to blow the other boat up. The Joker /knew/ that was going to happen. The Joker knew all people weren't innocent and incapable of violence. He wanted to show Batman. He wanted to show people how they really are. How's that for a display of the souls of people? Now we now that the Joker DOES have a point. He does have a point that people don't poop rainbows and eat sprinkles. We ALL have a dark side; the Joker just succombed to his. And he's perfectly ok with this. Batman's not. Batman is convinced that there's still hope in people, that they still have that bit of sunlight shining through Gotham, that they can be redeemed. HE just, does his job in a way other heros would cringe on. And what Jim Gordan said was right. He's not a 'superhero'. Batman is legitmently a GUARDIAN. Thus were the Dark Knight comes in. The Dark knight doesn't care if society hates him. He doesn't care if people think him a criminal, just as bad as the Joker. Because all he wants is to protect. And that's something that really impressed me when I first started liking Batman. Society sucks in Gotham, but Batman still protects it. The interrogation scene is probably my favorite scene in the movie. It unleashes how exactly Batman is portrayed to the Joker and how The Joker is to the Batman. That conversation is just genius, in all ways. But I'm just gonna leave it at that and let you decide for yourself. :P

7/3/2012 #535
Rosawyn

I wasn't downsizing Marvel, I just prefer DC to Marvel. If I had to absolutely chose.

And I prefer Marvel to DC if I had to absolutely choose.

basically the perfect villian.

And that right there underlines how DC isn't real to life. In reality, there are no perfect villains. I'm not saying he's a badly written character - he's far from it. It's just that he's not exactly realistic.

He COMPLETES the Batman. He said it himself, and he was true. Batman doesn't want to admit it, because the Joker is pure evil.

Yes, because they are fictional characters and they were written to complete each other. This isn't bad writing, obviously, but it's not how things happen in real life.

(WARNING MAJOR SPOILERS FOR THE DARK KNIGHT AHEAD DON'T GO FARTHER OF YOU AREN'T ROSA OR SOMEONE WHO HAS SEEN THE MOVIE))

The Joker planned this out very carefully. he put two very different aspects of society on two ships, and either they blew up the other ship, or they die. One was full of innnocent passangers, the other full of criminals. So half way through, the other innocent people finally decide to blow up the criminals because they've had their chance at life. But the criminals choose not to blow the other boat up. The Joker /knew/ that was going to happen. The Joker knew all people weren't innocent and incapable of violence. He wanted to show Batman. He wanted to show people how they really are.

Um, maybe I need to re-watch that movie, but I'm pretty sure the criminals choosing NOT to blow up the other boat came as a surprise to the Joker.

Batman is convinced that there's still hope in people

And that's exactly why he's a DC hero. Much like Superman, in his heart he's an idealist. Even after everything he's seen and gone through in his life, he's refused to give up hope. I don't know if that's realistic, but it's inspiring. And that's what the DC heroes are meant to be.

And gosh, I'm not saying that Marvel heroes cat be inspiring too. They most certainly can. But at the heart of it, DC heroes are meant to be paragons of how humanity SHOULD be, while Marvel heroes are meant to be reflections of how humanity actually IS.

The Dark knight doesn't care if society hates him. He doesn't care if people think him a criminal, just as bad as the Joker. Because all he wants is to protect.

Exactly. Exactly my point. Iron Man would have just said, "F these losers" and walked away. Sure, he may have come back. But you'll notice Iron Man needs a rather steady intake of alcohol to put up with the crap in his life, while Batman does it all stone-cold sober.

The exception the the Marvel heroes seems to be Capitan America: he's basically a DC type hero in the Marvel universe.

So, I'm not saying that DC is somehow worse than Marvel. Your argument that it's more like real life just isn't correct. Despite the stupid amounts of Marvel vs DC fan wars, it is entirely possible to like both. I love both. But I just love Marvel a tiny bit more. I'm not even going to try to justify that, as it's just personal preference, and I don't even know if one is "better" than the other. I just know I am a bit more attracted and a bit more attached to Marvel than I am to DC. If you want to watch a series of hilarious comparisons of Marvel and DC, I highly recommend the 'I'm A Marvel and I'm a DC" video series on youtube (assuming you haven't already seen them). I linked the Green Lantern vs Capitan America one in an earlier post, but there are several that Batman himself appears in. They're really and truly great, and I think the best part is that they are obviously made by people who are pretty massive fans of both. :)

7/3/2012 #536
Sloan33

Well said. :D

And you're totally true about there being the perfect villian.

And what you said about Stark is true also. :P

7/3/2012 #537
Rosawyn

lol Glad you agree with me! XD

(even if you don't really agree with me on everything)

7/3/2012 #538
Desktop Warrior

Saying my part about the Korra convo from last night here so this thread can have some love, too:

though, I think that kiss sort of ruined the whole epicness of the ending.

Romance in Korra was very, very poorly handled, both by the writers and the characters themselves.

Why could she have not gone with chubby Bolin?

And Bolin's not even chubby as much as he's just big. Unlike his brother, he has a head on his shoulders when it comes to romance. I think he would've been the better choice for Korra, were she forced to pick.

That said, I don't ship anyone in that show for some reason. Well, maybe a little Korra/Asami- -cough- Uh, I mean, yeah, nothing really does it for me. That...that is what I said.

It's not like it'll kill them to put girly girl in there. It's not like all girls like to fight! Yeah, yeah, I get it. Girls can be kick ass and save the day but it's a little overkill.

Actually, I think the girls were "girly" enough, in their own way. They weren't whiny, spoiled princesses, but they definitely had their femininity.

Oh, wait. You want a non-action girl? What about Tenzin's wife? Isn't she girly enough for you?

Pema is a goddess. That is all.

Also, did anyone else hope Katara would be dead or die? She's been so annoying and out of all the ones they could have brought back, they chose her.

WAT. I LOVE KATARA.

7/17/2012 #539
Rosawyn

Romance in Korra was very, very poorly handled, both by the writers and the characters themselves.

I completely agree.

Bolin's not even chubby as much as he's just big.

I agree as well. He's an athlete - I don't think he's "chubby" at all...that's muscle.

I don't ship anyone in that show

I don't really either. Well, at the end I joked and said I was going to ship Iroh II with Korra. But then my brother said he preferred the idea of Iroh II/Asami, and I realized I agreed with him. Until the 2nd season comes along, and we'll probably find out Iroh II is already married or some crap. :P

Well, maybe a little Korra/Asami

I can totally see basis for that!!!

They weren't whiny, spoiled princesses, but they definitely had their femininity.

I completely agree.

Pema is a goddess.

Oh gosh, I forgot her name, so I feel bad!! But yeah. She's pretty awesome. Though, she did give Korra some rather questionable romantic advice which Korra took and likely misinterpreted with disastrous results. But, yeah. Romance in the show was poorly handled. :P

I LOVE KATARA.

Me too! In fact, I think I love old!Katara even more than I loved young!Katara.

edit:

Speaking of the world of Avatar and all that, my one brother shared this to facebook, and I thought it was awesome: :D

7/17/2012 . Edited 7/17/2012 #540
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Wendy Brune Luna Rapunzel, GeorgyannWayson, MissScorp, Madam'zelleG, ShadedRogue, The Reviews Lounge Too
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member